Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Shapeshifter

Backstory

Long ago on an ancient land their lived a tribe of furries. They were all different species (Lions, Wolves, Bears), but they all got along. They had their quarks and differences, but they had an understanding of who was to do what and what all needed to be done. This balanced life that they had changed quickly however when suddenly some new people came to the area. These people didn’t have fur or ears (that were visible anyway) or even a tail. They also spoke in a weird accent that was sometimes hard to understand. The furries didn’t understand what to do with them, but after some conversation they decided to allow these new beings to stick around as long as they listened to the tribal rules.

After a while, more of these beings (they called themselves humans) came along. The furries weren’t too pleased with this, but didn’t say anything at first. It wasn’t until the humans started messing with nature and avoiding the tribal rules that anything bad started to happen. The humans were killing the nature and ruining the furries environment, and the furries knew that they had to stop it. They had a meeting with the humans, who promised to stop, and everything was better for a couple more weeks, but the humans proved that they weren’t going to be able to stop themselves from hurting nature, so a war broke out between the humans and furries.

The war lasted for what felt like years, but in reality was only about one year. The furries had been winning for the longest time, but the humans had come up with some clever tactics and had weapons that the furries had said were unnatural and weren’t allowed. These weapons shot things that hurt the furries and killed them instantly on most occasions or they would severely injure them. The furries didn’t know how to counter these weapons, and by the time they figured out what was going on, they were down in numbers.

By the time the war ended, both sides were dwindling in numbers. The furries fled from their homeland due to the fact that the humans that were left still had these weapon things that could make the furries go completely instinct. The furries made their way across the land that only showed once every ten years (water rose above the land for the majority of time, but once every ten years the water went down). The furries avoided the land where they were born, living on this new land and trying to get used to it. They had much sorrow for the land that they lost, but the elders said that they were to never return.

Friendly Shapeshifter

Today's Story..

It has been many years since the wars between the furries and the humans. The furries that are around today have heard the stories about the past and the wars, but the furries have now put it off as a story that the elders put together to stop them from going across the land that never shows. Though the furries are pleased with the area they are in, they are starting to expand and some of the furries are curious enough that they may just cross the land that never shows when the water decreases within the next couple of days.

The humans that live on the ancient lands still have told the story through the generations as well, but in a different way. They tell it like a bed time story now, giving their kids confidence that they could beat anything that came their way and that they would always be able to protect them. Some of the humans realize that the stories were true, or at least had a possiblitiy of being true, but most of the humans thought the stories were just stories, and were not prepared if furries ever did truly show up.

The two worlds are about to collide again. How will the two sides react when they see each other? Their worlds are about to change. Will they accept the change and embrace it, or will they start another war in which neither will survive? Only seeing the story through will tell

Friendly Shapeshifter

The Rules/Facts (MUST BE OBEYED OR I EAT YOU pirate )

1. Follow Gaia rules (you know what I mean): if there is anything that you could get banned from gaia from, or if you could be in danger of being warned for breaking one of gaia's rules, you will be kicked out. There will only be 1 warning.

2. No Godmodding!: Everyone should know what this means. Don't control other people's characters, give others a chance to reply, no auto hitting. Get it? Good biggrin

3. Minimum Swearing: I don't want swearing every other word. If your character is ticked off, they may swear, but I don't want them swearing like a sailor. The maximum swear word count is 3 per post.

4. Semi to Lit please: I don't want any one liners in this roleplay. I understand writers block, and I will allow shorter posts once in a while, but I want at least five sentences (more than three words) per post. No more then three lengthy paragraphs (5-10 sentences a paragraph).

5. Must stay active: Post at least once a week, more if you can. I understand that everyone is busy and/or can get really busy at times, that is fine. If you're going to be away let me know so that we can do something with you character.

6. Be kind: When out of character be kind to the others in this roleplay. I don't want fighting or screaming at each other. if you have a problem with someone then let me know and we can talk it out.

7. Romance and Violence: Romance and Violence are both allowed, but don't go overboard. With romance, once the clothes come off fade to black and time skip. No over detailing romance, this roleplay isn't for that. When it comes to violence, it's allowed but no giving overly gorey details, there may be kids here people!

8. Profiles: Title all furry profiles "It was our land" and all human profiles "Life is so good". Send all profiles to me and do not post to the roleplay until I have told you you are accepted. All profiles need to have a heart and siron in them somewhere so that I know you read these.

Friendly Shapeshifter

Some possible need to know information:

Furries: Furries are animals that function like humans (for those of you who didn't know). The furries in this roleplay are going to be very nature oriented and like their traditions. They don't believe in the human technology and they believe that the humans are living the wrong way of life.

Humans: Humans like technology and think that they are always right (or at least most do, you can be different). Humans may be freaked out by furries when they first meet. They don't always realize what they do to nature when they use their technology and build many things.

Important links: (will be updated)

OOC: X

Profiles: X

Devoted Codger

It's All in the Natural Selection~ (Profile Skelly)

[(insert desired color here]Well hello there, my name is:
But you can also call me (Nicknames, if any):
I am a proud member of my race (Species, either furry or human):
I believe myself to be a (Gender):
Don't I look absolutely (insert random adjective here)? (Picture or description):
Love is not just a circle, but a complex series of paths, this is the path I choose (Sexual Orientation, straight, gay, bi, etc.):
Many say that my demeanor is (Personality):
These are a few of my favorite things~ (Likes):
Do NOT let me near any of these things (Dislikes):
It may or may not be ugly, but this is the story of my life so far (Bio):
Oh, and by the way... (Other, if applicable):
I get a little light-hearted whenever I hear this tune (Theme song, optional):
The one I give my prayers to (Username): [/color]

5,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image
Zaire

"Bye, Mom!" No response,as usual. He rolls his reddish-pink eyes and sets off into the nearby trees, away from the shelter he and his family calls home. He stretches his arms up as he walks and yawns, exposing his sharp, white teeth as he does so, his ears pulling back. Lowering his arms, he steps into the shade, immediately feeling the air cool down by a couple degrees. Sighing, he finds the giant boulder he likes to use and jumps up, sitting down on the cool rock.

He pulls the bone he's been working on out of his pocket and inspects it. He recieved the bone from some unfortunate animal that had died because of the circle of life. After talking to nature, making sure he was allowed to take the bone, he had found the one he liked. And here it is in his hand, picked clean, by him, after he had retrieved it about a week ago. He picks up the sharp rock next to him that he had setting on the boulder for a while and picks away at the bone, making it back into the sharp point he likes to use as a 'weapon' or when he just needs it to tear into his food. Usually, it's to tear into his food. He has never had to use it as a weapon before.

After a tiny bit of time, he pokes the tip of his finger to the bone, satisfied with the point. He puts the rock back on the boulder and slips off, his padded gray-ish feet (his family has blackish feet), on the ground with no noise whatsoever. He puts the bone-pick where he normally keeps it hooked on his pants and flexes his fingers. He leans his back against the boulder, feeling the coolness of it seep into his blonde-ish fur, cooling him down. He has the urge to just open his mouth and let his tongue loll out to help cool him down. After a few minutes, he gives in and does so, panting. He closes his eyes and rests for some minutes.

(( The look of my layout here will improve later. I had to be quick. ))

Friendly Shapeshifter

Jennifer Anne Baxter ~Call me Jenny~

User Image

Jenny's ears laid back some as she looked around. She had been out exploring the forest when she ran into this big bird that didn't want to get out of her way. He seemed to think it was fun to pick on woman, and Jenny knew that he would learn his lesson if he didn't move soon enough. "Listen, buster, either get out of my way or suffer the consequences." She stated in an angered tone. "Oh 'suffer the consequences' huh? What are you going to do to me, girly?" The moment the word girly was out of his mouth, the bird furry realized that he had made a mistake. Jenny growled deeply and grabbed hold of the guys wrist. She twisted sharply and stopped right before she would break the wrist. She then swung around, still holding his wrist, and elbowed him straight in the gut. After that she let go of his wrist, twisted around and kicked him with the back of her foot on his side.
For a moment, Jenny just stood their looking at the guy who was obviously in pain. She smiled a moment before speaking in a completely kind matter. "Now, Sir, would you please move out of the way for this girly before she loses her temper?" She put emphasis on the word girly to show that she wasn't too pleased with the word. As the bird furry moved out of Jenny's way, she gave him a slight nod of the head and walked on by him. "That will teach him to mess with girls." She muttered as she walked. She was heading off towards the land that almost never shows. The water was still upon the land as of right now, but it was obvious that the water was dropping down, and Jenny was curious to see what was on the other side.

Romantic Werewolf

User Image
Jake Racer
Jake went over his list twice of the things he would need. He had food and water. He had a tent. He also had a dagger if he ran into trouble. A few matches and a flashlight for when it got dark. He smiled and started putting everything into his bag. As he looked around he noticed he had forgotten his sleeping bag. He went and got it and put it in his bag to. He grinned and zipped it closed and stood up. He grabbed his map and headed out the door, making sure to lock it. He was soon heading down the street and stopped in front of Yuki's house. He really hoped she wouldn't be to worried about him. He would go tell her that he was leaving but it was still really early. He shook his head and continued walking. Soon he was in the forest heading towards the land bridge that appeared every few years. His dad had found it and said he would like to explore what was on the other side but he was way to scared to do it when he was younger and now he was to old for an adventure. Jake was also a little scared but his excitement was bigger then his fear. He looked at is map making sure he was going the right way before he closed it and put it away.

Devoted Prophet

19,525 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
User Image
Yuki Rose

Rose smiled softly, as she rubbed her eyes a little. As she yawned some, having just woken up she had heard that her friend was going into the woods, so she had decided to pack her things to go along. She smiled some as she felt around for her bag, and her cane she could make out small things as she grabbed them before she brushed her hair. and did her teeth, she then ran out of her house, after she gave her grandmother a kiss on the cheek. Before she had went out of the small house, she then slowly pulled out her cane and began to let it feel for her, as it hit the ground.

She smiled till she was right behind jake, she then hugged him from behind "Your not going alone Jakey i'm coming with you" she smiled, at him even though she was part blind. She wanted to go on an adventure very badly.

Romantic Werewolf

User Image
Jake Racer
Jake was surprised when Yuki suddenly hugged him from behind. He also sighed when she called him Jakey. "Why do you still call me that?" He asked turning around. She called him that ever since they first met even though he hated it. "Also are you sure you should be coming along. I mean I know you might be able to see a little during the day but at night you would be totally blind." He said a little worried. He sighed and shook his head knowing she wouldn't listen to reason. "Never mind, come on. We have to get as close as we can before night. The land bridge is going to appear soon. I've tracked it and the water is getting lower everyday! I can't wait to explore in that region, we might even find a furrie!" He said happily as he started walking.

Devoted Prophet

19,525 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
User Image
Yuki Rose

Rose gave him her pouty face, but grinned some knowing she won. She giggled some "Because we are bestfriends thats why, and i'll be ok i have my cane" she said motioning to it, as she walked beside him she smiled at the word furries. She remember how her parents had read her stories about the furries. She had loved the stories, and now she was going into the furries land.

She smiled softly, as she moved her cane around as the sun shimmered off her pale blue eyes, a couple years back she had became blind after. She had gotten into a car crash with her parents, sadly they didn't make it while rose did but a sharp piece of metal had blinded her some so seeing was out of the picture a little bit.

Romantic Werewolf

User Image
Jake Racer
Jake sighed and shook his head. That was always her answer. "If we do find Furries what do you think they will be like?" He asked thinking about it. "I'm pretty sure there nothing like the story since it's probably changed over the years." He said pulling out his map and checking it again. He was really excited now. They where only a few miles away now! He closed his map and stopped. "Let's take a break. We still have a few miles to walk." He said sitting down on the soft grass and leaning up against a tree.

5,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image
Zaire

Zaire sighed, cooled down some by the boulder he has been leaning on. Pushing himself off, he closed his mouth and made sure his bone-pick was secured on his pants made of deer cloth. He sniffed at the air before walking off, in a direction that he believed to be the right way to the special land bridge that only appeared every ten years. He lifted his lips into a grin and cackled some, happy at the thought of leaving this island to do his own thing. He just might miss his family, but, maybe not.

The wind shifted directions and a scent filled Zaire's nostrils. The scent was pleasant, at least. He could tell that it was someone of his own kind, a furry, that is, and not some regular animal. He began off in that direction, hopping over some branches and shrubs. Maybe this furry would be looking for the same place he was and probably going on the same adventure! He smiled this time at the thought, his fluffy tail wagging and his ears perking erect.

After a few minutes, he knew he was much closer... By much, it was by a few feet. At the closer proximity, he could tell this furry was a female. Being too excited, he jumped maybe a little to late and tripped, making a lot of noise as he crashed to the ground with a thud. "Ah!" Well, at least the furry may know he was here? But what if she thinks I'm a stalker? ... Guess we'll find out soon enough.

(( Cassie, think I should make a human too? ))

Friendly Shapeshifter

Jennifer Anne Baxter ~Call me Jenny~

User Image

Jenny was almost to the opening in the woods where the land that almost never showed was when she heard something. Her ear went back slightly before she turned and stared at another wolf furry who laid on the ground before her. She gave a shake of her head before offering a hand out. "Hello there. Can I help you with something?" She asked in a polite manner. She didn't know if he had been following her or not, but the fact that he was looking at her. She waited long enough for him to take her hand and her to help him up, if he wished for it that way, before she turned.
She looked through the trees at the land. The water was decreasing quickly at this point, and she knew that the bridge like land would be showing for a year before it was hidden again, but she was eager to go across. The eagerness might have shown a bit before she turned and looked at the boy who had fallen. "What are you doing so far from the villagers?" She asked curiously, wondering if he was looking for the same thing as she was.

((Sorry if it's a bit short. . And Mhisti, you can create as many characters as you wish as long as you can handle them all xD))

5,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image
Zaire

Zaire sat up, rubbing the dirt that stuck to his fur off, his ears back. He moves his reddish-pink eyes to her, a wolf furry with beautiful gray fur and blue eyes. He smiles in a dofus-manner, looking at her hand for a moment. He takes her gorgeous hand in his bigger, fluffy one and stands up, "Hi! Actually, I was wondering if you were planning on going across that land bridge. It might sound weird, but when I caught your scent, I kinda had to see." His tail went wagging fast and his voice was probably a little sped up.

Retrieving his hand, he wiped the rest of the dirt off his sandy fur. It may not be noticable, but he didn't really want his fur to be dusty. When she asked why he was far away from the villagers he smiled again, "I was planning on going across that land bridge myself. If I didn't find anyone who was willing for me to follow, I'd do it alone. I don't care if there is a possibility of stupid humans being beyond there. They're just fairy tales, right?" He realized that he was probably rambling and snapped his jaws shut, looking at her curiously.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff