Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
Selini

*pokes nose in*

I second this. I had a blast with Arceus. x)
Indeed, it took some getting used to at first. I think it's worth it, though!

Did you beat it? Here's where I shamefully admit that I still have the last boss fight left. I haven't returned to the game since I know I'd have to run around a while first, to relearn all the controls. > < ...And I was looking forward to getting that shiny charm. XD

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
rawfie
sdrawkcab

Hisuian Zorua is so cute! How's your egg luck been?
I was hesitant about Arceus for the same reason... but I enjoyed it immensely. I was worried about the catching mechanics, but you just press a button, it auto-locks on your target, and you throw the ball. You can't miss. You still have pokemon battles, but can catch pokemon easier.
The absolute worst part were the, uh, boss fights. I had to do some of them multiple times to learn the timing and never want to do them again. XD

Buuut for me, I'd gotten tired of pokemon games all being the same basic grind. Arceus was fun. I had a lot of fun sneaking around, sniping pokemon. XD I didn't expect to enjoy it so much
I can see how you'd avoid it for the same reason... it's definitely different
Kinda crappy still. I might breed a different zorua than the one i've been using.

I saw a let's play of it, and I know I'll get stuck at Kleavor. sweatdrop

Oh no. Do you shiny hunt often?

Ah gotcha. I was also worried I wouldn't do well on those fights. I'm decent at platformers and various games but... something about the Arceus fights just suck. They're surprisingly difficult for a game that's supposed to be for kids. XD .... I had one fight where I failed like five or six times in a row. I stopped the game for the day, thinking I finally hit my limit. I returned the next day and beat it first try, no damage taken. :/ Idk why I was suddenly amazing, but had nooooo desire to do that again. > < Luckily, the rest of the game is really fun. They need a child mode that's way less stressful. XD

thedarkbeing's Waifu

Hilarious Flatterer

sdrawkcab
crazypieloverangel
Day # 22
Theme: Goat
Time spent: 1hr53min29sec17ms

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Comments: I felted a baby goat because they're adorable! whee I like how it turned out. Wish I had more time but oh well sweatdrop

Neat! And so cute. o wo

Thank you Cabbie heart You're so sweet whee

thedarkbeing's Waifu

Hilarious Flatterer

Kumacchiato
Day # 24
Theme: music challenge
User Image

Aaaaa I love your interpretation heart emotion_kirakira

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
faery nuff
sdrawkcab
*snip*

I don't mind the massive list of spoilers! I like to be nosey and see what I missed biggrin

And I'm glad you picked the piranha, that was my favourite one recently!

crazypieloverangel

Thank you Cabbie for doing the spotlight heart And lovely choices!!! I think the individual spoilers is fine ^^

Yay, thanks for the feedback c:

thedarkbeing's Waifu

Hilarious Flatterer

Day # 24
Theme: Music Challenge
Time spent: 1hr08min03sec11ms

Comments: I love this song. Thanks Chii crying heart

Kawaii Otaku

Day # 24 emotion_ghost
Theme: Vulpix
Time spent: 1hr

User Image

Comments:

Tipsy Kitten

34,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Day # 24
Theme: Love Letter
Time spent: 1h 18m

User Image

Comments: Again with the rushing crying Definitely a WIP this time!

Magic Manifestation

36,900 Points
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250
  • March 2020 Collector 250
  • Wing Mastery 100
sdrawkcab
faery nuff
Day # 24
Theme: Sea Urchin
Time spent: 1h30

User Image

Comments:So my new toy arrived in the post today! I bought an overhead camera so I can record my drawing.
The camera itself is easy enough to use but I'm going to have to learn how to edit videos which is something I've never done before.
And I didn't realise how much I turned my paper about when I draw. Consequently I've ended up with a very simple drawing today but it was drawn entirely without turning the paper.
I'll have to practice the colouring.
My video is about 8 minutes long and not very interesting so I'm just downloading some editing software to make it go faster! If any of you guys have any experience with this sort of thing I would really appreciate some advice!

That is... so many spikes to fill! XD; But cute!
That's so exciting!! I have no video editing skills. I used to have a phone app that would let me edit out snippets of video... but I worked with cat videos that were a couple mins long at most. It was very basic.
I'm spoiled by my art app. It records a timelapse of the drawing and has two export options. I can either export the full video or a sped up 30s version... so I always just pick the 30s version.
Also bonus, my video replay shows a static canvas and not all my rotations and zooms. XD idk how you were able to fill in all those spines in this sea urchin without rotating. @ .@ Skill. That'll be cool when you get that going. I know the IG algorithm favors videos now... I do my best to look at a lot of regular art and not video on IG. Just to try to help show that someone out there isn't on IG for the video but... ...I do like watching videos of people's art process. Both digital and traditional mediums... > <

I managed to find one already installed on my computer but it's not intuitive and honestly I'm not sure if I'm doing it 'right'. But I did manage to speed my playback up and put some terrible cheesy music on it and I got a whole 6 likes on my instagram post so I'm calling that a win xd

Drawing digitally definitely makes it easier to do videos and stuff. I miss my tablet crying

You're right about the videos though. It seems to be much easier to doomscroll through many many videos (mostly of rubbish) than it is to find pictures of decent art. I'm slowly learning how to use the hastags to find things I want to look at rather than replying on insta's guess at what I want to see.

Magnetic Novel

24,190 Points
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Abomination 100
  • A Novel Idea 0
Day # 024
Time spent: a bit more than 1hr

User Image

Comments:
A very brain barf kinda art as it doesn't make sense. Drew this while talking with one of my bestie so I didn't put much thought to the process or planning but went with the flow. A mindless doodle.

Originally wanted to incorporate 'Grace' theme with this as a lady holding a love letter but it went in a complete different direction.
and i ran out of time...
this looks a bit more of a love letter bg with the girl as a forefront as a 'memory' maybe but i didn't lower the opacity and play with the effects.

Used a new type of brush for the lineart - i feel the texture shows a lot more and it's quite pleasin to work with.
didn't want to paint it but did add a bit here and there like the blush and a shadow under the letter. also did a bit of hatchin but its a bit tough to hatch usin a tablet
not quite happy with the sketchy look but i am a bit pleased with the loose hair and the side-view even thou it isn't perfect User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Magnetic Novel

24,190 Points
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Abomination 100
  • A Novel Idea 0
Leithern
Day # 24
Time spent: 1h 18m

User Image

Comments: Again with the rushing crying Definitely a WIP this time!

oooh thats a cool way to use the theme! its like she's gettin them from adorin fans or highschool kinda theme. love the folds on the letters too - great eye!

Manly Man-Lover

sdrawkcab

Oh no. Do you shiny hunt often?

Ah gotcha. I was also worried I wouldn't do well on those fights. I'm decent at platformers and various games but... something about the Arceus fights just suck. They're surprisingly difficult for a game that's supposed to be for kids. XD .... I had one fight where I failed like five or six times in a row. I stopped the game for the day, thinking I finally hit my limit. I returned the next day and beat it first try, no damage taken. :/ Idk why I was suddenly amazing, but had nooooo desire to do that again. > < Luckily, the rest of the game is really fun. They need a child mode that's way less stressful. XD
Violet is actually the first game where I attempted to shiny hunt. I did get two shinies in gen 3, though.

Agreed.

II Earl Grey II's Darling

Day # 25
Theme: butterfly
WIP... spoiler cuz i havent finished the clothing yet rofl

User Image

NeveroddoreveN's Husband

Beloved Unicorn

Day 25 Romance, Ghost

User Image

NeveroddoreveN's Husband

Beloved Unicorn

Lioba
True Karma

^^ you are too sweet as always. I hope life is going well and work isn't soul draining XD sadly a wish I have for everyone u.u

oh my, wishing you the same heart
honestly I'm trying to get back on my feet, the challenge helps somewhat but I'm too lazy to catch up and post into this forum too 😅
I try to at least keep up with what other people are doing, but my brain is all over the place these days. My job can be fun but right now I have a million micro-tasks and they are driving me crazy

^^That's sad your job is keeping your mind so busy. It's day 25 it's weird to think this event is a quarter complete O: I hope you aren't putting too much pressure on yourself.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff