When were you diagnosed with ADHD?

Childhood 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 2 ]
Teen 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Young adult (20 to 30 0.5 50.0% [ 3 ]
Adult (31 to 65) 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 1 ]
Elder (65+) 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 6 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 29 30 31 > >>

darth acheron generated a random number between 1 and 500 ... 414!

Revered Guardian

26,550 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Welcome!

Welcome to the ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder) support thread. This thread is for anyone and everyone who suffers from ADHD or has a loved one that is living with it

About Me:

Hello all! My name is Justin and I have adult ADHD. I was diagnosed with ADHD as a child and given Ritalin at first but then Adderol. When I was around 13, I stopped taking it all of a sudden. I guess I grew out of some of it, mostly the hyperactivity. I self diagnosed as an adult that I have ADHD based on the symptoms and comparing it to me.

I am NOT a Doctor and CANNOT diagnose you with ADHD or any other disorder.

EDIT: Anyone who rolls the same number as me, will win 5 million plat*

*Please read the rules, especially Rule 4,5 &6

Revered Guardian

26,550 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
Symptoms and Facts

Adult ADHD symptoms may include:

Impulsiveness
Disorganization and problems prioritizing
Poor time management skills
Problems focusing on a task
Trouble multitasking
Excessive activity or restlessness
Poor planning
Low frustration tolerance
Frequent mood swings
Problems following through and completing tasks
Hot temper
Trouble coping with stress

Facts:

ADHD Statistics: New ADD Facts and Research

How common is ADHD? More than 6 million (9.4 percent) of children in the U.S. have an ADD diagnosis, according to the latest data. Read on for more ADHD statistics, facts, and information regarding attention deficit in kids and adults.

ADHD Statistics: How Common is ADHD?
ADHD Prevalence in Children

About 6.1 million children in the United States (9.4 percent) between ages 2 to 17 are estimated to have ever been diagnosed with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD or ADD), according to a 2016 study from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).1

This figure includes:

388,000 (2.4 percent) of young children aged 2 to 5 years
2.4 million (9.6 percent) of school-age children aged 6 to 11 years
3.3 million (13.6 percent) of adolescents aged 12 to 17 years

The same study found that boys are more likely to have ever been diagnosed with ADHD than were girls (12.9 percent and 5.6 percent, respectively).

Research, however, suggests that ADHD affects a greater number of girls than typically and traditionally reported. ADHD may be missed in girls because of the way their symptoms tend to manifest compared to boys’, which may reflect a general bias in the diagnostic process.
Source

Quote:
By the age of 25, an estimated 15% of people diagnosed with ADHD as children still have a full range of symptoms, and 65% still have some symptoms that affect their daily lives.Source

ADHD and Co-occuring conditions

Revered Guardian

26,550 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250

Revered Guardian

26,550 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
Banners/Rules:

ADHD Support thread (Win 5 mil plat) UPDATED!

[align=center][b][u]][url=https://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/life-discussion/add-adhd-support-thread/t.110741058/]ADHD Support thread (Win 5 mil plat) UPDATED![/url][/b][/u][/align]

Rules:

1. Follow all Gaia TOS and R&G
2.. Please do not quote the first page.
3. Don't bump unless it falls off the first page, then only one person needs to bump.
4. All who enter the contest must have or know a friend/family member with ADHD. I'm relying on the honor system here so no cheating
5. ABSOLUTELY NO MULES
6. In order to win the prize, you must participate in the discussion.

Not a rule, but feel free to stick around and chat or subscribe..or both,,

Revered Guardian

26,550 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250

Lupine Labtech

Good thread!

I was diagnosed with ADHD, something I've had all my life pretty much, without even knowing. Aka, I went to a check-up for my disorders and they were listing them off, and up came ADHD and I had no idea I'd been diagnosed hah.

I really want to be medicated but nobody cares to give me help for it, albeit it ruining my life. I can't concentrate or focus, never mind relax. I'd love to chill.

Professional Loiterer

Tips on doing tasks that aren't interesting in a timely manner? My brain just cannot function on a task that isn't an immediate issue which means things pile up (literally) and procrastination is a HUGE issue. If anyone has a method they suggest, I'd love to get some control over this.

Revered Guardian

26,550 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
Sadismancer
Good thread!

I was diagnosed with ADHD, something I've had all my life pretty much, without even knowing. Aka, I went to a check-up for my disorders and they were listing them off, and up came ADHD and I had no idea I'd been diagnosed hah.

I really want to be medicated but nobody cares to give me help for it, albeit it ruining my life. I can't concentrate or focus, never mind relax. I'd love to chill.
Were you surprised to get the diagnosis, or were you expecting it? I can say from experience (a long time ago though) that the right medicine does help, at least for a kid lol

Colorful Punk

22,075 Points
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Timid 100
ive been diagnosed with ASD since 15, but apparently a LOT of ADD/ADHD stuff overlaps with it too. like, even the memes are a lil too close to "is that me?" for the past 3 years. i even brought it up with my fam multiple times last year, and even they were like "it has been years since you've been retested...get a psych to figure it out together." now imma go through all the psychs @ my hospital hoping to work on that AND how my past messes with my present.

Lupine Labtech

darth acheron
Were you surprised to get the diagnosis, or were you expecting it? I can say from experience (a long time ago though) that the right medicine does help, at least for a kid lol

I wasn't surprised at all. It makes too much sense! Shame it's getting worse the longer time goes on. But it isn't the end of the world. Maybe one day I'll get meds? I hope so anyway.

Hope you're doing okay!

Revered Guardian

26,550 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
That Damn Goblin
Tips on doing tasks that aren't interesting in a timely manner? My brain just cannot function on a task that isn't an immediate issue which means things pile up (literally) and procrastination is a HUGE issue. If anyone has a method they suggest, I'd love to get some control over this.
Your best bet is to just push through it. It's the best method I've found, but I still give it a 50/50 chance.

tinyjoltiks
ive been diagnosed with ASD since 15, but apparently a LOT of ADD/ADHD stuff overlaps with it too. like, even the memes are a lil too close to "is that me?" for the past 3 years. i even brought it up with my fam multiple times last year, and even they were like "it has been years since you've been retested...get a psych to figure it out together." now imma go through all the psychs @ my hospital hoping to work on that AND how my past messes with my present
What's ASD, if you don't mind me asking. That sounds like it could get expensive.

Revered Guardian

26,550 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
Sadismancer
darth acheron

I wasn't surprised at all. It makes too much sense! Shame it's getting worse the longer time goes on. But it isn't the end of the world. Maybe one day I'll get meds? I hope so anyway.

Hope you're doing okay!
Yea that's true, it's not life or death or anything, it can just get in the way sometimes. I'm doing pretty good most days. There are days when my brain is going at 1000 mph but I try not to get too distracted.

Feral Kitten

I recently been diagnosed with Adult ADHD.
Sadly, as a child my parents refused to get my tested due to not wanting a "different" kid.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff