Vermillion Smoker

19,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Tipsy 100
INCLUDE ME~
I SIGN!
Username: DjAngelicHentai
Why do I love gaia: It is a place that i can express my creativity and meet people.
Anything else you wanna say: Me and my wife have used this site since about 2008 or so. we used to buy gaia cash every week, this is when alruna's rose was still evolving. As of late i have grown to dislike the site in general due to the constant cramming of Gcash down our throats. When you released the '03 recolors i actually thought to buy some gaia cash to reward you guys for making me happy. then, very soon after, you released the chests. do you guys even realize what the chests have done to this website. booty was fine, although quite frustrating, but the chests are quite scummy. the site has evolved into a place where you can just exchange cash for currency (in high amounts i might add)

Cheery Treasure

15,325 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Love Machine 150
INCLUDE ME~
I SIGN!
Username: BinaryVolts
Why do I love gaia: I love the community, I love the people, I love that it allows me to be creative. I interpreted my avatar as an OC and I love to draw her and my friends' avatars interacting. Together we've created an entire series and every virtual item helps add to their ongoing story.
Anything else you wanna say: I respect Gaia needs to make money and I wholeheartedly support that. I want to see this site last for years, but I feel like the worst sting of all these sales lately is that you're inadvertently turning Gaians against each other, separating them between the have's and the have-not's. Not everyone has money to spend on the website, but those people do contribute to the site by keeping it active and giving each other a reason to return. Not many of my friends have the means to spend money on the site, but they keep me coming back every single day. Besides the impossible-to-win contests you release every so often, there's no way for loyal Gaians to make money without GCash. Guilds are dying, threads are dwindling, the marketplace is in ruin, and every time I visit Ask the Admin I do not get satisfactory responses, if any at all. And I see many other Gaians getting put off as well regarding valid concerns to the site's usage, activity, and overall longevity. In closing, I feel that all these recent sales are actually hurting what you've built more than you realize. I'm happy you're making money, but please put it to good use now that you have it. Give us something we need now, something we don't have to buy in order to receive. Guild help, inventory arranger, better security! Why tempt us with expensive things if you're not going to protect us properly? Please Gaia, I don't want to lose faith in you.

Poltergeist Loiterer

INCLUDE ME~
I SIGN!
Username: BeteIgeuse

Aged Pumpkin

INCLUDE ME~
I SIGN!
Username: Cao
Why do I love Gaia: There's a community here and a way of connecting with people that I just haven't found anywhere else online (well, since I found Gaia I stopped looking as hard). It's not really a hard place to find a place that you belong in the forums, because there are so many different topics out there. I do love the fact that there are a ton of items out there to dress up my avatar with, it creates such a freedom in that you almost never see the same avatar on some other person.

Anything else you wanna say: Yes, I have been here a long time. Yes, I have invested a fair bit of time and more than a fair bit of actual money into this site. I believe that these two things (especially the latter) give me the right to at least say something towards the current direction of Gaiaonline. It's crap. I don't mind occasionally spending money here just for fun, but when twenty four of forty of the last community announcements have pushed the sale of Gaia Cash items (whether they be Flash Sales or RIGs or MC), I think it's gone too far. It used to be okay, occasionally there would be a cash-exclusive item that everyone would be talking about (okay, so I thought the RIGs were bollocks when they first came out), but only occasionally. Now, it seems that the only things that ever get released are for Gaia Cash. We get a Gold Shop update maybe once every three months; whereas, since August 26, we've had 24 Gaia Cash events.
I lament where this site is going and despite all my connections here, I will not hesitate to sever all connections with gaiaonline.com if something isn't done to balance things out. This is my official declaration that I will not spend one more cent on Gaia until something is done about the imbalance and the s**t-economy that all this money-mongering has caused.

7,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Overstocked 200
INCLUDE ME~
I SIGN!
Username: eternal_rawr_cookies

Lonely Prophet

9,375 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Overstocked 200
I sign!
Gaia is not the loving community it used to be like back when I joined in 2007. It was a wonderful experience and the users made it something to come home to every day and participate in games, meetings, and discussions. Nowadays I don't know why I am still on Gaia, the users are not friendly and think that everyone is after your gold/items not for friendship. I even think like that now and I mostly lurk in guilds now looking for a friendly, thriving community. Gaia needs some big changes to become the once great community I knew and loved so dearly in the past. </3

~Valkyon

Original Regular

gℓιттєяιиg, ѕнιммєяιиg, ѕнιиιиg ∂συвℓσσиѕ...

INCLUDE ME~
I SIGN!
Username: Leifeh (Leif the Pirate, Ieifeh, Lei, ect...)
Why do I love gaia: Let me be up front: I'm a Verge member. I've squandered an unholy amount of birthday and babysitting money on this site. This wonderful site, it brought be out of my shell, I had literally no skills talking to people before I joined. I joined with honest intentions; my cousin was moving across the country and we were too young to have myspace and get away with it(our parents disapproved of anyone under 16 on such a site. lol ). She had been on this site for about a year and wanted us to keep in touch. Ever since then I've made so many friends on this site--Even met my boyfriend of 5 years on here.
I remember when it was rare to see people decked out in the Elegant stuff from HR Wesley. When the Long Drag from the ticket place made you ballin'. Rally was still rally; had that car show place and everything. Everything was simple, no one really cared all too much about what hair you had, or what shoes you wore.
I miss that.
Anything else you wanna say: Gaia stop. I don't want to leave you, but I will if you continue.

ωιℓℓ αℓωαуѕ вє ρℓυи∂єяє∂ ву тнιѕ тяσℓℓ αℓσиє

Jay Flores's Wife

Fashionable Ladykiller

I SIGN!
Username: Samurai XIII

About to quit if this get even crazier than it is..95% to do so.

Fallen Gaian

30,350 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
INCLUDE ME~
I SIGN!
Username: Sash0
Why do I love gaia: because of my few friends, the Guilds I belong to including the kind members of verge, the kind clan members of Heartfire and having my customisable avatar items Ive collected over many years, it is my favourite website to escape too online.
Anything else you wanna say: I'm very shy in real life so I really do like and care about depend on Gaia a lot I agree that it feels like with all the sales your treating us kinda more like wallets lately which isn't very fun, Less sales would be nice and I would like to see sale warnings like it used to be in advance for upcoming sales.
I miss looking forward to just new EI announcements and like new item/Season item announcements etc with bundle options with extra item inside that were interesting like, and a possible improvement to our inventory and my favourite gaia game zOMG! Would be really nice Thanks kindly from Sash0 (I normally don't talk this much *blush*)
drakokatze

It occurs to me, that, if nothing changes and the money mongering on Gaia actually gets worse, this thread, if nothing else, is pretty much a eulogy for the old Gaia. /funnysad

Playful Guildswoman

INCLUDE ME~
I SIGN!
Username: jellykans
Why do I love gaia: Friendships and mutual support, the site-wide story that has been neglected of late.
Anything else you wanna say: No, the thread author said it well, and I am getting tired and also am thinking of giving up on the site if current trends continue to erode Gaia's many good points and sense of community.

Sparkling Kitty

INCLUDE ME~
I SIGN!
Username: Zephyr_infinity

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items