Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which release method would you prefer?

As a monthly collectible! (one-stop-shopping for all the legs; little/no variation for each legs pair) 0.28444444444444 28.4% [ 64 ]
As cash shop items! (each legs pair released individually with multiple variant poses; more expensive for whole set) 0.19111111111111 19.1% [ 43 ]
As pixel store items! (possibly limited selection; easily available to all) 0.29777777777778 29.8% [ 67 ]
As craftable items in the battle system! (possibly difficult to acquire; possibly endless variety; possible to add more as game world expands) 0.097777777777778 9.8% [ 22 ]
I'm just here for the gold. 0.12888888888889 12.9% [ 29 ]
Total Votes:[ 225 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 28 29 30 > >>

Codger

This is not a petition and I will not be making a petition for this. I do not have time to run, let alone maintain, a petition. Item suggestions do not need a petition in order to be implemented. Please stop suggesting it. If you would like a petition, there is one here, but it is no longer being updated and it is not run by me. There are further example edits there, as well.

June 26: Faun legs!? Yoinks! xd

May 23: We have raptor legs! And good looking tentacle legs! And a skin! Whoever was working on the drome egg and whoever's working on the experiment, I love you forever now! You are made of total win and awesome. mrgreen heart heart heart

PROPOSAL
I've noticed a general trend in the items we get: There's very little variation in the leg items we have. Except for the aquatica bottoms and the mecha legs from mecha form, we have nothing beyond skirts, pants, shorts, and underwear for our legs, and that gets pretty boring.

I propose, therefore, more legs!

Why? Because it would be different. It would be exciting. It would open a huge number of doors for creativity in dressing our avatars. Not to mention it would neatly complement a large number of the other items we already have, the superior form most particularly.

MONTHLY COLLECTIBLE vs CASH SHOP ITEMS
For those who have been following this thread, you'll be aware of the discussion concerning whether this should be a monthly collectible or if it should be multiple items in the cash shop. There are good points and bad points to each option.

MONTHLY COLLECTIBLE
Releasing more legs as a monthly collectible means being able to get all the legs for the low, low price of $2.50 US, or ~20k gold on release day. This is a very good option for keeping it simple and allowing a one-stop-gets-all, which would make the MC highly attractive to a lot of people.

The simplicity is also the problem, because releasing as a MC means foregoing having a variety of styles for each particular leg set. Want long white hair on your goat legs instead of short, black, and curly? Not there. Want different patterned scales on your lizard legs? Sorry. Want pinto instead of plain brown for your centaur bottom? Oh well. This would be the biggest gripe point if this becomes a MC, and you can be sure people would continue begging for more styles of each leg, just as they do with the superior form and oculus magica.

CASH SHOP ITEMS
Being released as multiple items in the cash shop has the opposite issues of releasing as a MC: It allows for more variety with each given leg set, but it means spending that much more money and/or gold to get all of them. The variety of styles with each leg set would go over incredibly well with a lot of people, but having to buy so many just to get a whole set wouldn't.

POSSIBLE SOLUTION?
I mentioned this as something that could have possibly prevented the backlash about the magical girl MC in February and how accessories that should have been in the MC and recolorings of specific pieces from the MC were released in the cash shop a few days later, and it could possibly be used to (mostly) alleviate the inherent problems of releasing solely as a MC or as multiple CS items. What's the suggestion, you ask?

We already know that we have pose selections for hand-held items, so why not use the same approach for single pose items? Except in this case, it would be different colors and/or different styles of the same base item. Like so:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This would avoid the headache of lots of people griping that an item was "rereleased" as a recolor because the color options would be included in the MC itself, and it would allow for multiple variations of single pose items (such as different patterns or hair on legs) without releasing a lot of different items that many people may not necessarily be able to afford all of.

SAMPLES
satyrs (And an edit by Ellavemia here.) - We have these! xd

hands for feet

a Vore (from Quake) or a drider

centaur

harpy

lizardmen - We have these! xd

naga (And for something more fully reptilian: yuan-ti from D&D and World of Warcraft naga.)

lamia (D&D style)

And for those who have problems with the links, the image urls:

satyr: http://www.newanimal.org/tumnus_faun_satyr.jpg
hands for feet: http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2005_Aeon_Flux/2005_aeon_flux_034.jpg
vore: http://gregtaff.com/blog/media/voreprog.jpg
drider: http://nwn.bioware.com/underdark/images/creature_drider2.jpg
centaur: http://www.play.net/images/aoh/info/race_centaur.gif
harpy: http://www.strategyplanet.com/homm/hommonline/images/h3ol-harpy.jpg
lizardman: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/mm_gallery/LizardMan.jpg
naga: http://www.archangelcastle.com/h4/preview/creatures/naga.jpg
yuan-ti: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/oe_yuanti_med.jpg
WoW naga: http://www.wow-europe.com/shared/wow-com/images/info/encyclopedia/articles/naga.jpg
D&D lamia: http://www.rpgshop.com/images/uploaded/3056_G.jpg

SUGGESTIONS FROM OTHERS
Krystal Tsukino
What about Chakat bottoms? It's like a centaur only feline. And we could have other Taur types as well. =3

Cattaur But it would just be the bottom half, since we already have the feline skin.

FoxTaur Same thing at the cattaur, just the bottom.

Why, we could have a Taur MC >.>

A perfect example of a Wolftaur with a human upperbody =3

Sir-BentlyWentworth
a peg leg would be cool

Ace of Shadows
I don't suppose anyone's suggested chicken legs before now? Because I know someone out there would love some chicken legs. domokun

Dina`
Or we should have wooden legs or wooden arms.
Or the users should select if they want one wooden leg or both wooden legs. ^^
For others to role as a pirate or as an "Wooden Cripple?" xd

xzxInuxzx
What about different poses? Like a flying kick pose. Or a medititaion pose? My vote would go for spikes that come out of your knees.

Gazerock4ever
That would be kewl, wat about some robot legs?

KinkaGirl
How about a broken leg pose, where the leg bends the wrong way... like a stork?

Bebe Kiki
    Also, we should be able to equip the mentioned legs on either only one leg or both.

o0Meepit_overlord0o
oh and...
what about wheels for legs?
I dunno XD

Feldspar
I did a centaur edit a looooong time ago, back when I was running the mertail petition...hold on, lemme dig it out of my photobucket account...ah!

User Image

Did a faun edit too, but that one sucked. XP

What I would also kill for: realistic looking raptor feet!

User Image

And because Sephroe Zion is so very awesome, some unrelated leg edits:
Sephroe Zion
More things designed around the legs would be nice in general.

I'd like more capes that hang from the waist, leggings that hang off of each leg, wraps for the legs, a wider variety of footware and some more exotic/miscellaneous stuff for the feet and legs.

These are some REALLY old edits I made years back for other examples, but really it's not hard to get creative in this department.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Hmm...That would be awfully INTERESTING...I wouldn't mind seeing this, even if I probably wouldn't use any of them.
    whee I would effin' love a naga lower body. We definitely need some more variety for our lower body. ninja Items like those would really compliment the Zodiac item set.
I agree, we do need more, we don't have quite enough.
Well, we've definitely started heading down that road, with the mertails and shark tails. Who knows what else is in store for the future! ninja

Supreme Sex Symbol

12,300 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
I like all of these suggestions a ton, but in terms of more mainstream, easily-done items, I think there's also quite a demand for more anklets, legwarmers (especially for guys), and just generally more foot items. 3nodding
Juno
Well, we've definitely started heading down that road, with the mertails and shark tails. Who knows what else is in store for the future! ninja

crying heart I'll love you and your staff forever, Juno. More than I already do.

Codger

Juno

blaugh Is that a hint of things to come? *hopes*

3,850 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
I would love more leg stuff. I really get sad when I make an avatar and the top half is Bling Bling but the bottoms is pretty empty. Lookst unbalanced.
I would especially love to see the Satyr, Centaur, Naga, and Harpy bottoms. 3nodding

I'd also like to see more items like the Winter Rose and Cloud, where there's a pose for your feet, something to stand on. Even backgrounds would be nice -- water, grass, outer space, forest, darkness, etc.

Wintry Dragon

I think some of them are very possible. Centaur legs, for instance, look like the cat legs from the Mecha form. I want Dragon legs.
hm, it would make the anthro and furries very happy i believe.

i saw a thread a while ago, probably a couple of months, suggesting 'ghost tails' or 'genie tails' i thought that idea was pretty neat.

with any luck something like this will be added, especially since the mech mc has all those 'non human leg' style poses.

its possible they are waiting to roll out the new avatar system so they can have more customisation as far as poses etc go, im not sure though, thats purely speculation.
[DarkDreams]

i saw a thread a while ago, probably a couple of months, suggesting 'ghost tails' or 'genie tails' i thought that idea was pretty neat.

with any luck something like this will be added, especially since the mech mc has all those 'non human leg' style poses.

its possible they are waiting to roll out the new avatar system so they can have more customisation as far as poses etc go, im not sure though, thats purely speculation.

gonk Bah. Who cares about the furries? I was really just wanting it for the fantasy elements. Not the fur.
Lore-kun
[DarkDreams]

gonk Bah. Who cares about the furries? I was really just wanting it for the fantasy elements. Not the fur.

well you cant really discount them... especially given the suggestions.

besides it was only a comment.
Lol Otherkin.

I like these ideas. The more diverse the avatars can be, the better for all I think.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff