• Overstocked 200
  • Married 100
::kisses Kashi::

4,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Tasheren
@Queen Emma: D: Because the three star scouts? Yeah. They're boys. But when they transform, they turn into female sailor scouts.

Even though the manga's pretty good, I can understand how CN would have issues with it. XD Since they changed Zoicite into a female, after all. I can't imagine how much work it would take to alter the Stars series so it fit their idea of acceptable TV back then.

O: Nowadays, it might make the adult swim/ nighttime thing, though.

Really? That's strange..I guess I can kinda see why they wouldn't air it..ah well, I can always watch it in Japanse with English subtitles xd And then there's always the manga 3nodding
eek You mean...Zoicite...isn't a girl? eek I never realized that sweatdrop

Shameless Hoarder

15,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
-Queen Emma-

Really? That's strange..I guess I can kinda see why they wouldn't air it..ah well, I can always watch it in Japanse with English subtitles xd And then there's always the manga 3nodding

D: In the manga, and I think in the Japanese version, Zoicite is a man. The US dub changed him into a girl, though.

There was a lot of little stuff that the dub changed or messed up. That gender-swap was definitely one of the bigger ones, though.

Shameless Hoarder

15,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
Kakashichan
@Ziru - I loves you too. :3 <333

@Tash - C::::: <333 How is business? surprised Good~?

o": It's okay. Slow, but I like it that way. It's easier to maintain.

Mistress BatNeko's Significant Otter

Fashionable Friend

14,890 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
  • Overstocked 200
  • Married 100
::Blows kisses::

I'm gonna go hide in the living room to play the game. Love you heart heart heart heart heart heart heart
<3 Ziru.

=o YEAH. When Sailor Moon first aired that season with Zoicite and those two others, even me, as like a little 6 or 7 year old was like $%$#@ because I knew he was a guy.. =O=;

... Man, Americans have never appreciated the pretty man, have they? :[
Tasheren
Kakashichan
@Ziru - I loves you too. :3 <333

@Tash - C::::: <333 How is business? surprised Good~?

o": It's okay. Slow, but I like it that way. It's easier to maintain.
I see.. =o

Hmm. :] I should do some homework, and then maybe try to open a shop~ ;D

I have a real life friend on gaia who said she wants a kiki, and I want to get one for her. She's a really lovely friend. I owe her alot..

Shameless Hoarder

15,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
o: It was weird, Mai-chan.

I think they appreciate pretty men a little bit more now than they did then, though.

Also, from what I can remember, Zoicite didn't really have a relationship with Kunzite in the manga. From what I can remember, anyway. But he had one in the anime, so they altered his gender here. . . ? D": I think that's why they did it.

D: What I do remember is them showing Gundam Wing ten bajillion times. I never liked it, until a couple years later, and then, BAM! they take it off the air, just as I get into it. XD

4,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Tasheren
-Queen Emma-

D: In the manga, and I think in the Japanese version, Zoicite is a man. The US dub changed him into a girl, though.

There was a lot of little stuff that the dub changed or messed up. That gender-swap was definitely one of the bigger ones, though.

xd I've deffinately gotta read the Manga and watch the Japanese version with English subtitles 3nodding

Really? What other things did it mess up?
Actually, instead of making you write it all out, I'll just see for myself when I read the manga 3nodding
Tasheren

I think they appreciate pretty men a little bit more now than they did then, though.

Also, from what I can remember, Zoicite didn't really have a relationship with Kunzite in the manga. From what I can remember, anyway. But he had one in the anime, so they altered his gender here. . . ? D": I think that's why they did it.

D: What I do remember is them showing Gundam Wing ten bajillion times. I never liked it, until a couple years later, and then, BAM! they take it off the air, just as I get into it. XD
Yeah.. very weird.. D:

Mm, I guess they do. Ohh.. Well, D: I guess it's better for the little kids, like me then?

XD I saw Gundam Wing, it was good. Since I had only watched Sailor Moon and Gundam Wing dubbed.. Those are the only two animes that I will ever accept as dubbed. Because I saw those before I saw others..

I think the first anime series I watched was Chobits...?

Shameless Hoarder

15,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
-Queen Emma-

xd I've deffinately gotta read the Manga and watch the Japanese version with English subtitles 3nodding

Really? What other things did it mess up?
Actually, instead of making you write it all out, I'll just see for myself when I read the manga 3nodding

XD Yeah. Or you could look up some of the sailor moon websites. There are a good number of them out there perfectly willing to rant on and on about the dub.

o:

4,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Tasheren

Yeah, they did have a relationship in the anime 3nodding I thought Zoicite looked a little weird..I mean, the outfit was exactly like the others in everyway..I wonder why they changed everything..

Shameless Hoarder

15,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
Kakashichan
Yeah.. very weird.. D:

Mm, I guess they do. Ohh.. Well, D: I guess it's better for the little kids, like me then?

XD I saw Gundam Wing, it was good. Since I had only watched Sailor Moon and Gundam Wing dubbed.. Those are the only two animes that I will ever accept as dubbed. Because I saw those before I saw others..

o: I loved the first season of Pokemon. <3 And various other anime. :"D

And then, I became an anime snob. Like, " talk2hand Get that nasty Cartoon Network dub away from me." and " emo I weep bitter tears over dub voices. Japanese with subtitles all the way! scream "

XD

4,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Kakashichan
Yeah.. very weird.. D:

I love Chobits! Some parts I was like "eww" but over all it was really good 3nodding I've never really tried to watch Gundam Wing though..it just didn't appeal to me sweatdrop Isn't that an anime show that deals a lot with guns and machinery?

Tasheren: xd Somehow that doesn't surprise me.. I think a lot of people hate most of the dubs 'cause they leave so much out 3nodding

Shameless Hoarder

15,300 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
-Queen Emma-

Yeah, they did have a relationship in the anime 3nodding I thought Zoicite looked a little weird..I mean, the outfit was exactly like the others in everyway..I wonder why they changed everything..

XD That's the cheap-o Cartoon Network way, man.

"O: But sir, Zoicite's a man. You can't just cover your eyes and ears and pretend he's a woman."

">:U She's a woman."

"Alright, then, sir. Can we at least alter the outfit and designs so he--- ahem, she looks female?"

"Will that cost us money and time?"

" . . Yes . . ?"

"Then no. Just get a female voice actor and change the dialogue a bit."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out