Welcome to Gaia! ::

O.G. Millionaire

8,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
There are many, MANY threads hoping to make it possible to opt-out on the PMs that Flynn sends on all of our friends' birthdays, and many petitions, but hopefully this petition will help get the opt-out, or full disabling of the birthday PMs.

The topic that originated this Petition

Where you should go to spam instead of spamming here.

This is an exact quote (no PM inbox screenshot) of the first post of that topic:

Quote:
It started back when i had 300 friends, and I was getting 10 "Its almost your friend's birthday!" PMs a day, I have deleted 200 of these people, yet i am still getting notifications of their birthdays.

But now its really starting to annoy me when i am trying to check my PMs when i wake up, but its just Flynn telling me to spend gaia cash that I dont have, or in a tiny area at the bottom of the PM, telling me to spend gold for a gift.

So call me an a** if you want, but i dont care about people's birthdays online unless i consider them people i talk to a lot, such as a few people i added from BetterGaia, and a few people i know on MSN too.

I think it would be a good idea for the Gaia Developers to make it so you can actually opt-out of her notifications, or make it so if you ignore her, she stops sending you PMs, because honestly its a completely asinine concept that gaia needs to advertise stuff that is worth a quarter, and needs to advertise it when its your friend's birthday.
STORY TIME!!
"yaaawn... wow i slept great *looks at calendar* oh no its Blood Promise's birthday (dont worry she is my friend) i need to check gaia!"
-5 minutes later-
"ah i have a PM *opens inbox* "
Flynn: "IT ALMOST YOUR FRIEND'S BIRTHDAY, GAIA WANT JUR MONEYZ PAY ME NOW OR NO ITEM FOR YOU"
"son of a b***h! goddamn flynn advertising crap, im gonna go hurt someone"
-2 hours later, in gaia towns-
Blood: "where is Ckhi, i thought he would be here, it is my birthday after all... all my other friends are here"
-back in my house, in a blood splattered room rocking back and forth with wristblades out-
"i hate you flynn i hate you flynn i hate you flynn i hate you flynn I HATE YOU FLYNN!!!!! *goes on bloody rampage through neighborhood*

Sorry for it getting kinda graphic and evil at the end, but it wouldnt be an EXACT quote without the story.

Hopefully with enough signatures, we can get an opt-out feature initiated.

O.G. Millionaire

8,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
RULES

1. No Spamming
  2. If you sign, you must specifically say that you sign
  3. Stay in the ToS (No Cybering, no uber explicit language, etc)
  4. If you have something terribly important to say to me, PM it, dont post it. i will be checking mainly for signatures, not for people who want to know something

O.G. Millionaire

8,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
Signatures

1. Ckhi Kuzad
  2. i love creeps
  3. I am Kira xD
  4. Fox Printz
  5. BlazeCruce
  6. Blood Promise
  7. Savverz
  8. Rozen Kitten
  9. Kahlan_BrightBla
  10. Mashneku
  11. xXLeRawrXx
  12. XxxTacoManSupremexxX
  13. SaeKasu
  14. starlett-night
  15. xY u k u m i - c h a nx
  16. Dlen Isolde
  17. dxhxmerkhgdjs (nymshi, i think.)
  18. Bromius Bacchus
  19. 1337Alucard
  20. Your Dark ArchAngel
  21. Mira the Illusionist
  22. LunaRei_SilverBlood
  23. smallhobbit
  24. Niblem Tea
  25. Diamond Rika
  26. Moroboshist
  27. Thy Black Dove
  28. Poisonous Fairy
  29. emothunder
  30. Portocala Capsuna
  31. Ben Pond
  32. vendetta_lexicon
  33. Shady-chan
  34. Batsi
  35. Maladroitly
  36. SayuriIwata

I will be checking for signatures every time I am on, and updating

O.G. Millionaire

8,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

O.G. Millionaire

8,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

O.G. Millionaire

8,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
^-^ sign! I am KiraxD

Devoted Citizen

14,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Tycoon 200
Someday I shall rule the world...

I sign!! 3nodding

...With my massive army of chickens

Anxious Shapeshifter

8,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Object of Affection 150

I sign. <3

Lonely Friend

12,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
Ckhi Kuzad
There are many, MANY threads hoping to make it possible to opt-out on the PMs that Flynn sends on all of our friends' birthdays, and many petitions, but hopefully this petition will help get the opt-out, or full disabling of the birthday PMs.

The topic that originated this Petition

Where you should go to spam instead of spamming here.

This is an exact quote (no PM inbox screenshot) of the first post of that topic:

Quote:
It started back when i had 300 friends, and I was getting 10 "Its almost your friend's birthday!" PMs a day, I have deleted 200 of these people, yet i am still getting notifications of their birthdays.

But now its really starting to annoy me when i am trying to check my PMs when i wake up, but its just Flynn telling me to spend gaia cash that I dont have, or in a tiny area at the bottom of the PM, telling me to spend gold for a gift.

So call me an a** if you want, but i dont care about people's birthdays online unless i consider them people i talk to a lot, such as a few people i added from BetterGaia, and a few people i know on MSN too.

I think it would be a good idea for the Gaia Developers to make it so you can actually opt-out of her notifications, or make it so if you ignore her, she stops sending you PMs, because honestly its a completely asinine concept that gaia needs to advertise stuff that is worth a quarter, and needs to advertise it when its your friend's birthday.
STORY TIME!!
"yaaawn... wow i slept great *looks at calendar* oh no its Blood Promise's birthday (dont worry she is my friend) i need to check gaia!"
-5 minutes later-
"ah i have a PM *opens inbox* "
Flynn: "IT ALMOST YOUR FRIEND'S BIRTHDAY, GAIA WANT JUR MONEYZ PAY ME NOW OR NO ITEM FOR YOU"
"son of a b***h! goddamn flynn advertising crap, im gonna go hurt someone"
-2 hours later, in gaia towns-
Blood: "where is Ckhi, i thought he would be here, it is my birthday after all... all my other friends are here"
-back in my house, in a blood splattered room rocking back and forth with wristblades out-
"i hate you flynn i hate you flynn i hate you flynn i hate you flynn I HATE YOU FLYNN!!!!! *goes on bloody rampage through neighborhood*

Sorry for it getting kinda graphic and evil at the end, but it wouldnt be an EXACT quote without the story.

Hopefully with enough signatures, we can get an opt-out feature initiated.
wow im flattered? ckhi dont use me in public xD or do but dont make me so malitious but ehhh signed nonetheless i got 25 birthday pms in the last week. its rather annoying i dont even know most of them.

Invisible Shapeshifter

7,850 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Forum Junior 100
I sign, it really sucks when your birthday if way off. Like mine, it says January 1st, but I put July 20th when I registered.
I sign. rofl 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces