• March 2020 Collector 250
  • Wing Mastery 100
True Karma
faery nuff
True Karma
faery nuff
Quick Question:

Snails - Spoilers or not?
I don't think they're really bugs but I'm not the one who would potentially be freaked out by creepy crawlies and I don't want to upset anyone.

I don't remember us wrapping them in spoiler tags last year... but I would just in case.

Cool! I'll stick em in a box 3nodding

^^ I'm excited to see what you drew. We missed seeing you post last year, happy to have you back.

emotion_hug
I've done two today as I hated the first one.
I'm just colouring in the final one now.

I did miss being part of the event last year but honestly, I had a mastectomy in February and then started Chemo in March so I'd have been no good to anyone even if I had made the start date.

Tipsy Kitten

34,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
crazypieloverangel
Leithern
Day # 1
Theme: Faeries
Time spent: 1hr 15min

User Image

Comments: Day one, babyyyyy.

NOT ME AND LEITH BEING LITERALLY ON THE SAME WAVELENGTH rofl

AYO?? biggrin Ahaha that's awesome. Your piece is gorgeous heart

Magic Manifestation

36,900 Points
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250
  • Wing Mastery 100
Day # 2
Theme: Snail
Time spent: 2h

Final Image:
User Image

Sketches:
User Image
User Image
User Image

Comments: Put the image in spoilers in case it was a bug.
Please let me know if it's ok to unspoiler it 'cause I love this one and I want to show it off!
There are other snails loose in the thread so I'm joining in! blaugh

Started off with a big snail but it looked a bit meh when I inked it. And it only took about 15 minutes but I didn't want to take it any further.
So I decided to try a simpler cartoony style and experiment with different views of snails and I absolutely LOVE how it turned out heart

Tipsy Kitten

34,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Quadropopilous
㊦㊚

cassieeeeee

YAY BIRTHDAY TWINSIES! I'm going to Epcot on my birthday. The flower festival started yesterday and they have tasty food booths just like the Food and Wine Festival. And it gets my garden frenzy going. I took tomorrow and sunday off too, mostly to sleep in, draw with you guys, and get my garden worked. I got a lot of transplanting to do but it makes me happy that I can grow something and take care of it when I can't take care of myself LOL (I mean I'm alive so I'm doing something right). Hoping a friend goes with me a different day to get some good indian food. How about you?

🈂️🈶

That sounds like a fantastic day! Good luck with your gardening, too~

Tipsy Kitten

34,450 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
faery nuff
Day # 2

Final Image:
User Image

Sketches:
User Image
User Image
User Image

Please let me know if it's ok to unspoiler it 'cause I love this one and I want to show it off!

Started off with a big snail but it looked a bit meh when I inked it. And it only took about 15 minutes but I didn't want to take it any further.
So I decided to try a simpler cartoony style and experiment with different views of snails and I absolutely LOVE how it turned out heart

I'm in LOVE with these cuties!! Especially the big one in the sketches! The shell detail is so good.

Magic Manifestation

36,900 Points
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250
  • Wing Mastery 100
Leithern
faery nuff
Day # 2

Final Image:
User Image

Sketches:
User Image
User Image
User Image

I'm in LOVE with these cuties!! Especially the big one in the sketches! The shell detail is so good.

LOL I thought he was starting to look like a croissant xd

thedarkbeing's Waifu

Hilarious Flatterer

Leithern
crazypieloverangel
Leithern
Day # 1
Theme: Faeries
Time spent: 1hr 15min

User Image

Comments: Day one, babyyyyy.

NOT ME AND LEITH BEING LITERALLY ON THE SAME WAVELENGTH rofl

AYO?? biggrin Ahaha that's awesome. Your piece is gorgeous heart

Oh Lei, you're so sweet crying yours is really nice too <3 wonder what theme you'll pick today... eek

II Earl Grey II's Darling

Day # 2
Theme: snail & ogre
User Image

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
        Day: 02
        Theme: art request: weird bird (Kumacchiato)

User Image User Image

Comments: I drew weird bird today. I love weird bird so much. XD I left the file sizes the original size.
        The fist one is supposed to be unsettling and the second is supposed to be beautiful. o 3o
        Kumacchiato

II Earl Grey II's Darling

sdrawkcab
I drew weird bird today. I love weird bird so much. XD I left the file sizes the original size.
The fist one is supposed to be unsettling and the second is supposed to be beautiful. o 3o

OMG omgomgomgomg I love these!!!!!
That first one makes me laugh so hard.
I cant wait to frame it pirate emotion_dowant
he is so perfect!
thankyou thank you thankyou

Manly Man-Lover

YAY! I FOUND THE GROUP THREAD! I should really friend the mule so I don't miss it next time. sweatdrop

Manly Man-Lover

Name you want to appear on the art: Bane
Reference Images:User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Pay attention to: He only wears the colors black white and gray. He is also REALLY pale. His face is tattooed like a skull.
Others: His eyes are also black like his hair.

Name you want to appear on the art: Criss

Pay attention to:
Others: He works as a nurse for a hospital and is always wearing scrubs. Feel free to remove his jacket. And he is a bookworm.

Name you want to appear on the art: Z
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Pay attention to:
Others:

Serpentine Trickster

71,925 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Team Poison Master 250
Day # 002
Time spent: ~35min

Spoilered for (sfw) mating shenanigans (Google images for snail sex is ummm wild & hilarious & ew... O_o )
User Image

Comments: the sparkles are not the theme I chose, (in case I want to actually do that theme another day), but merely a decorative touch wink

edit: Used Spectrum Noir sparkle pen in Blue Topaz (& a little in Sea breeze), outline in Faber castell pitt artist pen M fineliner.

Serpentine Trickster

71,925 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Team Poison Master 250
I only found this thread now! caught up on everything & totally vote for Jacked Frost rofl

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
faery nuff
sdrawkcab

Haven't fairied in ages?! o -o I didn't think that possible! I don't see any struggles in the final piece. And now I'm looking forward to curly-headed fairies. o wo

... I did well and kept drawing a lot throughout the last year. And then my iPad filled up in December. Long story short, it's been difficult to clear up space. It crashes when full so I couldn't draw for months... but I've cleared up a bit of room. I just have to stay diligent with offloading my art files so it doesn't lock up again. OTL

I feeeel out of practice. I think I need to make a Pinterest board of my own art so that I remember... things I drew that I liked > < so I can do that

I've mostly been drawing mushrooms since Christmas and before that christmas cards.
With fairies but only small ones.

User Image
User Image

oh, technology is fickle. I blew up the scanner today >.<
Can you not just dump all the art files into the cloud and use them one at a time?

eep, lol, I can't look at pinterest. It eats my day! Rabbitholes O.o

Oh wow, those mushrooms are so pretty!
> < Do you think there's any hope for the scanner? I hate that this stuff always happens. Some task should be straight forward and take a few mins... but then technology just decides to quit working.
I'm uhhhh figuring out the cloud stuff. Someone recommended Google Drive to me. I still need to see if I can offload from my app straight into GD. It should work. I'd been using iCloud Drive. I'd never used it before this and... learned that it's not actually cloud storage. XD; It's just a shared file that still takes up space on my iPad.

Right?! I used to be immune to Pinterest. But then I started looking at inspirational ideas for 'folklore' and 'fairytale' style art back in, like, November and I fell into the rabbit hole @ .@

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff