• Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Table of Content

1. Rules
  2. Petition
  3. Function
  4. Features
  5. Ways it could help the Economy
  6. Why it won't effect Competitions or Trophies being given away.
  7. Pictures and descriptions of the item

Rules

1. Follow All TOS and rules of this forum
  2. Flaming, Harrasment and other vicious acts will get you reported and placed on my ignore list.
  3. Before you post remember you still have to catch fish, knowing what it is and other stuff doesn't make you a good fisher. Getting the fish in the bucket makes you a good fisher.

Petition Info

Ok I had an ideal for fishers. There should be a device you can buy that lets see the fish or junk item on the line. I admit i got the idea kinda from a Metal detector commercial where the detector told the person what they found.
Function

The function of the device is to tell the user what kind of fish or trash they have hooked, weight, length, and value. As well as give info on how hard the fish is fighting/pulling, the water temperature, the current outdoor temperature, and wind speed/direction. There are all factors that do play roles in real life fishing.

Features

1. On/Off Switch
  2. Changable Face Plate
  3. Waterproff and floats
  4. Meaturments are in the Metric system.
  5. Full GPS chartplotting and high performance fishing system
  6. Brilliant TFT display
  7. Precision 16 channel WAAS GPS Receiver included
  8. Current/Water temperature and wind speed
  9. Networkable & upgradeable Fishing System

Batteries not included.

Ways it could help the Economy

In order to get the device I believe the best way would to obtain a certain number of fish, or buy it with a certain amount of gold.

Given that the Rods cost lots of money, this device might cost just as much, but understandably so. It could help Gaia get some gold out of the system, and lessen the need for the 2% tax in the marketplace.

I think the price should be around the 10k mark like the upgrade rods, This could also help make it where only serious fishers would need the device.

The device should need regular maintenance such as replacing the batteries and/or Floater/Bobber on a regular basis.

The batteries could cost 2000g and be replaced every 1000 buckets. This could also be another way for Gaia to get revenue to lessen the need for the 2% marketplace tax.

This would also make it more diffcult for botters to misuse the device if at all possible. It would make no sense for them to use it since it doesn't do anything but give the user info they might like to know about a certain fish at the time.

As for the Floater/Bobber i think like real fishing you should have to change it every now and then. who wants a floater.bobber covered with moss and algae? Also the user could buy different ones like one that sends data to the sonar about what mood the fish is in, and other weird things.

Customizing the look of the Sonar Device would be cool. Maybe make it where Old Man Logan will give you special covers in exchange for fish. like 5000 Red Guppies gets you a Red Cuppy theme cover plate.

Also cover plates you could buy in Old Man Logan's store would be cool too.

Why it won't effect Competitions or Trophies being given away.

1. Trophies haven't been awarded in a long time, so I doubt having this will effect that this late in the game.
  2. This does not make it unfair for trophy competitors because they have an equal opportunity to have their own sonar as well. You don't need to be a rich user to own one.
  3. Gaia could easily make a server devoted to competition fishing where the device is inactive, or not allowed.
  4. Knowing what you have on the line won't get you the fish or trash item any easier. You still have to reel the sucker in.
  5. Because the Data pops up, it might just makes things harder for you. I know everyone except bots have lots fish because they get distracted. The device could distract you if you are unskilled or are not that great at fishing.
  6. YOU STILL HAVE TO CATCH THE FISH!!!
  7. Luck is still needed to make sure it doesn't cross that thin line between caught and got away.

Pictures and descriptions of the item

This Float/Bobber sends data about the fish and conditions in the water and environment to the sonar device via wireless connection. It works on a wi-fi type deal i guess you could say.

User Image

This is an image showing the device giving a read out on a Red Guppy. The read out displays the current temperature outside of the water, but it also alternates to the water temperature. It shows the wind direction and speed, and how hard the fish is pulling.

Under what kind of fish, it shows data on weight, length and current market value.

All measurements are metric.

User Image

Here is the device displaying a map of Bass'ken Lake

User Image

Banner

User Image

Dangerous Lunatic

7,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Signatures
*Note this petition is over two years old, and has just re-opened officially, some names may be different now, either they left gaia, were hacked, or got tired of the old user name. I have posted the old list, and a new list with the current names of the signers*

Old signature list

1. Liime
  2. KarineJ
  3. meogE15
  4. MahiruZion
  5. Hitoshi_Halfbreed
  6. Natsuhana
  7. Tayroy1
  8. Ree_sch
  9. Echo_Alchemist
  10. yoiggle
  11. ~The Asian~
  12. marina_kikaider
  13. [Axle]
  14. luperus
  15. iracume
  16. o~( .n_n. )~o
  17. fuzzyfuzzy
  18. ryoohki1978
  19. mid-night wish
  20. Oseala
  21. Static Wave
  22. ~^_^~little mokona~^_^~
  23. Malecden
  24. comeplaywithme

New up-to-date list

1. That Bear Who Smokes Alot
  2. KarineJ
  3. Puffaluffagous
  4. Mahiru Zion
  5. fearnaruto
  6. beenhackby King Kool Aid
  7. Tayroy T.
  8. Ree_sch
  9. Miko_chick2004
  10. Echo Ultrim
  11. ~The Asian~
  12. Pen Arumasi
  13. [Axle]
  14. EpicFail_Woman
  15. iracume
  16. o~( .n_n. )~o
  17. fuzzyfuzzy
  18. ryoohki1978
  19. mid-night wish
  20. Oseala
  21. ~Maliferous`~
  22. ~^_^~little mokona~^_^~
  23. Malecden
  24. DemonPanda3551
  25. new account is xiaoey
  26. No User Found
  27. When_Darkness_Rises
  28. zeke34
  29. sophiariver
  30. arrowriver
  31. monkercrapsmells
  32. Miss_Chanel
  33. ForeverEnds87
  34. Takuto_Girl
  35. pookey1028
  36. the_silver_bullet
  37. Bronze_L
  38. comeplaywithme
  39. teasha7
  40. Bob Neigh
  41. Symphony_Flute708
  42. honkie
  43. final_twinkle
  44. a Twisted Cheshire Cat
  45. whisperXscream
  46. BrazilianGal
  47. gian446
  48. Bikki Kobayashi V
  49. turtlekwack
  50. Fe1ix
  51. i amethyst i
  52. Super Saiyan Marita
  53. Mally91
  54. Imperial Mask
  55. AloysiusWeasley
  56. Sweetlyevil
  57. Black_Witch113
  58. Rainy Little Ghost
  59. Quatre of Ice
  60. PrincessBri123
  61. ZadeyOats
  62. thedemonrocker
  63. Ellyrock
  64. Insert ACDC-ish Name
  65. Weird Pokemon
  66. Koshito
  67. Pokemon No1 Fan
  68. Amulet of Fire
  69. sbttw2003
  70. alhemra_idleheart
  71. Opalback Lion
  72. Renzilla
  73. N y t h S y t h
  74. Wolfs_rain_Tsume13
  75. emuthesuperhero
  76. monkyboy889
  77. ReneeRose
  78. darklover1989
  79. Gringoire
  80. Miscellaneous13
  81. deep_dark_sexy
  82. keito melfina
  83. Tears and Laughing Gas
  84. disliker of the mary sue
  85. monkey_amanda_29
  86. BeverlyAngel
  87. Fantasma okami
  88. Leavina
  89. Panda Go Moo
  90. Rokubii
  91. Jake261
  92. Kiggy
  93. Tasteless Rain
  94. kookiburra
  95. Animas-Princess
  96. Queen Durem
  97. tanleya100
  98. Fung Master Flex
  99. zalzamorapr
  100. Naturally Beautiful
  101. Musical Artist Girl
  102. Thweide
  103. Ame no Yanagi
  104. Grivanna
  105. counter-strike rocks
  106. PRINCESS_OF_CHAOS 001
  107. Twilight_Moon_Racer
  108. sakura-ayanami
  109. I-JNX
  110. Valeera
  111. Sleet Tempest Snape
  112. vyktor-kun
  113. Folow you into the dark
  114. Nako Morrigan
  115. TehhColourlessCookie
  116. i T 3 N S H I
  117. iGertrude
  118. Vampira666PMS
  119. Stonewaltz
  120. Emma Jane-Chan
  121. Emi Mayu
  122. Sakura Hashi
  123. iiG L A M O R O U S
  124. bird_fox
  125. Sakura_Zuhimori
  126. -my_collapsed_rectum-
  127. pas8
  128. Vee Mama
  129. illiterate_x
  130. The Dark Illuminati
  131. Kiggy
  132. songlover16

Dangerous Lunatic

7,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
sign area 2

Dangerous Lunatic

7,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
sign area 3

Dangerous Lunatic

7,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
sign area 4
I will sign!

Dangerous Lunatic

7,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Horrible idea.

Lets have a device that tells us what to invest in, and what the next months donation item will be.

No.

Dangerous Lunatic

7,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Dangerous Lunatic

7,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Dangerous Lunatic

7,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
_$$$$$$$$$$$$$__$$$$_________$$$__$$$$_______________$$$$$$$$______$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$_$$$$________$$$$__$$$$___________$$$_$$$$$$$$$$____$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$____$$$$$_$$$$________$$$$__$$$$__________$$$$__$$$$$$$$$$____$$$$$$ _$$$$$_____$$$$_$$$$_______$$$$___$$$$_________$$$$$__$$$$_$$$$$$___$$$$$$ _$$$$$___$$$$$__$$$$_______$$$$___$$$$$______$$$$$$$__$$$$___$$$$$__$$$$$$ _$$$$__$$$$$____$$$$_______$$$$__$$$$$$_____$$$$$$$___$$$$____$$$$___$$$$ _$$$$$$$$$______$$$$______$$$$___$$$$$$$__$$$$$$$$$___$$$_____$$$$___$$$$ $$$$$$$_________$$$$______$$$$___$$$$$$$$$$$$__$$$___$$$$____$$$$____$$$$ $$$$$$$_________$$$$_____$$$$____$$$_$$$$$$$___$$$___$$$$____$$$$_____$$ $$$$$$$$$$$_____$$$$_____$$$$____$$$___$$$____$$$$___$$$___$$$$$$_____$$ _$$$_$$$$$$$$___$$$$____$$$$$____$$$__________$$$____$$$$$$$$$$_______$$ _$$$_____$$$$$___$$$$__$$$$$$____$$$__________$$$___$$$$$$$___________ _$$$____$$$$$$___$$$$$$$$$$$____$$$$__________$$$___$$$$_____________$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$____$$$$$$_$$$$____$$$__________$$$_____$$$____________$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$_______$$$$___$$$$___$$$__________$$_____$$$$____________$$$$$$ $$$$$$$____________$$$____$$$___$$$__________$$_____$$$$_____________$$$$
lol I will sign!

Dangerous Lunatic

7,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
_$$$$$$$$$$$$$__$$$$_________$$$__$$$$_______________$$$$$$$$______$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$_$$$$________$$$$__$$$$___________$$$_$$$$$$$$$$____$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$____$$$$$_$$$$________$$$$__$$$$__________$$$$__$$$$$$$$$$____$$$$$$ _$$$$$_____$$$$_$$$$_______$$$$___$$$$_________$$$$$__$$$$_$$$$$$___$$$$$$ _$$$$$___$$$$$__$$$$_______$$$$___$$$$$______$$$$$$$__$$$$___$$$$$__$$$$$$ _$$$$__$$$$$____$$$$_______$$$$__$$$$$$_____$$$$$$$___$$$$____$$$$___$$$$ _$$$$$$$$$______$$$$______$$$$___$$$$$$$__$$$$$$$$$___$$$_____$$$$___$$$$ $$$$$$$_________$$$$______$$$$___$$$$$$$$$$$$__$$$___$$$$____$$$$____$$$$ $$$$$$$_________$$$$_____$$$$____$$$_$$$$$$$___$$$___$$$$____$$$$_____$$ $$$$$$$$$$$_____$$$$_____$$$$____$$$___$$$____$$$$___$$$___$$$$$$_____$$ _$$$_$$$$$$$$___$$$$____$$$$$____$$$__________$$$____$$$$$$$$$$_______$$ _$$$_____$$$$$___$$$$__$$$$$$____$$$__________$$$___$$$$$$$___________ _$$$____$$$$$$___$$$$$$$$$$$____$$$$__________$$$___$$$$_____________$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$____$$$$$$_$$$$____$$$__________$$$_____$$$____________$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$_______$$$$___$$$$___$$$__________$$_____$$$$____________$$$$$$ $$$$$$$____________$$$____$$$___$$$__________$$_____$$$$_____________$$$$

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff