Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Abomination

21,350 Points
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
How do they work since it says that you gift them to gaians or have I misunderstood it? Is it a good investment if I buy it from mp/exchange?

Kindly Gaian

The gist of the giftcards is that, when you have Gaia Cash on your account, you cannot trade it as a currency.
You can only spend it.

Buying a GCash giftcard allows you to sell it for Gaia gold, or trade it for items with other users.
Since GCash has a fairly even exchange value, it's very popular as an Exchange currency.

Using a giftcard is only appealing if you plan to spend that Cash in the Cash Shop or Cloud9, really.

Invisible Abomination

21,350 Points
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Scit
The gist of the giftcards is that, when you have Gaia Cash on your account, you cannot trade it as a currency.
You can only spend it.

Buying a GCash giftcard allows you to sell it for Gaia gold, or trade it for items with other users.
Since GCash has a fairly even exchange value, it's very popular as an Exchange currency.

Using a giftcard is only appealing if you plan to spend that Cash in the Cash Shop or Cloud9, really.

Does this mean that the gift cards is only to allow the users to trade gcash indirectly at fixed amount? Also if you were to spend the gaia cash, does the amount get added to your account or is the amount on the gift card is reduced?

Kindly Gaian

Forever Floofman
Scit
You can only spend it.

Does this mean that the gift cards is only to allow the users to trade gcash indirectly at fixed amount? Also if you were to spend the gaia cash, does the amount get added to your account or is the amount on the gift card is reduced?
Basically, yes.

The Giftcard itself is an item that, when used, grants that amount of GCash. It's one-time-use only, and the giftcard disappears after use. You cannot re-charge it.
I.e. you have a 500GCash gift card. You use it. It adds 500 GCash to your account's currency. You can spend that GCash as you like, but you cannot re-trade it unless you buy a new giftcard.

You do not get to choose how much Cash it grants or split amounts, it only gives the full amount the giftcard says it's worth.

Invisible Abomination

21,350 Points
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Scit
Basically, yes.

The Giftcard itself is an item that, when used, grants that amount of GCash. It's one-time-use only, and the giftcard disappears after use. You cannot re-charge it.
I.e. you have a 500GCash gift card. You use it. It adds 500 GCash to your account's currency. You can spend that GCash as you like, but you cannot re-trade it unless you buy a new giftcard.

You do not get to choose how much Cash it grants or split amounts, it only gives the full amount the giftcard says it's worth.

I see. Thanks for your help.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces