Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
"Hand in hand. Love forever, love is free. Turn together you in me..."

Catherine Youngblood: The Runaway

The young woman slowly turned her head to see a red haired woman, whom seemed to be minding her own business. How did he know she was a slayer? Was he telling the truth about the woman? If not, why would he be going so far into this plot? He seemed like a honest man, Catherine would have to take her chances with that. "My name is Catherine Youngblood and I'll trust you Mr. Smith..." she said quietly, remembering from the beginning she had never introduced herself, and believed this was as good as time as any.

((How is it now?))
User Image

I'd give my everything to you...

Desmond nodded his head then looked out a window. "Looks like we're stopping here soon...follow me."He walked towards a door that left teh train. He opened it, they were still moving but they were slowling down. He held his hand out to her and smiled. "If you want to live we have to jump."

...Follow you through the garden of Oblivion.

((better, i stopped using it for a while.)
User Image

The woman blinked at the man after he opened the door. "..." The timid by nature woman didn't know exactly know how to respond to jumping out of a train. She got why he wanted to though. If they did this, there' a better chance the vampires won't find them. She had many questions for Desmond, but she didn't want to over bear him with it, especially now. She hesitantly took his hand and took a deep breath as she shut her eyes. "A-alright..." she said quietly as she prepared for the jump.

((That's good))
User Image

Desmond grabbed hold of her and leaped out of the train. He landed on the ground back first with her stil wrapped in his arms. He could hear his back and other bones crunch and he winced. He had not expected that much broken bones. He bit his lip to keep from biting her, that was what he needed now. He got both of them to their feet, after a few seconds of letting his broken bones mend, and draged her through the busy streets. they stopped at a house and he broke the front door down. The living room was dark due to the thick black drapes around the windows. "You can have the couch, John doesn't have a bed." Desmond walked down a flight of stairs into the basement and looked around for his friend. When he came back up he looked better, not in as much pain.
User Image

The first and only thing she heard when they hit the ground was a disgusting, crunching noise. The noise made her feel sick to her stomach, her mind knowing that was the breaking of his bones from the harsh impact. Desmond was still able to stand, miraculously, and even got to her feet. The whole adventure to his companion's home, Catherine found herself muttering shyly "We should stop.. Your hurt... Mr. smith please.." He didn't slow however, which proved he was not human. Once they arrived at the mysterious house, he led her on inside, towards the couch. She nodded, sitting on the furniture. Did his friend know of her? Was he still in pain from the jump? She wanted to go with him, but kept her curiosity in as she rested her head on the couch. She closed her tired eyes, and fell asleep, hoping maybe she she awakens, things would be back to normal.

User Image

Desmond winced as he pulled a piece of bone off he coat. This was not going to be easy to explain to the sleeping girl. She must have at least figured out that he was not human but hopefully she did not think of him as a monster if he told her that he was a vampire. He gently touched her shoulder and thought of something to awaken her. "Catharine, it's time to wake up."He could tell that he had startled her becuase her heartrate had increased slightly. "Cathairne, there is something i should tell you before we continue on...you see that woman on the train, the one dressed in red. She's my Master." He winced at the sound of his own voice being as harsh as it was. Maybe there was something he could do to explain this better but he was afraid that she would run off he just showed her what he was.
User Image

Her eyes opened up at him, her eyes revealing surprise. His sudden tab had frighten her. She yawned and sat up, looking at him as she listened. "The one you said would kill me..." she said with a weak voice. Her voice contained fright. If she was his master and wanted her dead, then he was probably commanded to kill her. That didn't make sense really, then why did h go through all this trouble? Catherine slide down the couch, away from the man, a worried expression on her face.
User Image

Desmond nodded his head, knowing that she was now afraid of him. "Yes, that one...look I only saved you because you remind me of someone i once knew...along time ago."Desmond looked away then backed off. He was frightened that his only link to Humanity would be lost forever. She had to be a reincarnation of Victoria, just had to be. Everything about her was the same except for her appearance. "Please, i just wanted you to be safe..."
User Image

She could tell he was being sincere by his voice. She slid down the couch, towards him, nodding. "I believe you, Mr. Smith. I think I can trust you.." she said in her quiet tone, but she smiled lightly at him. Although, the smile didn't last long. "How did your master learn about me? She knew I was on the train, so she must know I'm a runaway.."
User Image

Desmond shrugged not really knowing how to respond to the question. All he knew was that his master had ordered him to kill Catharine. It was not in his job to question his master."All she knew was that you're a vampire, I am not allowed to question the Master's orders." Desmond thought back to when he was just a fledgling and had questioned Angeline's orders for the first time, it sent shivers down his spine as the memories came flooding through his mind.
User Image

She lowered her head at his shrug. The red haired vampire woman apparently knew as much as she needed to know of Catherine. "I-I can't stay here then... Your friend could get hurt because of me, and I j-just can't allow that..!" she said, preparing herself to stand up. If the woman tried hard enough, she would be able to find Catherine easily, and might harm John in the process. If that happen, she wouldn't be able to forgive herself.
User Image

Desmond started to snort but quickly coughed to regain control of his laughter."Actually, he's chained up in the basement, he's not going to be the one getting hurt." Then thought about his Soothsayer friends, they might be able to put them up for a couple of days. "There's Hiroko and Hao, they aren't vampires and they can't be brought down by Coven Law."
User Image

Her expression switched quickly from concern for another's life to suprise about the situation that life is in. "Wha..?!" she questioned, thinking about how angry he must be. She couldn't believe Desmond did such a thing. Hopefully when John is released he doesn't get to angry at the Desmond..

"Wait, I'm sorry, did you say Coven? So your a vampire.. I can't believe it took me so long to realize that.." she said, rubbing the back of her head. Only a vampire coud recover so fast from a fall that broke bones.
User Image

Desmond felt his dead heart give a jolt, he let his mouth run again."Sorry i did not tell you, its just you're a slayer, i had to cover my true self." His accent slipped to a British one as he bowed to Catharine. "My family did not have a last name, nor a coat of arms so that is why i call myself Desmond Smith, the Slayer Society has records about me. I am 1000 years old so i know most of the ins and outs about hiding from them."
User Image

She lifted her legs upon the couch as he bowed, not only did the bow catch off guard, but his voice held a new accent, a British one. She listened to the new voice speak about how he had to hide his identity, and has been doing so for years. She felt sorry for him, and mentally kicked herself for being a part of the slayers. She shook her head slightly as her feet touched the floor again. "I'm not, I mean, I was.. You can trust me.. I think they only wanted me for experiments.. That's why I'm running away.." She wished she could explain more, but she really couldn't explain it any better then that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff