Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Clarifying update:
By "sprites" we mean all the gold pieces that are on the screen at once. A major cause of lag is the number of gold pieces that are on the screen at once.

This also affected the amount of gold that the player will win in a given game -- where previously the player would pick up 2k, the player would get about 500.

There is currently a player bonus in effect so that these changes aren't as drastic. Note that the player bonus is applied AFTER the player / owner split. For example:

Assuming a player bonus of 250% at, say:

Player plays a tank, catches 500g.
Owner will get 500g (1:1 ratio)

Player will get granted 500 + 250% * 500 = 1750 gold.
Owner will get granted 500 gold

Note that this game would report as a 1750/1750 game but that's a glitch.

Note that we will be using the player bonus in the future, both in daily bonuses (i.e., for today only, play any tank with four or more monsters and get +nn%) or to encourage certain actions (+nn% bonus for playing a tank after posting in the GA forum).

Original:
There is an announcement coming, but until then, there are some changes to BG gameplay that you'll start seeing immediately:
- the number of gold sprites on screen has been decreased by a factor of 4. This means gold earnings will also drop.
- to compensate, the player : owner ratio has changed from 4:1 to 1:1
- this means that owners should be making about as much as before, but the tanks will be substantially less laggy
- the notion of a player bonus has been added; this is a multiplier that is added to the player's earnings only. For example, a 2000/500 game before would pay the same as a 500/500 game with a player bonus of 300%. (Note that this will report as a 2000/2000 game, but the bonus is only applied to the player's earnings).
- We'll be tweaking the player bonus to try and get player earnings to about what they were before. You'll be able to see the player bonus under the tank when you play.
- We will be gradually decreasing the player bonus over the next several weeks as more users open up tanks. Our intention is to get it as close to 1:1 as possible.
- Why? Because a 1:1 ratio allows us to a) offer dolphin-level fish again, b) offer fish for gold, c) offer much cheaper fish, and in the long run d) makes it much easier to balance the game.

Friendly Giver

9,075 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Generous 100

Undead Hellhound

16,725 Points
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Rebel Spark 50
hmm, not sure what to think yet.

Blessed Cat

22,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Thread Flip 150
^^Cool. Dolphin might return.

Magical Cat

23,200 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I notice that grunny doesn't have a life expectancy in ping phin phang

Original Gaian

The fact that there might be fish for Gaia Gold and not Gaia Cash makes me actually consider dusting off my fish virgin of a tank.
Dolphins!!! 8D

9,250 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
...I actually really, really like this idea.

Questionable Giver

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
I am a one happy panda bear. smile

Nerd

A little sad that we'll be earning less. But it sounds better in the long run. I'm sure many users will appreciate the return of dolphins. <33

And fish for gold sounds excellent. The gold prices are excellent. Although I don't actively use my tank, THANK YOU!
Dolphins will be back??? Yay!!!! I wonder if they'll spew as much gold as before.

Aged Nerd

I have a problem with the new Witch Doctors. Their gold payout is currently capped at 1. After they each give 1 gold, they stop glowing and the game ends. This happened to me twice today with tanks that had only Witch Doctors glowing in them. A tank with 10 glowing paid only 10 gold. Surely that's an error?
sweatdrop

7,550 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I been having fun with booty grab this morning to see the glitches first hand.

> One thing I noticed was if I collected say 300 gold at the end it popped up saying I got 1k in gold.
I don't mind that. whee

> Less gold makes the game feel slower. And less appealing. Slower part bugs me. The game itself isn't slow just it feels like a long day at school if you know what I mean.

> I like the new changes so far.

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
i like.
Becky, i believe that IS a glitch.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items