Welcome to Gaia! ::

What should be the first familiar-type pet I should draw?

Wolf 0.24444444444444 24.4% [ 11 ]
Drake 0.2 20.0% [ 9 ]
Lion 0.066666666666667 6.7% [ 3 ]
Chimera type (Design in LS) 0.37777777777778 37.8% [ 17 ]
Other (post in thread!) 0.022222222222222 2.2% [ 1 ]
Don't care, gimme gold 0.088888888888889 8.9% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 45 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 57 58 59 > >>

Dapper Inquisitor

10,100 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • 50 Wins 150
User Image
Welcome to Spiorad an Domhain; I apologize that it isn't very fancy in here just yet. Our banners are in the process of being made, and I'll be working on shop graphics as I acquire more inspiration. Please, check out the hydras in the fifth post and stick around!

Click here for the Guild~!

Also, the phrase Spiorad an Domhain means world spirit in case you were wondering.

Table of Contents
------------------------
Post 1: You are Here.
Post 2: Rules
Post 3: Concept and Story
Post 4: Setting
Post 5: HYDRAS!
Post 6: Other Beasties
Post 7: Concepts in Development
Post 8: Contests
Post 9: Obtaining A Pet
Post 10: Hiring
Post 11: Affliates
Post 12: Staff and Credits
Post 13-15: Reserved

Livestream is off!

Dapper Inquisitor

10,100 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • 50 Wins 150
User Image
General Rules
1. Please abide by all Gaia ToS.
2. Please don't be rude or beg, or complain if you don't get a pet.
3. Be polite, dearie.
4. WELCOME NEWBIES!
5. Roleplaying isn't mandatory; however, growths and Ascensions are rp mandatory. ((I do, however, offer a gold alternative to roleplay for the stages, so, don't worry!))
6. Please don't resell the Hydras. They're to be handled with care!
7. I reserve the right to make up more rules as need be!

Dapper Inquisitor

10,100 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • 50 Wins 150
User Image

The World Soul.

That essence that drove life on any planet, and that which was borrowed by all living things, and returned upon death.

It was fading fast, lying over the rocks that normally held it. Countless heads were strewn over the barren rocks, ancient maws gaping as the massive beast gasped for breath, its lungs powerful enough to create gale-force winds. Many eyes were already sightless, useless from ages and battles past. Those that remained in working order were half-closed, drinking in the sight of the rapidly decaying trees and plants all around its body.

The creature knew that, with its death, the powerful soul within it would have no host, not a living one, at least. It would not be able to grow and create more of itself. It would... end. It had foreseen this tragedy, a senseless Dimming of life on a global scale, and sought to summon more of its kind.

And at last, they were coming. Weakly, it lifted a few of its proud heads, looking out as a number of other beasts neared. They were of all ages, of all number of heads and stages of life; old and young walked together, tipping their heads back and calling out the most beautiful songs, singing to the Keeper of the World Soul. They knew; they had understood the signs; they were needed.

None of them alone were strong enough to keep the world soul intact within themselves. This saddened the old Soul, and some of its notes became sorrowful. And then a thought occurred. The soul could be given to all of them; that could work, and, in time, perhaps they could grow strong enough to claim more and more of the world soul, so it could be kept safe.

With that in mind, the Old One gathered its tiny brethren, and broke itself apart, and gave itself to each of them, to bear the weight of the world until one could Ascend.

What it hadn't known was that the World Soul would be so fruitful, given to so many; throughout the next few centuries as the hydras moved throughout the world, slowly restoring life where they traveled, a few ascended at once. Where they roosted, life was particularly fruitful.

Still, humans feared and loved them, for they were large and frightening in appearance. They were not capable of speech, as dragons were, nor had they a written language humans could comprehend. And they could be cruel for no known reasons to man. Several were captured young, and kept trapped until they could be 'trained'. In reality, the hydras were training the humans to understand and to help them to ascend, and fulfill their beloved Allmother's final wishes.

---------------------------------

A few notes, to prevent confusion.

The World Soul was a great Hydra, the first of her kind. She was a nature spirit created by the gods, neither good nor evil, but simply Life. She traveled the plains freely, bringing life where she was, and leaving a slow decay in her wake, migrating in an endless cycle. She was the largest of her kind, and wisest. When age began to claim her, she called together all the children she had mothered, and gave them all her spirit, so that they might continue to do as she had. They, in their own packs and cultures, all worshiped her as their Allmother, the one from which they all came.

Dapper Inquisitor

10,100 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • 50 Wins 150
User Image
As you have probably gathered from the last post, this place doesn't quite take place on Earth; it is a much larger planet. Think of a Jupiter sized-planet, with a massive, bowl-shaped crater on one side, within which many of the planet's water is stored. The area around that bowl is home to many massive trees, and beyond that is what seems like an endless plain. Dotted along the landscape are several tiny oases, with a few human settlements near them, although much of the human populace lives underground, in caverns that go on for miles. Humans do have civilization; I'll go into their culture later on in this post. Atop the ground is the hydras' domain, largely, with a massive tree in the center of the freshwater crater the center of their lands. It is there they gather to breed and form into packs to travel the lands.
--------------------------------------------------------
Human Culture
----------------------
I'll get into this later.

Dapper Inquisitor

10,100 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Post 5, The Hydras

Ah, yes, the part you're really here to see. I've drawn, lined, and templated these Hydras myself, please. Don't try to steal them.

User Image
The Standard Breed
----------------------------------
This is the standard, three-headed variety of Hydra. They are semi-aquatic, as most hydras are, and have a modest portion of the world soul, which develops as they grow wiser. That wisdom is manifested into new heads as they grow from hatchling to adolescent to adult, which may take as long as two hundred years. Once they reach their adult size, they enjoy long lives of relative peacefulness. These are the ones most commonly found and captured by humans, as they start out the smallest.

As hatchlings, the young are only about the size of a medium-sized dog. This stage is over relatively quickly; it takes very little knowledge to stimulate their Souls, and inspire growth.

The Adolescent hydra is only a little bit bigger than a small pony, and often quite conflicted- in most instances, hydra heads have been noted to have alternating and well-separated personalities. It takes some time for them to get in synch with one another, and then they can handle a third head.

As an adult, the Hydra is approximately the size of a large draft horse when standing fully upright. They can be ridden easily by humans, although it is a rare hydra indeed that will permit this! They are often wise, and leaders of their packs, although they will always defer to any hydra with more heads than they have.

Dapper Inquisitor

10,100 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Post 6, Other Beasties ((And possibly humans))

User Image
Miniature Wyverns
---------------------------
These small, aggressive little beasties are often found feeding on scraps leftover from the hydras' meals. They are only about the size of a house-cat, and easy enough to capture, but, man, they make up for lack of size in their spunkiness! They tend to travel in small packs, often alighting atop their favorite hydra's back. They can be incredibly loyal, and fight to defend the hydra they care for, despite being tiny in comparison.

Dapper Inquisitor

10,100 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Post 7, Concepts in Development

In order of importance
-------------------------------
Chibi Shop Pet to be Shared
-----------------------------------------
Hydra Companion Species (pets to the hydras)
----------------
New Species of Hydras in the future
----------------
Human bases.

Dapper Inquisitor

10,100 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • 50 Wins 150
User Image

User Image

WHAT'S THIS?! AN ADVERTISING CONTEST?!

YUP! THAT'S RIGHT!

This banner here, you see it? Stick it in your siggy, and let's see how many people you gather before I open up the official shop thread!

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/pricing-and-suggestions/spiorad-an-domhain-a-hydra-b-c-i-t-come-in-here/t.85789493_1/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a249/rabid_squirle/Helping shops private/Banner2_zps2a856ae1.gif[/img][/url]
[quote="seru_ame"][/quote]USERNAME SENT ME!

Each referral you get gives 5 points! People who bring in Applicants to work here get an additional 5 points, as well! The person with the most points will win a perma baby hydra, the one featured in the banner! Second prize is a semi-custom, roleplay-to-grow hydra, and third prize is a semi-custom miniature wyvern.

The Points:
1. xKOVAKtheWOLFx | 10 points
2. Manasstalker | 25 points
3. Revel1984 | 5 Points
4. Caitlyn Hellstorm | 5 points
5. Lolli-pop Psycho | 5 points

Dapper Inquisitor

10,100 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Post 9, Obtaining A Pet

We'll be holding contests, and give aways, once the shop finally opens. Almost ALL offered pets will start as children, and will require roleplay to grow. ((However, there will be growth-based bribes, m'dears; do not worry!))

Once you get a pet, you'll have 48 hours to take it to a certing thread. If you don't, it'll be given to the runner up (in a contest or money-based giveaway) or rehomed.

Customs will also be offered, in addition to events in which you may acquire a hydra.

75k unedited roleplay-required growth.
50k Perma babies.
250k for auto-growth MINIMUM.

Prices subject to change. Prices shown here are unedited semi-custom prices.

Dapper Inquisitor

10,100 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Post 10, Hiring

I'll be looking for: Colorists, Certists, and Managers. I'll fill this in more when it isn't three in the morning.

Colorists:
Hello there, m'dears. So glad you're interested in working with me! A couple of things I'd like mention; you should consider the fact that these bases have a number of shading layers; if the colors look clouded, I expect you to pick a shade and recolor each layer of shading and highlights to make it look better. I would suggest a light blue tone, or perhaps some reddish browns for cool or warm overall colors. I would also ask that you change the outline color to suit the body well. I would like for you to color 2-3 hydras for me, fully, and submit a png with a transparent background and resized to a height of 375x300 wide pixels (about 22% size). I would also like to see your other works, and if you'd be willing to work full or part time; also EDITED COLORISTS WILL BE LOVED...

A note about Edits, while I'm on the topic: only 'natural' edits, such as vines or flowers, or small lineart edits, such as vestigial wings or added eyes, or scars, or human-made edits, such as light armor, saddles, harnesses, or some kinds of jewelry, are permitted. Most will be expected to show on the adolescent or adult stages, and should be explained in roleplay as to why they have these edits, be it human interaction or by virtue of birth.

Full-Time Pay
--------------------
1 hydra child, colored and edited by you every three months of active service. This child is to be grown by you, as it meets the roleplay requirements.
OR
1 adult hydra instead of a child every five months. Colors and edits are up to you.

In addition to the free hydra:
100% of all profits from auctions, customs, and breedings done by you.
Profit sharing amongst participating colorists in Raffles and Flatsales divided equally.
100% of bribe customs done by you.

Full-Time Workload
----------------------------
2-3 custom slots opened each month; all of these will be growing from the child stage. Growings are expected to be completed prior to acceptance of payment and turned into the Hydra Database (photobucket) and distributed in a timely fashion.
1-2 Bribe Slots; these could be roleplay-free growths or simply one-stage adults. As above, all stages must be turned in prior to acceptance of payment.
2 breedings every two months; growths and such to be provided prior to acceptance of payment.
1 auction every 3-4 months; these are expected to be edited in some way.
OPTIONAL:
2-3 Raffle/Flatsale hydra hatchlings. All growths... yup, you can guess about it by now.

Part-Time Pay
--------------------
1 hydra child, colored and edited by you, provided every four months of service. This is to be grown by you as it meets the roleplay requirements.

In addition to the free hydra:
100% of all profits from auctions, customs, and breedings done by you.
Profit sharing amongst participating colorists in Raffles and Flatsales divided equally.
100% of bribe customs done by you.

Part-Time Workload
----------------------------
1-2 custom slots opened each month; all of these will be growing from the child stage. Growings are expected to be completed prior to acceptance of payment and turned into the Hydra Database (photobucket) and distributed in a timely fashion.
1 breeding every 2 months.
OPTIONAL:
2-3 Raffle/Flatsale hydra hatchlings. All growths... yup, you can guess about it by now.

Breedings
--------------
Full or part-time may open up 1-2 breeding slots every two months. Breeding is not expected at this time; however, when it is, I will ask that any colorist interested in doing breedings apply a second time if already employed.

Click here for the PSD.
Please, do NOT steal for personal use.

[quote="seru_ame"]HEY YOU! I WANNA BE A FULL/PART-TIME COLORIST![/quote]Here's what I can do with your bases: [url=]Image 1[/url] | [url=]Image 1[/url] | [url=]Image 1[/url]
[b]Can you Edit?[/b] If yes, indicate which of the Hydras is edited. I will be paying special attention to the edited hydra.
[b]Are you ready to start as soon as the Shop opens?[/b]
[b]What other shops, if any, have you/are you working at?[/b]
[b]Other art examples:[/b]
[b]Give me three good things about yourself, and one bad thing, work-wise. Be honest![/b]

--------------------------------------

Applicants

--------------------------------------

DraconicFeline
Here's what I can do with your bases: Image 1 | Image 2 | Image 3
Can you Edit? Nope, not with templated stuff
Are you ready to start as soon as the Shop opens? Yeah
What other shops, if any, have you/are you working at? Station, Wark (technically), The Lost: An Alien BC, Soon: Brass Bells- a Supernatural BC
Other art examples:
X X X X X X X X X X
Give me three good things about yourself, and one bad thing, work-wise. Be honest!
Good things:
- I get really enthusiastic and if you harness it I will be happy to jump through hoops for you
- I love rping in the BC forum- I always tag back
- I can cert too

Bad:
- I procrastinate. There, I admit it.

Dapper Inquisitor

10,100 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Post 11, Affiliates

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/pricing-and-suggestions/spiorad-an-domhain-a-hydra-b-c-i-t-come-in-here/t.85789493_1/][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a249/rabid_squirle/Helping shops private/Banner2_zps2a856ae1.gif[/img][/url]

Take our leetle banner here!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dapper Inquisitor

10,100 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Post 12, Staff and Credits

Seru_ame: Owner, templatist, artist, and concept designer... love on me?

Sesshy552: Guest colorist; might be willing to give us edited babbins. MAYBE.

Manasstalker: Cert/Banner Designer.

Dapper Inquisitor

10,100 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Post 13, Reserved

Dapper Inquisitor

10,100 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • 50 Wins 150