Welcome to Gaia! ::

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

I mean this link that takes you back to the thread/profile/post you reported.

User Image

I'd rather go back to the forum itself than back to whatever salty ******** I reported on.

It makes no sense to redirect me back to the nasty stuff that I don't want to see, which is why I reported in the first place.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
Yes please, I don't even click to "back what I was doing", I literally go to the forum page, back to the forum I was in. An extra two clicks for peace of mind!

Posessed Punk

100% yes. I don't really understand why it does that. Definitely no sense for the "go back to what I was doing" to link you right back to what is being reported

Dapper Puppy

Also in full agreement. Once had to report a user for having a signature designed to target those with epilepsy. Wasn't fun to finish the report and got back to seeing the primary issue.

Adventuring Gaian

Agreed. I asked for this in a pre-ATS thread and the Admin account answered that they would add it to their "to-do" this. A couple weeks later, I inquired an update regarding this, and well, the answer was along the lines of "it's back back burner and we'll get to it when we get to it."

But. I want to say this is an easy fix...? To add code to the report confirmation page that has a link to perhaps the Gaia Forums as a whole, rather than the specific Forum the report was made in.

Sahdomi's Princess

Fistpumping Pumpkin

31,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hairspray Heaven 500
  • Conventioneer 300
It should just automatically redirect you to the forum you came from. If they can't code it to go to that specific subforum, at least the main forum or just the main page. Anything is better than a literal back button.
this has been asked for alot but for some reason it has never been implemented. as someone else pointed out its been asked about in ask the staff but the usual is we will get to it someday which probably means they wont get to it
should a change be made? yes
will it happen? probably not
maybe bring it back up at ask the staff and see what they say but dont be surprised if the answer is we will look into this and it not go any further sad

Clean Cat

13,250 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Winged 100
  • Megathread 100
I don’t want to poop on your parade but I doubt they have to capability to update this site. I’ve reported simple item glitches that they are unable to fix.

Revered Guardian

26,650 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Absolutely agree. Anything would be better than going back to what was reported.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

Not a Firefly's Senpai

Benevolent Bloodsucker

20,025 Points
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Street 100
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Fearsome 100
Maybe they can have two buttons "view the content you reported" and "return to the subforum". As sometimes there are multiple offending posts by different users in a thread to report

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff