Welcome to Gaia! ::

Clover Leigh's Husband

Friendly Gaian

Jesus died for the sins of everyone.

1 John 2:2
He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins,
and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

It is up to each and everyone of how we respond to this (John 11:40, Daniel 12:2).
Do we reject his call to accept what he did for us, or do we accept it, and so have the forgiveness available to us applied to our life and person. Right now it is available to you, but not applied.
You have to reach out and accept the gift.
Hierarchy of Angels
Jesus is not capable of saving all, when they refuse him. He tried to, to the point of death... but it is our choice, because God granted us a free will. But I would not worry though, because the mercy of God is great, I believe that He can save all, especially those who had not known him, because he solely died for the purpose of his mankind, who had known what they were doing, and are continuously doing so now.

Jesus isn't capable of saving us since he never died in the first place

Liberal Friend

The New Wineskin
Mea quidem sententia
Lela XX
As the article at this link shows, http://www.tentmaker.org/books/Prevailing.html, Christians accepted belief that hell was not eternal, as the Bible shows, for the first 500 years. It wasn't until the Latins mistranslated the Greek word aionios that they started to believe in eternal damnation. That's when the new "traditions of men" began to replace the teachings of God, much like the Pharisees did in Jesus' time.

I counter that with this and this.

It is interesting that you would cite a group of annihilationists to disprove the arguments against an eternal hell.

Only to demonstrate that the first 500 years wasn't made up of universalists.

I won't be able to reply soon, considering my current state of affairs.

Blessed Receiver

Islamic Teacher
Hierarchy of Angels
Jesus is not capable of saving all, when they refuse him. He tried to, to the point of death... but it is our choice, because God granted us a free will. But I would not worry though, because the mercy of God is great, I believe that He can save all, especially those who had not known him, because he solely died for the purpose of his mankind, who had known what they were doing, and are continuously doing so now.

He died, and rose from the dead. That is what I believe. But of course, I agree with you, He isn't dead. He is the way to eternal life. To die from this world, to give up oneself for the sake of others. That is what His death had taught me. Jesus has shown the way. He lived a humble life, and suffered a death he did not deserve. He asked pardon for us all. Forgive them Father for they know not what they do. I cannot be more grateful for such unconditional love he has showered upon us through his own blood. The blood of a God, the God.
Hierarchy of Angels
Islamic Teacher
Hierarchy of Angels

He died, and rose from the dead. That is what I believe. But of course, I agree with you, He isn't dead. He is the way to eternal life. To die from this world, to give up oneself for the sake of others. That is what His death had taught me. Jesus has shown the way. He lived a humble life, and suffered a death he did not deserve. He asked pardon for us all. Forgive them Father for they know not what they do. I cannot be more grateful for such unconditional love he has showered upon us through his own blood. The blood of a God, the God.

Incorrect
Jesus son of Mary (peace be upon him) was never killed, rather God saved him and rose him to Heaven and he shall return before the Day of Judgment

That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-
Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;-
Quran 4:157-158

Wealthy Millionaire

He saves all those who wants to be saved.

Wealthy Millionaire

Islamic Teacher
Hierarchy of Angels
Islamic Teacher
Hierarchy of Angels

Incorrect
Jesus son of Mary (peace be upon him) was never killed, rather God saved him and rose him to Heaven and he shall return before the Day of Judgment

That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-

The person is speaking from a Christian perspective. For you to say it is incorrect and provide a verse from the Quran is meaningless.
Faith saves. heart

Wealthy Millionaire

Islamic Teacher
Hierarchy of Angels

Yes he did. The bible says so.

^
See what I did there?
IVovacane
Islamic Teacher
Hierarchy of Angels

^
See what I did there?

I was making a statement from a generalized Islamic perspective
Thanks anyway

Wealthy Millionaire

Islamic Teacher
IVovacane
Islamic Teacher
Hierarchy of Angels

^
See what I did there?

Thanks anyway

I already know this. I was just informing that your post wasn't effective.
IVovacane
Islamic Teacher
IVovacane
Islamic Teacher
Hierarchy of Angels

^
See what I did there?

Thanks anyway

Alright
cool signature by the way

Wealthy Millionaire

Islamic Teacher
IVovacane
Islamic Teacher
IVovacane
Islamic Teacher
Hierarchy of Angels

^
See what I did there?

Thanks anyway

Alright
cool signature by the way

Thankyou.

Blessed Receiver

Islamic Teacher
Hierarchy of Angels
Islamic Teacher
Hierarchy of Angels

Incorrect

With all due respect, this is where our belief differs. Peace be with you, I do not wish to argue. If you say I am incorrect, then you may say so, for I will always be wrong in your eyes, and thine in mine. Our differences cannot be cast aside, but must we be against one another, because of our beliefs? Where wars once waged because Muslims and Christians did not agree with one another. I respect your belief and admire your determination, but you have no chances at moving me from where I stand.
Hierarchy of Angels
Islamic Teacher
Hierarchy of Angels
Islamic Teacher
Hierarchy of Angels

Incorrect

With all due respect, this is where our belief differs. Peace be with you, I do not wish to argue. If you say I am incorrect, then you may say so, for I will always be wrong in your eyes, and thine in mine. Our differences cannot be cast aside, but must we be against one another, because of our beliefs? Where wars once waged because Muslims and Christians did not agree with one another. I respect your belief and admire your determination, but you have no chances at moving me from where I stand.

Alright
Peace be with you too

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas