Rules || Setting || Characters || Profile || Time/Date || Events

Destructive Prophet

13,550 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Noob wrangler 100
User Image

THE BASICS
Stick to Gaia TOS and listen to me and Angel Hel.
Godmodding is not allowed. If you want to do something with someone else’s character, discuss it with the player first. Fighting should also be discussed between players or if no decision can be made, use one of the many dice rolling systems out there on the interwebs to help.
Relaxed literate means I want you to do your best, but there’s no minimum post length, nor do you have to post a certain number of times a week. Both Hel and I have busy schedules and we understand that everyone has a life outside gaia. Just try not to drop off the face of the planet without letting anyone know. Keeping that in mind, don’t leave anyone behind just because they aren’t posting as fast as you’d like.
If you want to leave the RP please tell me so I know to pull your profile down, this is especially important if you have a specific role.
My PM box is always open, come to me if you have any questions or issues.
New rules will be added in bold.

CHARACTERS/PROFILES
I am going to be very picky about who gets to play the remaining heads of factions.
Some of the positions will have requirements, so be sure to check out the 'characters' post before sending in profiles.
If you have an idea for a position within one of the gangs, send it my way (and to the leader of the group if there is one).
Send Profiles to me with the title of your faction. If you want to reserve a specific slot send it with the title ‘Reserve.’ Reserving a spot does not guarantee you’ll get it.
You can have as many characters as you feel you can handle, but I don’t want more than one character per faction for each player. (Note: I may allow exceptions to this rule if you have a good idea for it.)
Please read the profiles of your fellow gang members before sending your own, so you can get a feel of the group.

ROLEPLAYING
If you’ve got an idea for plot, send it my way or just discuss it in the OOC.
Out of character knowledge =/= In character knowledge. Just because you know something about the roleplay or other characters doesn’t mean your character will.
Yes the RP is set in San Francisco, but don’t feel remotely obliged to stick to what the city is really like. I don’t even live in America so I can assure you I’ve probably already screwed that up.
This is a gang roleplay, so there will be swearing and violence. While characters won’t be able to die without the players’ permission, actions will have consequences. Someone from neXus isn’t going to be able to walk into someone else’s territory and spit in the leader’s face without something happening, for example. This is a personal pet peeve of mine.

Lastly, try to have fun!

Destructive Prophet

13,550 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Noob wrangler 100
User Image

SETTING
This city, on the outside, seems like so many other cities. And hell, maybe the underground isn’t so different either. But look beneath the surface and you’ll see there’s a war going on in San Francisco. The city’s territory is torn between four groups, the Cuglietta Clan, the Devil’s Advocates, The Gate-Keepers and neXus. Since the Devil’s Advocates’ arrival a few years ago the city has been in turmoil, with violent crime skyrocketing as the fighting between the Cuglietta and the newer gang gets bloodier and bloodier. The Cuglietta, once the strongest criminal presence in the area, have been pushed back to less than half of their original territory.

In the chaos, the Gate-keepers gained a foothold in the city. Largely ignored by the two larger parties, the Gate-keepers quietly grew until they too were strong enough to claim a portion of the city. Following their lead, neXus – a small but effective group of cyber criminals – began to make their presence felt, and through deals with the Gate-keepers manage to hold territory of their own.

With all of the fighting, and the corrupt state of the city’s police force, the future of San Francisco is in question.

CUGLIETTA CLAN
The Cuglietta can claim lineage back generations, and they are the oldest group out of the four in San Francisco. It wasn’t long ago that they were in control of the entire territory, but with the emergence of the Devil’s Advocates they were destabilized, and in the process lost over half of the city. Because of this, the Cuglietta have an intense hate for the gang that first destroyed their grip on the city, and then allowed two more to gain footholds in the aftermath.

The Cuglietta are a traditional mafia clan, preferring to keep things organized over violent crime.

DEVIL'S ADVOCATES
No one is entirely sure where the Devil’s Advocates sprang from, whether they are from out of town or managed to scrape up a following under the Cuglietta’s nose. But wherever they came from, no one can deny that their ruthlessness is effective. Within the space of a few years the Devil’s Advocates managed to cause enough chaos to drive the mafia clan to the northern section of the territory. Now running the southern docks, the Devil’s Advocates have taken over most of the illegal trade in the city.

The Devil's Advocates are known for their brutality, the majority of it's crew members enjoy getting into fights and causing mayhem, as such their territory is the least stable out of the four. Many members of this gang started out on the street, and because they found acceptance and help with the gang, show as much loyalty to their leader as he does them.

GATE-KEEPERS
"Although it isn’t sure for how long they have been growing, when the fall of the Cuglietta began to the hands of the Devil’s Advocates one woman seized her chance for a foothold. Halo released a call out around hundreds of hidden members of her gang, each equipped to almost a military standard and sweeping the streets of anyone that was opposed them. The Gate-Keepers continue to grow in strength through opportunity and power plays, money seeming nothing more than an item to them. Their alliance with the NeXus seems stable to all the Keepers, Halo making sure that the connections remain strong.

Gate-Keepers are known for the ability to reason and calm heads, but have no fear to get their hands dirty when needed to. Of all the gangs the Gate-Keepers territory is one of the more stable mostly because they stay hidden till the need to expose who they are arises.

NEXUS
The newest ‘gang’ in the territory. neXus are a group of cyber criminals, specializing in internet fraud and ‘information management.’ Being both the newest gang on the scene and the least physical, they tend to survive mostly because the other gangs don’t see them as a threat. Unlike the other gangs, neXus and the Gate-keepers have formed an alliance, giving neXus protection in return for their services.

Given that the majority of the gang work through computers, fighting is not their specialty. They prefer stealth, not letting their victims know what happened or who did it until they want them to.

POLICE
The uncorrupted members of the police do everything they can to keep the city under control, but with many of the higher up still in the Cuglietta’s pocket (and more recently the Gate-Keepers as well) little can be done to stop the gangs from continuing their war. As such, many of the newer members who join in order to fight all the crime going on in the city are quite frustrated with the current state of the police force.

UNALIGNED
Outside of the gangs and the police force, there are plenty of other people in the city. Most are just innocent civilians, just trying to live their lives. There are others, however. Some are vigilantes, sick of the lack of progress the city’s police are making, others are criminals with no intent to swear allegiance to a gang. Some territory within the city is still contested, making it the safest place for such criminals to operate, but the fighting between the other gangs can still make it quite a hazardous area.

MAP

User Image

● Located in a northeast section of San Francisco is a fight club. This part of the city is considered a no-man’s land, and it is where gang leaders might meet to discuss deals, or in the case of the club itself, a place to let off some steam between the factions.

● The police HQ is located in contested territory, but many of the stations are not, and the stations that are located in gang territory are often held in sway by which ever gang surrounds them.

Destructive Prophet

13,550 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Noob wrangler 100
User Image

CUGLIETTA CLAN
➣ Leader // Taken

➣ Second in Command // Open - Requirement: Must be a fairly close relative of the leader, and they share the same last name.

➣ Members // Slots Open - No Requirements.

DEVIL'S ADVOCATES
        ➣ Leader // Taken
            User Image

➣ Second in Command // Open - Requirement: Significantly more ‘responsible’ than Jimmy, they make sure everything runs smoothly.

➣ Member // Slots Open - No Requirements.

GATE-KEEPERS
            ➣ Leader // Taken
                User Image

➣ Commanders // 2 Slots Open - Requirement: Characters are twins, do not need to be identical nor played by the same person. One runs Halo’s ‘army’ and the other handles ‘finance.’

➣ Lieutenants // 3 Slots Open - Requirement: Need to be completely loyal to Halo.

➣ Member // Slots Open - No Requirements.

NEXUS
                  ➣ Leader // Open - No Requirements

➣ Second in Command // Open - No Requirements

➣ Members // Slots Open - No Requirements.
                          User Image

POLICE
                      ➣ Chief // Open - Requirement: They are corrupt, either in the pocket of the Mafia, the Gate-keepers, or if willing to accept the risk, both.

➣ Captains // 5 Slots Open - Requirement: In charge of each separate territory, will be aligned with whichever territory they are in.

➣ Officers // Slots Open - No Requirements.

➣ Undercover Agents // Slots Open - Requirement: Cannot be a high ranking member in the gang they are infiltrating. Very risky.

UNALIGNED
                                  User ImagexXx]User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
                              Manage Your Items
                              Other Stuff
                              Get GCash
                              Offers
                              Get Items
                              More Items
                              Where Everyone Hangs Out
                              Other Community Areas
                              Virtual Spaces
                              Fun Stuff