Will you sign?

Yes. 0.48936170212766 48.9% [ 138 ]
Maybe. 0.10992907801418 11.0% [ 31 ]
No. 0.081560283687943 8.2% [ 23 ]
+ 1 Visitor's Option 0.31914893617021 31.9% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 282 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 30 31 32 > >>

User Image
"We can't stand the fact that us Gaians cannot see pictures.

even though it says in the rules not to PM Jamie or myself, feel free to PM me. especially if i haven't posted in eons.

I'm just going to put this bluntly, we're not going to sugar-coat it.
Maybe it's just temporary, but the announcement stated that it's JUST FOR THE WEEKEND. People who are active in forums which pretty much require images face this inconvenience, especially Minishops. Minishops help gold circulate better, and most shops are a complete hassle to maneuver, and I personally had to replace all the links in my shop in order to see them. Topics without Photobucket links now waste our time, and Gaia cannot expect users to take the motion with respect, especially when it's far beyond the estimated time given. Last weekend."

It's kind of solved actually, sweatdrop since [Trish] figured out how to unblock images (See the second quote below), but the blocking was not really something we'd like to have allowed again.
The Announcement was released to us on how to see images more than a week after the estimated time for the blocking, however, Gaia is right on time with their announcements for the Cash Shop.

Who knows how long images will be blocked, and it's likely that this will happen in the future.

Mutationification
[Trish]
This should be deleted.
If you go under My Gaia
and click account
Go down to where it says Image Display Level
Change the setting from Whitelisted images, to all images.
save settings.
TA-DA!
You can now see all images. (Even Tinypic!)

THIS WAS ONLY JUST ESTABLISHED.
This petition was NOT JUST made, and therefore it is fine.
Apparently our concerns about all the broken images had brought some kind of attention and we're making progress.
But this shouldn't be deleted just because the problem is over, that would be stupid.
When making any kind of historical record as documentation, do you just deleted the documentation once the problem is over? No.

Mutationification
I'm not positive if it's just my computer, or if it is the site... But I can't see most PhotoBucket images either, and then, it says that every single one in existence has been moved or deleted. I know PhotoBucket is allowed on my computer, it's a home computer and I have an account there myself before this masquerade.

Regardless, I believe that glitches and problems such as this should be dealt with without hesitation. I own my own mini-shop, and I browse the request forums for people to commission all the time. Not only is it frustrating to click every single image link on every single page, but it's beginning to lag my computer from so much memory being used up when I need to do something as simple as checking reference pictures. When an image is used for a link instead of words, I often only get a link for that image, and not where the thumbnail or what ever leads to, which means that I don't get to get to the locations in which I need to go.

Greatly I appreciate the work of GaiaOnline, because I personally do not have the skill or time to learn how to do such impeccable scripting, but the thing that upsets me is... They have all this time to release items to obtain more money for the site (The Bag of Win and Evolving Items being a big example of this) That I don't believe those should be their top priority. Some of the problems here often become unreasonable and upsetting. I've left the site three times before, and come back in the hopes that things wouldn't be like this again, and each and every time I've been incredibly disappointed. I'd appreciate the site going from being a money whore and into an easy to use, computer friendly community again. I mean seriously, it's sometimes fairly pathetic.

I, Mutationification sign this forum's petition stating that I would appreciate the URLs being replaced with their rightful images again.

Raynbow Luv
I definitely sign.I'm a minishops regular,and I know it's tough to code,but us gaians are smart enough not to click tinyURLs that look suspicious.It's really irritating to click every link you see.It's like being colorblind.Thanks for making this,I hope the developers fix this soon.Also,if any moderators are reading this,I apologize for sounding rude but we'd really like to be able to see non-photobucket images since most people use tinypic.Once again,my username is Raynbow Luv and I agree to sign this petition.

sakura162
I entirely agree. It is horrible to browse through the mini-shops right now, as I can only order from shops that have Photobucket links, because I'd like to see what I'm ordering. You cannot expect each and every one of these shops to replace all of their links, especially if they contain a lot of images. Also, Gaia should at least give us an actual estimated date as for when this will be done -- it has been longer than the weekend and those who own mini-shops should be able to decide if they are going to take the effort replace all of their links. Obviously it was too much of a hassle to have it done by last weekend, and I am a strong believer that if you cannot do what you promised by the date that you promised to have it done by, extend the date to give yourself more time and do not make that commitment at all. We should be given an actual and reliable date so that we know when the images will be back up.

lissalaine

I most definitely sign. My minishop was a disaster until I registered for photobucket. It doesn't seem right to force us into making photobucket accounts. Someone could just as easily post a nasty picture from photobucket before it gets caught.

Saphyn
I was forced to take action because Gaia blocked images, and they killed my WG thread.

I don't know what good a petition will do with the way they're becoming "Nazi-ish," but I will sign anyway

Fujiwara Yuyuko
I agree with this petition but just on the other side. It may not just be the mini shops forum but also other forums as well. Take the Quests/Charities forum. I can't even see what people are questing for. stare

Therefore, I willingly sign this petition. 3nodding

I hope that they will fix this soon.

Toxic Ayame
I definitely sign. The bare links kind of ruin a lot of features of the Community. Innocent Gaians shouldn't have to pay for others' wrongdoings. They might as well apologize for the time this problem has occurred, at least, instead of brushing us off coolly. We don't want to be ignored or neglected, and this seems kind of like it.
It's important to get our images back. D:

:] This is what we like to hear.
-------------

Bunni Queen_of_Plushies
.... I hate to sound rude, but this is a bit ridiculous. It's been a week. I can understand the fact that it's annoying and they didn't give the pictures back when they said they would... But let's face it. The people who own this site and code it aren't entirely reliable on things of this nature, and with good reason I'm sure. Coding isn't easy and by you forcing a petition to get pictures back makes it sound like that they did this just to piss you off.

And that's rather childish and unfair to those who put in blood and sweat to keep this site active and fun for us. A month into this... yea, I could see it then, maybe and that's a big maybe. By changing even one line of coding you have to change another and another because it's all linked together.

I really wish you would have taken this into consideration before making a petition because your pictures are no longer visible until Gaia can get them back up. I'm really sorry if this sounds rude, but you were talking about consideration and you are showing the programmers none.

Yes, we do appreciate the work of the Gaia team, however they need to know that this is not the right way to prevent spam.
If you'd like to say something along the lines of what Bunni Queen posted, you may put forth a sentence or two, but just so you know, it's not going to change our opinion. xD If you're rude enough, you're on the blacklist. = Banned from the petition.
---------------------
-R U L E S-

- -Follow Gaia TOS- -

- -Don't Quote the first page- -

- -Don't Spam- -

- -Don't PM Jamie or Panic- -

-S I G N A T U R E S-
"Posting by itself is not a signature. The signer must clearly state that they have signed."
-Petition Guidelines
Thanks for the support, everyone! <3

1. ChocoCaramel
  2. Reinik
  3. Invaderserena
  4. eulailyan mikoto
  5. Chimmy-Taichou
  6. kaiser321
  7. xx Lemons Make Toast
  8. Xx_Sen-San_xX
  9. sakura-ayanami
  10. XxXAuroraXxX
  11. EvFaerAshlynn
  12. x_pompous COOKIE
  13. Mozuma
  14. Delana1347
  15. Devil_Tony_33
  16. Dragovian Marita
  17. Kaizoku-sama [love]
  18. Minako-J
  19. Nyowpotopop
  20. icecheetah
  21. great_escapes
  22. Hinata Uzamaki
  23. JachyWalcot
  24. JoyRose
  25. hawaiiangurlz1
  26. sakura162
  27. Pineapplelicious
  28. KageSora
  29. Cleo1030
  30. Executable
  31. I Am Candlejack
  32. Legna-chan
  33. AngelDaisz
  34. xX Ooh Pwetty Colors Xx
  35. Kiki-Coco Quest
  36. AmethystTB
  37. Raynbow Luv
  38. war-chan
  39. EroGuro-Chan
  40. t o k y o - v a m p i r e
  41. T3HPhazonDragon
  42. lp_lover_forever
  43. meztli_16
  44. River Kelpie
  45. Parmapaw Pi
  46. Auroraborialis
  47. danamia
  48. xX-Lolita_Vampire-Xx
  49. Fillette Rance
  50. xXangelic_melodyXx
  51. scromlette
  52. Lampexa
  53. all_black
  54. Emo is what we aim for
  55. furry-one
  56. lissalaine
  57. AranthianPrincess
  58. HeianWarrior
  59. Akea-chan
  60. EverlastingButterfly
  61. Saphyn
  62. demagoguery
  63. Fujiwara Yuyuko
  64. Toxic Ayame
  65. supersox5
  66. PandaEnlightenment
  67. Mutationification
  68. demonic kitty 78
  69. Yorugami
  70. Hoji21
  71. Atherton
  72. Angelic Amphetamine
  73. TrinityBelles
  74. KageSora
  75. inukag4ever3
  76. xBRINGxITxDOWNx
  77. HeianWarrior
  78. Needless Fury
  79. Story of my Life
  80. Angelieri
  81. Mechanical Cupcake
  82. elena_lily
  83. Neon-Pink Fuzzy Socks
  84. Stonewaltz
  85. Sandraugiga
  86. xXoOoXx
  87. Dee-Kej
  88. sketch_monster
  89. Chocolate Flavor Muffins
  90. RainaTide
  91. Aletaria
  92. [`hooker-boots]
  93. Blossom Morphine
  94. Kenzie493
  95. nici - S U C C U B I
  96. Celeblas_Lhugitar
  97. I JoKeR I
  98. P 0 i s 0 n B e r r y
  99. Taluria
  100. azzie-chan
  101. spit you out
  102. Selg
  103. iLuvHorses7
  104. leandra0711
  105. Brizy Bee
  106. Tiny5th
  107. iGummi
  108. [Trish]
  109. Oriyn
  110. The Lost TV Remote
  111. Spadequeen5
  112. kehyeen
  113. Dr.LLP BunBun
  114. elliepink
  115. `MaliceMizer
  116. Kagumi Kajoki
  117. XxThe ZandraxX
  118. ErikLeroux
  119. Chibi-peanut
  120. nothing whole or broken
  121. Hh Aa Ll Ee Yy
    L
  122. unathedemoncat
  123. -Mrs Yuffie Kisaragi-
  124. sweetsweetpoison
  125. Misery of Eden
  126. deep_dark_sexy
  127. Verudellita
  128. Naristar
  129. KeiFujimi
  130. Unthinkable Thoughts
  131. siti_hajar
  132. Tsuki Kurai
-L I N K_____I N-

- -Want to help support the cause? Then link us in your siggie, shop, or anywhere else! We'll link you back!- -

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/petitions/stop-the-links-give-us-our-pictures-back-nao-d-u-c/t.39966961/]
[IMG]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj311/Jamie_Loves_Color/banners/--.png[/IMG][/url]

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/petitions/stop-the-links-give-us-our-pictures-back-nao-d-u-c/t.39966961/]
[img]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj311/Jamie_Loves_Color/banners/c1aba624.png[/img][/url]

Thank you Kaiser! <3

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/petitions/stop-the-links-give-us-our-pictures-back-now/t.39966961/]
[IMG]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj311/Jamie_Loves_Color/banners/bringthelinksback.png[/IMG][/url]

Thank you Executable! <3

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/petitions/stop-the-links-give-us-our-pictures-back-now/t.39966961/]
[IMG]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj311/Jamie_Loves_Color/banners/002.gif[/IMG][/url]

Thank you Kiki-Coco Quest! <3

User Image

[IMG]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj311/Jamie_Loves_Color/banners/angry.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Thank you Raynbow Luv! <3

User Image

[IMG]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj311/Jamie_Loves_Color/banners/564973078389029pi0.gif[/IMG][/url]
-O P E N-
User Image

What up, Panic?

User Image
i G0 b.l.a.c.k. AND b l u e,

sweatdrop Sorry, I'm going to go AFK for awhile. Seeing the movie 21. n.n
No signatures yet. :/

FALLiiNG F0R Y0U

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff