Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Noob

Just wanting to know what type of dance people are mostly up to :]
I used to do ballet when I was 6 for a short while.
Then I did break dance in '07, took a break from dance (I dunno why... haha! Just noticed a pun), then got back to dance two or three years ago, but I was doing hip-hop now. I still did hip-hop, but with little other genres on the side like krump, break dance, jazz & contemporary. Now my dominant style, or the style I've been working on are femme styles such as voguing, waacking & jazz-funk. Contemporary will always have a place in my heat. c:
I do ballroom dances in school, for dance classes, but I've never been so much interested in them. :c

Golden Fairy

Hey! I did cultural dance for two years in elementary school (it was like Cambodian dance and salsa), and I did gymnastics for two years and then Chinese dance for a year and now ballet for two years. Before all this I did tap and jazz for a little bit, but that was when I was really young.

Oh, I was a figure skater for six years too, if that counts at all ^.^

Newbie Noob

anniesunshine
Hey! I did cultural dance for two years in elementary school (it was like Cambodian dance and salsa), and I did gymnastics for two years and then Chinese dance for a year and now ballet for two years. Before all this I did tap and jazz for a little bit, but that was when I was really young.

Wow! Sounds so interesting!
Laaaaady, how old are you? o:

Golden Fairy

Cookie_Booger
anniesunshine

*ahem* high schooler

Newbie Noob

anniesunshine
Cookie_Booger
anniesunshine

*ahem* high schooler

*Falls over* Dayum! O_O

Winter Wraith's Compadre

Blessed Genius

6,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
I'm not a professional dancer or anything like that, but...
I've always been fascinated with break dance, jazz & contemporary, and various styles from the 20s thru 50s. Like the foxtrot =)
Hip Hop. Or anything like that.
hello
well i took ballet and tap dance when i was 4 years old
then i took a lyrical dance class when i was 11
and now im really into hip hop and contemporary/experimental and interpretive dance. dat shiz really lets u express yourself. tip: take classes that might not even appeal to your interest....you might like it u never know smile im open to all types of dance styles....thats how much i luv it-<3-Hexxa

Newbie Noob

hexxa_5000
hello
well i took ballet and tap dance when i was 4 years old
then i took a lyrical dance class when i was 11
and now im really into hip hop and contemporary/experimental and interpretive dance. dat shiz really lets u express yourself. tip: take classes that might not even appeal to your interest....you might like it u never know smile im open to all types of dance styles....thats how much i luv it-<3-Hexxa

Ooohhh... experimental? o:

Witty Entrepreneur

7,350 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Partygoer 500
◼◻◼Ballet for 15 years, Acrobatics for 12 years, Tap for 10 years, Lyrical for 8 years, Jazz for 7 years, Hip-Hop for 5 years, and break dancing for 2 years. Yes, it's a wonder how I did all these dances for so long but my mother forced me to start dancing ballet when I was 3, and I'd always have to removed my veil (don't ask) before going to dance. I usually did at least 1-4 dances per year, and they were usually the same dances, so that I could get better at them.◼◻◼

Newbie Member

1,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
i did modern dance since i was in junior high school

5,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Team Edward 100
I've done Ballet for 13 years, Tap for 11, Jazz for 9 years, Lyrical for 3, and I just started Danceline last year! I've been dancing all my life and I don't plan on stopping any time soon! biggrin

Shirtless Explorer

I take dance at my school, so we cover most of the main genres. My favorites would have to be contemporary, ballet, jazz and tap.

I used to prefer watching ballet, but during the unit I found that although I had been doing jazz pirouettes since the seventh grade (and still have trouble doing a single, much less a double), I can do a triple ballet pirouette easily. Plus my teacher this year had a lot more creativity so the dances were much better.

The only two downsides; I hurt my wrist (God knows how) last summer, so at random points during the year I would re-injure it and then have to baby it for a while, which made the workouts hard. Also, for the first part of the year I had no friends in the class. Everyone formed their little groups and I was basically left out for the first four months of school. Eventually, I made some friends and found my own little group!

I'm pretty disappointed still though, because I can't be part of the drill team and I have been dreaming of doing it for so long. The cost is way too high, there is no room in my schedule ( I am doing Summa c** Laude and IB), and the time commitment is too much.

Wow, I got off topic there, good thing this is about favorite dance genres, right? XD

3,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Voter 100
Let me see....
I started dancing at the age of 4. Started with ballet until the age of 8. Also did cheerleading until 8. I then switched to ballet jazz until this year. I have also done proper ballet since 2010-ish.
I am now looking for a new dance studio in my area to do contemporary dancing at a professionnel level.
Yeah.
- E

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas