Welcome to Gaia! ::

So if you noticed my other thread i was complaining earlier about how they were dealing with my ticket.

Well they finally gave me a reply.

Quote:
Thanks for writing. As I said, it isn't possible without some kind of artificial aid to be able to refresh to the extent we see in our records. *IF* you admit to using such an artificial aid, then we will consider returning the account to you. If you continue to maintain that you did not use such aid, your account will remain banned.

Proof

ARE YOU SERIOUS GAIA?

I have honestly done nothing wrong, i have a crap ton of supporters. Vendors have come into all of my threads saying they have refreshed just as much as me, another users who refresh's more than me was recently unbanned, and we gave you mathematical proof that it is easy to do.

This is honestly how you treat your users?

Ignore all the evidence they give to their innocence and then try to trick them into admitting something they didn't do in hopes that they might get their account restored?

I will never admit to something i never did.
And i can't believe you would stoop so low as to try to make me.

This clearly shows you do not have proof i am guilty or else you wouldn't even think about unbanning me

Spoopy Specter

... emotion_facepalm

Sahdomi's Princess

Fistpumping Pumpkin

31,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hairspray Heaven 500
  • Conventioneer 300
Wow, this is absurd. I know I've done stupid things in the past but I know 100% that Jeff wasn't using an "artificial aid" to do this. I can't even believe you're demanding him to admit wrong-doing for you to even consider restoring his account to him? That doesn't even make sense.

People who are quicker don't get banned but Jeff does?
After all the support he's given you throughout the years.. wow.

I'm flabbergasted.

FYI, Jackie should lose her job. Thanks.

LadyShi's Husband

Handsome Noob

That ticket reply there, I honestly don't get it. It's like, "We can't prove you are guilty, just admit it and we might unban you". sweatdrop

I hope someone more open-minded will review your case and realize how silly this was handled.

Thirteenth Bilge rat

29,025 Points
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

User Image
What the ********? They should unban you now based on that bullshittery. :/
This is beyond insane.

This is what the Catholics used to do to witches.

ADMIT YOUR A WITCH AND WE WILL SPARE YOU.

-burned them anyway-

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
This might be a long shot, but would they take video evidence of you showing that you can refresh at the speed that you said that you can refresh at, with a clear view of the screen and the keyboard to show that nothing but your hand is on the keyboard?

Spoopy Specter

And the problem is...well, they are setting you up to fail.
If you admit to botting/scripting, why would they let another back into gaia? And when they try to make you come up with the program you use in return for your account, what happens when you can't come up with anything?
And then there is the fact that you remain honest and they keep you banned. What they said was out of line.
Light Soprano
This might be a long shot, but would they take video evidence of you showing that you can refresh at the speed that you said that you can refresh at, with a clear view of the screen and the keyboard to show that nothing but your hand is on the keyboard?

I have a vending friend that lives near their HQ who i even told them volunteered to go into their work and show them exactly how easy it is to do.

Anyone can do it at home.

Just hit F5 over and over again, see how many times you hit it per second.

Then times that number by 60 (seconds) x 60 (minutes) and bam you get how many you can do if you are constant for an hour. (Which is how most vendors are).

Heck even 1 a second still equals out to 3,600 times an hour.

They told me the total i did was 11,991 times in one day.

You could reach that in a matter of 3 1/2 hours if you did it once a second.

Tipsy Fatcat

10,850 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
RUDE
Gaia seems to not understand how vending works.
You have to refresh an assload of times or else you miss s**t
Vending isn't a new thing why don't they have this figured out

Heart Tamer

That is incredibly crooked. While I obviously don't personally know if you're guilty of anything, the way they're handling this is absolutely wrong. If they have undeniable proof that you were indeed using some sort of aid, why would they even contemplate 'unbanning' your account? You either did or you didn't. If they don't have enough proof to conclusively ban you, there's nothing you should be forced to 'admit' having done. You should simply be left alone and given your account back.

Is this how they handle all cases involving refresh rates and vending?

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
That is ... wow ... just wow.
wow, this...Gaia...you...
ugh. Sickening.
Just so many levels of bullshit, i can't even begin-

Sahdomi's Princess

Fistpumping Pumpkin

31,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hairspray Heaven 500
  • Conventioneer 300
Uncle Kenny

I really think you should take an interest in this case, as you have done in the past.
Help prove Rainy's innocent.

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Scarface`
Light Soprano

I have a vending friend that lives near their HQ who i even told them volunteered to go into their work and show them exactly how easy it is to do.

Anyone can do it at home.

Just hit F5 over and over again, see how many times you hit it per second.

Then times that number by 60 (seconds) x 60 (minutes) and bam you get how many you can do if you are constant for an hour. (Which is how most vendors are).

Heck even 1 a second still equals out to 3,600 times an hour.

They told me the total i did was 11,991 times in one day.

You could reach that in a matter of 3 1/2 hours if you did it once a second.

Problem is, people who are on a Mac like I am don't use F5 to refresh. Our F5 is Cmd+R by default. sweatdrop So refreshing for us is a tad slower.

Plus, it also depends on internet speed. I have a stopwatch running on my phone, and it takes a full 5 seconds for a page to even load (not fully load--just load enough to see the contents). sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff