<3 </3

People Counter Go!

+1 0.62162162162162 62.2% [ 23 ]
-1 0.054054054054054 5.4% [ 2 ]
...Pie. 0.32432432432432 32.4% [ 12 ]
Total Votes:[ 37 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 26 27 28 > >>

User Image

Greetings and welcome to the Note-Worthy Revival I/T. We're an old shop that's been buried for many years, but we're rearing to go again. Please do take the time to read everything on the first page, but feel free to ask if you have any questions.
Thank you, and please enjoy your stay.

~The Composer and Conductor of Note-Worthy

User Image

Post 1: Welcome and Table of Contents
Post 2: News
Post 3: Rules
Post 4: Story
Post 5: The Pets
Post 6: Hiring
Post 7: Applicants
Post 8: Freebies
Post 9: Behind the Scenes
Post 10: Pickups
Post 11: Affiliates
Post 12-15: Reserved
User Image

News

08/05/11: Main shop got a make over! Click here to visit.
07/29/11: Hiring and ad contest are open! Been open for a day or two not, but Sakura's been a butt and isn't updating properly. xP
07/26/11: Sakura has deemed it fit to post the revival I/T for Note-Worthy! Pardon the dust, though.
User Image

1. Please be kind and courteous to everyone, not just myself and the staff members.
2. Do NOT use extremely foul and vulgar language.
3. Do NOT steal the art. Or I swear to all that is holy that I will sic the...oh god, I'm too tired for this. Just don't, okay?
4. Do NOT flame, troll, beg, spam, etc.
5. When roleplaying, please follow the standard rules (no god-moding, etc.)
6. Good grammar, spelling, and manners are loved.
7. Please use common sense. I like common sense and logic. <3

These rurrruus are subject to change when and if I deemed that to be necessary.

You will be given a warning after the first offense of rule breaking. The second offense will result in immediate blacklisting.
There are no third chances.

User Image

AWESOME PEOPLE:

~Nemora - for sticking with us since the very beginning. Even after all these years, I haven't forgotten you.
~FEDKite - for being supportive and staying with the shop even during hard times. Still not forgotten even after my years of absence.
~Slimycrow for the epic templates. <333

User Image

Blacklist:

None, and let's keep it that way, 'kay?
User Image

Okay, it's more like a concept right now, but I promise I'll flesh it out given time.
Random person: "But you said that ye---!"
*covers person's mouth with her hand and drags him away* No I didn't. >.>

Concept
Since the beginning of human civilization, there have been music. Like the songs of the birds that fly free, the songs of humans have carried messages with them: emotions, a lesson, a story. As our society and technology evolved, so has our music. Computers and softwares can make it so that almost anyone can be a one man band.

However, in the world of music, the past lives side by side with the present and the future. Traditional instruments are still in existence; classic favorites are still loved; their messages and meanings still lives.

This shop will bring to life those messages and meanings, the notes and chords that are the building blocks of song.
User Image

User Image

Note: The beginning of every Song is a Note. There are four of these little guys: Whole Note, Half Note, Quarter Note, and Eighth Note. They can't really do much now. However, they do jingle when you shake it. Maybe you could wear it on a necklace or something?

Chord: This is the equivalent of the baby stage. These little guys just hatched from their Note. Sure, they don't look too hot, but you've heard of the story of the "Ugly Duckling", right? Again, these guys jingle when they move. This time, though, it sounds as if there were multiple bells instead of just one. They can also chirp, but nothing too difficult, just a note or two and maybe some scales. Oh, and you might want to take them off of that necklace now...>>

Melody/Harmony: Aw, look! Those barely feathered chicks grew into their adorable little teen stage! Depending upon your Chord's gender, it will grow into either a Melody (female) or a Harmony (male). Now that their wings have grown to a decent size, the Melodies and Harmonies can fly for short distances. A chorus of jingles follow them whenever they move. Occasionally, people have claim to hear a hint of some other instruments in there something beside the bells. Harp? Lyre? Xylophones? Or was it chimes? Their vocal chords have also grown, so now they can actually sing. Their song is pleasing to the ear, but it still sound as if something is missing...

Song: At last, that Ugly Duckling looses even more of the sheet music look and grows into its beautiful adult stage! These pretty critters have an even greater wingspan, thus allowing them to fly great distances to spread their music or relay messages between owners. Upon reaching the Song stage, your little bird's vocal chords have completely matured. This gives them the gift of human speech as well as the ability to produce the most marvelous music any mortal has ever heard.

More about the Songs
Unlike most other animals, Songs are very attached to humans. They aren't exactly dependent upon us, however they do greatly enjoy our company and will often seek out humans to befriend.

Generally speaking, Songs are peaceful and good-natured little critters. If they befriend a human as an adult, their attitude and behaviors will not change. However, if they grew up with that human from Note to Song, then they will reflect their owner's nature, whatever it may be.

Like any other animal, Songs needs food. They will eat your average birdseeds and nuts, but they prefer to have fresh fruits instead.

User Image

The Cert:

Since this shop is heavily based on music theory, our cert is slightly different than others in that it too is full of music. Meet Zorina. She will act as a sample so that I may explain the cert.

User Image

Clef: This describes the gender of your Note. The treble clef, like what you see on Zorina's cert, says that she's female. The bass clef says that the Note is male.
Time Signature: The time signature tells you which stage your pet is in. 1/4 means that your Note is in its "egg" stage. 2/4 means that it's now a chick. 3/4 means that it grew to be a teenager. 4/4 means that it's finally an adult!
Note: The faded note under the Date of Birth represents which species your Note is. In Zorina's case, she's an Eighth Note.
Generation: The 1 over the faded eighth note means that Zorina is part of the first generation of pets here in Note-Worthy. As breeding starts, that will change to 2, 3, etc.
User Image

I will mainly be looking for colorists right now. Manager positions may open up in the future.

Colorist:
Responsibilities:
    - BE ACTIVE! I can't stress this enough. The shop died last time because almost nobody showed up after being hired. I know Life happens, but at least poke in once in a while, contribute, and chat with the shop goers.
    - Finish what you started. Don't just make a pet, grow it half way, and then stop. Please finish your work.

Requirements:
    - Have a program that can handle .PSD because that's the format the lineart are in.
    - Be able to color the lineart. The pets just look better with colored lines.
    - If you make lineart edits (which aren't necessary), you must be able to shade those edits in the same style as the template.
    - Do not use pre-made brushes to just stamp on designs.
    - Have AIM. I'll be using that to contact staff and hold staff meetings, and it just works better than waiting for people to reply to a PM or thread.

Perks:
    - No monthly workload. That's right. I won't force you to make a certain number of pets per month.
    - You keep 90% of the payment for a pet.
    - You may make freebies for yourself or a friend.

If all of that sounds like something you can handle, color up some samples on this Eighth Note and fill in this application.

You may color as many as you like. If you want to add on more samples at a later date, just edit your app. There's no need to post a new form.

Let me know that you've read and understood all of this by hooting like an owl in the end of the comment section.

[size=18][color=steelblue]YOU HAVE MY PHOTOSHOP!! 8D[/color][/size]
[size=11][b]Username:[/b]
[b]Nickname:[/b] (What do you want me to call you?)
[b]Timezone:[/b] (Won't affect hiring process, I promise. It's for meeting planning in the future)
[b]How often are you on Gaia?[/b]
[b]Note Samples:[/b] (at least 2)
[b]Other Samples:[/b]
[b]Can you do edits?[/b] (optional)
[b]If yes, show me.[/b] (at least 2 NW samples, the rest can be other things)
[b]Past Experience:[/b] (Link if you can)
[b]Got AIM?[/b]
[b]Comments?:[/b][/size]
User Image

~Twilight...Angel~ [pg. 7]
nucleosynthesis [pg. 14] - HIRED!
Phoenix_soarys [pg. 23]
Blue Eyed Melloon [pg. 23]
User Image

This is the "who did what" of Note-Worthy!

Composer (Concept Creator and Lineartist): Yami no Sakura
Conductor (Shop Owner): Yami no Sakura
Soloist (Template Artist): Slimycrow

Pit Member (Colorist): Yami no Sakura
Cover Artist (Certist, Graphics and Cert Maker): Yami no Sakura

...in other words, I did almost everything. OTL
User Image

A list of the pets that have been certed are posted here just in case you missed your cert drop. Please save these to your own image host.
User Image

We're like totally tight, right? 8D

This is our banner. Please don't hesitate to post or PM (Yami no Sakura) if you want to be shop buddies. =D

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/pricing-and-suggestions/t.73492249/][IMG]http://tinyurl.com/3gydm77[/IMG][/url]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/pricing-and-suggestions/t.73492249/][IMG]http://tinyurl.com/3mu9ck5[/IMG][/url]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff