Welcome to Gaia! ::

thedarkbeing's Waifu

Hilarious Flatterer

WraythRose Darkthorn
crazypieloverangel

That's so cool that you made that ink! eek Do you use any other natural dyes?

I made coffee ink earlier this event! XD

I did make elderberry ink last year iirc, (might have been the year before!) accidently got thrown out during a fridge clean out sweatdrop

Next time I get iron water sachets (like vitamins?) I'm going to use one on the oak gall ink to make the real black ink.

Soot was also a possible ink I haven't tried making.

dye wise, we dyed some wool ages ago using an onion skin dye (& the proper mordants iirc) made a gorgeous autumn-y rusty orange brown mix!

Oh yeah I remember that! Ohhh what color does the elderberry ink make?

That's so cool! I didn't know you could buy those and make ink with them. Soot from ashes and stuff?

Oooo, what did you do with the wool afterwards? whee I'm so invested in this XD

Magnetic Novel

24,190 Points
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Abomination 100
  • A Novel Idea 0
emotion_ghost Day # 26
Theme: Elysian Otora
Time spent: Sadly don't remember but around an hour or less for each piece?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

User Image

Comments: The top one is a 'pet accessory' design I did for a pet avatar contest.
The original pet is on the left (I didn't draw it!) and my 'accessory' design is on the right! Very subtle changes but simple enough without changing the base of the original.
Wasn't sure if this is an accepted 'art' in 100 day but I thought it'll be fun to share since all I've been drawing is to design a buncha pets + coz it looks really themed together with the doodle.

Drew this on May 7th but I totes forgot to post it here.
This is just a silly, simple doodle with very little effort and to let go of some of my fears.
I wanted to paint on top of the lineart all in a single layer (the horror!) to let go of the fear of not making any digital mistakes.
Not easy obv and p horrifyin too but I really enjoyed doodling a very simple one even thou it took a while and I got a bit frustrated.
It's def not my fav doodle and if I could, I'm itchin to go in an fix it up a bit more neater but I'm learnin to accept ugly, incomplete doodles are ok too.

I wanted so bad to post my traditional doodles but one thing after another and my laziness to take photos just won and I completely forgot to afterwards...
I'll try to post them if I could before time runs out ToT

Serpentine Trickster

71,925 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Team Poison Master 250
crazypieloverangel
WraythRose Darkthorn
crazypieloverangel

That's so cool that you made that ink! eek Do you use any other natural dyes?

I made coffee ink earlier this event! XD

I did make elderberry ink last year iirc, (might have been the year before!) accidently got thrown out during a fridge clean out sweatdrop

Next time I get iron water sachets (like vitamins?) I'm going to use one on the oak gall ink to make the real black ink.

Soot was also a possible ink I haven't tried making.

dye wise, we dyed some wool ages ago using an onion skin dye (& the proper mordants iirc) made a gorgeous autumn-y rusty orange brown mix!

Oh yeah I remember that! Ohhh what color does the elderberry ink make?

That's so cool! I didn't know you could buy those and make ink with them. Soot from ashes and stuff?

Oooo, what did you do with the wool afterwards? whee I'm so invested in this XD

elderberry was a dark-ish purple (now you can get colour changes by mixing in a little vinegar - made it pinker - or baking soda - made it bluer - like the purple cabbage kids science experiment). Unfortunately they're not a light fast or stable ink so my swatches have faded to purple, weird blue & faded yellow! lol

Lampblack was a valid ink - made very very fine particles so could make ink from it. There's a quest in the game Witcher 3 where a lady had a guest who took her best pan, you find out he scrapped it clean it to use to make ink. The old lady is nor happy because that pan was perfectly seasoned after years of use! xd e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSuFSYY-X9w
But most cultures used it.

We have the wool in a ball at the moment, haven't used it so it's in the yarn stash! sweatdrop

Manly Man-Lover

Selini

emotion_ghost Day #95
Theme: Art Request
Time spent: ...

User Image
rawfie

Comments: Wanted to give Bane a try.
OMG!! THANK YOU!! He looks SO GOOD!

NeveroddoreveN's Husband

Beloved Unicorn

Day 96, Ghost
User Image

II Earl Grey II's Darling

Day # 96
Theme: squirrel

User Image

Invisible Dreamer

rawfie
Selini

emotion_ghost Day #95
Theme: Art Request
Time spent: ...

User Image
rawfie

Comments: Wanted to give Bane a try.
OMG!! THANK YOU!! He looks SO GOOD!

No prob, glad you like it.

thedarkbeing's Waifu

Hilarious Flatterer

Day # 96
Theme: Ursala's Lair
Time spent: 34min55sec26ms

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Comments: This scene from Ursala's Lair always struck me as a kid. This part always freaked me out!

thedarkbeing's Waifu

Hilarious Flatterer

WraythRose Darkthorn
elderberry was a dark-ish purple (now you can get colour changes by mixing in a little vinegar - made it pinker - or baking soda - made it bluer - like the purple cabbage kids science experiment). Unfortunately they're not a light fast or stable ink so my swatches have faded to purple, weird blue & faded yellow! lol

Lampblack was a valid ink - made very very fine particles so could make ink from it. There's a quest in the game Witcher 3 where a lady had a guest who took her best pan, you find out he scrapped it clean it to use to make ink. The old lady is nor happy because that pan was perfectly seasoned after years of use! xd e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSuFSYY-X9w
But most cultures used it.

We have the wool in a ball at the moment, haven't used it so it's in the yarn stash! sweatdrop

Oooooo that's so cool!! I'll have to try it, even if it isn't lightfast!

Hahahaha, that's super funny, I love that XD Oh I've seen this ink making process before! surprised That's super cool and looks like it requires a lot of stamina and strength. Those calligraphy inks look so smooth to use too.

Aw that's totally understandable XD I have a lot of those myself lol

II Earl Grey II's Darling

Day # 97
Theme: unicorn
WIP.... needs color
User Image

Magnetic Novel

24,190 Points
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Abomination 100
  • A Novel Idea 0
emotion_ghost Day # 27
Theme: Pufferchick Play-Time
Time spent: Don't remember - probs a bit more than 2hrs?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

User Image

Comments: Another pet doodle + accessory!
The original pet accessory is on the left (I didn't draw it!) and my 'accessory' design is on the right!
Wanted to do a summer fun theme but all I could do was a water pool splash one.

I was done with this one but I didn't want to leave it half-way and push through.
Played with a lot of textures to find something that I was satisfied with.

Moonlight Healer

Day # 22
Theme: Goat
Time spent: 5 Minutes

User Image

Comments: Messy goat sketch. I used a reference, but had to draw in pen... cat_sweatdrop

Moonlight Healer

Day # 24
Theme: Sea Urchin
Time spent: 10 Minutes

User Image

Comments: I tried erasing the sketch lines too fast...had to reink it. cat_stare

Moonlight Healer

Day # 25
Theme: Color Challenge-Monochrome Brown
Time spent: 5 Minutes

Spoilered for caterpillar
User Image

Comments: So you guys know those super cute, fuzzy caterpillars that are incredibly soft? That's what I was going for. ;u;

Also super rushed cuz my genius self procrastinated AT THE LAST MINUTE AAAAAA-

Moonlight Healer

Day # 26
Theme: Pick a Previous Unused Theme (Day #21 Tiredness) WIP
Time spent: 15+ Minutes

User Image

Comments: I couldn't resist sinking a little more time into this sketch lol. Really happy with how it looks so far. cat_3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff