Welcome to Gaia! ::

Did you miss me?

Im baaaccckkk 0.38181818181818 38.2% [ 168 ]
Bitches 0.61818181818182 61.8% [ 272 ]
Total Votes:[ 440 ]

Eloquent Vampire

Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
Jagger-Wolf

Probably around the 6 month point. Like right when it would be fully healed and start really settling down, it just decides "Nope, I dun wanna" and starts forcing itself from my skin. Mine actually popped out completely on their own, I didn't have the opportunity to have them removed because the piercer who did them moved away, and his replacement didn't know how to do them, and didn't want to just remove them for me. stare

That's ridiculous. >.<

When you did have them did they ever catch on anything?
Researching dermals a lot of people seem to get them on their wrist and catch them on everything. Which is about as surprising as a sunny day in July, but still.
Yeah. Which is why piercings on the hands or wrists at all is a terrible ******** idea. rolleyes

I didn't notice them catching on stuff too much, maybe a bit early on while getting used to them, as happens with most all new piercings. Part of my problem may have been makeup, getting powder or mascara flakes into it and not flushing it out well enough afterward. So that's another thing to watch out for. If you wear a lot of makeup, be super, incredibly careful.
It's been a while since I was last in here.

Quite a lot's changed with me although the only main things of note with regards to mods are probably my bat swarm tattoo on my arm and n****e piercing.
I can't remember if I mentioned my golden snitch tattoo last time I was in here...

In other news, I'm engaged and growing a baby. (But the people who have me on facebook know that already.

heart

Questionable Prophet

Jagger-Wolf
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
Jagger-Wolf

Probably around the 6 month point. Like right when it would be fully healed and start really settling down, it just decides "Nope, I dun wanna" and starts forcing itself from my skin. Mine actually popped out completely on their own, I didn't have the opportunity to have them removed because the piercer who did them moved away, and his replacement didn't know how to do them, and didn't want to just remove them for me. stare

That's ridiculous. >.<

Researching dermals a lot of people seem to get them on their wrist and catch them on everything. Which is about as surprising as a sunny day in July, but still.
Yeah. Which is why piercings on the hands or wrists at all is a terrible ******** idea. rolleyes

I didn't notice them catching on stuff too much, maybe a bit early on while getting used to them, as happens with most all new piercings. Part of my problem may have been makeup, getting powder or mascara flakes into it and not flushing it out well enough afterward. So that's another thing to watch out for. If you wear a lot of makeup, be super, incredibly careful.

I don't really feel like the wrist dermals look that nice either.
They don't really accentuate anything.
But, eh.

Good to know. I'm a bit of a lazy make up wearer, but I didn't think of mascara.
Thanks for all the tips. heart
I'm going to wait until my industrial is healed up before getting it.

How did your line work heal up?

Eloquent Vampire

Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
Jagger-Wolf
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
Jagger-Wolf

That's ridiculous. >.<

But, eh.

Good to know. I'm a bit of a lazy make up wearer, but I didn't think of mascara.

Pretty good, actually. I got some areas of lighter color, they were super scabby and didn't appreciate the shower or me tossing and turning at night, so a little bit of that will have to be touched up. But my first round of color is in about 3 weeks, and the addition of my last required part (Japanese spider lilies), so I'll probably get most of the base colors in, and the spider lily line work done. He does quite a bit of work in 2 to 2.5 hours, I'm pretty impressed with his speed.

Questionable Prophet

Jagger-Wolf
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
Jagger-Wolf
Desi the fuzzy fluffhead
Jagger-Wolf

That's ridiculous. >.<

But, eh.

Pretty good, actually. I got some areas of lighter color, they were super scabby and didn't appreciate the shower or me tossing and turning at night, so a little bit of that will have to be touched up. But my first round of color is in about 3 weeks, and the addition of my last required part (Japanese spider lilies), so I'll probably get most of the base colors in, and the spider lily line work done. He does quite a bit of work in 2 to 2.5 hours, I'm pretty impressed with his speed.

Awesome!

Speed is so great. It makes the pain more bearable and it really feels like your getting the best bang for your buck.
The spider lilies are going to be so interesting. heart

Lonely Friend

6,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
It's been a long, long time since I've posted here! What's up, guys?! blaugh

I have a small question. I've had two nose piercings for several years. How long do you think I could reasonably have jewelry out for before they close up? I don't plan to have them out for too long, maybe an hour or so and I'd hate for them to close up.

Eloquent Vampire

Sailorgalaxy
It's been a long, long time since I've posted here! What's up, guys?! blaugh

I have a small question. I've had two nose piercings for several years. How long do you think I could reasonably have jewelry out for before they close up? I don't plan to have them out for too long, maybe an hour or so and I'd hate for them to close up.
When in doubt, don't. My industrial was 5 years old, and when I took the jewelry out, it was gone in 30 minutes. Now I may just be Wolverine, since all of my other piercings were similar, but to be safe, get a retainer of some sort rather than going without.

Ladykiller

Probably been, like, four+ years since I've been in this thread. Hello again!

I'm actually wondering about burns and tattoos. I recently burned my inner forearm and although it wasn't really bad, it is still rather discoloured. It is still healing, so it'd be a ways off anyways before I would get a consult (not to mention I have to save a great deal), but it is something that is a bit concerning as it is right smack dab in the middle of my arm where I was planning to get a piece done.

Much of what I've found online was about either burning an already done tattoo or severe burns and getting stuff to cover them. I'm just concerned the discolouration could change ink colours over or that it would just settle wrong.

Thank you!

Lonely Friend

6,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Thank you Jagger and sait.

I've ordered some retainers for all of my piercings since BAF is having a 30% off sale. <3

Also ordered a couple other pretty things. Ngl, I'm excited, it's been quite awhile since I've had any new jewelry.

Eloquent Vampire

First round of color on my sleeve's new parts is done! I also got the line work for all the rest of the flowers. My next appointment was supposed to be end of this month, but I'm 90% sure I'll be training for a new job at that time, so I had to reschedule for June, his next available appointment. He's always booked solid.

I'll get pictures a little bit later. Right now I'm super hungry and kinda stressed out from the s**t drive that is here to SLC. stare

Eloquent Vampire

First round of color on the new stuff done! I also got the line work for the rest of the flowers done. Just so we're clear: the elbow bone, and the wrist and radial bones ********. SUCK. I am not looking forward to coloring the chrysanthemum on my elbow... crying

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Lonely Friend

6,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I love BAF! My order shipped last Friday and I received it Monday, even though I only got basic shipping. It was a great surprise. <3

Fashionable Capitalist

18,475 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I found this thread when I was like 13 and it's 5 years later. Gonna turn 18 in 3 days and I'm deciding if I want a belly ring or nose ring as my first non ear piercing. Still gotta decide.

Lonely Friend

6,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
ii is Aquaxox
I found this thread when I was like 13 and it's 5 years later. Gonna turn 18 in 3 days and I'm deciding if I want a belly ring or nose ring as my first non ear piercing. Still gotta decide.

I found this thread 5 or 6 years ago as well. Funny how time flies.

Shame it seems dead now though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces