Bitches 0.61818181818182 61.8% [ 272 ]
Total Votes:[ 440 ]

Eloquent Vampire

LESLEY THE UGLY DALMATIAN
Jagger-Wolf
LESLEY THE UGLY DALMATIAN
I guess no one has advice for me? stressed
s**t gets lost/overlooked on occasion.

A big part of a tattooists job is either drawing up unique works of art, or at least finishing up/polishing what a client brings in. Any tattooist worth their machine will work with you on your design, based on any reference pictures you may have, mock ups in various stages, etc.

For hair stuff, just stop using chemicals. Especially crap box dye chemicals. It seems like your hair isn't holding color anymore because you've done so much to it it just can't. By using semi-permanent colors, it'll just wash out fairly quickly and reveal even more oddly stained ends as it does. The top holds color better because it's newer, less processed hair. The bottom is older and more processed and more exposed to other environmental damage, so it's going to die first.

Shell out the money and go to a salon, have them remove the colors as best they can, then have them color as close to your natural over the top as possible. And then baby the hell out of your hair, and don't do any more color processes to it for at least a year. Give your hair time to grow out new hair and replace the over-processed stuff. Some people's hair just can't take too many chemical processes before it gives up the ghost, and it sounds like you've reached that point.

It's okay, I just wanted info from people who seem knowledgeable on the matter ^_^
I'll drop by with my design since I'm not quite happy with it and ask for their advice, I just wasn't sure if that was an extra charge or not.

So even if I use stuff like SFX it's still not good for the hair? SFX seems to be holding on a lot better. On top of red protein fillers....I don't plan on doing any more permanent colors.!
It's still a semi-permanent color, or demi I'm not fully sure. Either way, it's not a permanent and it will still wash out over time. How long that takes depends on a lot of factors, mostly how you wash and take care of your hair.

Either way, stop using chemicals. Protein fillers don't do anything to help your hair health or repair damage, they just mask problems. Get all the color removed professionally, have those same professionals color your hair back to as close as natural as possible, and just leave it all alone for at least a year, getting regular trims to get rid of the dead ends.

Bashful Strawberry

Does anyone know about any upcoming BAF coupons? I was going to buy the BAF calender this year, but we got 3 calenders from my in-laws for Christmas, so, it seemed kind of frivolous sweatdrop
Thank you!! heart

O.G. Fatcat

6,625 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Dressed Up 200
So, I just randomly found this fourm and thought I might as well share what I have and my experiences and such. I know I really don't have much yet. But keep in mind I am 15 and jobless. But I'm not stupid and got all of them (besides my ear lobe piercings) done by a professional piercer. I have 3 in each ear lobe, all done at claire's when i was younger. My first earlobe piercings are currently at a 2g and I'm planning on going up to a 0g sometime next month. I also have my helix in my right ear. And it was a pissy lil thing as it was healing because I sleep on my sides. And last but not least I have my septum. It was a really easy piercing, minimal pain, no issues. I've had it for a month now and I love it.
By the way, all my piercings have had parental consent.
Hurrah for doing things right! XD I think you'll fit right in.

Magical Cutesmasher

11,250 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Clambake 200
insufferableStrider
So, I just randomly found this fourm and thought I might as well share what I have and my experiences and such. I know I really don't have much yet. But keep in mind I am 15 and jobless. But I'm not stupid and got all of them (besides my ear lobe piercings) done by a professional piercer. I have 3 in each ear lobe, all done at claire's when i was younger. My first earlobe piercings are currently at a 2g and I'm planning on going up to a 0g sometime next month. I also have my helix in my right ear. And it was a pissy lil thing as it was healing because I sleep on my sides. And last but not least I have my septum. It was a really easy piercing, minimal pain, no issues. I've had it for a month now and I love it.
By the way, all my piercings have had parental consent.

emotion_puke URGH. I hate hearing when parents take their kids to mall piercers. -vomits-
Jagger-Wolf
Rose Sorbet
Would hydroquinone affect tattoos in any way? I want to lighten my overall complexion but I don't want my tattoos to fade.
It's probably not a good idea. Tattoos are under the skin, but even so, using chemicals on your skin could have adverse effects if they penetrate deep enough or remove the epidermis enough to expose the tattoo underneath.

In a nutshell, there are 3 main layers to your skin; the epidermis, the dermis, and then the layer of fatty tissue underneath. Tattoos rest in the second layer, where they remain in a liquid state.

User Image

So long as whatever you're doing does not impact that second layer of skin, the dermis, you should be fine. But there are safer, healthier ways to lighten your skin than by using chemicals.

Rose Sorbet

Let me go grab my education binder from when I attended Science of Sephora.
It should have an answer, as I feel like we spent a good chunk of time discussing the depth of which skincare absorbs into the skin.
I'll be right back!
Rose Sorbet
LUX AURUMQU3

...and what is your problem?

Excuse me...?
You had posted asking about the effect of hydroquinone on tattoos.
It's an ingredient in some skincare products (Ole Henriksen has one that I know of), and when I attended a week long education conference for work, we spent a few days on skincare education, including physiology of skin and such.
I was trying to see if I could answer whether hydroquinone would be safe.
Sorry for trying to help.
LUX AURUMQU3
Rose Sorbet
LUX AURUMQU3

Excuse me...?
It's an ingredient in some skincare products (Ole Henriksen has one that I know of), and when I attended a week long education conference for work, we spent a few days on skincare education, including physiology of skin and such.

Why did you edit my post when you quoted me?
Rose Sorbet
LUX AURUMQU3
Rose Sorbet
LUX AURUMQU3

Excuse me...?

Why did you edit my post when you quoted me?

I didn't edit your post, I quoted Jagger and then added a quote box with your username so that you would be notified that I was looking for an answer.

Tipsy Ladykiller

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Clambake 200
'sup bitches, 'sup sluts?!?! lol I have a computer again! Yay debt!

Other than that...no mod related news, sadly. Still waiting on Haworth and his awesome ideas to happen. Just saw his new flexible sili's, which gave me another want/idea sweatdrop
Jagger-Wolf

Rose Sorbet

So skincare products containing hydroquinone should be safe to use over tattoos.
From what I've read, hydroquinone does not penetrate past the dermal-epidermal junction, and since tattoos sit past the junction within the dermis, they shouldn't be affected.

Laura, I quoted you in this so that we have an answer to give if anyone else ever comes in asking about hydroquinone.
0oPICKITUPo0
'sup bitches, 'sup sluts?!?! lol I have a computer again! Yay debt!

Other than that...no mod related news, sadly. Still waiting on Haworth and his awesome ideas to happen. Just saw his new flexible sili's, which gave me another want/idea sweatdrop

My mod news is that I have to remove like 90% of my piercings for school next month.
I'm hiding my septum and wearing glass retainers in my nostrils, but if they notice the retainers I will have to remove those entirely for school.
My conch might be okay as long as I put jewelry back in after school since it's been around for 3+ years, but my year old tragus might be doomed.
I've already taken out my plugs to downsize my ears as much as possible, since earrings are not allowed, so alas no hider plugs.
I just have to keep telling myself that I can redo all of these things as necessary once school is over (and it's only a 6 1/2 month long program haha).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff