Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Mage

9,600 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
YES! Another page about Flynn's bullshit! But you know what? The more these are posted, they more people are forced to see them, the more of a problem they register it is. Maybe they'll do something... they probably won't, but hell! It's better then sitting by and watching.

Just look at the price things were a couple months ago! I had just rejoined gaia after a 2 year break and I was able to acquire pieces of a newly built dream avi in a couple of weeks! That was lucky, because week 2 was when your Flynn booty started up.

I look at some of the items for sale in the MP and the price on some of them has increased by up to 20-40% This is your idea of no damage to gaia's economy? This inflation won't simply die down after a few days. This will take months, if not possibly years to die down! Especially if you keep releasing this item as often as you do!

This is where they said they had people research the effect of this item on the gaian economy. I had people ask me to cite it before so they could also reference it so here you go.

I'm sick of it! Once? Sure whatever, I was a little annoyed yes, but it was like "Yeah, prices will probably spike for a few months and gradually go down again one day" but I mean... it wasn't too long ago that you were giving 25 of the damn things for $5! And though how you're only releasing one again, they're so easy to get access to by taking part in your money tree cash offers, the daily treats, all those things!

Gaia, are you not listening to your users? (Of course you aren't). Do you pay no attention to all the anger? (Of course you don't) Haven't you seen the inflation on the MP (of course you haven't).

I know this will do little, you want to make money. And that's fine. This world is driven monetarily, but what was once a fun and reachable thing for me to do is becoming impossible for us free users. Please just try to listen to the cries from your community.

I ask those who agree with this not to buy Flynn's BS. I won't be calling for people to quit gaia or anything, many of us have stories and friends here we don't wish to part ways with, but don't feed that beast, save your many for monthly collectibles and EIs. Don't spend it on such an obvious money grab as this, don't encourage them to make this an impossible place for newbies and casual folks. Right... this has gotten to be quite a wall of text that I didn't mean for it to be XD Regardless, I'm ticked, who else is ticked?

Also be sure to check out these pages:
OCCUPY GAIA
Stop the Inflation!

josabean's Husbando

Greedy Husband

20,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
      It's only been a few hours and already HoTD has shot up to 22 million (from 18 million) and Devils Spice has shot up to 20 million (from 16 million). That is a 4 million price shift in the last few hours alone. It's gonna be one hell of a weekend.
Quote:
How long will the Flynn's Booty treasure chest item be available for purchase in the Cash Shop?
This item will be available from August 22, 2013 until end of day August 26, 2013. After that time, Flynn's ship will fly away along with the item!

I wish that was the truth.

Destructive Bunny

Aww thanks for posting. You are right. I've lost the motivation to make such posts long ago though.

Magical Mage

9,600 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
Starshine
Aww thanks for posting. You are right. I've lost the motivation to make such posts long ago though.

I just felt a need to post because it's been stewing for a bit... and it's been a hell of a week.

If the fire is alight, might as well burn something :L

Thank you everyone! Keep the comments rolling in! Keep this high in the list if we can! Like an annoying fly in their face!

WE WILL BE HEEEEEARD

Destructive Bunny

kujosbloodstrewnmoon
Starshine

I just felt a need to post because it's been stewing for a bit... and it's been a hell of a week.

If the fire is alight, might as well burn something :L

Thank you everyone! Keep the comments rolling in! Keep this high in the list if we can! Like an annoying fly in their face!

WE WILL BE HEEEEEARD

We are already heard I'm sure, but unfortunately taking appropriate action is another thing altogether.

Versatile Genius

ive given up..
I cant buy anything at all no exaggeration here, I have no money to spend on gc and everything is now waaay over my limit.
What is the percentage of the population facing problems like me supposed to do?
Enough with all this gc bullshit. Especially Flynn's Booty/chest.
Before I could at least buy a couple of wanted items...

Also, i love how when they finally make a sink (recolored 03 items) they decide to once again put Flynn's booty/chest in gc shops.
Its like they never check this forum ever..

josabean's Husbando

Greedy Husband

20,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
      Actually, on the other side of the coin (being somewhat of an optimist here) Uncle Kenny has said that they are working on another gold sink in regards to something that has never been done before. It could be promising - I have my doubts but we'll see. As for now? Yeah, I can't even begin to contemplate what people who don't/can't purchase GC must be feeling/thinking. The inflation is outrageous.
Toxe-sama
      Actually, on the other side of the coin (being somewhat of an optimist here) Uncle Kenny has said that they are working on another gold sink in regards to something that has never been done before. It could be promising - I have my doubts but we'll see. As for now? Yeah, I can't even begin to contemplate what people who don't/can't purchase GC must be feeling/thinking. The inflation is outrageous.
the staff also said that Flynn's booty wouldn't hurt the economy

lies
lies
lies
lies
lies

Dedicated Risk-Taker

8,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
Toxe-sama

They can release gold sink after gold sink, at the end of the day - if they continue to re-release flynns [insert chest/booty/v****a here] - it won't make a difference.
Gaia seems too money-hungry now a days for me to think that they wont re-release these.

Magical Mage

9,600 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
hyunko
ive given up..
I cant buy anything at all no exaggeration here, I have no money to spend on gc and everything is now waaay over my limit.
What is the percentage of the population facing problems like me supposed to do?
Enough with all this gc bullshit. Especially Flynn's Booty/chest.
Before I could at least buy a couple of wanted items...

Also, i love how when they finally make a sink (recolored 03 items) they decide to once again put Flynn's booty/chest in gc shops.
Its like they never check this forum ever..

I wish I could just not care, I do. But I mean, they leave PMs in my inbox, they have all these announcements. If they're gonna force it down my throat, I'm gonna speak out! Not just for free users like me, but people who are just starting out, people who would potentially have been those users who would buy a $20 card from time to time here for something but wont now because it's too intimidating. It's just ridonculous.

Toxe-sama

That's nice the hear, however as stated in the other quote, they released these '03 recolors and now... we have another Flynn's booty. They'll probably just keep doing it. It's a lazy way to ensure they'll have money with minimal effort! I hope the gold sink fixes it a bit though. Hopefully they don't try to claim it's also their way of giving something to the free users :/

Magical Mage

9,600 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
I will be back lovelies! Keep talking! Negative or positive feedback, I don't care! Just talk about it. I gotta go get my leg looked at now.

Magical Mage

9,600 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
And I'm back! Come on! No discussion? Let's light this forum afire!!

Fashionable Genius

25,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Why do they keep re-releasing this thing?

Loyal Exhibitionist

Snape In A Dress
Why do they keep re-releasing this thing?

Because people keep buying it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces