Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
im_your_panda_man
i got 2 Emails from gaia asking me to take a survey. this is coming from gaia Email... "After receiving thousands of insightful responses from our first survey, we are super excited to start working on a new project based on the feedback you provided!
To ensure we are building a product you will absolutely love, we have created a follow up survey and would love to have more of your input. If you can spare a few moments to answer a few more questions, it would be greatly appreciated!" so are they working on a new 18+ gaiaonline???

Thanks for the post!

Actually, those emails were from us!

We've heard over the years from many Gaians who are 18 or older requesting a place for people who are adults to hang out, chat, etc. As we are currently exploring this option further, we wanted to get some feedback from Gaians and non-Gaians alike - hence the survey! Hope you took a moment to answer the questions - we really want feedback!

Also, we'll likely be sending out more emails about this in the future to Gaia members who are 18 years of age or older. If you haven't gotten an email linking you to the survey yet, keep an eye out for one - we want to know what you think as well.

Finally, never forget that any survey link we send you won't ask you for your Gaia login info or anything like that. Any survey claiming to be from us that DOES ask for such info is a phishing attempt and should be reported to an Admin or mod immediately! biggrin

Sisky
idleRAT
im_your_panda_man
idleRAT
im_your_panda_man
i got 2 Emails from gaia asking me to take a survey. this is coming from gaia Email... "After receiving thousands of insightful responses from our first survey, we are super excited to start working on a new project based on the feedback you provided!
To ensure we are building a product you will absolutely love, we have created a follow up survey and would love to have more of your input. If you can spare a few moments to answer a few more questions, it would be greatly appreciated!" so are they working on a new 18+ gaiaonline???

I strongly suggest you contact a mod and explain the situation, it sounds like it may be a shady email from someone other than Gaia Online and a moderator can look into it for you. If it is a legitimate survey, they will be able to reassure you and if not, they can have it dealt with. You can find a list of mods at the top of every forum(the green "view moderators" link), pick an online site mod and send them a PM. ^^

If you entered any of your account information as part of the survey, you should probably change your password just in case. ^^

@Knight: There's no need to summon admins for things moderators can handle sweatdrop

im not worried about my 03 acc it hacked/banned 3 years ago.. so ya. if you look a the link of the photo of the Email you see why i think it was from gaia. i would like it if a mod or admin would take part with is forum post

This forum isn't a bat signal for staff, you need to contact a moderator yourself. You don't need an admin for this either, a moderator can let you know if it's legit or not and admins are very busy. Find a site mod and PM them.
ya i know that. im not asking them come i would like it but i dont need to know or not im just going to ask when im at con aka anime expo2013
siskataya
im_your_panda_man

Thanks for the post!

We've heard over the years from many Gaians who are 18 or older requesting a place for people who are adults to hang out, chat, etc. As we are currently exploring this option further, we wanted to get some feedback from Gaians and non-Gaians alike - hence the survey! Hope you took a moment to answer the questions - we really want feedback!

Also, we'll likely be sending out more emails about this in the future to Gaia members who are 18 years of age or older. If you haven't gotten an email linking you to the survey yet, keep an eye out for one - we want to know what you think as well.

Finally, never forget that any survey link we send you won't ask you for your Gaia login info or anything like that. Any survey claiming to be from us that DOES ask for such info is a phishing attempt and should be reported to an Admin or mod immediately! biggrin

Sisky

Thank you

Skilled Genius

idleRAT
@Knight: There's no need to summon admins for things moderators can handle sweatdrop

Moderators can't say if Gaia were to do as this guy is claiming. Paid staff would know.
Quote:
This forum isn't a bat signal for staff, you need to contact a moderator yourself. You don't need an admin for this either, a moderator can let you know if it's legit or not and admins are very busy. Find a site mod and PM them.
Moderators do not know everything. If Gaia were to do this it would be known by paid staff as this is a business decision which has no need to inform moderators about it. They also cannot say if Gaia sent out these emails, as the emails come from the company.
See siskataya post above and Morbid's post below. This has been officially resolved, no need to keep posting. smile

Sex Symbol

15,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Knight Yoshi
idleRAT

Moderators can't say if Gaia were to do as this guy is claiming. Paid staff would know.
Quote:

Moderators do not know everything. If Gaia were to do this it would be known by paid staff as this is a business decision which has no need to inform moderators about it.
See siskataya post above.
We're often kept in the loop.

Skilled Genius

Morbid Gnome
Knight Yoshi
idleRAT

Quote:

Moderators do not know everything. If Gaia were to do this it would be known by paid staff as this is a business decision which has no need to inform moderators about it.
Even about business decisions? Works for me. cool

Sex Symbol

15,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Knight Yoshi
Morbid Gnome
Knight Yoshi
idleRAT

Quote:

Even about business decisions? Works for me. cool
To the extent that we need to be, such as when surveys are sent out: we're told that it's been done in case there are any inquiries about the validity of them.

Self-sustaining Simp

Knight Yoshi
idleRAT

Quote:
Moderators do not know everything. If Gaia were to do this it would be known by paid staff as this is a business decision which has no need to inform moderators about it. They also cannot say if Gaia sent out these emails, as the emails come from the company.
See siskataya post above. This has been officially resolved, no need to keep posting. smile

As Morbid said, they're generally kept informed and even if they're not aware of/able to discuss a situation, they are able to tell you if an email/survey is official or not, contacting a moderator should be the first step in situations like this.

Thanks for the explanation Sisky, interesting news.

Mega Hoarder

siskataya
im_your_panda_man

Thanks for the post!

Sisky

I haven't gotten the survey. This would be separate from this site or what? I would not like that. Some of my friends are under 18. And how would that work, would you be moving all of our stuff to this new site, or we would have to start over?

Also, fewer bgers for my tank, lol

Or do you mean a place within this site limited only to those 18 +? Still don't like. We always have the choice of who to talk to or hang out with, I don't see any need to make an age rule of that sort.

One of the nice things here is that people judge you on your personality and behavior in forums and games, rather than on things like age or race or religion. Let's not lose that please!

also, out of curiousity, do you have any figures on ages? what percentage is 18 or older, etc? I know many many "older" gaians!

O.G. Gaian

siskataya
im_your_panda_man

Thanks for the post!

Sisky

i am now over 18 and so is my brother
we never get any e-mails or survey prompts
is it just for the better users or for all users? how do u determine who gets what on a survey?

a better thing might be if you could verify someone is over 18 or over 21 on here and give them more freedoms like being able to delete there own posts from any forum

Loved Master

35,975 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Love Machine 150
  • Potion Master 50
ahh wouldn't it be easier to make special password forums for 18+ users. we each get out own password. a whole new site means all my money on gaia wasted because there will be a new 18+ gaia. and tons of people would leave gaia. not to mention its not hard to lie about your age on the internet.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff