Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Rules!

~Follow the ToS!
~If you apply for a job, you must stay active in the hiring thread and main shop. If you don't then you will have less of a chance of getting the job.
~Be respectful to everybody in the thread, if there's a problem then pm me. No vigilantes!
~Don't stretch the pages.
~Keep the language clean, we're civilized people in this thread.
~If you submit a form to get hired, please be dedicated if chosen!
~Do -NOT- steal the lineart!! Doing so will get you reported and banned from the shop forever!
~Do -NOT- steal ANYTHING from this thread.
~No advertising or begging for charities! This is not the place. Affiliates welcome but please only post the request once, I will get to it when I can.
~No 1337 speak, Chatspeak, or sTiCkY cApS
~Don't quote the front page!
~Do not discourage people from applying by being rude or unnecessarily cruel to them or about their abilities.
~Do be kind and considerate of other people in the thread.
~Have fun!
~I have every right to add and/or change the rules at any given time.
Hiring!

Colorists:
* Please do not apply if you cannot commit to your application.
* You MUST have Photoshop and/or compatible program that can use .PSD files!
* You MUST use the shop's standardized shading templates!
* We would like you to be active in the shop thread, posting every other day or so.
* Line-Edit abilities are welcome but not required. Though this will swing highly in your favor when the time comes for hiring.
* You are APPLYING to be an EMPLOYEE at this shop. You should be able to take the work seriously as a JOB, that's why we call you employees/staff. If you slack off on a deadline, we reserve the right to fire you at any time. Allowances will be made for real life circumstances.
* We reserve the right to not sell a particular pet you've colored if it doesn't meet quality standards.
* We also will not sell your pet until -all- the stages are complete and submitted.
* You will be submitted to occasional constructive critique on your work, most times you will not be required to redo any work, only touch-ups, depending on what was wrong with your submission. We will not be mean, but if you have problems with any serious critique, then please do not apply.
* You must color at least one pet every other month that will be given away in the shop for free.
* Full-time Colorists : You should be able to color at least 4 pets per month and participate in ALL events in some way. (Whether it be doing 1 cosplay or coloring flatsale pets, mini-game pets, etc.)
* Part-time Colorists : You should be able to color at least 2 pets per month.

- What we're looking for in abilities -
* Colorings should be of good quality, you must have knowledge of brushes and markings.
* You can use preset brushes, but you should know how to manipulate them as markings well enough that they don't look like you stamped the pet all over.
* Again, line-editting isn't required but it is highly desired.

- Colorist Benefits -
* You will be paid 70% of ANY pet you color, except the free pets you must color every other month. Be warned, if your line-edit skills are not up to par we may not allow you to have those type of custom slots.
* 2 FREE pets [non-edited] you color yourself each month. These can be gifted to friends or used in pet trades - all pet trades must be approved by me. You may have one edited or cosplay pet per four months of working at the shop, again, this can be used in pet trades - all pet trades must be approved by me!

- Application Form -

Male Adult Mrem
[you may also color the lines provided for the templatist if you so desire]

* In your application you must show us your coloring skills on the lines. You may use the templatist lines and create a shading template for yourself on them but it is not required.
* You must give at least 3 samples TOTAL of your coloring skills on our lines. I will lean towards those more natural in appearance in color and markings.
* You may resubmit more samples after submitting your application, but put these in a NEW post, do NOT edit your old posts!

Username:

Shops you've worked for:

Can you dedicate yourself per the requirements above?

Do you understand that we can fire you for not meeting deadlines?

Applying for: (Part-time? Full-time?)

Can you do LineEdit work?
- If yes, show some samples (samples should show before your line-edits and after):

Samples of past work:

Samples on our lines:

Templatist: Hired!!!
* Please do not apply if you cannot commit to your application.
* You MUST have Photoshop and/or compatible program that can save in .PSD files!
* You do not have to be active in the shop, though that would be nice.
* You MUST commit to doing ALL the templates [more than 100 lines]
* You will be submitted to occasional constructive critique on your work, most times you will not be required to redo any work, only touch-ups, depending on what was wrong with your submission. We will not be mean, but if you have problems with any serious critique, then please do not apply.
* I will ask to have at least two templates finished each week [planned hiatuses and emergencies can be worked with] My last templatist was amazing, but she took months to get the few lines back to me that she completed before leaving Gaia [without returning my payment]

- What we're looking for in abilities -
* I expect the lines to be cleaned up as part of the templating process.
* I expect at least one layer of shading and would like one of highlights.
* I expect the templates to be better than mine.
* If possible, I would like them to feel like they are part of the same shop as the existing templates or that you are willing to re-template those that have already been completed.
* You are not required to do color templates, though you are welcome to do so if you desire.
* You must be willing to exchange lines and templates through email.

- Templatist Benefits -
* Current payment offer below Application Form, payment open to negotiation.
* Four Free Pets from the shop of your choice - you may color it yourself or have me do so, these may be gifted or used in Pet Trades [all Pet Trades MUST be approved by me].

Example of current Templates [link to main shop is in the first post]:
User Image

- Application Form -

Female Adult Mrem
Bird Familiar
Sheep Familiar

* In your application you must show us your templating skills on the lines.
* You must template both lines to show how you would template different breeds.
* You may resubmit more samples after submitting your application, but put these in a NEW post, do NOT edit your old posts!

Username:

Shops you've worked for:

Can you dedicate yourself per the requirements above?

Do you understand that we can fire you for not completing the work and pay you only for what you have completed?

Applying for: (Templatist)

Samples of past work:

Samples on our lines:

Colorist Applications

d-mistress
Username: d-mistress

Shops you've worked for: aaah just my own really sweatdrop Soda Pop chibi artwork Voodoo Vox

Can you dedicate yourself per the requirements above? Yes!

Do you understand that we can fire you for not meeting deadlines? Yar.

Applying for: Think I should try for Part Time to start with.

Can you do LineEdit work?: I could when I find my drawing tablet... so not at the moment I guss, no.

Samples of past work: ♥ ♥ ♥

Samples on our lines: â™  â™  â™ 

Fayt_of_Redemption
User ImageUser ImageUser Image~Don't you cry or suffer for me; One day we'll be together...

User Image

Gonna go ahead and submit my application. I'll probably post more samples, later.

======

Username: Fayt_of_Redemption

Shops you've worked for: As far as B/C shops, just Whispers in the Wind. But also the collectives and another shop of mine, Gweedom.

Can you dedicate yourself per the requirements above? Yes, so long as I am given notice of all events preferably a couple weeks prior, but at least a week.

Do you understand that we can fire you for not meeting deadlines? Yes

Applying for: Full or part time. I can do either.

- If yes, show some samples (samples should show before your line-edits and after): I can, but not extreme edits; I work freehand and with Paths, only; no tablet. Examples:

Edits against original lines

Samples of past work:

Sample Set 1
Sample Set 2

(The wings on the 1st set of samples is another template, not a line edit of mine.)

Samples on our lines:

5 Samples

I combined them into one image and resized them for simplicity sake and to prevent theft. I still have all the originals though, should you want/require them.

...I'll guard you with my heart, always.~User Image

ivy hemisphere
colourist application form

Username: ivy hemisphere

Shops you've worked for: none sweatdrop

Can you dedicate yourself per the requirements above?yes, but give me at least a week, preferbly two or more, of notice (to balence out my school things)

Do you understand that we can fire you for not meeting deadlines? yes

Applying for: (Part-time? Full-time?) any, but i have end of year exams coming up soon

- If yes, show some samples (samples should show before your line-edits and after): before
after

Samples of past work: my deviantART

Samples on our lines: plain shading example i will post up the patterned example, in a few days, if all goes good

oh, and i'd be happy with any of the items the templist doesn't want, espicially the evolving items
Templatist Applications

Celelorien
Username: Celelorien

Shops you've worked for: Cosmotropolis, various projects of my own

Can you dedicate yourself per the requirements above? Yes

Do you understand that we can fire you for not completing the work and pay you only for what you have completed? Yeppers.

Applying for: (Templatist) {{and maybe colourist}}

Samples of past work: {X} -- {X} -- {X} -- {X} -- {X} -- {X}
First is my own work entirely; next ones after that are my colouring and shading on the cosmo bases, and the last is my current gallery. If I need more straight-up template samples, I can dig some up. :0

Samples on our lines: {X} -- {X} -- {X}

I saw that you wanted a layer of highlights, so I put one in, but I generally don't like templating highlights because there's always colours it goes wonky on. Tried to make it as much like the original templates as possible; each shadow/highlight's on a separate layer for now, so if you want me to edit things, let me know.
Contests

Advertising

Starts: Now
Ends: ?
Prizes: User Image

User Image

Rules:
  • Place the following Banner in your sig.

User Image
    [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/pricing-assistance-and-suggestions/m/t.51351697/][IMG]http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt257/LydaLynnRae/h.jpg[/IMG][/url]

• Each Day Post in this thread "I'm Advertising."
  • For every day you come here and post with the link in your sig, you get a raffle ticket.
  • For every person who comes to the thread who says they were referred by you, you get 2 tickets.
  • For every person who applies who says they were referred by you, you get 5 tickets.
  • There will be only one winner.
  • Please DO NOT Spam!

• I may add more later.

Tickets:
1-2. green_druid
3. purrrplekitty
4. green_druid
5-14. purrrplekitty
15. green_druid
16. purrrplekitty
17. green_druid
18-19. purrrplekitty
20-21. green_druid
22. purrrplekitty
23. green_druid
24-26. purrrplekitty
27. green_druid
28-29. purrrplekitty
30. green_druid
31. purrrplekitty
32. green_druid
33-35. purrrplekitty
36. green_druid
37. purrrplekitty
38. green_druid
39-41. purrrplekitty
42. green_druid
43-44. purrrplekitty
45. green_druid
46. purrrplekitty
47. green_druid
48. purrrplekitty
49. Ivy hemisphere
50. green_druid
51. purrrplekitty
52. green_druid
53. green_druid
54. purrrplekitty
55. green_druid
56. purrrplekitty
57. purrrplekitty
58. green_druid
59. green_druid
60-61. purrrplekitty
62. green_druid
63-64. purrrplekitty
65. green_druid
66-67. purrrplekitty
68. green_druid
69. purrrplekitty
70. green_druid
71. purrrplekitty
72. green_druid
73. purrrplekitty
74. purrrplekitty
75. green_druid
76. purrrplekitty
77.green_druid
78. purrrplekitty
79. green_druid
80. purrrplekitty
81. green_druid
82-85. purrrplekitty
86.green_druid
87. purrrplekitty
88. Ivy hemishphere
89-90. purrrplekitty
91. green_druid
92. purrrplekitty
93. green_druid
94. MarlboroMystic
95. purrrplekitty
96-97. purrrplekitty
98. MarlboroMystic
99. purrrplekitty
100. MarlboroMystic
101-102.Purrrplekitty
103. MarlboroMystic
104. purrrplekitty
105. Ivy hemishphere
106. MarlboroMystic
107. Ivy hemishphere
Links
User Image
User Image

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/pricing-assistance-and-suggestions/m/t.51351697/][IMG]http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt257/LydaLynnRae/h.jpg[/IMG][/url]

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/test-forum/moi/t.48150553/][IMG]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll225/FlaunaFae/flatsale/vday/smlink.jpg[/IMG][/url]

User Image

User Image

The most addicting shop ever!

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

~ Reserved ~
~ Reserved ~
Now open for posting.
I think I'll give the templating a shot. I'll be back with an application soon, I'm going to attempt giving those lines some shading. 3nodding
Trira
I think I'll give the templating a shot. I'll be back with an application soon, I'm going to attempt giving those lines some shading. 3nodding

Welcome Trira, I look forward to seeing your work!

Nebula Dragon

heart heart heart
Cleaning lines isn't really up my alley, so we're going to see what happens. ^^;; I'm more of a clean-lined templater, if you catch my drift, but I'll give it a shot anyway!
damn, 100 lines?
that's going to be a big project :u

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas