Welcome to Gaia! ::

Welcome one and all to the OFFICIAL "What Should I Name My Band?" thread!

Is your path to success currently stifled by the lack of a catchy and memorable name for your band? Are you caught in the intolerable grip of indesicion as you wrestle between two or more to find the perfect name? Well we are here to help!

So, in what new and exciting ways will this thread affect your life? Read below.

1. This is the OFFICIAL band naming thread, all others will be recycled.

2. You should post all questions about what your band should be called here. This includes asking for a name, asking for help deciding between two and asking for feedback on your current bandname.

3. Remember that it is infinitely easier for other users to give you advice on a name if you describe what kind of music you play. Try to be as detailed as possible in this regard, or even better, provide recordings!

4. Flaming peoples suggestions or otherwise being overly abusive in this thread will not be tolerated, keep your comments constructive!
http://www.bandnamemaker.com/

^ A useful resource perhaps?
Also...

Uncle Tom and the Dumb Monkey Niggers

...I'm glad we could all get that out of our system wink

Aged Member

antaine
Also...

rofl

Someone's gotta take that at some point... I'd also like to submit Dave Barry's list, 'cause it's probably better than most of the names we'll come up with.
this is why antaine is the coolest mod ever

5,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
This is awesome ^W^
I was going to ask someone for help on a name for my band anyway, so this is very convineant.

5,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
Alright, I've been in this band for years now, and we've never come up with a good name. We're more of a modern rock band I suppose you could say.
We like to combine old sounds with new styles. And we also have a larger variety of instruments that we play with.
For the past few months we've been going by I'll Make You Blush Scarlet. None of us really like the name so can you help?
HatelessHeart
Alright, I've been in this band for years now, and we've never come up with a good name. We're more of a modern rock band I suppose you could say.
We like to combine old sounds with new styles. And we also have a larger variety of instruments that we play with.
For the past few months we've been going by I'll Make You Blush Scarlet. None of us really like the name so can you help?
It really helps to have more information, like the gender ratio, and everyone's personalities. A group of teenage females might not like the name "Gun that Shoots Chainsaws," and a group of middle aged men might not like "Super Pony Princess Power."

That said, those are my only two suggestions.

Dapper Businessman

antaine is the only mod on this site i can stand...

heart

5,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
The Gray Area
HatelessHeart
It really helps to have more information, like the gender ratio, and everyone's personalities. A group of teenage females might not like the name "Gun that Shoots Chainsaws," and a group of middle aged men might not like "Super Pony Princess Power."

Well, there are six of us. Four guy's and this one girl and me.
And most of us are really calm. We're all "pot heads" and we don't much care about what people think about our music.
We're a fun band and we want a fun name ^W^

Aged Member

HatelessHeart
The Gray Area
HatelessHeart

Well, there are six of us. Four guy's and this one girl and me.
And most of us are really calm. We're all "pot heads" and we don't much care about what people think about our music.
We're a fun band and we want a fun name ^W^

"Double Threesome"?

EDIT: "Dos Spitroast"!

Tipsy Sophomore

antaine
Also...

antaine i love you you are mod king 4laugh

Striking Lionheart

Ant. you will forever be a god now

if only Tuna and Teh' could see you now

Tipsy Sophomore

i'm gonna start a band and name it either utadmn(nobody's taken this yet) or weasel feet.

i'm leaning toward utadmn

4,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Mangled Banana.... just saying. whee

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers