Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Phantom

La Biancaneve
You know, I never used to like the edgy tards who toss the term, "Orwellian" around for situations that they didn't seem to apply to.

However, it seems like every time I log onto here or Skype, someone has a story about Gaia being absolutely retarded with their censorship and what you can and cannot say. s**t may be hurr against ToS hurr, but plenty of users have frequented this site for years without a deletion or warning for such things and have only faced such action recently in the midst of staff scrambling their chicken-with-a-head-chopped-off selves in order to do some damage control.

For a company that doesn't seem to give two shits about them or their customers. It's ******** laughable, really.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It really is emotion_awesome

I'm fading far far away from everything I've ever known, but I'll always look back and think of you. My face is washing away and all my memories are gone, but I'll always know that I'll be with you.

Ruthless Wench

frozen_water
Xya
Just a few quick questions:

1) Is it against the ToS to name drop? If so, can I find that rule listed on the ToS page linked at the bottom of my screen?

2) What counts as name dropping?

1) We never encourage the user of anyone's real name on the site for privacy reasons. This is most of the issue that we are seeing; there is a lot of abusive language being sent in the direction of the CEO and COO, and they are Gaia users, and covered by the Terms of Service.

2) Name-dropping is... well, name dropping xd But serious tiemz; it's when a name is dropped an paired with abuse that changes it from name-dropping into negative name dropping, which is a Terms of Service violation. It's the abusive nature that causes it to be a violation.

Does this help? heart

Ruthless Wench

La Biancaneve
You know, I never used to like the edgy tards who toss the term, "Orwellian" around for situations that they didn't seem to apply to.

However, it seems like every time I log onto here or Skype, someone has a story about Gaia being absolutely retarded with their censorship and what you can and cannot say. s**t may be hurr against ToS hurr, but plenty of users have frequented this site for years without a deletion or warning for such things and have only faced such action recently in the midst of staff scrambling their chicken-with-a-head-chopped-off selves in order to do some damage control.

For a company that doesn't seem to give two shits about them or their customers. It's ******** laughable, really.

It's not censorship. There is a vast difference between abuse and opinions. One is a Terms of Service violation, the other is benign information from an individual. Even when the two mix the violation wins over since abusive behavior isn't allowed on the site.

I apologize if you feel this way, but no matter how much distaste something leaves behind, it never allows for name-calling or abusive language to be directed at anyone. I understand that you are frustrated over what Gaia has been doing, but I can't stress enough that there are better and more fulfilling ways of directing negative feedback without falling to the name-calling and insults toward any individual on the site.

Ruthless Wench

La Biancaneve
My reply to a mod was just deleted. rofl

That spoiled brat syndrome is really showing. I guess it's the only way you can handle s**t on here as a staff member, since you can't fight back. Just delete and ban when you don't like what someone has to say, right?

You have a full invitation to reply to the PM I sent you if you choose to. If you would rather not reply to me, then I encourage you to go to usertalk@gaiaonline.com if there is any discomfort in the situation. We prefer threads to remain on-topic in the forum so they do not run the risk of being removed and the feedback's purpose being diminished.

Given that and this thread has been addressed, I went ahead and locked it heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces