Welcome to Gaia! ::

karambitch's Husband

Girl

i was told to post this here idek anymore
anyway whenever i try to edit my profile the edit panel thing is like connected to the spoiler button or something
and whenever i hit anything to edit the screen gets a gray tint to it and no box shows up
idk what to do yous guys

Saxy Coder

pls senpai
Do you have your spoiler button coded correctly, so that it has both the opening and closing tags?
[spoiler]text text text text[/spoiler]

karambitch's Husband

Girl

Lady Saxophone
pls senpai
Do you have your spoiler button coded correctly, so that it has both the opening and closing tags?

What do you mean?

Saxy Coder

pls senpai
Lady Saxophone
pls senpai

What do you mean?
You added a text decoration on your profile which has the spoiler button in it.
If you don't code that button right so that it has a closing /spoiler tag, then things will often get messed up like that when you try to edit your profile.

karambitch's Husband

Girl

Lady Saxophone
pls senpai
Lady Saxophone
pls senpai

What do you mean?
If you don't code that button right so that it has a closing /spoiler tag, then things will often get messed up like that when you try to edit your profile.

Oh, so just put the code for the spoiler in the CCS. Gotcha. Thanks!

karambitch's Husband

Girl

Lady Saxophone
pls senpai
Lady Saxophone
pls senpai

What do you mean?

It didn't work.

Saxy Coder

pls senpai
eue;; No, not into your CSS...
I meant for the text decoration you added -- that has the "i've been on this dumb site too long but i met some p cool people ..." etc.
Go to Edit My Profile > Click the "Edit" button on top of the text there and make sure that there is a closing spoiler code.

karambitch's Husband

Girl

Lady Saxophone
pls senpai
eue;; No, not into your CSS...
I meant for the text decoration you added -- that has the "i've been on this dumb site too long but i met some p cool people ..." etc.
Go to Edit My Profile > Click the "Edit" button on top of the text there and make sure that there is a closing spoiler code.

But whenever I hit edit the screen turns gray and won't let me click on anything. sweatdrop

Saxy Coder

pls senpai
But whenever I hit edit the screen turns gray and won't let me click on anything. sweatdrop
Try following the directions here then?

karambitch's Husband

Girl

Lady Saxophone
pls senpai

It didn't help at all.

Jolly Hoarder

13,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
pls senpai
Lady Saxophone
pls senpai

It didn't help at all.

Okkaaaay...
The 'spoiler' area. Is that coding in your About Me located in My Gaia -> Account settings?
If so make sure it looks like this....
[spoiler] Texttexttext [/spoiler]

If that spoiler area is in your coding... As in in your theme override box located in profile option under account settings... I would cut it out, save, edit what you need to, and then go back and put it in would be my advice.

Skilled Genius

Bah. I was refraining from posting here hoping it'd be a simple problem.

In the non-panel text that you created, you omitted, or have other broken BBCode interfering with, the closing spoiler tag. If you cannot add the closing spoiler tag to it, then you're going to have to deleted the spoiler entirely. The problem with that is that it'll more than likely remove the blue control panel.
What you can do, though to get around that is to create a bookmarklet to run Gaia's JavaScript save function.

Create a new bookmark with the URL/location to:
gap.serializeProfile()

After you remove the spoiler, click the bookmark and it should save the profile. 3nodding

karambitch's Husband

Girl

Knight Yoshi

In the non-panel text that you created, you omitted, or have other broken BBCode interfering with, the closing spoiler tag. If you cannot add the closing spoiler tag to it, then you're going to have to deleted the spoiler entirely. The problem with that is that it'll more than likely remove the blue control panel.
What you can do, though to get around that is to create a bookmarklet to run Gaia's JavaScript save function.

gap.serializeProfile()

After you remove the spoiler, click the bookmark and it should save the profile. 3nodding

I'm sorry I'm so confused, lol.

Skilled Genius

pls senpai
Knight Yoshi

gap.serializeProfile()

When you edit your profile, if you remove the spoiler via the X and it removes the blue panel with the save button proceed with the following actions:
  1. In your browser, create a bookmark. If you have to, use Google to figure out how for your browser.
  2. For the newly created bookmark, set the URL to javascript:gap.serializeProfile()
  3. On your profile, remove the spoiler and then click the new bookmark you created from the steps above.

karambitch's Husband

Girl

Knight Yoshi
pls senpai
Knight Yoshi

gap.serializeProfile()

When you edit your profile, if you remove the spoiler via the X and it removes the blue panel with the save button proceed with the following actions:
  1. In your browser, create a bookmark. If you have to, use Google to figure out how for your browser.
  2. For the newly created bookmark, set the URL to javascript:gap.serializeProfile()
  3. On your profile, remove the spoiler and then click the new bookmark you created from the steps above.

Oh my gosh, it fixed it, thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff