Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
This petition is dedicated to getting more black hairstyles on Gaia. Perhaps many of you have noticed but on Gaia, the items representing the black community are incredibly limited in number and usually only focus on things like hip hop. Hairstyles such as the Dandelion and Bird's Nest are merely straight hairdos teased circular and which make them just look wild and unkempt (now THAT'S sending a wonderful message). There doesn't seem to be a strong realization that Afro-textured is merely tightly curled, which gives it the round Afro look when its left to hang (if it's short enough).

The pom pom hair comes close, but it's just straight hair with odd chops to look like cheerleader poms. The only afro I found was small, doesn't even cover the ears, and has little room for innovation. The hairstyle I'm wearing is nice, but has many bugs in it that have gone unfixed for years (try putting on captain ara's headband and see what happens). Hair is a huge part of African American culture, and even if you aren't black, it's becoming pretty common knowledge these days.

Gaia only seems to have the basic type of afro, dreadlocks, or cornrows, neglecting new types of natural black hairstyles that are recently getting more attention. Hairdos such as Afros with bangs, frohawks, heart shaped afros, and half cornrowed, half natural hairstyles. Take a look at some of the examples below.

User Image

This is an Eritrean girl with an Albaso hairstyle.

Here are some other styles

User Image

User Image

These cornrows allow you to wear bangs with it, without it looking awkward like the cornrows in the salon because there's not enough straight/pulled back hair in the front to offer transition. There's more you can do with this versus the former.

Here are examples of bantu knots

User Image

But, for the record...

User Image

LOOKIE HERE! Even gothic lolita girls are sporting the new black hairstyles. So even IF this is an otaku community, there really is no excuse.

If anyone is interested, please join the black beauty guild for more tips on how to get new black hairstyles and share your pics and advice with others! There is no entrance fee required, and everyone is welcome to join. Raise awareness! Join by clicking the following link: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/id.330586

6,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Signatures:

1. ExodusNirvana
2. Ame no Yanagi
3. Murdoc Muds Niccals
4. XFamousLastWordsZombieX
5. Shattered Spectrum
6. 00xuxa00
7. Fatality Killjoy
8. Miss Pumpkin
9. aisu kuriimuu
10. she collects dreams
11. - x Glass Kitten x -
12. Ave Machina
13. Akane1313
14. EmilyEverlasting
15. Veag
16. StarLilyNight
17. Memette
18. srsly strwbrrz
19. ox-Jar of Hearts-xo
20. Icedapple_o3o
21. ManiacSpiderDoll13
22. Fancy Me0w
23. Apollonii
24. SundineDysis
25. cherry god mother
26. Alice Loves Him
27. BoredBlue
28. ikally
29. Ember-babe
30. DungeonSableye
31. apiyo
32. Tenko72
33. Belladona beso
34. Sukiyuna
35. Pandoras Locks
36.TwistedButterfly137
37. Ping of Death
38. jeno135
39. Idaten Nine
40. Infinite_Randomness
41. rimedragona
42. Vacant Vessel

6,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Affiliate petition(s)

User Image

Dapper Gaian

825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
x______ExodusNirvana
Take that as my signature, I wholeheartedly support what you're doing
User Image

User Image

Blinkie courtesy of Hikari_Sango. ありがとう! ♥

User Image

7,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Informer 100
  • Autobiographer 200
I SIGN!! heart heart Finally! I've been wondering about this for forever! -Happy spaz-

Cat

I sign! I love seeing more diversity and options on Gaia.

Hygienic Member

6,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Voter 100
  • Gaian 50
eek yes for beautiful curls! eek

I sign this petition.

Eloquent Heckler

-Signs- Sounds good to me.

Shameless Lunatic

9,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

6,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Thanks so much for the support guys! I've been rather busy so I wasn't able to put the signatures up yesterday! Again, thank you all so very much!
        she collects dreams- hereby sign this petition.
I'll sign!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces