Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
So, what do you politicians think?

To give you a bit foundation on the subject:

Who are roma people:
Roma people are an ethnic group in Eastern-Europe. It is estimated that there is 10 - 12 million of them living in the EU. Their plight is one of the biggest crime against human rights in the European Union. Their living conditions are horrible, access to education is minimal and ongoing racism feeds the discrimination against them.

Their situation in Europe:
In Hungary Jobbik party wants to gather them into "camps", where you'd get out when you had became "Hungarian enough". France is deporting these people back to Romania and other countries and in Finland there has been a lot of struggles between right wing city officials and human right activists. For example the city council wants to pass a law through the parliament to criminalise public begging.

Profitable Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Hm. Should public begging be banned? I mean, here you can perform in public to solicit charity, but you need a space permit. I like that system.

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
How can someone without any money or status in society get a space permit? I mean these people do it because they have no choice. As EU citizens they have the right to travel inside the union and stay in one country for three months at a time.

Profitable Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Sini X
How can someone without any money or status in society get a space permit? I mean these people do it because they have no choice. As EU citizens they have the right to travel inside the union and stay in one country for three months at a time.

Well they don't pay for them, they just have designated spots.

3,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
Sini X

Who are roma people:
Roma people are an ethnic group in Eastern-Europe. It is estimated that there is 10 - 12 million of them living in the EU. Their plight is one of the biggest crime against human rights in the European Union. Their living conditions are horrible, access to education is minimal and ongoing racism feeds the discrimination against them.

I think it's terrible that a group of people are being pushed around like this. It's sickening to see that Europe claims to be so almighty and perfect compared to America, but then these far-right nutjobs start to take over and feed racism towards these ethnic minorities. It's as bad as America with everyone that isn't white!

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Quote:
France is deporting these people back to Romania and other countries

By demolished at least 51 illegal Roma camps and began the process of repatriating their illegal residents to their countries of origin

sorry how is that in anyway bad?

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
These people have no chances in their own society. There are very few, if any, chances for them to build "legal" camps. And they become illegal very fast. And most of the "legal" campsites are not free. So access to clean water and basic hygiene is liable to charge. These people are treated like trash. Literally.
Sini X
These people have no chances in their own society. There are very few, if any, chances for them to build "legal" camps. And they become illegal very fast. And most of the "legal" campsites are not free. So access to clean water and basic hygiene is liable to charge. These people are treated like trash. Literally.

Proof positive that the unemployed and homeless are even less welcome when they develop a culture around it.
I have nothing but a bleeding heart for the Rroma people. They are an often misunderstood and demonized people, and this undeservedly.

However, the reality of the matter is that they adhere to a style and form of life that clashes with what the majority of civilization has ended up being. The same was true of the Jews living in Christian Europe until the end of World War 2. Those that were not heavily assimilated, by and large, left the various countries of Europe because it had become clear that our culture and gentile culture were genuinely incompatible within the establishment of Europe. Fortunately, the political powers were aligned after the war and we got our own country to hole up in.

Of course, the Rroma are not so lucky as to have a place to call their ethnic homeland, so the situation is quite sticky. Despite this, Rroma community leaders have got to accept that in order to continue their way of life, their way of life will have to be changed in some ways so as to respect the lands wherein they are guests.

3,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
The Raging 4Skin
However, the reality of the matter is that they adhere to a style and form of life that clashes with what the majority of civilization has ended up being. The same was true of the Jews living in Christian Europe until the end of World War 2. Those that were not heavily assimilated, by and large, left the various countries of Europe because it had become clear that our culture and gentile culture were genuinely incompatible within the establishment of Europe. Fortunately, the political powers were aligned after the war and we got our own country to hole up in.

What I have in bold is pretty much the exact same reason that France is demonizing Muslims now by forcing the burka ban on them now.
The Raging 4Skin
They are an often misunderstood and demonized people, and this undeservedly.

Steals
Assualts
Squats on public land

Gets called a violent theiving layabout

Is a misunderstood victim.
Yes their living conditions are horrible.

50 thousand + romani living in Portugal. All of them receiving 400+euros/month in help by the governess. Each family receives more money if their kids go to school. Lots of them received free housing. Theey have 0euro IRS payment because the governement says so.

Their conditions don't improve, their living standards don't either. Their kids keep illiterate. They destroy every single house and apartment, creating animal barns and making farmland in bath tubs.

They exhaust free contraceptives and keep having families of 9+ (all supported by the governement, of course).

Portugal should do the same to the Romani people as France is doing. They are a burden to our country's coffers and contribute jackshit even though they are the most supported community in Portugal.

In my life, I was "only" 3 times victim of attempted robbery. All of those 3 times, the perpetrators were all Romani, so forgive me when I say, in light of all this, ******** them and let them die.

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Regular 100
The Raging 4Skin

Squats on public land

Why is squatting even a crime? I think buildings that are not used, should be used in a way that benefits the society, like housing homeless people.

But here's a story from Italy. Basically. A man playing in the Napoli metro got caught in mafia crossfire and bled dry because passers by wouldn't help him.
Sini X
The Raging 4Skin

Squats on public land

Why is squatting even a crime? I think buildings that are not used, should be used in a way that benefits the society, like housing homeless people.

Yeah bro, whoever thought private property was a good idea? Down with all aspects of civilization!

Why don't you act like a gypsy and marry your 12 year old cousin about it.

(Steal a wallet to fund your honeymoon)

8,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
This isn't from America so I couldn't really care. The EU was a good idea on paper, bad idea in practice, since it created a major "Brain Drain."

But if this was in America, well... Lets just say Amora has the ideology that if you can't contribute to the machine then you are junk to be stepped over. Just a shame we're not in an Authoritarian government system, yet.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff