Sempiternal Delusion & withlovesparrow

withlovesparrow

Business Kitten

5,650 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Tycoon 200
Maisie Althea Day

Maisie sunk lower in the bucket seat of her Mother's front seat. Loud music could be heard blaring out from the over sized head phones she had wrapped around her head.
This sucks.
Since her Father had left the country for a "business engagement", her Mother got automatic custody after their divorce. A divorce much too recent, in Maisie's eyes, for her Mother to already be involved with another man. She'd never even met him and already they were going to stay with him."It'll be fine," her mother said, "It's just for a little while. Just until the house is in order. I rpomise, you'll love him. He has a son about your..." Maisie had stopped listening at that point. It didn't matter. She didn't get a say in anything any more any ways.
As they pulled up, she turned the music up a little louder. Didn't want to leave an inkling of possibility that she could hear anyone. She took her converse from where they rested on the dash and planted them firmly on the driveway outside, slamming the door as hard as she could. It was loud, judging by her mothers disapproving look.
3..2..1.. Go.

[[I hope thats ok. I was thinking we could start at the very beginning of their relationship. If thats ok. I can always change it.]]

Sparkly Ladykiller

User Image

Aaron Lee Heights

Shifting uncomfortable in the seat across from his father, Aaron Lee Heights rested his chin in an open palm, his elbow resting on the edge of the table. The older man, Marcus, sighed and gathered to his feet. "They'll be here soon. I expect you to use your manners, son," he said, moving to the door and adjusting his tie around his neck. Aaron ran a hand through his thick, light brown hair before following his father over to the door. He couldn't understand why he was being spoken to as if he were a child. He knew how to act, and he wasn't completely against the idea of having a step-family. He actually sort of liked it. The house would be less lonely. He was used to being alone since his mother passed away from illness seven years ago. He was only ten at the time. His father was often gone during the day to attend work.

Shrugging, he glanced around one last time. Though only two people occupied it, the house in which they lived in was rather large. Six bedrooms, excluding the living room, dining room and den. A two-door garage big enough to store four cars; it only carried two at the time. The furniture was neat and matching. The walls were wooden - decorated with various types of things - while the floor was unstained, just replaced carpet. His father had been excited for this event for quite some time, though he spoke about how nervous he was for it. Aaron couldn't blame him; he was, also, quite nervous to have a woman he had never met in the house before. Kind of frightened actually. What if she tried to replace the memories of his late mother? He wouldn't allow such a thing to happen. The woman supposedly had a daughter his age, but he couldn't grasp the idea of having a teenage girl in the house.

Placing a hand on his father's shoulder, who he could tell was about to have a nervous breakdown, he said, "It's okay. We can do this." The exchanged glances as a knock sounded in front of them. Aaron took a step sideways to allow the two in as his father opened the door. "Welcome, welcome!" Marcus said, kissing the woman on the cheek and outstretching his hand towards her daughter. "You must be Maisie. Nice to meet you," he said. Aaron hugged the older woman and started to move towards the one his age but decided against it before following his father and step-mother into the kitchen, his hands in his pockets. He felt the nervousness begin to rise as he glanced over his shoulder at the somewhat attractive redhead. Just great. My girlfriend is going to love this, he thought, shaking the thoughts away and forcing a delightful smile.

(( It's perf. ^^ I hope this is alright for a starter post. I'll be sure to make them shorter from now on. ))
withlovesparrow

Business Kitten

5,650 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Tycoon 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Maisie Althea Day

Maisie kept her "stay away" glare firm on her face as they walked into the house. Don't touch me, don't touch me. She saw Marcus's lips move around a nervous smile and a hand stretch out. She kept her arms crossed and her mother's happy smile turned to a scowl. She snatched the ear phones off Maisie's head.
"What the ******** Laura?" Maisie yelled just a little too loud. The real world was too quiet in comparison to the music she had been assaulting her ears with.
"Maisie Althea Day, drop the attitude. We get it. You're so jaded and mistreated and it's just so awful to have to live in this big house instead of a tiny apartment." Her mother's voice could make hearts stop it was so serious. As she turned to go into the kitchen with the men, Maisie stuck out her tongue and took her own way to the living room.
If I were a TV remote, where would I be?
Why bother sitting in the kitchen pretending to be happy when she could take advantage of a TV to match the size of the house? Maisie flopped on the couch and put her converse on the coffee table in front of her when the search for a remote turned futile. At least she had flappy bird on her phone.

Sparkly Ladykiller

User Image

Aaron Lee Heights

Aaron and his father both stared at each other awkwardly as Maisie was scolded. The yells could have been heard outside the house. Rubbing the back of his neck as Laura joined them in the kitchen, he placed a hand on her shoulder before brushing past her and back into the living room where Maisie was sitting on the four-seater couch. He plopped down beside her, his hands in his pockets. He eyed the game she was playing on her phone and kept quiet to see if she was only wearing her headphones to pretend she was listening to music so no one would talk to her or if she was actually shutting out everyone. He heard nothing, so he went with the first one.

"You know, things are tough right now. Don't you want your mom to be happy?" He asked, getting more comfortable on the couch. He leaned his head back and stared up at the ceiling that was much higher than he was comfortable with. Peering up at it always made him feel lightheaded. "She wants you to be happy with who she chooses too," Aaron added, resting his arms underneath his head and glancing over at her from the corners of his eyes. He couldn't tell if she was actually listening or not, but it didn't matter much. He'd find a way to make her listen eventually. He wanted his father to be happy, after all, and tonight was the first time he had seen his father actually smile in quite some time.
withlovesparrow

Business Kitten

5,650 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Tycoon 200
Maisie Althea Day

Maisie kept her eyes on her phone even as the weight landed next to her on the couch. s**t. She glanced over at him for a second just to confirm it wasn't the Dad. That was just what she needed. Some lovey, touchy feely guy that just wants to make her happy. The son she could handle. Teenage boys were dumb enough. She dropped her head phones around her neck and turned to face him.
"Times are tough? Wow. I didn't realize. I'm gonna turn my life around. Bow down to Jesus and do my chores." She flashed a sarcastic smile before dropping back to the scowl. "If Laura wanted me to be happy, I would've met you guys before we had boxes in the trunk. If Laura wanted me to be happy, the ink on the divorce papers would be dry before she started hooking up with your dad. If Laura wanted me to be happy, she would've at least asked me about any of the bull s**t. Laura wants whats best for Laura, not me. Don't pretend to be happy with this. Unless you're just that dumb." She finished her tirade and got off the couch and stretched her arms up, making her stomach peek out between skinny jeans and tee shirt.
"Could you make yourself useful, stop checking me out, and show me where I get to sleep?"

Sempiternal Delusion

Sparkly Ladykiller

User Image

Aaron Lee Heights

Clenching his teeth as he listened to Maisie ramble on, Aaron rolled his eyes. "What are you, a six-year-old? That's damn sure what you're acting like," he began. Most of what she was saying wasn't even relevant. "God? I never said bow to someone who isn't real. Also, at least your dad is still alive. No one asked you to like my dad or me. No one. Hate us, but keep it to yourself. You can at least act decent. Other people matter, too, not just you." He remained calm and collected, though he had now gathered to his feet alongside her. "Do you ever think about anyone other than yourself? Ever thought that maybe your mother wasn't happy with your father? Maybe he was the one in the wrong?"

He turned away from her when she hissed that he shouldn't pretend to be happy with the way things were going to be from now on. "You know what? Actually, I am happy with this. I'm happy that my dad is finally smiling after several years of agonizing over his wife's death. So, yeah, I think you're the stupid one." With her last comment, he couldn't help but let out a sound of complete disapproval. "Check you out? Sorry. I don't check out childish brats." He started moving away from the new member of the family, heading back in the direction of which he came. "Your room's upstairs. Find it yourself." Just as he was about to push the door open to the kitchen, he said, "And to think I was sort of excited to meet you."

Forcing a smile as he opened the door, Aaron joined the couple in the kitchen.
withlovesparrow

Business Kitten

5,650 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Tycoon 200
Maisie Althea Day

Before the door closed, Maisie chucked the chapstick from in her pocket at the back of his head. She huffed off when she heard it ping against the door frame, screaming as she left.
"I can make this s**t miserable for every one. Don't forget it."
Yes, she was childish. But she was hurt and mad and all sorts of not ok. Too much had changed. None of the concrete things she had taken for granted in her life were still around. So she acted out. She screamed and broke things. She got in trouble at school and got in to fights. Maisie was an emotionally stunted girl in turmoil.
As she stomped up the stairs, she took in everything. Fancy railings, high ceilings, wooden everything. Rich bastards... Laura probably just wants his money. At the top of the stairs, she opened the first door. Linen closet. She slammed it shut. Next door was a bathroom. She slammed that one too, as hard as she could.
He wants childish, I'll show him childish.
As she went down the hall, she opened and slammed each door. At the end of the hall she found what she could only assume was his room. It reeked of boy ((I'll try and be vague and not step on your toes so much here smile )). A devilish smile stretched her face. She started to pull out the drawers on his dresser, dumping them out of the floor. Childish as it was, the destruction made her feel better. She was the one being uprooted and dragged to some strange house. He didn't get to name call.

Sempiternal Delusion

Sparkly Ladykiller

User Image

Aaron Lee Heights

The kitchen was dead silent as the three listened to Maisie's fit on the floor above. Breaking the silence, Marcus cleared his throat and poured more wine into his and Laura's glass. "Teenagers are quite a handful, aren't they?" He breathed, fixing his tie and adjusting his stare on his son. "He, uh, matured rather quickly. He's never really acted out of hand," he began. Aaron knew his father was only kissing up to him for not ever being able to take time away from his busy schedule to spend quality time with him. What he was saying was true, though. Not once had Aaron ever acted out. Not even when he lost his mother. That's when he became more mature than most his age.

A few minutes passed as the two carried on a casual discussion about their lives and children, and Aaron listened closely whenever Maisie was mentioned. He learned about the several fights she had gotten into and how she acted out once the divorce was settled. He was beginning to feel guilty for scolding and scoffing at her, but she deserved it, and he had every right to speak up. Standing from the seat, he dismissed himself. He trudged up the stairs and into the room in which the noise was coming from. His room, of course. He was her target now. Sighing before turning the knob and opening the door, Aaron's eyes widened. Everything was a mess, and nothing was left the way it was before she came along.

Squeezing and rubbing the bridge of his nose and closing his eyes for a second, he shut the door behind him and grabbed her wrist as she went for something else. He didn't want to make any sort of physical interaction with her, but he didn't know what else to do. "Maisie, stop." He grabbed the other wrist and sat her on the bed. He stood in front of her, keeping her still. "Look, I get it. I'm sorry," he started, releasing her arms. She could hit him, knock him down, do whatever as long as it made her happy. "I'm sorry," he repeated. "I know it's hard. I wasn't happy with this at first either." He took a step back and closed his eyes, placing his hands on his body before moving them to the side. "Come on. Take it out on me."
withlovesparrow

Business Kitten

5,650 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Tycoon 200
Maisie Althea Day

Maisie struggled against his hold on her wrists until he pulled her to the bed. She rubbed her arms a little dramatically and raised her eyes to where he stood before her. She stood slowly and shoved him. There wasn't much force behind it. It barely counted as more than a brush. She shoved him again and her face twisted a little.
She sat back down on the bed and put her face in her hands. Her shoulders started to shake with silent sobs as she cried. It was easier just to be angry. If she couldn't be angry, she just got sad.
"Just show me where my room is. I couldn't find it." Maisie rubbed under her eyes, smearing black eye liner further across her face. "Don't tell them I cried. Or I'll kick you."

Sempiternal Delusion

((short post is short. last one before bed. smile ))

Sparkly Ladykiller

User Image

Aaron Lee Heights

Aaron could judge by her shoves that she wasn't what she was putting out to be. She wasn't some sort of overly aggressive teenager. She wasn't screaming for attention. She was just hurt and upset. He closed his eyes and allowed himself to be pushed both times before she collapsed on the bed. He adverted his stare once her shoulders began rocking. He had always had a soft spot for girls. Rubbing the back of his head, his lips parted as if he was about to say something, but, thankfully, Maisie had already stood back up. She wouldn't want to hear anything he would have to say right now, and talking to her was useless.

"Yeah," he said as he began towards the door, Maisie following behind her. After passing two rooms, a bathroom and a storage closet, he stopped and slammed his hand down gently on a closed door. "This is it. I'll be in my room if you need me," he said, managing to keep a straight face, showing no emotion what-so-ever. That was his normal face. "Night." He finished, brushing past her and back into his own room. He closed the door behind him and leaned back against it, his eyes scanning the messy floor. "Great," he whispered, pushing himself off the door and beginning to put things back where they belonged.
withlovesparrow

Business Kitten

5,650 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Tycoon 200
Maisie Althea Day

Maisie opened the door just a crack and slid in silently, closing the door softly behind her. She leaned back against the solid wood as her hand automatically went to push in the lock. It wasn't there. Who has a bedroom with no lock? Instead she stayed against the door and looked around her new room.
A grey down comforter was spread across the bed with a yellow floral quilt folded at the foot. Yellow sheets a few shades softer than the curtains that diluted the last of the sun streaming through the window. A gray desk stood against the same wall as her door, with empty picture frames and a white lamp resting on the edge. Every thing was done in grey, yellow, and white. They were her favorite colors when she was little. Her mother was probably trying to win her over with a room.
She pulled the desk in front of the door to stop any one from trying to bother her. It wasn't a permanent solution but it worked for now. She pulled her tee shirt over her head and shrugged her jeans over her hips. [********] She'd left her bag in the car that had her clothes. No pajamas tonight. She pulled the shirt back on and crawled into bed. Emotion was exhausting.
Maisie fell asleep quickly, facing the windows and watching the light fade. It wasn't an easy sleep. She never slept easy anymore. More often than not her nights were full of vivid nightmares that bled through into the real world in cries and thrashing. She never remembered them when she awoke, but they always left a cold sheen of sweat to remind her.
This night was no different. Just after one in the morning she started to whimper and that whimper turned to a cry. The sheets became tangled around her legs and the pillows on her bed got pushed to the floor. Her face was contorted in fear as whatever demons tortured her dreams.

Sempiternal Delusion

Sparkly Ladykiller

User Image

Aaron Lee Heights

Sliding out from underneath a layer of sheets, Aaron slung his legs over the side of a king-sized bed and dabbed at his eyes with the back of his hands. The alarm clock on the bedside table read 6:31AM. The sun had began peaking out from behind a row of neighboring houses, casting a bright orange glow and a slash of dark purple. Gathering to his feet, his boxers fell and collected themselves just above the knees. After throwing on a plain white T-shirt, black jeans and a matching beanie, he made his way over to the staircase, peering at Maisie's closed door along the way. Slight noise could be heard from the other side. Perhaps she had already awoken, too.

By the time Aaron had made it three steps, whispers in the living room ceased. He paused and noticed Marcus and Laura stand from the couch, wide grins on either face. "Good Morning, son, Maisie," Marcus said. "Good Morning, Handsome, Beautiful," Laura chimed as they both took some steps forward. Aaron climbed the rest of the way down, glancing over his shoulders as the stairs behind him creaked. It was clear from Maisie's expression that she was just as clueless and confused as he. "We have an announcement to make, and I'm sure the two of you will be absolutely delighted to hear it. Sit, sit." Laura rested her hand on both Maisie's and Aaron's shoulder blades and guided them to the couch.

Just as Aaron and Maisie exchanged glances with one another, the announcement was made. "We're going on a little roadtrip to celebrate our engagement and meeting!" Marcus began. "It is Spring Break, after all. The weather is lovely," Laura finished, clapping her hands once in front of her before being pulled into a hug by Marcus. "Go get ready. I'm buying both of you new wardrobes," Marcus said, excitedly, before both Laura and himself exited the room, leaving Aaron and Maisie dumbfounded.

Abruptly, Aaron stood, calm as always. "He always decides things on his own," Aaron said. He didn't mind the idea much, but he had already made plans to go party with his friend, Keegan, who he had known for several years. He hated changing plans on people, but unfortunately, it happened often with Marcus as a father. Though he was rarely home, when he could, he'd throw in surprises. What could he do, though? Both Laura and Marcus seemed so excited, and who was he to ruin that? He stared down at Maisie, waiting for her reaction.
withlovesparrow
Sorry for controlling Maisie in this. ><; I tried my best not to.

Business Kitten

5,650 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Tycoon 200
Maisie Althea Day

Maisie awoke uncharacteristically early just after six. Go to sleep. Go to sleep. She tried staying still in bed with her eyes closed before giving up. Sleep had abandoned her. That's what I get for going to bed so early. She got out of bed and pushed the desk back to where it was originally, sticking her head out into the hall and watching Aaron start to descend the stairs. She got a mildly evil smile and followed behind him, still in just her t shirt and boy short undies.
She'd planned on just going out side to get her clothes and causing some tension between Marcus and his neighbors, but it appeared her mother had other plans. Maisie listened to the idiotic plan with a strait face and a seat on the steps, waiting for some one to notice. Laura didn't, or if she did she ignored it. Marcus just seemed to be only looking at his son. Maybe Laura had already told him to ignore any social awkwardness.
"You guys really think new clothes are going to win me over? Or are you going to try and buy me sweater vests and khakis so I don't stand out at the country club?"
She stood with a smirk and decided she had to get a reaction. She threw her arms over Aaron's shoulders, catching him in a bear hug from behind.
"What cha think, big brother? Trapped in a car for spring break, telling ghost stories and experimenting..." She paused here, glancing around in fake conspiracy, "Sexually?"
Laura just blushed deep red and hid her face in her hands. Jack. Pot.

Sempiternal Delusion

((Totally fine. smile I took a little license my self on Marcus, so it's fair.))

Sparkly Ladykiller

User Image

Aaron Lee Heights

Startled when Maisie hugged him from behind, Aaron's eyes widened, and his body tensed. He knew her intention was to make Marcus and Laura uncomfortable with the plan and change their minds, but he knew better. Something like this wouldn't do the trick. The two adults had left the room without another word. Scratching the side of his mouth, he pulled away from the redhead and beamed at her. "What was the point in that?" His eyes lowered, realizing the only clothing keeping her almost bare body from being exposed was a T-shirt. He adverted his gaze, clenching his teeth. Was every day going to be like this? Attitudes and surprises?

He started for the steps once more. "Just give in, Maisie. He's not changing his mind," he began. "Once he's set on something, it happens." With that, he disappeared around a corner at the top of the stairs and into his room. He grabbed his cell from the side of the pillow on the bed and his wallet with a few one-hundred bills. That was pocket change for him, but he liked acting like he wasn't all that rich. After a quick glance around to make sure he had everything to take to the mall they were about to head to, he walked out the room and closed the door behind him.
withlovesparrow
Timeskip will be after your post, or you can include it if you want. ^^;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas