Welcome to Gaia! ::

Saxy Coder

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

August 2018... ♪

I'm officially adding a "deprecated" tag to the title of this thread due to the fact that most of the information in it is old.
      For those not aware: Gaia's profile media/multimedia panels function on Flash.
      This plug-in is dying and will officially be dropped by the end of 2020.
      Almost all of the media players in this guide operate on Flash, so this guide will become useless within the next 2 years.

Should Gaia reform their Profile system before then, I might be back to edit this guide with new media player(s)...
      But for now, it's just stuck in a sad limbo of "well, these technically WORK, but they're gonna die soon"

Currently, Youtube is the safest option for Media players, due to the fact that most browsers auto-convert Gaia's Flash player into the HTML5 version.
      Should that feature eventually fail, inserting a Youtube video into your About or Custom panel via the [youtube] tags works too.

Welcome... ♪

The purpose of this guide is to provide a list of all media players which can be embedded onto Gaiaonline profiles as well as instructions regarding how to use them.
      There was an older Adding Media Guide which did this in the past, but seeing as how it has not been updated for 5+ years, we saw it fit to write a new one.

These guides have been written in a guild in order to make them easier to manage as well as let others edit the thread if the original author leaves.
      We tried to use as few images as possible in order to avoid troubles which may occur due to the image host breaking and such.

The Guides... ♪

Saxy Coder

Frequently Asked Questions... ♪

My autoplay isn't working?
      If you're on Chrome, as of Chrome 66, autoplay is disabled by default. See this thread for more.
      Microsoft Edge disables autoplay by default but this setting cannot be changed.

How do you add a media player to your page?
      See this guide for a beginner's set of instructions to media player.

I'm having issues with my media?
      Please post the URL you are trying to use and make your profile publicly visible - this will benefit both of us and make it much easier to determine what is wrong.

Can I embed other media players aside from the ones listed here?
      If the player has a Flash widget, then the answer is likely "yes"
      A common one people ask about is SCM: This cannot be embedded since it is a Javascript player.

How do you hide your media?
      I really don't suggest doing this because it is very annoying for visitors of your page, but if you insist....
      Current: .media_panel{position: fixed !important; left: -9999px;}
      Classic: #multimedia{position: fixed !important; left: -9999px;}

Can I be an author/editor of this guide?
      Anyone is welcome to be an author! At the moment, we aren't really in need of any extras though ^^;

Update Log... ♪

05/06/2018 | Most browsers are close to killing off Flash for good, which means that this guide will most likely be deprecated soon.
      03/18/2017 | Youtube discontinued support for their Flash player again. See this post and replies for info.
      02/18/2017 | Hypster is broken, possibly due to a recent Youtube update. No word on when/if it will be fixed.
      08/17/2016 | Youtube has started working again, after a week of being broken. The guide for it has been restored.
      08/11/2016 | If your Youtube player is showing up as nothing but a black box, please see this post.
      07/03/2016 | The Youtube Guide has been completely re-written in order to reflect recent updates
      06/23/2016 | The AS2 player for Youtube may also now be broken. See this post for more info.
      06/17/2016 | All Youtube playlists are broken. See this post for more information and Fredy's Guide for playlist help.
      06/14/2016 | As of Firefox 47.0, all Youtube players convert into their HTML5 format. This change only affects Firefox users... for now.
      03/29/3016 | imgur blocked Gaia Firefox seems to be having issues with loading some of the media players. No permanent fix has been found yet.
      10/30/2015 | Soundcloud is dropping support for its Flash player, so its guide has been archived
      09/14/2015 | General "Idiots Guide to Media Players" has been added
      08/22/2015 | Zanorg mysteriously stopped working for the past week, so we are assuming it has closed.
      06/15/2015 | Muzicons has been added
      04/30/2015 | Grooveshark closed today, so the guide for that has been archived.
      04/05/2015 | Visual Spotter's Guide has been added
      02/21/2015 | aBowman has been added
      02/14/2015 | Flash Gear has been added, and we did a bit of cleaning on some other guides
      01/19/2015 | Zanorg has been added, and we have some signature banners
      01/16/2015 | Bandcamp and Vocaroo have been added!
      01/13/2015 | We forgot Bandcamp x: This will be added in a day or two.
      01/12/2015 | Public release! Come give us critiques?

Link the Guide... ♪

People often link this guide, so these are just some easy copy & paste codes.

[Guide] Adding Media to your Profile
      [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.95536461/][Guide] Adding Media to your Profile[/url]

User Image
      [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.95536461/][img]http://i.imgur.com/DvqCZfM.png[/img][/url]

Saxy Coder

- reserved -

Kindly Citizen

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Consumer 100
Hopefully this will lessen the amount of people asking about media.

Loyal Phantom

14,975 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tycoon 200
Was here <3

Time-traveling Hellhound

11,300 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
DarknessLoved1
Was here <3

classified_jet
classified_northkittenstar
cat_ninja

Beloved Darling

Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Confelicity
I was going to wait for you to respond... but I got too excited o v o ;;
▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

User ImageUser Image

`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••.¸¸.•´´¯`•´нєℓℓσ тнєяє♥User Image

Ha, it's okay smile I'd be excited, too. This is great! Though of course, I'm a little embarrassed for Dewplayer to be up there while some of its players have issues, though I suppose they do still function properly. But of course, more attention to that particular guide could warrant some help.

Nevertheless, I hope everyone finds this thread helpful ^^ I'm glad I joined you in amassing all this information.

User Image`•.¸¸.•´´¯`••.¸¸.•´´¯`•´

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
/ casually bumps back up
▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
emotion_zombie
▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Updated with new websites and toys c:
(One of our other guides also got a bit of a rewrite)

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Andddd updated again!
▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
// bumping up due to repeated questions about media recently
▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Rogue

Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
// bumping up due to repeated questions about media recently
▧▧▧▧▧▧▧
May I ask you a question? Of any of the other media sites you recommend, which ones have you seen the least problems with in regards to their media player? I didn't know that youtube.googleapis urls broke. Just noticed this when updating my profile. :<

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Redwing Rogue
May I ask you a question? Of any of the other media sites you recommend, which ones have you seen the least problems with in regards to their media player? I didn't know that youtube.googleapis urls broke. Just noticed this when updating my profile. :<
You can try using a different country's URL for the googleapis URLs... but it might have a copyright restriction ' w ' ;;

As far as other easy conversions though, Hypster allows you to easily import Youtube videos into a playlist, so you might be interested in that?

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Rogue

Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Redwing Rogue
You can try using a different country's URL for the googleapis URLs... but it might have a copyright restriction ' w ' ;;

As far as other easy conversions though, Hypster allows you to easily import Youtube videos into a playlist, so you might be interested in that?

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧
I'll check out hypster, I feel like I already have an account with them for some reason. I'd have to check. Also, that's just weird that they disconnected the url connections, was it something to do with google, other than copyright issues? I lack to see the issue.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff