Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bashful Feeder

20,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
This may have been asked already, but is there any news on the 'Gaia Weddings' the staff questioned about earlier? I seem to remember it having a positive feedback but haven't heard much word about it since.

Also, any progress that has been shared about the 18+ site?
I've become a little concerned with the amount of Cash sales Gaia's been pushing to help fund the sister site, but I can't seem to find ANY updates on it since its first mention.
Guess not. crying

Perfect Saint

Probably after the Halloween Event. Everyone's time is being funneled into it right now. (except the recoloring artists and the guy pushing the sales...)

Inquisitive Bookworm

17,175 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
Wait this is actually serious. I suppose I haven't been logging in that much lately but not sure how I missed the news. Anyone have a link for where gaia staff said they would run an 18+ site?

Invisible Phantom

BRAZEKOOL
Wait this is actually serious. I suppose I haven't been logging in that much lately but not sure how I missed the news. Anyone have a link for where gaia staff said they would run an 18+ site?

The only proof I've ever seen is an answer in ata. . . but sadly I don't have the link.

Inquisitive Bookworm

17,175 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
Beauty of Grace
BRAZEKOOL

The only proof I've ever seen is an answer in ata. . . but sadly I don't have the link.
As luck has it, I know a knowledgeable guy who catalogs everything that's ever said in ATA, I'll see if he knows anything.

Invisible Phantom

BRAZEKOOL
Beauty of Grace
BRAZEKOOL

As luck has it, I know a knowledgeable guy who catalogs everything that's ever said in ATA, I'll see if he knows anything.

The hopefully you can find it c:

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
One thing that can be noted is that the people working on the 18+ are a separate Team and this does not affect this site. They are working on that other site as we speak.

Moxxic's Princess

Moon Priestess

Snorlax says NO
This may have been asked already, but is there any news on the 'Gaia Weddings' the staff questioned about earlier? I seem to remember it having a positive feedback but haven't heard much word about it since.

I've become a little concerned with the amount of Cash sales Gaia's been pushing to help fund the sister site, but I can't seem to find ANY updates on it since its first mention.

I can speak to the Gaia Weddings. c:

As I mentioned in an ATA, we've decided that it's probably a worthwhile project!

However right now our focus is on Halloween, so it wouldn't be until sometime after that.

Kawaii Fairy

Gaia cant even properly run this site and they making a second one now?lol

Timid Bunny

Gaia weddings in the forums? Is this serious? I thought Gaia were to shutdown so why add such a feature now? >_>

Shy Lover

13,800 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Generous 100
Princess Angelishia
Snorlax says NO

As I mentioned in an ATA, we've decided that it's probably a worthwhile project!

However right now our focus is on Halloween, so it wouldn't be until sometime after that.

I can't wait! We need more positivity! What about the whole pet project?

Moxxic's Princess

Moon Priestess

Usaki Tsukino
Gaia weddings in the forums? Is this serious? I thought Gaia were to shutdown so why add such a feature now? >_>

We're not shutting down any time in the foreseeable future. c:

Moxxic's Princess

Moon Priestess

Muyuu
Princess Angelishia
Snorlax says NO

I can't wait! We need more positivity! What about the whole pet project?

I'm excited too. c:

And the pet project was put on hold for a little while. Also something not to expect updates on until after Halloween, but an exciting project nonetheless. 3nodding
Nyadriel
One thing that can be noted is that the people working on the 18+ are a separate Team and this does not affect this site. They are working on that other site as we speak.

While the fact that it's a separate team working on the 18+ site is probably true, I'm going to have to disagree with you on whether or not it affects this site. It most certainly does affect the site. How do you think Gaia Interactive's paying for the 18+ site? My bet is that the revenue from the sudden flood of pop-up ads and flash sales for Cash Items (the latter of which seems to be happening every other day of the week) is being used to help fund the construction of that site, instead of being used to improve Gaia Online.

Or the CEO/COO could have just ramped up the quota for GCash revenue because they're greedy and view users as nothing more than walking wallets.

The first option (which I don't like because 18+ sites (theoretically) similar to Gaia don't tend to survive long if they don't have a large userbase) makes some financial sense. Gaia's currently in good financial health (or at least is supposed to be), so by raising prices they're able to fund construction using the excess revenue generated by the inflated prices and still maintain the same level of profit they normally get from Gaia Online.

However, given how callous the company's new upper management have treated the userbase, along with their occupational history (the CEO's got a history of getting hired by a company, flipping it and then selling it to the highest bidder, and the COO's worked with him on several of those jobs), I wouldn't be too surprised if this is just out and out greed at work here, and the 18+ site is being funded some other way.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff