Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Hello! I thought it would be helpful to have a place for people to submit their queries in advance for the next Ask the Staff event. Feel free to post your questions here, questions answered will go in OP of the next event. For those of you who's questions did not get answered, you may post your question here.

Please be sure to follow the Rules and Guidelines posted below. These apply not only to this thread by all Ask the Staff events!
Ask the Staff Rules & Guidelines

1. Please keep your posts constructive.
    Posts that are overly abusive towards management, staff or other members of the community will be deleted without warning. Gaian's who are overly negative in Ask the Staff may be permanently removed from participation in this and future events.

2. One question per post.
    Please only ask one question in your post. Asking more than one question in your post may result in your post getting skipped for not following this.

3. Repeat posts will be deleted.
    Please only post your question once. Repeated posting of the same question may result in the additional posts being deleted. This is to help keep the noise in the thread down and allow questions by others to be seen.

4. Do not post support issues.
    Do not post issues regarding account bans, billing issues, warnings, and other support issues. Instead, please file a ticket about them at our Help Center. Questions about support issues may result in your post getting skipped.

5. Not all questions will be answered.
    This may occur because at present- they do not have an answer, it was already answered, because it was missed, or because the proper format was not followed in posting the question.

6. The thread may get locked periodically.
    Should the thread posts grow faster than we can handle, we may temporarily lock the thread while we catch up. We will post if the lock is because of us catching up, or due to the event being over.
Questions should follow the following format...

[b]Question Category[/b]

Question

The categories are:

• Art
  • Items
  • Features
  • Games
  • Shops
  • Events
  • Manga

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
ADVERTISEMENT

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

See all of the answers Gaia Staff have given in Ask the Staff!
Sorted by date and by subject!

ahora con traducciones / maintenant avec traductions / ora con traduzioni

Bum

Items

I was wondering if we could get a background ticket and possibly include hats into the accessory ticket? I've been really
wanting to make recolors of the grass poses from User Image and User Image but don't want to waste a a bunch of rts/drts on them. confused
problem is, i don't know how you'd decide how many gradients would be allowed since backgrounds tend to require more than two.
i also know quite a few users who would love to be able to use the accessory ticket for recoloring hats, but can't.

Simply Grim's Partner

Enduring Survivor

18,050 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
(Not sure what category this falls under) I'll get right to my question, what is GaiaOnlines viewpoints on the hot topic of Net Neutrality since the current FCC chairmen announced his not so accepted plans on it today in the US. Are you for it? And if so will you, as a company, be fighting for it (ex banners to spread awareness like you did for SOPA)? Perhaps it's not even on your radar? Thank you all for your time.

Browser

Features

Could you guys please increase the friends list cap? Yes, I do have old friends that are inactive, but I do not wish to delete them, as a possibility that they may once log in again.

Hopeless Businessman

25,365 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • 10000 High Score 300
  • Tree's the Season 100
Items

Since the Monthly collectibles is no more available,would you make more recolored monthly collectible items?
Thank you

Invisible Explorer

46,325 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Cookie Collector 400
  • Forum Junior 100
Features - Outfit Slots

Question:
Would it be possible to make slots 28-100 buy-able with plat/gold (as in have the option to pay with gCash or gold/plat)? I have the funds to buy anything beyond 100 with gold/plat but am blocked by the gaia cash needed for the previous slots.

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Features - Marketplace

Lanzer
Eternally Gone
Items - MP

Would you guys ever consider giving users the ability to buy multiple items at once on the MP?

Yeah we have plans for shopping cart for both the regular shop and MP. Hopefully we'll get to these features in the near future.

...wouldn't a marketplace shopping cart be risky? Someone else could buy the item out from under you before you get around to hitting the Check Out button. Would putting a listing in your cart temporarily reserve it so others can't buy it? That sounds like it could be exploitable for trolling purposes.
Features - Security

Will we be able to generate backup codes for 2FA? This is an issue for anyone who might lose or break their device. It makes losing the account permanent unless there is another solution Gaia offers?

Posted this in the last ATS pre-event thread. Hope it gets answered. Not everyone uses Authy for 2FA. I understand this doesn't apply to all users.

Professional Alchemist

54,400 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Shops

With Christmas being 33 days away, will it be possible to re-release (or whatever its called) the Christmas items in The Faktori? At the moment there are only lights and candles but there was Winter (insert colour here) Windows, ornaments, trees, roaring fireplace & presents (now only purchasable from the MP). Thanks.

iLuvAnmie's Partner

Lonely Lunatic

27,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
EVENTS

Does Gaia and it's staff have any plans to raise awareness or take a stance on the current issue of net neutrality, where we, the internet, currently face being stripped of our freedom to openly use the internet without restriction due to lobbying from large digital service corporations? I feel like this needs to be addressed considering that if the FCC drops the laws enforcing net neutrality, Gaia would likely see a drastic drop in numbers.

Save the Internet

Misleading Architect

35,475 Points
  • Their Undying Love 500
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Ian's Valentine 100
Events Would some of the staff be willing to protest Pai's attempts to repeal Net Neutrality by picketing out front of their local Verizon stores on December 7th? What will Gaia as an organization/business do to raise awareness on the issue, and might they even make a charitable donation to one of the organizations involved in fighting back?

Kind Giver

Features + Items

Possible new color scheme?
Hey there I was wondering if you folks over at Gaia can make a new color scheme called TOMATO, which are these colors here:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff