Welcome to Gaia! ::

Opinions on the genre 5SOS Fits into? I myself am personally a huge fan heart

High-functioning Daredevil

15,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
Not really pop punk, or punk at all. It's really just a boy band that can actually play instruments. There's really not much of a difference between these guys and probably those direction dudes. Whatever they are called. It looks like another band to pander to an audience to teenage girls for a profit. Not really caring for anything else.

They don't have charged lyrics like that of the S*x Pistols, Black Flag, The Ramones, Blink-182, or even Bad Brains that many punk bands used to have. They just seem like one of those bands that'll probably have some one hit wonder before forever fading into obscurity, much like that of Nine Days. A band that had one good song called Absolutely (Story of a Girl) while being signed on with Sony, until they got a little screwed over, before suddenly vanishing. Not entirely, but they had no other hit after that.

5SOS I guess as they liked to be called. Just seemed destined for being either something moderately big like those five directions guys. They'll be the next "big" thing if they play their cards right. Other than that there's nothing really to them. Non-inspirational targeted at kids while remaining in the wrong genre. They should really just be some regular pop rock like Maroon 5 or One Republic. But they are definitely not punk. The Dead Kennedys, The Misfits, Iggy and the Stooges, and most definitely The Clash could wipe the floor with 5SOS.

Blessed Worshipper

KillerPizzaGuy
S*x Pistols, Black Flag, The Ramones, Blink-182, or even Bad BrainsThe Dead Kennedys, The Misfits, Iggy and the Stooges, and most definitely The Clash
None of these bands are punk besides Blink-182 is punk. They fall into the classic rock category.

15,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
all the vvay turnt up
None of these bands are punk besides Blink-182 is punk. They fall into the classic rock category.

Isn't classic rock like 60's to 90's hard rock and blues rock? Well probably Queen too. So anthem rock as well?
KillerPizzaGuy
all the vvay turnt up

Isn't classic rock like 60's to 90's hard rock and blues rock? Well probably Queen too. So anthem rock as well?

90's?? 90's is classic rock now? holy s**t kids

15,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
bung life
90's?? 90's is classic rock now? holy s**t kids

Well it goes up to the late 80's and probably past the 60's too. It just depends on who sees it as that.

User Image

So then this is classic rock.
im a huge fan also heart but i personally think that they're pop rock. i mean they called themselves pop rock as well soo...
They're kind of a guilty pleasure for me, but by no means do I consider them "punk".
Pop-rock/emo/bubblegum pop

Daredevil

No. They are not punk.

They're a boy band (and it just so happens that they actually do play instruments.)

I'm not here to bash them or any fans, but I'm willing to bet that this doesn't belong here.

Vegan

16,675 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Team Devin 200
KillerPizzaGuy
Not really pop punk, or punk at all. It's really just a boy band that can actually play instruments. There's really not much of a difference between these guys and probably those direction dudes. Whatever they are called. It looks like another band to pander to an audience to teenage girls for a profit. Not really caring for anything else.

They don't have charged lyrics like that of the S*x Pistols, Black Flag, The Ramones, Blink-182, or even Bad Brains that many punk bands used to have. They just seem like one of those bands that'll probably have some one hit wonder before forever fading into obscurity, much like that of Nine Days. A band that had one good song called Absolutely (Story of a Girl) while being signed on with Sony, until they got a little screwed over, before suddenly vanishing. Not entirely, but they had no other hit after that.

5SOS I guess as they liked to be called. Just seemed destined for being either something moderately big like those five directions guys. They'll be the next "big" thing if they play their cards right. Other than that there's nothing really to them. Non-inspirational targeted at kids while remaining in the wrong genre. They should really just be some regular pop rock like Maroon 5 or One Republic. But they are definitely not punk. The Dead Kennedys, The Misfits, Iggy and the Stooges, and most definitely The Clash could wipe the floor with 5SOS.

Preach.

Big Smoker

bubblegum pop more so.

15,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
Aimozz
bubblegum pop more so.

... You have a point. O-O ...

Demonic Smoker

6,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Demonic Associate 100
KillerPizzaGuy

Ohmygod I totally agree. They will never be punk unless they completely change their music style.

Kawaii Sweetheart

13,000 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Mark Twain 100
all the vvay turnt up
KillerPizzaGuy
S*x Pistols, Black Flag, The Ramones, Blink-182, or even Bad BrainsThe Dead Kennedys, The Misfits, Iggy and the Stooges, and most definitely The Clash

I disagree. When I think of Classic Rock, I think more along the lines of Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, I don't consider any of the bands listed "classic rock"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff