Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'm not gonna lie, I want to try to Refer-A-Friend someone so bad. xD

So if anyone happens to be reading this & is curious, please let me know & I'll send you a game invite! :3

I play on Stormrage, by the way, Alliance. I do have a Horde toon I need to finish leveling, & I plan on making more, so if someone wants to try Horde, I can certainly roll that way as well. (My lone Horde is on Area 52)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Greedy Consumer

9,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cool Cat 500
Okay, is the main website down or something?
I can't seem to access battle.net...

EDIT: It is at the time of posting this. Dang!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Kafkaesquire
                                  It always bothered me that they hid mounts and pets behind that service when most everyone who wants to play the game is. That said, I wish you luck in finding someone.

Raz the Red Herring
                                  Okay, is the main website down or something?
                                  I can't seem to access battle.net...

EDIT: It is at the time of posting this. Dang!

Kaf: Some people wish that the mount was simply a Store mount, especially since it's a lava/fire reskin of the Hearthsteed. (Which I do like. A firey version would've been neat to go with my xmogs) At least that purple cat mount will be a store mount, so that makes it so much more likely for me to get eventually. RaFs though... Ugh. I still want the emerald hippogryph, & I want the obsidian nightwing cat mount thingy, too. (I only have one 2-person mount right now, so another would've been really rad)

Raz: The website has been very temperamental for me, needing constant refreshes. It was like that yesterday, too. Now I'm trying to log in to try to send a RaF to someone who says they might be interested, & instead I'm fighting just trying to get the darn game to patch so I can log-in. (Tried at first, got the Incompatible realm list, & disconnected when I tried to pick my realm anyway.)

Kafkaesquire
                                  I am equally annoyed by their insistence on having a cash shop. They already make millions off the subscription fee and the game itself so charging for anything else is inexcusable greed. I could list off a myriad of complaints but I won't waste your time doing that. Instead I'd like to ask you what class, race, realm and faction you play (on) and why you chose them.

I play mostly Alliance on the server Stormrage. I'm new to Horde, & I have a troll hunter on Area 52, but I do plan on making more Hordies. (Especially with the blood elf remodel. I'm just torn between going with yet ANOTHER hunter, or going for another warlock)

My main is a worgen hunter, but I have a few alts I'm working on. I have a worgen warlock as well, & a worgen druid. (I like werewolves xD) All on Stormrage! :3 At some point, I'll try something new like a mage or a shammy. I'm a fan of caster/ranged classes. (Though I won't lie, DKs have some killer xmog stuff. I'm just terrible as melee though)

Kafkaesquire
                                  I never could understand the appeal of the Worgen race given how visually unpleasant they are so maybe you could explain that to me? Is your love for werewolves strong enough to overcome what is objectively an ugly race? Or is there something else? Then again I never did understand the love for hunters either but that is because when I look at them, I see a class that doesn't take full advantage of the fact that it's in a world of fantasy --- unlike the warlock or mage.

It's still somewhat fun to play and is definitely less tedious to manage than others but no matter how much I'd like to devote myself to one, I know I'll never experience the same of level attachment as I do with my warlock or mage. Seems you and I share both the love for ranged/caster classes and the ineptitude with melee classes, haha. Shamans are a bit weird in that regard since even as Enhancement I seem to do relatively okay. I think it's because Blizzard did a decent job of mixing magic with melee unlike the death knight which is tedious and difficult to play and learn.

To be honest, I am not fond of the female worgen model at all. I actually changed my hunter from a female worgen to a male model, as it seemed a little better. It seemed more werewolf-like in posture & in the face face, had better eyes, & it didn't have a ridiculous laugh like the female worgen. (Although at least it doesn't have the chicken laugh anymore.) Someday I hope that they get a remodel like the older races, to better express emotion (as opposed to the constant, fixed snarl) but that'll come in time I'm sure. But yes, despite this, my fondness for werewolves won over haha. (At least the much more wolf-like werewolves, hence my liking of the male model over the female model.)

That's my hunter anyway. My druid & warlock are still female, since the names sound feminine. (Wish that draenei could play those classes! That's my second favorite race, closely followed by night elves) At least my hunter's name could get away with being male. xD And I picked a hunter to begin with simply because when I was new & dumb, the thought of having a beast help me was neat. The wolves are cool, but then as I leveled up & discovered cooler beasts, that made it neat. It's not so fantasy-esque like on the level of a magic user, but at least there's some neat beasts that can be tamed that COULD fit into that realm of fantasy. (I.e: Corehounds. I have the dog-like one from the Draenei starting zone, which I forgot the name of the island. Spirit beasts are pretty, too)

Yeah, I've NEVER trid a shammy at all before. I have never tried a mage, a shammy, rogue, warrior, or a pally. I have a spriest, which of course is a worgen xD, but I got bored with it as I leveled. Too few attacks to hold my interest. I should get back to it again though, as I know once I get closer to 80 & up, it'll get better. (And the heirloom tabs sure make things easy as hell as far as making sure I can use my heirlooms. If only that existed sooner, as I seemed to have lost my hunter heirloom gear & had to buy new ones)

Anxious Citizen

10,550 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200
  • Inquisitor 200
Morava

Kafkaesquire
                                  I never could understand the appeal of the Worgen race given how visually unpleasant they are so maybe you could explain that to me? Is your love for werewolves strong enough to overcome what is objectively an ugly race? Or is there something else? Then again I never did understand the love for hunters either but that is because when I look at them, I see a class that doesn't take full advantage of the fact that it's in a world of fantasy --- unlike the warlock or mage.

It's still somewhat fun to play and is definitely less tedious to manage than others but no matter how much I'd like to devote myself to one, I know I'll never experience the same of level attachment as I do with my warlock or mage. Seems you and I share both the love for ranged/caster classes and the ineptitude with melee classes, haha. Shamans are a bit weird in that regard since even as Enhancement I seem to do relatively okay. I think it's because Blizzard did a decent job of mixing magic with melee unlike the death knight which is tedious and difficult to play and learn.

To be honest, I am not fond of the female worgen model at all. I actually changed my hunter from a female worgen to a male model, as it seemed a little better. It seemed more werewolf-like in posture & in the face face, had better eyes, & it didn't have a ridiculous laugh like the female worgen. (Although at least it doesn't have the chicken laugh anymore.) Someday I hope that they get a remodel like the older races, to better express emotion (as opposed to the constant, fixed snarl) but that'll come in time I'm sure. But yes, despite this, my fondness for werewolves won over haha. (At least the much more wolf-like werewolves, hence my liking of the male model over the female model.)

That's my hunter anyway. My druid & warlock are still female, since the names sound feminine. (Wish that draenei could play those classes! That's my second favorite race, closely followed by night elves) At least my hunter's name could get away with being male. xD And I picked a hunter to begin with simply because when I was new & dumb, the thought of having a beast help me was neat. The wolves are cool, but then as I leveled up & discovered cooler beasts, that made it neat. It's not so fantasy-esque like on the level of a magic user, but at least there's some neat beasts that can be tamed that COULD fit into that realm of fantasy. (I.e: Corehounds. I have the dog-like one from the Draenei starting zone, which I forgot the name of the island. Spirit beasts are pretty, too)

Yeah, I've NEVER trid a shammy at all before. I have never tried a mage, a shammy, rogue, warrior, or a pally. I have a spriest, which of course is a worgen xD, but I got bored with it as I leveled. Too few attacks to hold my interest. I should get back to it again though, as I know once I get closer to 80 & up, it'll get better. (And the heirloom tabs sure make things easy as hell as far as making sure I can use my heirlooms. If only that existed sooner, as I seemed to have lost my hunter heirloom gear & had to buy new ones)

When I lost my heirloom gear when I accidently deleted a character that had it. The GM was kind enough to restore that toon and the items it had. Before they introduced that you have heirlooms/mail/account bound items. >_>

Also, I recently came back to this game again, after having my daughter. On my map in Lunarfall, there are two buried chests in my level three Garrison, but I go over to where they -should- be, but its nothing there. XD

Lucky Gawker

10,550 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
http://i.imgur.com/X0sCiP8.jpg my main add me on bnet devl029#1312
http://www.twitch.tv/mrjakeman45

Hey Guys. I'm starting up a twitch.... I play League, Pokemon, and more. Would love some feedback and support. Thanks smile

Anxious Citizen

10,550 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200
  • Inquisitor 200
For Proving Grounds, to get to silver rating, is it relatively simple for a Boomkin? Like do I need to be a certain ilevel to do it with ease? I have a 605 ilvl Boomie. I haven't have any experience to do any normal dungeons since launch, due to having my kid and often having to go afk for her needs.

Same goes with a feral drood as well, my drood is almost 100 for the feral kittah.

Bear

Cleverbuttons
For Proving Grounds, to get to silver rating, is it relatively simple for a Boomkin? Like do I need to be a certain ilevel to do it with ease? I have a 605 ilvl Boomie. I haven't have any experience to do any normal dungeons since launch, due to having my kid and often having to go afk for her needs.

Same goes with a feral drood as well, my drood is almost 100 for the feral kittah.
That ilvl should be fine! I was around ilvl 600 and finished silver on both boomkin and feral. The only hard waves I thought for boomy were with the spinning monkey but with starsurge being instant cast, I just unload and kill it asap. Feral was easy thanks to bloodtalon... I usually save five combo points for the next wave and use it and put up two bloodtalon buffed rake on different mob... then spread regular rake to all leftover targets and focus the main target down. whee Have fun!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff