Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ao No Exorcist Fan?

+1 1 100.0% [ 28 ]
Total Votes:[ 28 ]

Unsealed Phantom

Hello friends!
I don't know if you're aware of this wonderful manga (which was turned into an anime and even had a movie) but I insist that you all give it a try. I wanted to discuss the recent released chapters where Shima is revealed to be a spy for the illuminati! I, for one, did not see that coming. I thought the spy would be Takara, with that weird sock puppet...

Any way, I wanted to get your input on whether or not you believe Shima is pretending to be a double triple agent in order to keep a watchful eye over Izumo because he genuinely cares about her (yeah, yeah, I know. He basically clobbered her "brothers" so my hypothesis is out of the ball park ~ but maybe he did that because the other guards were watching him) I feel like he's going to turn good again though. What about ya'll?

And also, I hope I'm not the only one creeped out by that weird doctor.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
I've actually been trying to encourage some discussion of this in my big AoEx thread in the AMC main off and on, and sometimes some discussion of it HAS happened.

personally I think Shima's getting pretty close to the moral event horizon. I mean, his black flames can literally KILL demons, not just destroy whatever they're using to be in Assiah, so he literally killed Miketsu and Ukemochi, not just beat them (unless he had some way to hold back from destroying them all the way, but that's not been established so it's safe to assume they're gone for good right now). future events may change my mind, but as of right now it seems to me he's legit working for the Illuminati and any interest he has in Izumo is selfish and based on how he wants to see her rather than who she actually is as a person.

Obsessive Shoujo

18,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Cool Cat 500
I've only read the first 2 books i borrowed from my sister, I want to buy the series myself it's really good.
When the plot twist happened I was like how many people are going to make a reference to naruto.... but yeah I didn't expect Shima of all people to be a spy especially with his family.

Friendly Poster

4,525 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I'm totally loving the Shima plot twist. I've been seeing people genuinely angry at Shima but I personally think it's badass. He seemed to be wasting his potential when BOOM he's been HIDING his full potential. At first I felt so betrayed but at the same time I was happy to see something happen with him! I want to see a Bon & Shima confrontation. I'm yearning for it so bad!!!

(There needs to be more of a Ao No Exorcist discussion/fandom in general.)

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Ambr0sine
Hello friends!
I don't know if you're aware of this wonderful manga (which was turned into an anime and even had a movie) but I insist that you all give it a try. I wanted to discuss the recent released chapters where Shima is revealed to be a spy for the illuminati! I, for one, did not see that coming. I thought the spy would be Takara, with that weird sock puppet...

Any way, I wanted to get your input on whether or not you believe Shima is pretending to be a double triple agent in order to keep a watchful eye over Izumo because he genuinely cares about her (yeah, yeah, I know. He basically clobbered her "brothers" so my hypothesis is out of the ball park ~ but maybe he did that because the other guards were watching him) I feel like he's going to turn good again though. What about ya'll?

And also, I hope I'm not the only one creeped out by that weird doctor.

You're not the only one. I've been crept and disgusted by that doctor... Man poor Izumo's mother. sad

Friendly Lover

7,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
I hate shima right now but it didnt come as too much of a surprise since in pretty much all of their missions he didnt try to help and just ran and that to me said he was hiding something.

I am kind of hoping he comes back but if he does then he is gonna go through hell before anyone trusts him again.

Fashionable Reveler

14,000 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Hellraiser 500
I never thought Shima would be a spy! I hope future chapters reveal how he of all people ended up working with the Illuminati 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff