Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Long ago, in this wonderful site we have all come ot love, there were once plans to create and release a mini-game, the first Gaia was set ot ever recieve, the Mining Game. Also known as the "Digging Game", previews were shown for the game such as this one:

User Image

In the bottom right hand corner you can see the Hammi that was supposed to be an environmental game creature, much like the moles in Whack-a-Mole.

The game was supposed to work much like the outdated Minesweeper, and you can view the details in the official debug leak performed by Shaded Spriter in his journal here.

((and here's a link to the printscreen of the journal entry should it ever be deleted - LINK))

These are the holes from the mining game:
User Image

Now, from the official preview, we saw the items from the game. However, later Gaia had shown special posters at their earliest convention attendances. These posters featured Durem's backdrop, and at the time, Gaia's cast of NPCs. Among them, you'll notice an unfamiliar face.

User Image

See that little man with the mining helmet and puffy mustache above Ruby, next to Meredith?

THAT...is NPC Reinhart.

So, thanks to this poster, the official preview, and Shaded Spriter's leak of the game, we can fully understand this game's mechanics, drops, rewards, and NPC.

However, shortly before this game was set to be officially launched, it was scrapped.

The reasons were officially unannounced, and unknown, until within the past year the Gaia Staff began its "Ask the Admin" question threads. One user had asked if there were any plans to revive the Mining Game, and Lanzer had replied that the game had been permanently scrapped.

In a later thread, it was asked WHY the game was scrapped, and Lanzer had made the first public reason of why. His answer?

"The game was really crappy. It ran poorly and we should've never made the game in Javascript."

What a poor excuse! gonk

If they had all the graphics, the NPC, the mechanics and the game was actually finished, but they didn't like it because it was in Java, and ALL these years have passed, what has stopped them all this time from re-programming the game in Flash? Or using HTML?

It seems like there's more to the story than is being said. Rumors used to fly that the game wasn't released because it was so similar to Minesweeper, over fear of a lawsuit. It was also said that Shaded Spriter's leak of the game also caused cancellation of the game.

Whatever the reason, users are definitely bummed they never got their game.

BUT!!! With your voices and support, we CAN convince the Gaia Staff to make this game.

Some may be concerned that the game would feel outdated. But the staff could even consider the possibility of re-making this game into something better than they had originally intended.

Imagine your avatar walking around in a Mining environment, having to beat off the bad Bammis, and avoid hitting gentle Hammis as you search the walls of the Durem Caves, finding the right spot to dig, then mining up jewels, ores, to exhange at both the upcoming Weapons Shop for custom weapons, armor and battle accessories, and bringing your mined jewels and precious gems to the Barton Jewellers where Agatha will create dazzling jewelry and jeweled gear for your avatar.

The Mining System itself could offer up its own unique exchange for ores, gems and other findings in the mines, that neirther fall into the jewelry or battle categories.

But basically, what the signers of this Petition are agreeing to is:

Quote:
1. We want the team at Gaia to release the Mining Game. Whether the game is the originally planned game, just reprogrammed into Flash or HTML, or if they want to redesign the game completely, we want a Mining Game.

Period!

2. The game's NPC must be [NPC] Reinhart, as shown in the convention poster preview.

3. The game must offer up exchange items for both ores and gems, which users can exchange. Don't just let us mine for gold! We want items too.

4. The hamster creatures of Gaia's creation the Hammis and Bammis, must be used in the game somehow.

5. The game must be located in the Durem Reclamation Hub, the caves to the north of Durem.

Other than that, we're not really asking for much. this is a simple petition, that is both informative and clear-cut, and has a very simple goal.

Get the Mining Game released for wanting users. heart

SO SIGN TODAY!! heart heart eek heart heart

Your signature could mean the difference between this game's permanent, and eternal death, or resurrection and glorious return! biggrin
SIGNATURES: 120

1. Salt-Tea
2. Diphallic Terata
3. xYamiBakurasLostSoulx
4. Suo Bah
5. N3wb0wn3rs
6. Labtech Syko
7. Kiggy
8. Ame no Yanagi
9. cyradius
10. Tenko72
11. Lavi Deux
12. CommanderShipper Kaida
13. clownrus
14. Imai Takai
15. fireboy8998
16. Lady_Mao
17. Markka_Desu
18. Floating-Pocky
19. SerpentRose
20. Lucca Ashtear
21. Miss Vienna
22. vic2008
23. Turtle_Sloth
24. pandawara
25. Artix_Denvor
26. Aquila non captat muscas
27. TheWatermelonKid
28. Britt1913
29. bluemist1
30. Capt Valentine
31. AznChii
32. DuckStyle
33. Godly Waffle
34. The Anti-Spam
35. Killer_Cactus23
36. Emilia Fox
37. emmelle cain
38. Matina Kaiser
39. Plookoon
40. Oppa_Kom_
41. Sparrow511
42. cloudstar
43. jessjames
44. Ivan The Mouse
45. NovaCracker
46. Opal Moon22
47. Gejio
48. AvianFlame
49. dragantis
50. kpuff2
51. Jing360
52. -X-DragonxPrincess-X-
53. Drunk Flyer
54. koliup
55. Dandi Dotty
56. Y-DOC 1.0
57. Nishizaka
58. LegendOfTheArcade
59. Xx_Dr_Feelgood_Rx_xX
60. Monsieur Dormouse
61. Kumori Kat
62. Br0kenDoll
63. Unphotographable
64. nicomon the archmage
65. Nine Tailen Fox
66. Never_Remembered777
67. Kobanya
68. Xatxat
69. iFundip
70. Jhessail HopeBlade
71. Indulge [In Words]
72. Marina Toriama
73. Jull kun
74. VampiressOfSeduction
75. DarkBangle
76. Nichya Navsegda
77. Bjakker
78. Kytona
79. Shrove
80. RichyAlive
81. LabDoc
82. I n n a h
83. Hetkala
84. Shunji Sato
85. Jazin Kay
86. Mintie_Cakie
87. fuwafuwa777
88. Epicexplosion
89. Naked fushia
90. Songoku921
91. iWoof
92. W(A)YN(E)
93. cocobunnbunn
94. Bunnyfire16
95. DizzyPirateJim
96. Victorette
97. Jace Quin
98. BembemG
99. Tetra Urimeshi
100. Kyla_Ewens
101. lazerchican
102. Divine Waters
103. Aetherwaves
104. aragonkaylaa
105. Tagoshi_Inuzuka
106. Xx_IwIshIwasafIsh_xX
107. Acid Grinder
108. GizzymoChan_
109. Coffy
110. Azura Cantarella
111. Lunathedemoncat
112. Speedira
113. Izzy of the Insane
114. GirlPuck
115. The Evil Rabbit
116. Estrada Da Estrela
117. the original neji hyuga
118. Talladarr
119. kaykeyser
120. Wolf de Night
MEDIA KIT:

Signature Links:

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.45254089/][IMG]http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo11/Salt-Tea/MGPHeader.png[/IMG][/url]

Have a signature link you'd like to submit? Send it to me in a PM! biggrin heart
*signs* heart User Image
Diphallic Terata
*signs* heart User Image

*added*

Thanks for your support! biggrin
Oh...this reminds me of when other items were never released because of leaks. I think it's pointless because it makes us want them even more. This also reminds me of when Gaia was innocent and not so much of a cash cow. I sign, I wouldn't mind having another interactive game. Not to mention they already made an NPC for it so why not? I mean it's kinda stupid to make the NPC public, then never use him. It kinda makes Gaia a bit secretive like America's government....>>
Little_Ryou
Oh...this reminds me of when other items were never released because of leaks. I think it's pointless because it makes us want them even more. This also reminds me of when Gaia was innocent and not so much of a cash cow. I sign, I wouldn't mind having another interactive game. Not to mention they already made an NPC for it so why not? I mean it's kinda stupid to make the NPC public, then never use him. It kinda makes Gaia a bit secretive like America's government....>>

I completely agree! Many users feel these days there's too much emphasis on this new "cash" feel Gaia has taken a liking to.

A good stimulus to our Old Gaia senses might be a very wise PR move for the staff indeed. biggrin

*added*

Thanks for your support and discussion! heart
Suo Bah
*signz*

*added*

Thanks for your support! biggrin
*sings...realizez typed signes wrong and types again* *SIGNS*

Althought would be cool to sing about a petition for the mining system xd
N3wb0wn3rs
*sings...realizez typed signes wrong and types again* *SIGNS*

Althought would be cool to sing about a petition for the mining system xd

*added*