Welcome to Gaia! ::

Like the idea?

yes! 0.75135135135135 75.1% [ 139 ]
no! 0.048648648648649 4.9% [ 9 ]
I DUNNO 0.2 20.0% [ 37 ]
Total Votes:[ 185 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 98 99 100 > >>

KUNIKU

Welcome to this B/C interest store! It may look and sound pretty familiar, this is because Kuniku as a store has already been open for a while. The art used to be individually drawn by me for each pet, and this turned out to be far too much work so i'm closing the store and completely remaking it with new templates.

At the moment i'm just working on the lineart, and looking to hir some colourists! Eventually I'll need a co-manager as well ;D Obviously the thread isn't very pretty yet, but i'll be working on graphics and such after the templates are done!

So uh... yeah feel free to hang around and chat, and give me any feedback you might have about the store! Doing lineart gets tedious and boring so i need people to chat to lol 8 8

Contents

1. Intro
2. To do list
3. Story+map
4. Stages+samples
5. ...Extra info
6. Co-manager Hiring Info
7. Applications
8. F.A.Q
9. Affiliates
To Do List

-Kuniku adult female+male lineart+templates
-Oni pup male+female lineart+templates
-Oni adult male+female lineart+templates
-Rosary+curse slip lineart+templates
-Hairstyle edits (at least 3 for each gender per species)
-Certs
-Graphics
-Map
-NPCS
-Store mule
-Hire colourists and co-manager
-Accessories
-Familiars

...omg look at all that stuff ; ;
Story+Map

User Image

Honshu
The main island of Nippon. The central city is here, along with the emperor's palace. This island is mainly temperate, and in winter snow falls on the northenmost end. Most of Honshu is covered with forests, valleys, and grasslands; and it is dotted with numerous villages and towns.

Hokkaido
This island is the most inhospitable, covered in ice and snow all year round. In the deepest of winter the sea between Honshu and Hokkaido freezes over, and it is possible to walk across. The people of Hokkaido live mainly near the coast where the snow isn't so bad, however there are a small isolated villages in the mountains.

Shikoku
This island is where the monks of Nippon congregate. A holy island, it is by far the smallest, and it's landscape is comprised mainly of cultivated gardens and walkways. Numerous temples have been built here, and kuniku are always welcomed. Oni cannot set foot here as the land is too holy.

Kyushu
A tropical island closer to the equator, the people here mainly rely on fishing for their economy, and so boats always dapple the sea. Any kuniku will find it easy to hop on a ship travelling between here and Honshu, as having a kuniku on board is considered good luck.

???
Called Kokuten by the people of Nippon, this is the mysterious island that the Oni have been seeping from. This is where the Oni King lives; far underground in the large temple that sprouts from the center of the island. This is where the Oni make their base. The island is covered in black ash, rocks, and twisted trees.

So, this breedables store obviously takes place in a setting very similar to that of ancient japan.
Basically the premise is that Oni (evil demons) have begun invading the four islands of Nippon from the north, and slaughtering humans. The gods saw and decided to create the Kuniku, a divine race born from the flesh of dogs. Their purpose is to protect the humans and life of Nippon and defeat the evil forces of the Oni!
Both Oni and Kuniku will be offered as pets, to lead to some interesting roleplay C: through plot events the origin of the Oni and identity of their King will slowly be revealed as well.
All Kuniku also gain an ability when they reach maturity, one blessed upon them by any small god that happens to be nearby when the Kuniku grows older. This means that these can range from things such as creating small snow flurries to things like being able to cough up sea salt. Powerful abilties will probably only be offered with special Kuniku through events.
Oni also get abilities, generally small ones to help them destroy the land or ruin crops. These are given to them by their mysterious leader when they reach adulthood.

I can't really think of much else to say at the moment D: if anything is unclear or you have any questions feel free to voice your opinion in the thread!
Stages+Samples

KUNIKU

Rosary
User Image
All Kuniku have a string of holy rosary gifted to them by the gods that they wear around their necks (although this is obscured by feathers when they are pups). First generation Kuniku start out as the rosary intended for a new pup. Second generation (results of breeding) would skip this stage as they are born from their mother. The rosary is contained with a flower printed bag, and the colours of the rosary and bag hint at the colours of the Kuniku.

Pup
User ImageUser Image
Male and female pup lineart and shading templates are completed! Kuniku pups have hollow bones, feathery manes and the wings of birds to help them escape from any Oni they may encounter. As they mature they lose these feathers and their bones become denser.

Adult
User Image
User Image
Adult Kuniku have lost their feathery manes and have grown two small horns on top of their heads. Through the magic imbued in their rosary they also lose the wings they had as pups, as their denser bones means they are now useless. They have also grown a whiplike lizard tail that sprouts out from the feathery tail they had as a pup. Their cheek fur grows very long; and any human a kuniku encounters will braid this for them as it is considered good luck.
Female images up! From left to right; fluffy, slender and normal.

ONI

Curse slip
User Image
All Oni wear a slip of paper with a cross drawn on it tied to a piece of rope around their necks; this is the symbol of the Oni King. Oni begin as the curse slip intended for a Kit once it reaches maturity. The curse slip is contained in a ghostly printed bag, and the colours of the curse slip, rope, and bag hint at the colours of the Oni. Second generation Oni (results of breeding) skip this stage.

Kit
User ImageUser Image
As kits Oni look very sweet and harmless. They resemble small cats with a fox like tail. They have not yet obtained their curse slip from the first stage.

Adult
User ImageUser Image
By the time it reaches maturity an Oni's appearance has changed dramatically. It has now grown two more tails, a leaner snout and curved horns that sprout from their heads. They have now obtained their curse slip. (from left to right, fluffy, normal. Oni don't have a slender build option as they are naturally very slender.)

Both Kuniku and Oni adults will have a wide range of hairstyles that i will hopefully be constantly adding to, and i am planning on having 'roleplay edits' available, that is if a pet receives a scar or something similar through roleplay it can be edited onto the image.
Extra Info

...For things that i couldn't think of where to put them? o mo;

-Well, accessories and familiars will be available for both Kuniku and Oni.
-For breeding Oni and Kuniku are both able to have 2-4 pups and same gender pairs can breed (just don't ask how)
-In roleplay Oni and Kuniku can't befriend one another or interbreed (think of the hideous mutants they would create) but while Oni are inherently evil you can have an Oni that doesn't like to kill, or a Kuniku who is mean toward other Kuniku.
-Kuniku won't eat meat unless it was killed and prepared by human hands, and will never harm a human. They can't talk to people- but are very intelligent and can talk to one another.
-Oni will eat anything except the flesh of a Kuniku, as Kuniku are holy creations eating their flesh would kill an Oni.

-For certs i am planning on having four different kinds available for Kuniku, each representing one of the four islands they could have been born on; for Oni their will only be one which represents the island they were born on.

Well that's all i can remember for now, again if you have any questions or suggestions i would love to hear them ;D
Hiring!

Colourists have already been hired, and I am now looking for some co-managers n un

When hiring ends: Probably when the store is ready to open, or possibly a bit before!

How many co-managers will you be hiring?: Most likely one or two.

How much will the co-managers be paid?: Percentages from all sales are taken from the colourist's profits, and put in to the mule account. At the end of each month the gold on the mule will be split between the two co-managers, or if I only hire one all will go to them. So really it depends on how mnay flatsales etc. we have C: If there is a month where we've made no profits but you'll still done a lot of work, I'll probably pay you a bonus out of my own gold.

What does being a co-manager entail?: I'd like you to be around the store a lot, so you can keep it up and living and answer any questions people might have. You will also hold events (flatsales etc) completely on your own, as because of time zone differences I'll probably be asleep. For these events it will be up to you to send the correct amount of gold to the colourists and keep the correct amount on the mule, and also to cert any Kuniku/Oni that have been sold, upload them to the store photobucket, and get them to the owner's. You may also need to update the owner's list and the news etc. I'll generally take care of pet growings, but I may need you to help out.

Are there any perks?: You get one free custom pet to start off with (you'll get more the longer you work here) and I'll discuss pretty much everything with you, so you get a lot of input into the type of events etc. that we do ;D

You must have photoshop or something that works in a very similar way and supports .PSD format.

The Form

[b]I want to co-manage![/b]
Username: (must be your main account's name)
Time spent on gaia: (daily or weekly, if you know you'll be away for a long time in the future please say so)
Past stores you've worked for:
Working for any stores currently?:
Why do you want the spot?:
Tell me about yourself!:
Do you have MSN or AIM?:
What timezone are you in?:
Anything else?:

Extra tips:
-I'd like it if you stayed around the thread and chatted n un that way we can get to know each other and see if we'd make a good team!
Applications

deadlyxenvy
D: Let's give this a shot

I want to co-manage!
Username: Deadlyxenvy
Time spent on gaia: Daily around 3/8 hours since I have no life Dx Weekly, well a ton since I'm on every day.
Past stores you've worked for: None
Working for any stores currently?: Speed Stick Artshop as a colorist
Why do you want the spot?: Well for one the idea for this shop attracted me and I like it. Another reason is because I love to manage things and always having something to do keeps me very happy 3nodding
Tell me about yourself!: I'm a 17 year old average teenager who basically loves to work with photoshop and spend time talking to people or on Gaia. A tad obsessive with certain things I'm a natural worrier and usually won't stop doing something until I'm sure it meets the standard I have or higher. Pretty much I'm just an everyday teen D:
Do you have MSN or AIM?: Both, as well as YIM.
What timezone are you in?: Central Standard Time
Anything else?: Mm not that I can think of...Well I do have Photoshop CS3 :] Oh and often I'm on very late at night and into the morning as I'm an insomniac xD

- Schwarz Reh -
I want to co-manage!
Username: Schwarz_reh
Time spent on gaia: 1 hour + a day weekdays, and pretty much all weekend
Past stores you've worked for: I had one once.. but the idea wasn't strong enough.
Working for any stores currently?: Nope~
Why do you want the spot?: Because I rlyrlyrly love Kuniku, and I didn't go in for artists spot because I didn't think I could match your style well enough.
Tell me about yourself!: Uhmmm... I'm a girl, and I was going to quit gaia but really stayed around for Kuniku, then I met Kat who is super cool as well biggrin But I'd really like to do more to contribute than just bumping around every now and then~ I like Japanese fashion and foreign music. I hate people irl, but I seem to love people on the INTERNETS! There are a lot of really nice people here D:♥♥♥
Do you have MSN or AIM?: fluffybunnyapocolypse@hotmail.com
What timezone are you in?: US/BOSTON(or New york) I think that's -5... it's plus or minus I'm not sure D:
Anything else?: "Oops, zat was not medicine" (anyonegetthereferance?)

Also collecting....16?

Captain Sporkie Pie
I want to co-manage!

Username: Captain Sporkie Pie

Time spent on gaia: At least 2 hours a day, but usually more. The only times I wouldn't be on, is if I was away on holiday or something, but I'm not going away this year xD And anyway, I'd let people know if I wasn't going to be around for a while.

Past stores you've worked for: None in the PAST
Working for any stores currently?: Pearl Dragons (colourist), my BC (interest atm) Mirage

Why do you want the spot?: Because, I really want to be a part of this shop! I love the story, and the templates! It looks like it would be a whole load of fun :] Plus, I've always wanted to give managing a go, and running flat sales is something I've wanted to do for AGES now! They look so fun *u* And, I've wanted to be a part of somewhere that will do well. I mean, things aren't fun when flatsales last for ages, because no one is really interested :[ But from all the comments I've been reading in the thread, it seems like loads of people are really looking forward to taking part in sales :]

Tell me about yourself!: Well, i'm 15 and female. I live in England. I'm kinda short, and blonde : D I love getting to know people, and talking to them, and I like to be in on the action. I like to help people out, if it's to do with something I enjoy xD I like music a lot, but not R'n'B and the sort :[ I love to draw and colour pets too (I have Photo Shop CS2). I have a bit of a short temper Dx But, that's just because I like to reinforce the rules, as I don't like rule breakers. Or overly selfish and nasty people. I'm not likely to get on with people like that. But neither the less, I do my best.

EDIT: Another thing is, I always like to be in the know if something is happening. So, if someone isn't going to be around for a while, I want to know so I can sort out things if they're absence is going to cause problems. Thus, that also means I like to keep everyone else up to date, and things running smoothly (I will most likely end up doing a lot of in-guild thread organising, as I've done that in a guild I've been vice-captain in xD)

Do you have MSN or AIM?: MSN :]

What timezone are you in?: GMT - England

Anything else?: Erm, not that I can think of xD
Um, I'd be happy to do guest colourings if any flat pets need to be done for sales xD

KyoKenta
I want to co-manage!
Username: KyoKenta
Time spent on gaia: VERY often. About 2-4 hours a day, every day. *is a gaia addict*
Past stores you've worked for: Trinity Scarlet Pet shop, Sakura Bumping Thread, The Cherry Blossom Art Shoppe, and Melon splat.
Working for any stores currently?: I work about an hour a day on a bumping thread, but thats about it. I have a lot of free time.
Why do you want the spot?: I think the pets are adorable, and I have a really good time participating in b/c shops. This shop will really go far, and I would be honored to take part in its staff.
Tell me about yourself!: Well, I'm a really nice person when you get to know me! I love to read and play my instrument. I do marching band and tennis during the school year. I love animals ^^ I have a cute cat named Garfield.. I'm a really friendly person :]
Do you have MSN or AIM?: MSN, yes
What timezone are you in?: EST
Anything else?: I would really appreciate this position. I think that I am cut out for the job. Thank you very much for your time :] *bows*

I want to co-manage!
Username: horse_chic11
Time spent on gaia: Daily... It varies. Usually at least an hour, unless I've been grounded or we're doing a family thing or something, and I'll either try to get word to you, or I'll explain when I get on the next day. Usually I'm on for more than an hour. A couple hours. xd xd On weekends... I'm usually on for at least an hour, yeah.
Past stores you've worked for: My own store, Wonder-Land Pets, which failed miserably. *sold one pet.* xp
Working for any stores currently?: Nope, although I've applied at one or two places.
Why do you want the spot?: GOLD!!!! No, lol. That's part of it, but I really like the concept, the pets are cute, and lately I've been having an interest in becoming a manager or something, and right now this is one of the better shops I've considered. smile
Tell me about yourself!: I'm a self-proclaimed internet addict, I love to read and write, I am going to be an author once I can make myself sit down and revise at least one of my many books, xd , and I also love horses. smile ... oh, and b/c shops. whee
Do you have MSN or AIM?: Ahh.... I think I used to have MSN, but it got deleted or something. xd But you can always reach me on PMs. smile
What timezone are you in?: Central
Anything else?: I also forgot to mention that roleplaying= heart , and I try to stay pretty active with rps. I'm pretty good at shooting out ideas, so if you need a snazzy event idea, I'm pretty much the one to call. xd
F.A.Q

Got any questions? Ask in the thread and i'll give you an answer, it might also be added to this list n un

Will they be roleplay required?
Nope! But the roleplay will be where it's really at ;D

What price will they be?
At the moment i'm thinking 5k for a growing flatsale and 3k/2k for an adult flatsale? I'll talk this over with my colourists and co-manager once they're hired though.

When will you start hiring?
When i finish all the templates/graphics ; ;
Affiliates

Want to affiliate? Awesome! Here's the cooode

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40790777]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v731/Mottle/kuniku.png[/img][/url]

Advertising Contest!

Well, since I want a lot of people to apply for jobs here, what better than to get advertised lots right? Basically you put the code above into your signature, and once per day you can come to the thread and post saying
"Claiming my Advertising Ticket For Day _"
As long as the link and image are in your signature, you'll get one ticket. When the store is ready to open I'll draw a random number, and if you win you get a free custom!
But!! Don't just put it in your signature when you claim the ticket and then take it back out :C If I find out you're doing this you will be blacklisted and won't ever be able to get a pet here, cause cheating other people out of a chance to win just isn't nice D:

Ticket Holders:
[T]rails of [D]eath- 32
Coal`- 14
Glass Crow- 27
-Schwarz Reh- - 23

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image
Open for posting! So what do you think? C:

Hyzenthlay's Boss

Invisible Shapeshifter

*claps*
I like the new ideas you've added.
I kinda skimmed towards the end, but I really like the rosary and curse slips for first gen pups.
^-^
♥♥♥
I wanted one of these from the time the original store opened - if you're redoing it, damn straight I'm gonna hang around <3
yay! heart yeah i figured now that the lineart is templated, two stages isn't really enough Dx it will mean that all Kuniku have rosary though, instead of some having ribbons/ropes etc. same with the Oni~

edit: oops, posted too fast for me lol! Yay omg i'm glad ; w; they should be available a lot more often than in the old thread too since they'll take less work!

Hyzenthlay's Boss

Invisible Shapeshifter

Mm hmm.
Since they're templated anyway, I don't think that all having a rosary/slip is a loss really, so it's kewl.
How're you planing to do the hair?
o:
♥♥♥
i'll either have the hairstyles as seperate .PSD files with their own shading and a layer for their colour, and they can then be moved on top of the pet lineart, or i'll have them as layers on the pet files that can be turned on and off C: the colouring for the hair will go on top of the pet lines so it'll cover up their baldy-lines lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff