Welcome to Gaia! ::

Great job defeating the boss!

A shame you weren't able to save Virginia.~ 0.42857142857143 42.9% [ 3 ]
But now that the boss is gone, take this time to get to know your new allies. 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
You're going to need it. 0.57142857142857 57.1% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 7 ]
1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 >

Tenacious Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Generous 100
User Image

User ImagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image

THREAD IDEA BYxxTetra Kataki
                  "INVISIBLE TIES" GRAPHICS BYxxTetra kataki
                  THREAD MODERATORSxxTetra Kataki, Manakete Nah
                  THREAD NAVIGATIONxx[Intro] [rules] [profiles] [cast] [updates]

It was just an ordinary night for most. Though, some were aware there was something far more special going on. The moon, full and bright, was as at its closest point to the Earth - perigee. On top of that, a lunar eclipse approached. This was the perfect timing... perfect timing for a dark being to put its plan into action. But alas, the plan didn't work as intended - it only half-succeeded.
                          This plan would allow the entity to dominate the land, rule it with an iron fist. All species, all things living, dead, and undead, would bow before him. With the monsters conjured up from all realms, the world as we know it would have fallen as the people of our world lacked the means to kill many kinds of these creatures. The conjuring did bring forth the monsters on that fateful night, but it also brought forth beings from the initial world as well - and intertwined their life forces with a few unfortunate souls.
                          This intertwining had a few effects; first off, if one died, the other would as well. As for beings that could repeatedly die and return, if they were to die, they would return and so would their partner - but their partner dies, and they die for good as well. Another thing was that they gained access to some of the power of their partner - minor skills, primarily. But if the pair were to work together, they could create an attack of strength greater than if they struck separate. Finally, certain beings would pass a minor physical trait or two over to their partner, as well as weaknesses - such as vulnerability to sunlight or fire, or the ability to see in the dark better than the average person. But they could not share thoughts or emotions.
                          It is up to these sorts of people to solve the mystery of the monsters that now plague the world and put an end to the source of it to restore order. Of course, some may not wish to do that and instead seek to accomplish their own goals. Whichever it is, these invisible ties will determine the fate of the world.

Tenacious Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Generous 100
User Image

Okay, rules. I know, you hate'em, but you gotta have'em. Here we go, I'll try to keep this short as I can.

► Keep to the TOS. That means nothing that people under 18 shouldn't be seeing. Don't you even dare take it to PMs. You won't like what'll happen if I catch you saying to do that. Nope.
                          ►Bare minimum in posts of one 4-sentence paragraph. Please give people something to work with, or the thread will die out. That said, while 5 paragraphs is nice, doing more than that tends to be overwhelming when it's not a lot of dialogue. Try and get your point across without fluffing up your post with unnecessary info. I'm lax on grammar and spelling, just so long as I know what you mean - which means no chatspeak unless your character is texting.
                          ► Post layouts are nice. I won't be strict about how to do it - a name and a picture is all you need. Just make sure any colors you use aren't blindingly bright.
                          ► The usual things for combat portions apply. No godmodding, autohitting, autododging, etc. I want to see fair fights. That said, if you're character is outclassed, they're outclassed. Someone like Link could go toe-to-toe with most other protagonists, for example, but if you took someone whose a magic-user and pitted them against one immune to magic outrigbht, don't go expecting the magic-user to win.
                          NEW Further info on combat! You will get ONE opportunity to go for every boss to land what I'll call a "Critical Hit" - this is where you get to do a devastating blow to an enemy. But once you use it, you have to wait until the next boss has been defeated to have a go again. Also please keep your attacks and results believable. You shouldn't be able to take out a whole crapton with ease.
                          ► Romance, violence, it's all good. Just keep all your drama and fighting IC. If you have trouble with someone OOC, take it to one of us mods. We'll do our best to deal with the issue.
                          ► Profiles. Fill them out, send them to me titled "Total Eclipse of the Plot". Quotes not necessary.
                          ► Reserves. Send them to Manakete Nah. All you need is your character's name and series. Reserves last a week at most. Title them "Premonition".
                          ► Try and keep active. If you're going to disappear, drop me or Manakete Nah a PM. We don't bite. (we nibble~) If you're inactive for a week, we'll PM to see what's up. If we don't get notice by the second week, then we drop you from the RP. Sorry, but them's the breaks. Few exceptions will be made for this, and the two of us easily lose track of time so the timeframe will probably be a bit loose.
                          ► Don't bite off more than you can chew with characters. Not so much a rule, just a word of advice. Makes it hard to enjoy yourself when you can't keep up, y'know? On that note, you MAY play both halves of a pair yourself. You're completely free to do that. As long as you can handle all you've got, I'm not going to place many limits.
                          ►Have fun. Really, have fun. Enjoy. I want you to.~

Tenacious Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Generous 100
User Image

IProfile form time. They'll be under the spoiler tags. Please do not post your profiles into the profile thread until you have been approved to do so. If you need to see what they look like filled out, check the profile thread itself for examples. Thank you!

CHARACTERS
                          [imgleft]100 BY 100 IMAGE HERE[/imgleft][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][color=COLOR1]►[/color][color=white]xx[/color][b][color=COLOR2]I STAND BEFORE YOU[/color][/b]
                          [color=white]xxxx[/color][color=COLOR3][Character Name][/color]
                          [color=COLOR1]►[/color][color=white]xx[/color][b][color=COLOR2]AT THE GREAT AGE OF[/color][/b]
                          [color=white]xxxx[/color][color=COLOR3][age; if unknown, just put "unknown" ][/color]
                          [color=COLOR1]►[/color][color=white]xx[/color][b][color=COLOR2]I HAIL FROM[/color][/b]
                          [color=white]xxxx[/color][color=COLOR3][series][/color]

[color=COLOR1]♦[/color][color=white]xxxx[/color][b][color=COLOR2]MY STRENGTH IS YOURS![/color][/b][color=white]xxxx[/color][color=COLOR1]♦[/color]
                          [size=10][color=COLOR3]character powers/skills going here. Weapons of note go here.][/color][/size]

[color=COLOR2]●[/color][color=white]xxxx[/color][b][color=COLOR1]I LEND MY POWER TO[/color][/b] [color=COLOR3][ partner name. You can leave this open if you aren't playing your own partner. All caps. When you get a partner, you can fill it in. ][/color]

[color=COLOR2]●[/color][color=white]xxxx[/color][b][color=COLOR1]MY FATE IS IN THE HANDS OF[/color][/b] [color=COLOR3][username in all caps here][/color][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

PEOPLE BOUND TO THEM
                          [imgleft]100 BY 100 IMAGE HERE[/imgleft][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][color=COLOR1]►[/color][color=white]xx[/color][b][color=COLOR2]I STAND BEFORE YOU[/color][/b]
                          [color=white]xxxx[/color][color=COLOR3][Character Name][/color]
                          [color=COLOR1]►[/color][color=white]xx[/color][b][color=COLOR2]AT THE GREAT AGE OF[/color][/b]
                          [color=white]xxxx[/color][color=COLOR3][age][/color]
                          [color=COLOR1]►[/color][color=white]xx[/color][b][color=COLOR2]I HAVE THE JOB OF[/color][/b]
                          [color=white]xxxx[/color][color=COLOR3][occupation if any][/color]

[color=COLOR1]♦[/color][color=white]xxxx[/color][b][color=COLOR2]I'LL DO MY BEST![/color][/b][color=white]xxxx[/color][color=COLOR1]♦[/color]
                          [size=10][color=COLOR3][ Powers gained go here. If you lack a partner, just put N/A until you get one. When you do, run by Tetra Kataki the set of powers and intended partner - that way, it can be decided if anything needs toned down or if you may need to pick a new partner because you chose someone who was already taken when you were coming up with things. ][/color][/size]

[color=COLOR2]●[/color][color=white]xxxx[/color][b][color=COLOR1]I GET MY POWER FROM[/color][/b] [color=COLOR3][ partner name. You can leave this open if you aren't playing your own partner. All caps. When you get a partner, you can fill it in. ][/color]

[color=COLOR2]●[/color][color=white]xxxx[/color][b][color=COLOR1]MY FATE IS IN THE HANDS OF[/color][/b] [color=COLOR3][username in all caps here][/color][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

Tenacious Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Generous 100
User Image

Character lists are here. Please refer to this if you need to know if a character is taken. I'll put a star (★) next to the name of those who've been paired off.

CHARACTERS (series) [username]
                          Black Dainn (Boktai 2: Solar Boy Django) [Manakete Nah] ★
                          Nico Robin (One Piece) [Clockwork Vaudville]
                          Virginia Poe (Lunar Knights) [Manakete Nah] ★
                          Lulu (League of Legends) [The Boobs Of Death]
                          Polidori (Lunar Knights) [Rikari-Kun] [CANNOT BE PAIRED OFF (aside from plot things)]
                          Aaron (Lunar Knights) [Rikari-Kun] [CANNOT BE PAIRED OFF (aside from plot things)]
                          Edgar Poe (Lunar Knights) [Doramidoro]
                          Hel (SMITE) [Porkcow001]
                          Django (Boktai) [theshiningrabbit] ★

BOUND PERSON [username]
                          Lyra Steli [Tetra Kataki] ★
                          Jack Reed [Everfear2] ★
                          Shuya Ikari [Godric Testarossa]
                          Alicia Ikari [Godric Testarossa] ★
                          Samuel Washington [Porkcow001] ★

RESERVED
                          ------

Tenacious Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Generous 100
User Image

Updates are mentioned here. Dates will be arranged MM/DD/YY

7/19/14 - Role of the villain opened up to the public. Below is the special form. If you'd like to take the role, please send the form to Tetra Kataki. Just use the standard profile form title. You've got the personality and motives for world domination left up to you, so there's some free reign with this. Hey, they could not really be evil just be seemingly evil. For ideas what I mean, there's a little notes segment in the code below that link to TV Tropes pages that may help.
                          7/25/14 - Main villain role has been taken. They do NOT hold any position of moderation. However, under the supervision of Manakete Nah and Tetra Kataki, they will present to the people in the thread bosses and even some obstacles. Don't worry - these won't come without warning, as any boss and obstacle ideas implemented will have to be run by us first to make sure it's okay and not too over-the-top.
                          7/26/14 - Seeing as some were getting a little too out of hand and easily defeating monsters en masse, I've made an update to the rules to cover this. Also, the intro has had an additional sentence added to make it clear of something I should've made specific before. See, partners do NOT share any mental/emotional link. They CANNOT read each other's minds, share thoughts, sense one another's emotions, and the like. I shouldn't have left something like that so open when I didn't want something like that to be pulled from it.

Tenacious Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Generous 100
User Image

OPEN AND ACCEPTING

Tenacious Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Generous 100
LYRA STELI
XXXX"LET'S SEE WHAT THE CARDS HAVE IN STORE!"

User ImageSILENCE YOUR FEAR, WE'VE GOT TO MOVE HIGHER
UNLOCK THE STARS IN THE SKYXX▬▬▬▬▬XXGUARDING US ALL

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"I'm telling you, I can't do readings to find solutions to things like this! I'm not THAT good!" Why'd she have to be stuck with someone who so adamantly believed that the answer could be foretold with tarot? It was so frustrating! "I'll give it a shot, but there's no guarantee this will work. I only do this as a hobby and for a little spending money here and there. First off, the spread..." Being linked to a vampire this persistent was going to drive her nuts, and she could feel it. The girl spread the cards in a star formation, with one card in the center of five "points". "Let's see... the first card represents our current situation... and it's the Strength. It represents the strength of character. Spiritual power over material desires. Now for the second card. It deals with the cause of conflicts and obstacles here. It's the Six of Pentacles. Material gain. So that's why we're in this mess." But she guessed that much, considering things like this happened in stories all the time from someone's greed or lust for power.

"The third card has to do with the changes needed to face the challenge. It's a reversed Four of Cups. An awakening from a calm period. I guess this means we need to take action or something? Anyway, card four is next." Yet again, a card was flipped, revealing the Eight of Cups. "This deals with our strengths. Roaming without a destination... sadness in relationships... and abandoning the material world all deal with this card. Perhaps the latter is the meaning we need? Anyway, fifth card!" Finally, almost over! The last card was turned over with a grin at first, but then realization struck with what this meant. "The Devil, reversed, signifies our other obstacles. I guess it means we have to overcome pride and selfishness and a spiritual rebirth. Huh. The last card deals with the outcome. It's probably the one you're most interested in." Lyra seemed calmer now, turning the card over and revealing the last piece of the reading. "It's the Chariot. Victory and success. So, what do you think? I told you I'm not the best, but hopefully this shuts you up." Hopefully.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

BATTLE THE WILL OF THOSE WHO CONSPIRE
TAKE BACK THE PASSION TO LIVEXXXXXXVANISH THE SORROW

Lupine Vampire

RESISTANCESXXCLOUD | EARTH | FROST | FLAME | DARK | SOL
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX --- XXX. | --- XXXX | --- XXX.. | --- XXXX | STXXX | WK

BLACK DAINN
xxxTHE SHADOW IMMORTAL

User Image

BLACKENED IS THE END, WINTER IT WILL SEND
THROWING ALL YOU SEEXXXXX▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬XXXXXINTO OBSCURITY

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Was that truly all that the woman could conjure up with those cards of hers in way of an explanation? No, he didn't quite believe so. "And does it show the manner in which I can be rid of you?" She was a liability, nothing more and nothing less. But he was glad for one thing. With having lost to the Solar Boy, his entire clan had been purified and, while not happy at the loss of the three that had called him brother, he was happy to not have to deal with the human being mixed in with them. "There must be more to it than that. Even the Sunflower Girl has been able to give the Solar Boy better readings than that." Seems that the reading wouldn't shut him up. In fact, he seems more suspicious than ever.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DEATH OF MOTHER EARTH, NEVER A REBIRTH
EVOLUTION'S ENDXXXXX▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬XXXXXNEVER WILL IT MEND

Tenacious Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Generous 100
LYRA STELI

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Quit being a smartass. Are you just taking what I gave at face value or looking into it any?" Yup, he was going to be the death of her if this kept up. "It DID answer that getting out of this mess, with effort, would prove successful. Avarice is why we're in this - whose, it didn't say. But we have to overcome things like that, we have to overcome the pride, the greed, the works, if we're to get out of this." Lyra sighed. Obviously he wasn't reading much into her answers. "Do you get it now, or do I have to do yet another reading? I'd hate to as I think it'd be a waste of my time. After all, the cards said to take action, not just sit and wait." This was certainly going to be a rough experience for the both of them if the cards had given her the right answers.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Lupine Vampire

BLACK DAINN
xxxTHE SHADOW IMMORTAL

User Image

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Oh he would leave if he could and perhaps drop the disrespectful pest that plagued him in the nearest group of bok. "So you suggest we leave this minute, without the slightest hint of what it is that we are looking for? Even with your little reading that you gave, where shall we start?" He was clearly not about to go out and risk being around when the sun rose and burnt him to a crisp. Yeah, there were better things that he could be doing. What? He didn't really know what that would be at that moment but he was sure he could find out.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Tenacious Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Generous 100
LYRA STELI

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

He did have a bit of a point there. "Well, the cards can't tell me everything. We'll have to dig up some of this information on our own one way or another. The best idea to start with would be checking up on the news and maybe, if needed, the library to see if we can learn anything from the past." Lyra took a deep breath, and then exhaled. If they were going to get out of this, they'd need to learn to put up with each other. "...Nevertheless, if we're going to get things done, we can't keep bickering like this. If we really are as tightly bound to each other as I figured out... we're going to need to watch each other's backs. Ignore your pride for now, as if we trust the reading, that'll only get in our way to success." Perhaps now her intelligent side was showing since she was calmed down a bit, but she still wasn't pleased with having to do research with no leads. "...I'll look into recent news, see if there might be more cases like ours. I'll arrange to get some books from the library that might help on looking into this - and maybe while I'm at it, brush up on my skills with readings."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Lupine Vampire

BLACK DAINN
xxxTHE SHADOW IMMORTAL

User Image

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

He couldn't hide the scowl that crossed his face as he heard her. What did he have to do? Beat her upside the head with a dead bok to get it through to her? "I am not leaving. I have other things to worry about other than dealing with you child. Other things have my attention." Like finding the only one who could make his own plans go through. The Solar Boy. His whole purpose hinged on the survival of the Solar Bloodline, the new person be damned. "If you have not noticed from your time at my side, I am not exactly an idle person who has time to sit while someone goes to read up on something."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Tenacious Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Generous 100
LYRA STELI

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Who said anything about you waiting long? It won't take me much time at all to get you some books. Then we'll get things moving along quick." She wasn't intent on dealing with dealing with so much impatience from him. "And it wouldn't kill you to at least call me by my name. I mean, I do recall giving it to you." At least they weren't too far from a place she could get the local paper. Looking at her partner for a moment, and then running off and leaving her cards with him, she went to go buy a paper to give them some information. The wait for her return was little, and soon, they had something to work with. "Front page headline talks of strange creatures being sighted. Things deemed monsters. Some living, some not, all dangerous. They've appeared all over, but the source... they've pinpointed a general range. But there's no info on if the cause still remains there or has moved to another location." Flipping to another section, she checked the day's horoscope as well, her only response to it being a smirk for a second before returning her attention to Dainn. "...Shall we get moving? Or would you rather wait until it's darker?"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Lupine Vampire

BLACK DAINN
xxxTHE SHADOW IMMORTAL

User Image

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

He really didn't see the need for the question since of course he had to at least make some meager effort to protect the girl. If her readings were right, which he honestly couldn't believe, then he would need to work with her. It took killing her off the table but a guy still has to eat, right? "Fine then, we shall wait until after dark. And we will take a detour on the way." The one thing that he could say about his current situation was that there was a plentiful supply of food because of it.

There were complications though, he drained the blood of humans and yet he was forced into the company of one. What was it that she would say about the fact that he kills others like her to simply get by? All she had done up till now was nag, and hell if he wanted to give her more reason to nag. "And while I am out on my little detour, you will keep away from me." It seemed that he was avoiding using her name. Just as a person would avoid naming a lamb who would ultimately see the slaughter house.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Tenacious Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Generous 100
LYRA STELI

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Of course, of course. She shouldn't have expected any less. "Right. I'm assuming your little detour is for food, yes? I know how vampires work. I'm familiar with the stories. Many are. But lucky you, many aren't prepared to come upon the real deal." So his little "dinner" would be easier to get. "Though, I think I should warn you to watch out for guns. Some street thugs carry those, and though I've yet to be shot, I don't think it would be far-fetched to assume it would hurt like hell getting a bullet lodged into your flesh." She wasn't the strong one of the pair, but Lyra wanted to at least be of some help aside from her readings, which she found not all that useful.

"So, until the sun sets, what do you want to do? We could always make the trip back to my place as best as possible - I have some games there." She didn't want to just stick to small talk, that was for sure. "I know I have an old chess set hanging around, and a few other things that are more on the technological side. Mainly puzzle games in that sense." Surely those would go over well, right? At least, better than her readings.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items