Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vicious Lunatic

10,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Olympian 200
CLOSED. It's been a fantastic 3 years though. Thanks for the memories, guys~

This roleplay was formerly an affiliation of...

User Image

.:: -Where Eternal Plays- ::.

10th August 2009 - 17th November 2012

Vicious Lunatic

10,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Olympian 200
User ImageUser Image

X-Men: Project Graysword

The world is in a state of unrest. Recent observations have shown an alarming increase in the percentage of mutants in the human population. Because of the prejudice against mutants, many mutants form groups among themselves, the two largest and most powerful ones in the world being Professor Charles Xavier's "X-Men" and Magneto's "Brotherhood of Mutants". Out of panic and paranoia, the American government has secretly established Task Force 613, an elite military force whose task is to carry out unethical research and prepare for the possibility of a hostile mutant takeover of governments.

However, there are rumours of yet another mutant group that is growing in power... A group of skilled mutant mercenaries that call themselves the Grayswords, carrying out all kinds of tasks for money... Reconnaissance, espionage, assassinations, large-scale heists... While they remain small in numbers and remain relatively unknown to the world, the extent of their operations reaches to even the furthest corners of the globes. As of now, they remain neutral, being loyal only to paying clients...

These four great forces are all slowly growing in power... and as the friction between these forces continue to grow... it is only a matter of time before the situation escalates...

Profiles & OOC Thread

Marvel Wikia

Vicious Lunatic

10,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Olympian 200
User ImageUser Image
                              Roleplay Information

This roleplay is not based on any specific existing X-Men universe, so this is technically an Alternate Universe (AU) roleplay.

This means that almost all canons will be available to roleplayers (Except those really overpowered mutants like En Sabah Nur/Apocalypse. Some canons may require the approval of secrecy25).

But as a reference point, the spatial settings in this roleplay is based off of Earth-11052 (X-Men: Evolution), meaning that the X-Men live in their X-Mansion and the Brotherhood lives in a slightly run-down boarding house that has a secret underground base (where Magneto resides).

The Graysword Mercenaries live in a high-tech, secret underground base built beneath the bar known as 'Bob's Place', run by Bob Bartonelli. Bob is the one who takes missions from clients and relays them to the Grayswords.

Task Force 613 has outposts all over the East coast, and their members may move from outpost to outpost at any time.

Vicious Lunatic

10,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Olympian 200
User Image

Roleplay Rules

1. secrecy25 is the creator of this roleplay. Whatever I say, goes (but is open to debate).
2. Read all of the rules or you will be banned before you even consider joining.
3. Read rule 2 again.
4. This is a Semi-Literate/Literate roleplay. But please, nothing below five lines per post. Show us that you can make long posts at least once in a while.
5. Posting once a week is the absolute minimum. I reserve the right to completely remove your participation from this roleplay if you're too inactive (even in the OOC thread). I also reserve the right to remove your character from the roleplay without warning if you really don't post, like... at all.
6. If you wish to leave this thread at any given moment, just let me know via PM or OOC. If you leave without notice, you will be forcibly reinvited to this thread so that I can kick you out in the most humiliating way imaginable.
7. Font sizes between 9 and 12 for the main body of your posts are the best. Try not to use anything in the decorative sections larger than 18.
8. Occasional spelling/grammatical errors are forgivable but if you're really bad, I offer free English tutoring lessons at the expense of your embarrassment.
9. Posts should generally be in a third-person perspective.
10. Avoid double-posting as the same character, but I will permit it under certain conditions.
11. You are expected to have a constant posting format of some sort. Decorate your posts a little, don't leave them plain. At least have the name of your character at the top and your character's image aligned to the side if you're too lazy.
12. Oversized pictures are illegal though. Left-aligned and right-aligned images are the best. Don't stretch your posts. I don't want to wear my finger out on my mouse scroll wheel.
13. Vulgarity is allowed in character but I don't want swearing-gatling-cannons for characters. Feel free to ask me what that means.
14. Be nice to others. A calm debate out of character must not explode into a heated argument.
15. 'Out Of Character' (OOC) posts shall be made in special brackets such as ((these)), [these], {these}, <these> or >these<. Ideally, all OOC should come at the top of a post but it's alright to have it at the bottom as well, as long as it's not in the middle.
16. OOC-only posts must go into the OOC thread. Because that's what it's for. I don't want this thread being filled up with OOC posts. This rule will be strictly reinforced.
17. Using txt tlk or L33t Sp3aK (or both) in character is a serious offence. You can use them in OOC but if you do it all the time, I'm placing you in the Black List with the label, 'annoying'.
18. Follow Gaia's rules.
19. Read rule 18 again.
20. Cybering is absolutely not allowed in this thread.
21. Violence is inevitable, but no one dies in this roleplay unless the user personally requests that his/her character be killed, as part of the plot.
22. God-modding/auto-hitting/auto-dodging is the ultimate taboo in this roleplay. Violators will be sucked through a doorway where they will see a huge eye and lose one of their limbs.
23. Romance is allowed but don't go overboard in public please. Timeskips are a viable option.
24. Use the profile skeletons below, and send your submissions to me via PM. I will notify you whether your character has been accepted or (in the most unlikely event) not.
25. All character submissions must be titled "Project Graysword".
26. Include the following phrase in your submission, to show that you've read the rules thoroughly: "Magneto bends spoons for a living"
27. There's a reason you can't see rule 26. Look for it, I'm sure it's somewhere in this post...
28. Read rule 27 again.
29. Anyone who complains about the number of rules gets turned into a rubber chicken. They're supposed to be entertaining.
30. Yes, I know I recycled these rules from my other roleplays. I have exclusive rights to them.
31. Rules may be added and changed as I please. Announcements will be made in OOC if there have been any changes to any of the posts on the first page.

User Image

Vicious Lunatic

10,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Olympian 200
User Image

Profile Skeletons

Note: All non-mutant Task Force 613 characters must be at least 18. There are no age restrictions on mutant characters. Please state your character's alignment (X-Men/Brotherhood/Graysword/TF613) under the Background or Other section. Neutrals are discouraged.

Mutant Profile
[size=10][imgright](insert character's picture url here)[/imgright]
[color=(YOUR POSTING COLOUR)][b]My name?[/b] (Character's full name)
[b]Most people call me[/b] (Nickname, optional)
[b]I'm a[/b] (age) [b]year-old[/b] (gender)
[b]My callsign is[/b] (Mutant name)
[b]I have the power...[/b] (Mutant abilities)
[b]You want to know me?[/b] (Personality)
[b]This is my past...[/b] (Background story)
[b]Let's see... what else is there?[/b] (Other information)
[b]Played by[/b] (Your Gaia username) [/color][/size]

Non-Mutant Profile
[size=10][imgright](insert character's picture url here)[/imgright]
[color=(YOUR POSTING COLOUR)][b]My name?[/b] (Character's full name)
[b]Most people call me[/b] (Nickname, optional)
[b]I'm a[/b] (age) [b]year-old[/b] (gender)
[b]My callsign is[/b] (TF613 callsign)
[b]I fight...[/b] (Weapons and special combat traits)
[b]You want to know me?[/b] (Personality)
[b]This is my past...[/b] (Background story)
[b]Let's see... what else is there?[/b] (Other information)
[b]Played by[/b] (Your Gaia username) [/color][/size]

User Image

Vicious Lunatic

10,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Olympian 200
Character List

Note: For any canon X-Men characters, just let me know who it is that you're taking via PM. If I'm not familiar with the character, I'll ask for a Wikia link.

Xavier's X-MenUser Image
    *James "Logan" Howlett (Wolverine) - DiabolusSpiritus
    *Katherine "Kitty" Pryde (Shadowcat) - - Memories_Chained -
    *Anna Marie (Rogue) - - Memories_Chained -
    *Jubilation Lee (Jubilee) - Miyavi The Destroyer
    Sophia Marie Connor (Psych) - Artemis Taylor
    Alexander Patrick Stark (Dark Star) - GrimSavage
    Mark Reigns (Advent) - korinzu
    Amy Redfield (Imitator) - secrecy25
    Brian Matthias Lope (Arctic Wolf) - wild wulfie of the forest
    Alexander "Alan" Blaine (Sirius) - MavericktheRed
    Maximilian Roger Irving (Ion) - Lurking Aion
    AuroraBelle’ LaLuna FlameHeart (Druid) - Trixal
    Hanzo Musashi (Magus) - Hanzo Musashi-san

Brotherhood of Mutants
    *Remy LeBeau (Gambit) - Nordic-Fire-Cat
    *Raven Darkholme (Mystique) - Nordic-Fire-Cat
    Jasmine Lilyana Fayte (Jinx) - - Memories_Chained -
    Christina Lee Frost (Subzero) - secrecy25
    Walter (Energio) - korinzu
    Damien Octavius Tane (Resonator) - GrimSavage
    Anastasia/Celine Blaine (Aludra) - MavericktheRed
    Lynette Amane (Paradox) - Miyavi The Destroyer
    Kenneth Michael Fredrickson (Phantasia) - Lurking Aion

Graysword Mercenaries
    *Pietro Maximoff (Quicksilver) - DiabolusSpiritus
    Vincent Ayasaki (Overclock) - secrecy25
    Samantha Ayasaki (Blackmetal) - secrecy25
    Nicholas R. Flamel (The Alchemist) - korinzu
    Sierra "Narvi" Morrison (Nocturnal) - MavericktheRed
    Gavin DeMarco (Gigabyte) - secrecy25
    Reial Nox (Shift) - Miyavi The Destroyer
    Sandor North (Squall) - Ember_of_Energy

Task Force 613
    *Laura Kinney (X-23) - - Memories_Chained -
    Cpt. Zachary Hawkins (Hawk-Eye) - secrecy25
    Dmitri Kosovich (Livewire) - Solice the Slayer
    Todd (Spartan) - korinzu
    Hikaru "Sakura" Oshiro (Sakura) - DiabolusSpiritus
    Richard Walker (Pyros) - Artemis Taylor
    Allison Walker (Trojan) - Artemis Taylor
    Leonard Church (Church) - korinzu
    Dexter Grif (Grif) - korinzu

Neutral
    Sky-dron (???) - Skydron
    Duncan Price (Void) - korinzu
    Shinjiro Ito (Infernus) - DiabolusSpiritus

*(Characters marked with an asterisk indicate a canonical character)

Recurring NPCs
    **Professor Charles Francis Xavier (Professor X)
    **Max Eisenhardt a.k.a. Erik Lehnsherr (Magneto)
    James "Jim" Branson (Young member of the Brotherhood)
    Robert "Bob" Bartonelli (Owner of 'Bob's Place')
    Lt. Astrid Skyler (TF613 second-in-command)
    Pvt. Natasha Martinez (Soldier in charge of looking after Anya)
    Pvt. Alicia Jansen (Soldier in charge of looking after Anya)
    Anechka Anya Kosovich (Dmitri's daughter)

Note: NPCs are primarily characters that are under the control of secrecy25 for plot purposes only. **Canon NPCs are only temporary and are free to be taken by other roleplayers.

***Grayed-out characters are inactive.

Vicious Lunatic

10,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Olympian 200
User Image

Roleplay Summary

Where we left off...
    2nd September: Jazz received a secret mission from Magneto to investigate the rising of a secret group of mutants known as the Graysword Mercenaries. But Jazz's rendezvous with Vince didn't go unnoticed, as they were spied on by members of the X-Men and the Brotherhood. Unknown to all of them, Task Force 613 had tracked them down and with a prototype temporary mutant ability suppressor dart at their disposal, Chrissy was taken captive. The collaborative efforts of all three mutant groups saw the safe rescue of the girl, but not before her blood samples were taken, allowing Task Force 613 material for research...

3rd September:
    X-Men - Alex was attacked by his old nemesis at a press conference. Other X-Men came to Alex's aid and it saw the defeat of the other mutant, but not before Rogue was gravely wounded. Later that day, Logan was assigned by Professor Xavier to recruit a young mutant named Amy, who had the potential dangerous ability of remotely imitating mutant powers. At the same time, they had another mysterious new recruit named Laura, a spy of Task Force 613 who was seeking revenge on Logan...
    Brotherhood - Because of the trouble Chrissy caused on Jazz's secret mission, Magneto gave her a punishment by making her do all of the Brotherhood's daily chores until further notice, to which Jazz secretly offered to help. Later that day, Pietro spied on Walter flirting with his two best friends and feeling jealous, he left the Brotherhood to join the Grayswords while Walter offered to take the two girls out to dinner...
    Grayswords - Twins, Maya and Mia were the newest recruits to the Grayswords that day and the rest of the team spent some time tracking them down as they couldn't find their headquarters. But later that night, they were surprised to find Pietro turn up at their doorstep, seeking to join them as well. During dinner, they received a new mission... An assassination in Miami...
    Task Force 613 - Despite having one of their major outposts decimated the day before, Task Force 613 resumed its mutant-capturing activities, taking in a small but dangerous gang of mutants downtown. Later that day, Laura (X-23) offered to spy on the X-Men, hoping that she would get a chance to confront Logan. Dmitri, who was forced to work for Task Force 613, was approached by a soldier who offered to let him see his captive daughter in secret...

X-Men
    The X-Men enjoyed Sophia's pie for a fairly light dinner as they all got to meet Amy. Alex left halfway to have a quick talk with the Professor and they came to an agreement that he was to manage the installation of a new security system and power grid, as well as become the new Physics and Computer Science teacher for the Institute. Curious enough, the end of dinner saw the arrival of Remy, who was secretly from the Brotherhood, and Brian, a new student to the Institute.

Brotherhood
    Walter took Jazz and Chrissy out to dinner at a fancy Italian restaurant. They were given a private parlour, thanks to a few favours that Walter had done for them in the past. Meanwhile, in another part of the city, Wanda finds Damien, a mutant with an ability to manipulate sound waves. Damien was then recruited into the Brotherhood but as soon as Jazz and Chrissy got back half drunk, they found out that Pietro had left the Brotherhood, much to their dismay.

Grayswords
    The Grayswords are preparing to fly to Miami the following day for an assassination mission. While Vince offered to train Pietro and the twins in the use of firearms, Sam and Nick headed to the computer room to book plane tickets and find out more about their target, a lawyer named Richard Mason. But Nick was busy trying to make subtle romantic advances on an emotionally-oblivious Sam. Thanks to an intervention from an old friend, Nick finally asked Sam out, who agreed but hurriedly left for bed, embarrassed about how she was acting.

Task Force 613
    Dmitri was secretly sneaked out of the TF613 outpost by Pvt. Natasha Martinez to see his long lost daughter, Anya. The two had a tearful reunion in the apartment where Anya was being looked after by Natasha and her partner, Pvt. Alicia Jansen. Dmitri also bought himself a cell phone and somehow managed to get back undetected. But Cpt. Hawkins appears to be overseeing some sort of secret experimentation that the rest of the force don't know about...

4th September
    X-Men
      A typical breakfast morning at Xavier's mansion, where almost everyone is gathered in the kitchen. Today, the X-Men added Max and Alan to their ranks. It was a relatively normal day, except for Max's disturbing vision about a girl that he was going to meet soon...

Brotherhood
      Jazz and Chrissy remain distraught over Pietro's disappearance while the Brotherhood welcome Aludra as a new member. In the meantime, Walter, Jazz and Chrissy spent much of the day bonding with Jim. They ended the evening by welcoming Duncan and Sky-dron into their home. A demonstration of Duncan's highly disturbing abilities caused much anxiety among the others...

Grayswords
      The Greyswords had to wake up to an early breakfast so they wouldn't miss their flight to Miami. Vince, Pietro, Nick and Sam complete their assassination mission in Miami without any problems. Gavin, Sierra, Arkady and Reial were assigned to a last minute bodyguard mission in New York which was also completed with ease, but then a mysterious old man made an appearance, claiming to know Vince...

Task Force 613
      Zack's second-in-command, Lt. Astrid Skyler came to Dmitri's bunk to check on him. Zack's whereabouts remain unknown. The assignment for the day involved most of the team where they captured a suspected mutant who was the CEO of an insurance company. Despite having blown their cover, they complete the mission and return to the base to wind down.

5th September
      X-Men
        -

Brotherhood
        -

Grayswords
        -

Task Force 613
        -

Last update: 13th October 2011 (UPDATED AT LAST. Please consult secrecy25 if you need a more detailed summary.)

User Image

Vicious Lunatic

10,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Olympian 200
User ImageUser Image

Time

Dawn _ Morning _ Late Morning _ Noon _ Afternoon _ Late Afternoon _ Evening _ Night _ Midnight _ Past Midnight

Weather

Clear & Pleasant _ Sunny & Warm _ Scorching Hot _ Slight Breeze _ Windy _ Very Windy _ Partly Cloudy _ Cloudy _ Drizzling _ Raining _ Thunderstorm _ Chilly _ Cold _ Snowing _ Snowstorm _ Hail

Date

5th September 2010

Vicious Lunatic

10,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Olympian 200
User Image

Announcements
    15th November 2010: Main thread and Profiles/OOC thread created.
    18th November 2010: Edited and added images to the main thread. They were a total pain in the butt.
    20th November 2010: All sections completed, ready to accept newcomers, but not yet open to posting.
    21st November 2010: Roleplay is open for posting.
    27th November 2010: New applicants are encouraged to apply as Brotherhood characters. The sides are currently balanced.
    4th December 2010: Placing the thread into a temporary hiatus. Current roleplayers may conclude their characters' events for the night in the meantime. Will move the timeline into the next day upon my return.
    14th December 2010: Returned from vacation, and the roleplay may continue. Timeskipped to the next day.
    20th December 2010: New applicants are encouraged to apply as Graysword or Brotherhood characters, instead of X-Men characters, to maintain character balance.
    5th January 2011: Not accepting any more X-Men characters for now. Brotherhood or Graysword characters are encouraged.
    16th February 2011: Strictly not accepting any more X-Men characters for now. Any other side is encouraged.
    22nd September 2011: Applications for X-Men characters are strongly discouraged. Every three out of five character applications are for X-Men characters. It's getting old, and it really throws the character balance off. Please apply for the Brotherhood or Graysword more. In this roleplay, they're as much the good guys as the X-Men... just with different attitudes, that's all...

Vicious Lunatic

10,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Olympian 200
User Image
White List
    shadow_kaija
    Fate Chose Namine (~Yukirin_Kinomoto~ / Jezabell262)
    DiabolusSpiritus
    GrimSavage
    Artemis Taylor
    Rishiki
    korinzu
    Solice the Slayer
    Riku is my Twin
    xX_Rogue-Warrioress_Xx
(All of the above remained loyal to this roleplay before it was remade)

Black List
    -xYumyGirl (For hacking and stealing Yukirin's account. She has nothing to do with this roleplay but we all hate her nonetheless. If you don't, then I hereby command you to hate her. <insert extreme profanity here> )

Sammy Skittels (For disappearing unannounced for an entire month after just only a few posts.)

Vicious Lunatic

10,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Olympian 200
User ImageUser Image

Declared Absences
                                Hanzo Musashi-san (1 June 2012 - 15 June 2012)

Warning List
                                N/A

Vicious Lunatic

10,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Olympian 200
Banners

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/series-related-miscellaneous-role-play/x-men-project-graysword-remake-open-accepting/t.67159061/][img]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q105/noelfoo/Miscellaneous/xmenbannercopy.jpg[/img][/url]

Other Affiliations

User Image

User Image

Vicious Lunatic

10,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Olympian 200

Vicious Lunatic

10,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Olympian 200

Vicious Lunatic

10,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Olympian 200
The roleplay is now open. Roleplayers may now begin posting as their accepted characters.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces