9,475 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Introduction

OoC
Profile Thread
Recruitment Thread

It has now been 7 millennia since the gems first came to earth. Almost 1000 years ago, the crystal gems, a force that rebelled against the crystal homeworld, finished its resistance, ending the crystal empire and preserving all life on earth.

Deep in the Earth's crust lies the Cluster. Protected by a bubble produced by the Earth's Rose Quartz, the cluster has kept itself company. The cluster is composed of pieces of Gems, shattered. But each piece has slowly become self aware, and searches out its own pieces. Every once in a while, a gem completes itself. It is a time of great celebration as the other crystal shards form a bubble around it and send it to the Gem Temple. From there, it is repaired, then sent out into the world.

Gems have become a part of everyday life now. Though they are fewer in number than humans, their indefinite life span means that they are only increasing in number. They share the planet and cities with humans, working as police, businessmen, officials, whatever they desire.

But not all gems are nice. Some hold on to their homeworld instilled beliefs that they are better and aim to destroy, rebuild the empire, or to use planet Earth once more as nothing more than a gem factory.

To stop these gems, a task force was made. Capable of advanced warp, they may travel to anywhere needed to stop those that oppose peace and life on Earth.

They are the Jewel Enforcement War Evasion and Land Defense, often called

JEWEL Defense

9,475 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
City of the Future

User Image

In the year 3016, technology has advanced in leaps and bounds. Due partially to gem knowledge, but mostly due to human ingenuity. Gem scientists are constantly confounded by the number of new ideas a human can have, and the tenaciousness as they try to tackle each new obstacle.

As a note, almost all of this is real predictions for the future of earth's technology (aside from the gem stuff).

Power is now produced, almost excluseively, one of two ways: through geothermal power plants, energy drawn directly from below the earth's crust, and through nuclear fission plants, which mimic the reaction found in the sun which produces its energy. Both of these are clean, powerful sources of energy. There are also, though rarely, some areas powered by crystals. These are usually gem heavy and/or powerful machines of crystal technology, such as warp pads.

Transportation has advanced. Warp pads are now the way to regularly move long distances. Planes and trains are still around but are used primarily for shipping. Cars are still a primary source of short range transportation, but are highly efficient electric cars. Streets where parking is legal are lined with charging stations that are pay to use, but are close to at-cost (i.e. not for profit). Flying cars are available, but are extremely expensive and out of the reach of your standard citizen.

Medicine is extremely powerful now and almost anything can be cured, aside from a few superviruses that, luckily, have low transmission rates, making it easy to quarantine. Humans are expected to live somewhere around 150 years. Research into slowing the human aging process hit a wall about 500 years ago and the average life expextancy has remained at that level since then.

Military And Law Enforcement technology has evolved in two ways: more effective non-lethal weapons and more effective lethal weapons. Handheld sick guns (emitting high intensity frequencies that make a person suddenly feel debilitatingly sick) are used now in place of tasers, as well as Night Guns (instant sleep darts). Projectile guns are still carried as well and can be used as a last resort. In addition, beam weapons are a reality and are used heavily by the military. They are expensive to create, maintain and they use a huge amount of electricity, but they are very expensive. WMDs are kept in reserve and are now even more massively powerful, but they are meant now for the protection of earth, not the destruction of its inhabitants. It is pointed out into space, ready to repel any unfriendly invaders.

9,475 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Gems and Humans

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The battle near a milennia ago brought the world's attention to the existence of the Gems. While knowledge of them was fairly limited before, there was no longer any denying that we are not alone in the universe.

A limited number of crystals, those called the Crystal Gems, and the ones who had joined them, settled down on earth. Though heroes, they still could not quite fit in with the general public.

Around 600 years later, the first crystal emerged from the Cluster, still shattered, but complete. Crystals with healing powers helped it to be repaired, and the first new crystal was born into the new world.

The area that was once a barn, began a new city, with the cluster in its center. At first it was a place for new gems, emerging from the cluster and getting used to life on earth. But, the low cost of living and curiosity about the gems drew in a number of humans. It continued to grow and became an extremely desirable city to live in. Within 200 years, its population was more than 2 million. Now, in 3016, it has a population of almost 5 million and encompasses what used to be Beach City.

Not all gems remain here forever, but many come to find it to be home and it has a population of gems far greater than other city, numbering in the 10s of thousands. Gems tend to congregate when they live in other cities, living in the same neighborhood or close by each other.

Human attitudes vary, but most are cautiously trusting of gems. However, there are a number of anti-gem movements and dealing with suspicion and hate is nothing new to the Gems. Most have learned to let it roll off, but some strike back. Anti-human and/or pro-homeworld movements among the gems sometimes occur a well, but these are much smaller and lack any kind of direction or leadership.

Human and gem hybrids have occurred outside of the hero Steven Universe, but are extremely rare. The number of gems that are emotionally capable of making that kind of sacrifice are few and far between. And human/gem relationships are frowned upon by a large part of society.

9,475 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
JEWEL Defense Agency (JDA)

The Jewel Enforcement War Evasion and Land Defense Agency is a relatively new organization, being now about 30 years old. The need for such an Agency arose with a sudden rise in gem-related crimes and a rise in the number of gems coming out of the Cluster. It is believed this increase in gems emerging from the cluster is due to the lower number of remaining shards and, therefore, it is easier for shards to find their other parts.

They are capavle of travel to almost anywhere via a special warp pad that can instantly transmit you anywhere on earth without the need of a receiving warp pad. Getting back is more difficult as the warp pad is not set to receive warps, so you have to warp to the main warp station in Gem City, then travel back to the office.

The name of the Agency lists its 3 main missions:

Jewel Enforcement - The JDA has jurisdiction over all cases involving jewels, anywhere in the world. This inludes circumstances where Gems are the offenders as well as when they are the victims. However, not all offenses are reported to the JDA, partially because of bigotry, and partially due to the youth of the agency.

War Evasion - Though the last time the gems were repelled was almost a milennia before, the sudden appearance of large quantities of gems and anti-human groups has made some people antsy. As such, it is the responsibility of the JDA to keep tensions as low as possible. They do this by being an example of an upstanding Gem citizen, catching bad gems, and through the media as mich as possible. They are also in charge of any groups that may be increasing tensions, such as anti-gem groups of humans.

Land Defense - The JDA is technically a part of the earth's military. In the case of another alien invasion, either by homeoworld or other colony Gems, or by another alien race altogether, they are expected to fight alongside and protect earth from any and all invaders.

9,475 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
The JDA Wants You!

User Image

All are welcome to apply. We are looking for individuals who meet the following qualifications:

1. Experienced roleplayer. If you don't know what I mean by that, you don't qualify.
2. Are respectful to others, their ideas and their characters. Again, if you don't know what this means, you need not apply.
3. Gaia ToS.
4. Can keep romances to a PG-13 level
5. Are willing to plot via Skype. I have found that this real-time chat is good for group bonding and works better for developing plots with your fellow RPers.
6. Be in this long-term. If you tend to join and drop off RPs, please turn around now. This js not a driveby RP. Post at least once a week, but I'd prefer to have people posting every day or close to.
7. Post minimums/limits. I have none. Be reasonable and try to make your post move the story forward. Writers block? It happens, I understand. But eek out a small paragraph please so people aren't waiting on you, speak with the other RPer you are interacting with. They may have ideas. But don't ever not post for a week because you can't think of something atm. Just try.
8. Understand that I am the admin. My goal is to make this RP fun for all people in it. If you have a complaint, try and work it out with the other(s) involved and come to me only if you cannot find a resolution yourselves. If you are drama, godmodding, offensive, harassing, etc. I will boot you so hard you'll have to dig my size 10 1/2 back out with specialized equipment. But, I am a fairly lenient, fun and involved admin. If you wanna have fun, I do too.

To express interest, please fill put the reserve below. Then begin working on the application.

Fill out the application below and send it to Hatsuharu Ayanokoji for approval.

As a note, it is discouraged for half-humans to apply. However, if you have a very original idea for one, I may accept 1-2. However, it should be mostly gems and full humans applying.

While most people will probably be in the JDA, don't think that's the only roles available. Feel free to make a PI, an anti-gem human, a radicalist Homeworld suporter, etc.

This RP will be for original characters only. Characters appearing in the show will not be playable and I do not have plans for them to appear as NPCs during this RP.

9,475 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Application to join JDA (and other organizations)

Tip: I draw my own gem, but not all of you will want to. Want help finding a gem you can use? Do a google image search of the word "Gemsona". You will find a LOT of pictures you can use for gems of any color, size or shape.

Also possible: take an anime reference pic you like. Then adjust the color balance toward that of your chosen gem. So, for example, if you picked emerald, adjust the color so its heavily green. You may consider making the picture black and white first so that you receive a more monochromatic result. This will only work if you are using a one-toned gem, of course.
Reserve (Gem):

100x200 img [/img] [b]Stone (Nickname)
Weapon
XX years on Earth

Reserve (Human)

100x200 img [/img] [b]First Last Name
Weapons/skills
XX years on Earth(age)

Application:

[Align=center][Img]http://mcleanmuslims.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/500x300.gif]
[Size=24][b][color=color1]Stone/Name[/color][/b][/size]
[Size=17][color=color2]Nicname (s)[/color][/size]

[Color=color1]Organization Affiliation [/color]

â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– 

Paragraph 1 should describe your human or gem's general appearance. Include gem color (because not everyone will know). Also include the location of your gem on the body. Because weapons are drawn from the gem, it will generally be in an exposed location, but clothes can be cutout (as it was woth Rose Quartz) or can be moved (as with Steven). In the case of humans, describe where they generally have their weapons located on the body.

Paragraph 2 describes a brief history. For gems, it can include service for homeworld, and will probably include the war and the Crystal Gem rebellion. Some of them may have fought alongside Rose Quartz, others may have fought for homeworld. Eventually, you were shattered and spent time as part of the Cluster. Eventually you emerged. Hownlong ago? What have you done since then? When did you join the JDA? Why? For humans, explain why you joined the JDA. Were you mistrusting of gems? Are you still? Did you just join cuz its a job? Do you love them and want to work with them?

Paragraph 3 describes your personality in broad strokes. Small parts wil be developed more in the RP. Plus, I don't want to lock you down too much. If you find this needs to be edited later to match better how your character is acting in the RP, lmk and i can change it. As long as you're not making constant changes.

Paragraph 4 includes your skills and abilities. Include any magic you can perform and what weapons you can use, and skill levels in each. Also, be sure to detail what your Gem Weapon is, and any special properties it may have.

â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– â– 

[Size=8][i]I answer to (username)[/i][/size][/align]

9,475 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Squads

The JDA groups gems together into squads of 3 which are sent on missions together regularly. In some cases the JDA may send "special squads" which can range in number of 1 to the entire JDA, and may mix gems with members not in their normal squad.

Squad 1:
User Image Melanite (Mel)
Katar
24 years on Earth

User Image
White Howlite ( Lotti )
Giant Boomerang
50 years on Earth

Other Characters

User Image Blue Rainbow Moonstone - Circus
Bow & Chain Arrows
12 years on Earth

9,475 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Humans Versus Gems and Humans in the JDA

Some humans have earned their way into the JDA. Because firearms have a high potential of shattering a gem, they are generally frowned upon. The JDA does not have any humans using a firearm. High frequency guns (causes then to poof, but can stress gems, so are used as a last resort) and tasers are commonly employed by police agencies. In addition, a human with advanced fighting skills can often compete with a gem using other weapons, such as swords, spears, etc.

If a human can prove they are capable enough, then they will be accepted as a full member of the JDA. There is no separation between human and gem members.

9,475 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Fusions

Squads will probably have experience with fusing with each other. As such, you may consider discussing with the squad members what shape your fusion may take. Basic guidlines for fusions include:

Body parts: fusions usually have an increased number of body parts. Which part and by how many varies but does not seem to exceed the total number of such limbs between the number of fused gems.

Size: you are becoming a "giant woman" (although in the case of a gem taking a male shape, this may not be the case. But the giant part still applies). How big can vary. So pick just how big she is.

Personality: Personalities change when fused. The fusion is truly something more than just the two gems.

Weapon: usually a fusion of the two weapons. These weapons can change shape slightly (as with Opal's bow where Pearl's spear is curved), size (think the giant warhammer made from Garnet's fists) and functionality (Smoky Quartzes yoyos or Opal's bow firing light arrows). However, you should, generally, be able to justify how thise two weapons combined make up the new weapon.

Control: fusion between characters with different RPers means that control can be an issue. When discussing your fusion, discuss how it will be controlled. Will one person control this fusion? First come first serve on posts? Or, what i recommend, work out the actions OoC (either on Skype or PMs recommended) and then one of you make an official post.

9,475 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Gems & Genders

Anyone who has watched Steven Universe has seen that gems tend to take a female form and use female pronouns. While this does seem to bw the majority, I have yet to see anything that limits a gem in this fashion. A gem is genderless, being only a manifestation of light emanating from the gem. So, if you want to take a male form, I see no reason this would not be possible. If you want to use the opposite pronoun of your appearance or a gender neutral, sure. Why not?

9,475 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

9,475 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

9,475 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200