Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
User Image

ARKHAM ☾SCHOOL ƒσя Շroubled ϓouth
▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ ▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ ▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀

Welcome to Arkham School for Troubled Youth. This is an alternate Gotham City, where Batman and his cohorts are all still young, but with the similiar pasts. They have all done some kind of offense where they should be in prison, but because the kindness of a judge or the insistence of a parent, they were sent to a reform school instead. This is when Batman's wings are clipped and where all the different oddities from the DC world have been sent.

What will become of them now? What did they do to end up here? Will you keep their original story to a "T" or will you tweak it some? Will they straighten up and make it out? Or will they be sent next door to Arkham Asylum?

Inspired by: boredom
writing expectations: semi-literate to literate [minimum: two paragraphs || max: six paragraphs]
Photo credit/edits: me- kwarren7
Moderators: kwarren7 && XxEternalKissxX
For more information: Out of Character &☾& Profiles && Resource Thread

5,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
User Image
RULES

• My rules are short. This is a semi-lit role play, by that I mean I expect round characters. I am sick and tired of perfect angsty characters. If you send me one that's horrible I'm not going to accept it. Simple as that. And I expect good grammar and spelling.

• Follow the TOS and no godmodding, autohitting, etc. I expect you to already know these sorts of things, but I'm putting them here just in case you forget.

• I am the goddess here. What I say goes, what my moderator XxEternalKissxX says goes. If I'm not online, PM profiles to her. I am giving you a lot of freedom with these characters, so if I find them to be too out there, I will tell you to fix them.

• I want colored posting for speech and pretty posts. Don't stretch the page, and make sure there's a picture for each post. If you need help, both I and XxEternalKissxX are good at making posts, so we can help you :3 There's no limit for characters, I just expect you to be able to handle them all. The absolute minimum for each post is two paragraphs and the maximum is six paragraphs. But I really hate those types of posts, so put them like that only if it's necessary.

• All teachers will be NPC unless someone really wants to be a teacher, so we'll probably have to make a list later on, but don't worry about it until then.

• The roles I put up are just a few, but you can pick any from the DC universe.

• this can change at any time and of course, have fun!

5,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
User Image
ROLES

All role histories are negotiable. If you don't like the blurb I've written up, then feel free to PM me and we'll talk. also if your favorite isn't up, just PM me or Kiss and I'm sure it'll be fine.

I will not be accepting any more reserves/profiles until we get more males, especially Batman

Now that we have Batman, the Joker, and Superman, I'll be accepting profiles as to balance out the gender ratio.

bold means open
bold && underlined means reserved
striked means taken

• Bruce Wayne/Batman: the infamous Batman. One of the older students, second year in because of his anger issues. His guardian sent him here as a last resort when he lost his temper at a club and took out two bouncers and someone he deemed "evil".

• Robin: Bruce's little cousin. He was adopted by Alfred as well when his parents died in a circus accident. He is sweet most of the time but has developed a split personality that's grown steadily worse as his older cousin has started acting out. *middle school age

• Superman: growing up as an alien with super strength is hard, especially when you go out for the football team and end up putting the guy you tackle into a coma.

• Lois Lane: the daughter of the headmaster of Arkham School for Troubled Youth. She technically shouldn't be in here, but stole a few things from a local gas station in order to get in the school. She wants to write an expose about the kids in here, to reveal to the world the true dangers that could be unleashed. But she might be in over her head.

• Wonder Woman: after coming from her homeland as an exchange student, Wonder Woman found herself in a strange place where men ruled and women were subservient. So when she was expected to mind her own business about a friend's abusive ex, She didn't know how. When she beat the man into submission, the girl went back on WW and chose to defend him instead of her friend.

• Catwoman: when Daddy doesn't give his little girl enough attention, or any at all, she resorts to other ways of getting attention. Selena started stealing and couldn't stop, ending up a kleptomaniac

• The Joker: to be quite honest, we're not sure why he wasn't here sooner. He managed to get put in Arkham School for finally getting caught, but when he attends mandatory counseling, usually the counselor ends up needing help before he receives any. He's always causing issues and setting people off though, when not avoiding his self titled girlfriend, Harley

• Harley Quinn: Harley was a good girl on her way to Harvard with her grades until she met the Joker, or as she calls him "Mistuh J". She hangs out with her best friend Poison Ivy.

• Poison Ivy: Pamela Lily Isley was a prodigy until she was betrayed by her professor. But after blowing up too many big oil companies. She has made a niche for herself in Arkham School, and if there were popular girls, Ivy and Harley would be them.

• The Riddler: if anyone is a nerd in this school, that'd be the Riddler. He's an odd fellow, and has yet to reveal why he's here, but he gives everyone the creeps.

• Lex Luthor: the spoiled rival of Superman. He was sent here as a last resort before boot camp by his parents.

• Harvey Dent: a charming friend one minute and a terrible enemy the next, Harvey began lashing out after he was in an accident involving acid at his old school.

• Bane- was once a big wrestling star at his school before he got caught using a steroid called Venom. Sadly for him the Venom has a side affect of extreme anger and he ended up killing one his opponents. He lucked out by being tried as a minor and they sent him to Arkham School for Troubled youth as a last chance to get clean and straighten up.

• Hawkgirl: sometimes life just hits your hard. Kendra finally had enough of daddy's drinking and hit back. So she ended up at Arkham because of a kind judge finally giving her a break.

• Scarecrow: A brilliant young man, he hides his obsession of fear behind the face of an awkward teenage boy. While the shy awkwardness isn't just a facade, he can quickly throw it aside when he's properly infuriated.

• Plastic Man: A former criminal turned stretchy, super-powered hero thanks to an accident during a robbery that ended up with him getting shot and taking a bath in chemicals. Plas is now on the rebound and desperately trying to forget his former life of crime, but his greedy impulses and knack for troublemaking make reforming a tad difficult.

• Some others: Hugo Strange, Penguin Scarecrow, Clayface, The Mad Hatter, Mr. Freeze, Ra's al Ghul, The Ventriloquist and many others I'm sure, but this was just to give you an idea.

• You can PM me or XxEternalKissxX if you have someone in mind that's not up. If you create one that is not on this list, then I need you to write a two sentence blurb to put up with them when I accept you. Also, the younger heroes like Starfire or other teen titans, they would be much younger than the other students. The reform school goes from ninth grade to second year of college.

5,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
User Image
TO APPLY

To apply, please first send me a writing sample. That's most important to me. AFTER you're accepted, then send me your profile.

I am going to give you freedom on this. Make it look pretty and have the image of your character, real picture only please. If you need a refresher for your character click here. They are short comics with the hero/villan's origin.

• Name
  • age, between 17-21 *unless a teen titan- then they are special cases
  • theme song [optional]
  • sexuality
  • their history/personality- I want at least three meaty paragraphs- two for history and one for personality
  • why they are in Arkham School for Troubled Youth. Make this good. No secrets! Make sure if you want it to be a secret from the other characters that's indicated---This is MOST important.
  • any friends they may have-- make sure to approve this with other characters
  • likes/disklikes
  • crush [optional]
  • Powers and weaknesses-- there has to be a weakness, I don't care if they have one in the DC universe or not, they will have one here. They're kids.

If you have any questions about applying, simply PM me/XxEternalKissxX or ask on the OCC thread

There's also a sample profile you can use and tweak if you want on the profile thread.

5,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
User Image
Connections

Any rumors, relationships, crushes, friendships will go here.

✄ indicates someone hates another
➸ indicates someone has a secret crush on another
❦ indicates friendship between two
❥ indicates romantic relationship
✦ indicates family

Harley Quinn ❦❦ Poison Ivy

Bruce Wayne ✦✦ Robin

Poison Ivy ✄✄ Joker/Jack White

Edward Nigma ➸➸ Harley Quinn

Clark Kent ❦❦ Edward Nigma

updated 10/4/11

5,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
User Image
Announcements

currently closed, but accepting apps biggrin

9/7/11--We have someone applied to be the Batman :3 Now all we need is profiles and we can start!

Just kidding, they backed out. gonk

9/20/11- Will be starting soon! Make sure to take a look at the resource post biggrin

5,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
User Image
The Bulletin Board

• Every student has their own room as well as mandatory lights out at 10 pm. Some students are granted access out of their rooms after supper and are not required to be locked in every night, but most are not.

• All students are required to attend mandatory one on one counseling sessions, if one comes to homeroom without having their pass signed, you will receive detention or lose privileges

• Class starts at 9 am and one on one sessions start at 7:30, sessions rotate times so make sure you check with your counselor to see what time your next session commences.

• Phone times, late lights out on weekends, and permission to go to the mall on weekends are all privileges, not rights. These privileges can be revoked at anytime for any reason.

• Whoever has been defacing Dr. Arkham's statue will be found and the following punishment will result in loss of privileges.

• Also, whoever stole all the cherries from the kitchen to deface Dr. Arkham's statue, will be caught and punished along with the defacer.

• [[check for new information- if you have a question, feel free to ask and I'll answer it here]]

5,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
User Image
Calender

As of right now, the current time and date:

Monday || [b12 noon || Lunch

5,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200

5,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200

5,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
User Image

Our lovely banner~

5,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200

5,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
We are now OPEN

5,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
User Image
User Image

"So Jack, How are you feeling today?" came the soothing voice from across the desk. Jack White was the name he gave the police when he was caught stealing the cherry pastries. He liked how it sounded. Jack White he thought as the young man slumped in the chair, Sounds like the punchline of a good joke. he smirked at the thought, but it fell from his face as he tried to figure out what the rest of it would be. "Jack, did you hear me?" came the voice again, infuriating him. The young man's eyes flickered up to the counselor. It was the third one since Friday. It had become a game to Jack, or as he decided to be called...

"Call me Joker, Doc." He said lazily, leaning back in the chair. The Joker smiled broadly at the man, relishing how he flinched at the gesture. He had unnaturally pale skin. Many have asked him how it happened, but he changed stories each time. Currently the story was that he was pushed into acid by a masked vigilante. Of course that's not what caused his facial disfigurement. That was just make up. The masked vigilante though wasn't just a story. It was some one he had ran across in his "adventures" in the fair city of Gotham. It was a niggling thought, a bother that he couldn't let go of. The Joker had started doing more and more outrageous crimes every night until he was caught, trying to lure out the dark protector again. He snapped back to the present as the doctor cleared his throat.

"Jack, that's not a name, that's a title. Now, I'm going over your file, and it seems that Dr. Jones felt that you suffer from multiple personality disorder. I can't help but feel this is a misdiagnosis." He looked at the counselor as he propped his feet up on the desk. He feigned interest, eyes widening as his smile grew.

"That's very interesting, Doc, I personally always thought I was a Cancer, but you seem to know what you're doing." He mused, laughing as the doctor began rubbing his temples. He straightened up suddenly, the small falling from his face. "Do you want to know the truth, Doc? Something I've never told anyone before?"

"Is it another joke, Jack?" He pressed on, acting as though he didn't hear the doctor's exasperated question. He leaned back in the chair, putting his hand over his eyes. "I used to be a football star. I was, small enough to be a QB, it was fantastic. Girls, drinks, ect, ect. But then I ran too hard, too fast! I took out a young man and he died. I was torn up by it, I really was." Joker finished miserably. He looked down at his feet, hands over his face. He peeked up at the counselor. Dr. Smith sighed as he held up another file. "Jack, that's Clark's file. How did you find it? Were you out after curfew again?" Joker sat up, displeased that his joke had been ruined.

He stood up, stretching. "Well, Doc, that's my act for the day. I'll see you tomorrow." He pulled the door open, ignoring the protests from Dr. Smith, even as he yelled that he was banned from desserts. He froze momentarily, trying to wrack his memory about what dessert was today. Joker smiled and kept walking. He hated pudding. It was no skin off his nose. So to speak. He skipped down the hall happily, passing a few students in the office waiting for their turn with one of the counselors. "Jimmy crack cocaine, and I don't care, Jimmy crack cocaine, and I don't care!" He sang merrily as he slid to a stop outside his homeroom. Joker fumbled for the pass he stole off the desk before he walked in,patting down the front of his uniform.

"Ah ha!" He yelled in triumph as he found it in his back pocket. He opened the door to see that no one had made it out of counseling yet. Joker smiled and sat in the front row, dead center, much to the dismay of the English teacher. He grinned at her until she turned around, writing terms on the board. Joker wasn't sure if this was his first class, but then again, the teachers probably didn't know either. He hadn't gone to more than one or two classes so far. He would try this one out for today.

5,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Pamela Lillian Isley sat up in her bed, smiling as she saw that some of her plants had bloomed while she slept. She leaned over, kissing the blossoms lightly. "Mama's here, my loves." She crooned to the flowers. One twined around her hand nuzzling against her. To Lily, or Ivy as she liked to be called now, these plants were her family, her babies, her life. People simply didn't understand. They didn't understand how she felt about them, how important they were, not just to her, but to the world.

No, they just stomped all over them. Ivy's pink lips curled. She hated people, well most people. She liked her friend, Harley. She thought on the pretty blonde with a smile as she cleaned up her room, positioning certain plants so they would be hit by the sun perfectly. Ivy had grown her newest plant with her in mind. The blooms only opened for a short time when the evening sun hit them, and they opened up into bright scarlet and ebony blooms. Ivy would say that Harley was her only friend, but really what did she care? She didn't like anyone else really.

I guess that's not entirely true. Ivy thought as she put on the uniform for Arkham school, a black shirt, black knee socks, white shirt, black blazer with a patch with the school crest. Ivy liked the male teachers and staff a lot, they were so easily to manipulate when she used her talents. She brushed her scarlet hair, picking up a pink blossom that had fallen off one of her plants in the night, tucking it behind her ear. Ivy gave herself a once over in the mirror before heading down the stairs.

Ivy smiled as she saw heads turn when she flounced down the hallway. She liked being in control of herself and others. It was fantastic. She sighed contently as she sat down in her counselor's office, waiting for her usual ten minute meeting. Ivy just had to flip her hair and coo sweet words to get her slip signed. At first it was ridiculous, the counselors wanted her to say how sorry she was for blowing up up big oil companies (which she wasn't), and to promise she'd never do it again, (she wouldn't lie), but now she just batted her eyelashes and was out quicker than Jack White.

That was another thorn in her side, she scowled at the thought of that nasty boy. For some reason she could not understand, Harley was in love with the fool. He was borderline abusive to her, apathetic and cruel, but yet Ivy was the one hearing her cry and sigh his merits. It was enough to make her want to blow up another building. Ivy straightened and pushed those thoughts out of her mind. She smiled sunnily at her counselor. He looked befuddled for a second and the rest was history.

As Ivy walked down the hall, she looked for her friend Harley, expecting to see blond pigtails bouncing any second.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces