Welcome to Gaia! ::

Some Witty Name
User Image
Electric Type Gym Leader

Let's fight, 恐れはない 諸刃の剣振りかざした
Let's fight; osore wa nai moroha no tsurugi furikazashita
Let's fight, without any fear, with a double-edged sword brandished over our head.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I chose Rotom-H for three reasons. The first is that in case my Zapdos goes down I do not have another fire move for that oh so need coverage, and the second was for W-O-W. The last reason, though trivial and actually may be covered by Rotom-W is that it's a faster T-Wave than Lanturn.

The stupid eel is a physical attacker set. And this is what I was questioning. I was thinking about swapping him out with Expert Belt Physical Attacker Electivire. I don't feel as though I need 4 ground immune pokemon, and as a sweeper Electivire is faster and, imo, covers more types, hitting 13/17 for super effective damage. More importantly though, it's faster than the eel, and personally I like speed in my sweepers. Hard and fast.

The Gengar. Meh, I like it. Sub let's me scout, and pain split lets me recover the LO damage. That and personally I just like it. I wanted to use the Sub-Disable set, but the recovery just called to me.

I love my Zapdos. I think it's perfectly fine the way it is but i'm open to suggestions. I don't really know what to say about him. It may be a personal pat on the back, but I just like my Zapdos.

I like Lanturn and again it's unexpected. Rotom-W learns all the same moves though, so if I take this out I have an open space left after taking out "-" H. Any suggestions?

Magnezone was the last one, and I was considering taking him out too. He was there to trap steel types, but that hasn't been working. Maybe I just played him wrong at that point and should have waited for the Heatran, but meh, it did have flamethrower so his doom was imminent.

Unlike "most people" ehem, I am actually open to suggestions for this, though I would prefer to keep my Zapdos as he is the star of the team imo.

Marshmowlette's Senpai

Timely Humorist

Korsoju
User Image
User Image

My suggestion, drop the Eel for like you said, Electivire. Keep the Magnezone, and give it Charge Beam, Substitute, Thunderbolt, and HP Fire. Try to trap Pokemon like Ferrothorn, and not Heatran. You can spam Charge Beam, get your special attack raised as high as you want, and have a Substitute up for when you kill it off with an HP Fire. When they bring in a Heatran, just Thunderbolt it, you can sweep their team with a +6 Thunderbolt, or a +6 Hidden Power Fire. If you're going to indeed replace Lanturn with Rotom-W, I'd suggest adding in a Raikou, as it's quite the late-game sweeper when Scarfed.

I really like your team, it performs extremely well together. =o

User Image
Some Witty Name
User Image
Electric Type Gym Leader

Let's fight, without any fear, with a double-edged sword brandished over our head.

I see. So just to sum everything up:

Old Team:
Zapdos, Eeleektross, Rotom-H, Magnezone, Gengar, Lanturn

New Team:

Zapdos, Electivire, Rotom-W, Magnezone, Gengar, Raikou.

Now I do have these two question, though it may not really matter. Question one is it's okay to keep the same move set my Lanturn had for Rotom-W right? Which was: Surf, Thunderbolt, Confuse Ray, T-Wave. I wanted to try the parafusion and so that's the set it's running. Or should I change it up a bit and run Hydro Pump over Surf for the damage? The second question is, why Raikou? I ask because i'm looking at the team and I know I get two wild card spots in my Gym so is it really okay not to use both?

Marshmowlette's Senpai

Timely Humorist

Korsoju
User Image
User Image

If you have one more wild card slot, then I'd recommend you not go with Raikou, as another Wild Card will help you down the long road x3

User Image

Salty Pirate

9,975 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Divine Donator 100
Some Witty Name
User Image
Electric Type Gym Leader

Mono-Type
Zapdos, Electivire, Rotom-W, Magnezone

Wild Cards
Gengar, ?

Hmm. I guess i'll need to think about who this should be. I'm not really good at figuring out what my team needs, but maybe a revenge killer? Hmmm.

Salty Pirate

9,975 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Divine Donator 100
Korsoju

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Maybe a Pokemon that can set up Entry Hazards?

User Image

User Image
Zekil Blakhardt
User Image
Electric Type Gym Leader

Thinking about it lol
I don't suppose you gen your pokemon?

Salty Pirate

9,975 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Divine Donator 100
Korsoju

If I Gen'd my Pokemon, I'd have a team for all 17 types including rotations. xD

User Image

User Image
Zekil Blakhardt
User Image
Electric Type Gym Leader

I suppose this is true then. Hmm.
Good luck trying to get a team for 17 types XD That's gonna be hard lol

Salty Pirate

9,975 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Divine Donator 100
Korsoju

The only team I don't have an outline for is Normal. xD

User Image

User Image

Noob

Totally gonna challenge this league ninja
Five of Seven
User Image
Electric Type Gym Leader

Totally gonna ask you to battle at this point in time xp
battle?

Dapper Capitalist

Whomper
Mr_Improv
I wish to challenge your gym!

I didn't forget about you man, I just got tied up in laddering with this new ubers team.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff