----------
WANT>User Image<WANT
User Image

all the better.
there was no need for me to take my bad day out on you

Gambino Gaian

Throttle Kitty
The_Witch_Aryllia
It seems that the problem is that the dolls take insanely long time to do, which is why these things won't get mass-released anytime soon.

I don't see how o_o they look really simple to me, I mean, they release 5~10 a month easily just for random RIG stuff... and it just comes with one extra pose! the golden ticket comes with 6 poses! that's got to be at least twice the work! They make more money off the golden ticket though I suppose...
----------
WANT>User Image<WANT

Oh, I was talking about the dolls in general, I'm not keeping track of the differences between one kind of ticket and the other o_o

Basically, I've understood it this way (though I could be completely wrong) : because the dolls are so small and so detailed they take a lot of time to do for the artists (depending of course on how detailed the original avatar is) so chances are that making the dolls won't be economical if the dolls end up taking more time for the artists to make than the ticket price can cover for.

That said, I have no idea how long it actually takes to make the dolls, how much the tickets costs, or how well gaia's artists are paid.

HalIows's Wife

Girl-Crazy Wife

Kinny Fear
Throttle Kitty

I.. didn't see it I guess. cat_sweatdrop
----------
WANT>User Image<WANT
User Image

all the better.
there was no need for me to take my bad day out on you

haha, I know how that is. ^-^;
----------
WANT>User Image<WANT

HalIows's Wife

Girl-Crazy Wife

yay, random swarm of meaningless downvotes, I love the brats in the exchange. cat_xd
----------
WANT>User Image<WANT
I agree with this. I don't think they should be super easy to get, because obviously it's a special item and takes a long time for the artists to draw. But I think it should be available for really loyal users who spend a lot of time on the site: And of course people who want to make a huge donation. I can see keeping it on-par with a halo in price range. That way, it would pay for the cost of labor for having the artists draw the poses. There really is a lot of potential for profit.

Would be a great idea to release it at a time when work is slow, there isn't much stuff to draw, etc. biggrin Or during the summer when there aren't many holidays to make custom items for.

Girl-Crazy Vampire

Throttle Kitty
I have been questing a doll of my avatar for going on 6 months now. The Platinum Ticket called to me the second it came out, but I couldn't hope to afford it. Now, I can, but every single one of them released has been used up. This is the only item on the entire site I want, and it's not a matter of not being able to afford, short of the gold and silver medals which are totally tacky, i can afford anything on this site, but there simply are NONE in circulation. cat_sweatdrop Thanks to the insanely low drop rate, and insane inflation of the Projected Dolled Ups, no more are being won...

Please gaia, you have already re-released the emerald ticket, which is the most recent of the three, and the only one of the three I don't like at all (because it's so incredibly temporary... )

it's not like anyone would be hurt by this... anyone who owns the platinum ticket is simply going to use it, and anyone who is holding on to one still is likely just trying to extort desperate buyers into drastically overpaying for it... not something that needs to be supported. ^-^;;;

It will only benefit you Gaia, cause I know you'll make money off it... Dx and it will help users who have been on here almost a decade to even have the chance to buy the only item on the site they've ever wanted....

anyways... thanks for your time. ^-^;;
yum_donut

gosh i want both.... lolz i want one so bad ://

Dapper Cultist

11,950 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
I'm still waiting on a re-release of the Golden Ticket so I can have a shot at getting one. However slim that shot is. Of course I can understand if they need time to fill out their current orders.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff