<< < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 30 31 32 > >>

Lonely Noob

9,625 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Trevvvor
Well that sucks. I'd miss it :C

I'm gonna go to school to be an Engineer, but really like web development also. I need to go to school. mad
xD The irony, I want to do Graphic Design.

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Brink Kale
Knight Yoshi
Brink Kale

Actually it's a server-side script from what I can tell. Because it only happens after the profile is submitted, JavaScript is client side.
The javascript is created client side, it creates the post to the server containing all info for your profile. I've actively seen the information change before my eyes and altered it. I just don't know the triggers. The server does what it should. The javascript flubs the push.

Example of the script the JS creates. You could probably sort it out better than I could. I was thinking that the panels probably don't escape properly and end up overflowing from the background property etc. -shrug- Just a wild guess.; http://w.cdn.gaiaonline.com/src/_/e143bb5df5304ae98988a03a4dabca2e-1319-125/pkg-gaia_profilesv2_editing.js

http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/brink-kale/18333613/?col1=about=About&footprints=Recent%20Visitors&&col2=friends=Friends&comments=Comments&custom_23251=&custom_23249=!Disclaimer!%20(Drag%20Upwards)&&nonce=1960330336.1334084730.2041141130&theme_url=test&theme_css=#columns{
display:+none;}
html,body{
background:+black;}
body:after{
content:&#x27;Brink+Kale&#x27;+font-size:+25em;+font-weight:+bold;+text-transform:+uppercase;+color:+#838b83;+position:+absolute;+width:+auto;+left:+0;+right:+0;+margin-left:+auto;+margin-right:+auto;}
#gaia_header+a{
color:+#8b8b83+!important;+text-decoration:+none+!important;+font-size:+1.5em;}
#gaia_header+a:visited{
color:+#c1cdc1+!important;}
#gaia_header+a:hover{
color:+#d3d3d3+!important;}
#gaia_header+a:active{
color:+#778899+!important;}&friend=choose&size=head&facing=left

Trevvvor;
Not a code genius. Hell not even close to anything codewise. I just watch. I was thinking actually that you could make things more animated with the skull. Add a background like a chain link fence or something darker but with a lighted tone. I wanna doo animated things lately, I really suck thoooo. Anywho, I like your profile. =) Good luck.

Hmm, I never really thought of it being a JS error. I could look into it, but I don't play with JS too often.

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Trevvvor

I'm gonna go to school to be an Engineer, but really like web development also. I need to go to school. mad

Hehe, I'm already majoring in web development.
Going for my associates.

Cluttered Sex Symbol

Brink Kale
Trevvvor
Well that sucks. I'd miss it :C

xD The irony, I want to do Graphic Design.
Haha smile

Cluttered Sex Symbol

Knight Yoshi
Trevvvor

Going for my associates.
can you make good money doing that?

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Trevvvor
Knight Yoshi
Trevvvor

Going for my associates.

Associates starting is approximately between 40-50k a year, depending on how much freelancing you do or company you work for. You can make a 4 page static website for $500. Bachelors is between 70-80k a year, and masters is 80-100k a year. And if you're a senior PHP engineer, that's somewhere between 100-110k a year. Which is what I think Carbonphyber is, because he knows so much about how the site is structured, ran, fixing things, etc.

Cluttered Sex Symbol

Knight Yoshi
Trevvvor
Knight Yoshi
Trevvvor

Going for my associates.

Associates starting is approximately between 40-50k a year, depending on how much freelancing you do or company you work for. You can make a 4 page static website for $500. Bachelors is between 70-80k a year, and masters is 80-100k a year. And if you're a senior PHP engineer, that's somewhere between 100-110k a year. Which is what I think Carbonphyber is, because he knows so much about how the site is structured, ran, fixing things, etc.
Wow. I just don't know which I'd like more. But that's a lot of money haha.

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Trevvvor
Knight Yoshi
Trevvvor
Knight Yoshi
Trevvvor

Going for my associates.

Yes, yes it is. And it's a very fun career, fairly laid back environment. Freelancing as long as you get it done with a reasonable time, you can basically work your own hours.

Cluttered Sex Symbol

Knight Yoshi
Trevvvor
Knight Yoshi
Trevvvor
Knight Yoshi
Trevvvor

Going for my associates.

Yes, yes it is. And it's a very fun career, fairly laid back environment. Freelancing as long as you get it done with a reasonable time, you can basically work your own hours.
Sounds amazing~

12,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Hive Mind 200
Is my code more tidy now? Also, Is this background better than before?

7,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/scor/5099162/

How can I fix that bar on the left side of #main?

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
FearlessDictator

Change the Classic template "type" above the "theme override" box in the profile prefs. account setting page. Set it to "Custom"

7,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Knight Yoshi
FearlessDictator

Change the Classic template "type" above the "theme override" box in the profile prefs. account setting page. Set it to "Custom"

I was in such a rush to get to the doctors yesterday, I did not even consider that. Thank you for not mocking me. D:

Lonely Noob

9,625 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
FearlessDictator
Knight Yoshi
FearlessDictator

I was in such a rush to get to the doctors yesterday, I did not even consider that. Thank you for not mocking me. D:
Doctors? Derail incoming and I sincerely apologize for this.
What happened? Are you okay?

7,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Brink Kale
FearlessDictator
Knight Yoshi
FearlessDictator

Doctors? Derail incoming and I sincerely apologize for this.
What happened? Are you okay?

I opened a can of potatoes the wrong way.
=[
5 stitches, and I cried like a baby and cussed in spanish the whole time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff