4,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
banner by ThE_eMo_TeDdY_

Hello and welcome to Mirage, my BC interest thread! : D
This is the first time I have ever done this, so I hope I'm doing it right xD;

Please do come in and chat. Give your opinions on the idea, and help me make this place into a BC shop! :]

The story could take a while to go up, as it's just a rough idea at the moment, and needs some fine tuning, so please bare with me :]

Thank you!

x_Announcements

September 28th - Hiring results announced
September 16th - Hiring ending date added
August 1st - Began hiring a new colourist! :]
July 8th - Main gist of story is up. Will do fine tuning soon. Male template should be done soon, as well as getting info on the pet stages done. Competition started last week 8D
June 1st 08 - Named the shop Mirage. Also, help needed on shading styles :]
May 16th 08 - Stage Three samples on page 11 (will be put on first page soon), and a new question has been added to what I want to know! Please answer it :] Thank you!
April 22nd 08 - Thread made and opened.

To Do List

-Finish templating lines so far
-Sketch adult stage male and female and scan on
-Finish story and make it pretty
-Think up things to do in opening event
-Conclude prices
-Get all shop information sorted
-Make shop
-Make mule (decide on mule name)
-Get guild
-Hire another colourist
-Cert
-NPCs
-Species names (possible contest here guys ;])

4,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
x_Story

User Image

The desert.
Such a formidable and seemingly barren place.
Many strive to explore and map its harsh wastelands, and many die doing so.
But these deaths don't faze others enough to stop them trying to finish what some started, and Nick Arganous was one of these whose urge had not been lessened.

Nick had made the decision to explore one of the most perilous deserts in Gaian history, the Kunabie Desert, a desert which was most notorious for taking the lives of many who ventured in.
The Kunabie Desert was the largest known in Gaian history, made up of hundreds upon hundreds of miles of sand, rocks and barren landscape. The only known life inhabiting this desert were cacti, rattlesnakes, lizards, and a few different types of burrowing insects.
Nick knew what he was letting himself in for, but that didn't deter him. So, Nick packed up his stuff into a large rucksack, and set out on his expedition.

-----

When Nick had been traveling for about 10 days, the journey had turned out to be much harder and far longer than he had thought it would be. He had used his supplies far quicker than he had expected, too. So in short, things weren't looking good.

On the 12th day, Nick had reached a stretch of desert that mainly consisted of very high, steep sand dunes. He had to be careful; staying on top of the dunes was his only way of surviving. If he slipped either side he could become totally disorientated. However, as he was carefully making his way along the top of a dune, a scorpion suddenly sprung from the sand and startled him, making him jump and letting his bag fly off his shoulders. It tumbled down the dune and out of sight, leaving certain objects from within his bag in it's wake. He was stuck in a dilemma. Should he risk it and get his bag, or should he continue and try to find a oasis of some sort where he could survive without his equipment.

In the end the choice was made for him. The wind began to blow and the sand shifted – a famous feature of the Kunabie. As soon as the wind blew everything about the landscape could change, dunes could become flat expanses and anything that wasn’t firmly placed would be lost forever in the golden sand - There would be no hope of finding his bag now.

He trudged onwards, desperately hoping that he would have a lucky break. But no such thing came and within two days he was exhausted, lying helpless at the top of a dune, nearly dying of thirst.

Suddenly the air around him seemed to shift, contorting and swirling with different bright colours. The sight of colours other than the expanses of yellow sand or blue sky made Nick dizzy with glee, so dizzy in fact that he fainted clean away – his unconscious body left stranded at the top of a dune surrounded by the mysterious vortex of colours.

“My, my, my, what do we have here? A human? Quick, bring him in. The poor man will perish if left be.”

The words of Illounum were sweet and heartfelt – the mirage’s goddess truly cared about the well-being of the human that traversed the desert. It had been pure luck that their mirage had chosen to open itself in front of the man, it could’ve been anywhere in the Kunabi. She paused and meowed quietly to herself, having a human with them would be interesting to say the least.

When Nick awoke he was in a strange place, not like the desert he had been exploring before. This place was lush and green, and shimmered with ethereal light. He blinked and gazed at the cat-like creatures before him.

“Hello traveller. We are the [insert name here]. We welcome you to the mirage – a haven of rest in the desert. Fear not for your safety here for we will look after you. Now hush, you need more sleep – you are barely recovered..”

And so Nick stayed, living in the Mirage – studying and observing the [insert name here]… And one of those [insert name here] is you! (Or at least your ‘pet’)

4,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
x_Samples

There will about four stages to these pets.
Feathers > Kit > Teen > Adult (Elder may come in in the future)
It will be at the teen stage where the males and females look visibly different.

Freyja
Stage one: Feathers

User Image

You find a pair of feathers on the ground like nothing you have ever seen before. They are both a mix of the same strange colours - they can't possibly have come from a bird.
You pick them up and run a finger down the side of one of the feathers. It is soft to the touch, softer than suede.
You call to Nick, telling him to come look at what you have found. He walks calmly over to you, glances at the feathers, then simply tells you to keep them, make sure they stay together at all times, and the keep them out of harms way. He also tells you to name your feathers. You stare at him as if he has gone crazy, which only makes him smile. He tells you to trust him, and that it will come in handy later.
You look at him, confused, but you do as he says.

Growth time from stage one to stage two: 7 days

Stage two: Kitt

User Image

Woah! What's this? Your feathers have made a miraculous change! They have somehow morphed into a kitten like animal! Is that even possible? No wonder Nick told you to keep them safe.
The kitten bares no resemblance to the feathers that it grew from, except they share the same colours and patterns.
The kitten has it's eyes firmly closed, and it stays this way for most of the time. But after all, it is only a little kitten, so it needs to sleep so it can grow.
You ask Nick what is going on, but he only tells you to be careful with your new kitten, as it is very fragile.
He also tells you that it would be wise to stay with your kitten at all times, so that it grows used to you, and that it's species is called Freyja.
You decide that it would be best to do what he tells you, as he seems to know what is going on.

Growth time from stage two to stage three: 10 days

Stage three: Teen

User Image

Your Freyja has grown again! Now it's eyes have opened, and it's become very active and curious about it's surroundings. It's legs have grown longer and less stumpy, and it's now able to leap and bound about as it pleases, although it still does tend to trip and stumble about at times. It's tail has fluffed out a bit, and two strange strands of some sort of essence have grown from the tips of your Freyja's ears, bearing two feathers at the end. They look just like the feathers your Freyja grew from!
Nick tells you that these feather are very delicate at the moment, and that you shouldn't touch them. But, every time you have been near them, you get this strange feeling. Maybe there's something about them he's not telling you?

Growth time from stage three to stage four: 14 days

Stage four: Adult

User Image User Image

About Adult stage

Other species

Binichi
Ball stage
User Image

Growth time from first to second stage: 7 days

Kitt stage

User Image

Growth time from second the third stage: 14 days

Adult stage

User Image

4,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
x_Rules

These are only for this thread. I'm not sure there's a point of posting flatsale rules here, as this isn't the shop xD;;

.: Follow Gaia ToS please :]
.: Please be literate. No chat or 733t speak > :
.: Please be kind and considerate to others in the thread
.: Please don't come in just for the sake of posting advertisements. If you have been here a while, and have been chatting, casually mentioning a shop, and asking if anyone would like to check it out won't hurt anyone.
Just none of those pre-made ads x_x
.: Bumping is fine, but conversation is better ;]
.: More rules will be added later, without warning

Note: If you are new to the thread, and plan on quickly posting whether you like the lines or not, could you please also say as to whether you would actually buy a pet, and whether or not you would visit an actual shop if one is made.
These comments would help me out a lot :]

If you are giving negative feedback, I ask that you do so in a nice way. I take stuff to heart xD;; But also, could you explain your feedback, that would also help :]

Thank you :]

4,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

4,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Applicants

Lunar Mirage page 58
Jezabelle Kissntell page 61
i-Autumn Night page 62
slimycrow page 81
Mizuki_Amane page 82
Colonel muzzii page 84
Chase_Ryton page 86
Ami-Chan Bell page 89
P.I.D.A. page 90
Lonely Wandering Wolf page 90

4,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
x_Affiliate

Just PM me with your banner if you want to affiliate :]

Links in

User Image

[url=http://tinyurl.com/6j6now][IMG]http://tinyurl.com/6zaawz[/IMG][/url]

User Image

[url=http://tinyurl.com/6j6now][IMG]http://tinyurl.com/5k4qfo[/IMG][/url]

User Image

[url=http://tinyurl.com/6j6now][IMG]http://tinyurl.com/6onssh[/IMG][/url]

Links out

User Image
User Image User Image User Image
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image User Image
User Image User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

User Image
User Image
User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image

4,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

4,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

4,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200