Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Ladykiller

one x one between ↘↘
                mickey048220 & Sempiternal Delusion
User Image

It was a sunny spring day. Not too cold, but not quite warm enough for shorts and sandals yet, the cool breeze made sure of that. Inside of a fairly fancy apartment stood a young twenty three year old man. One who had just graduated from college with a degree in business. The apartment had been a gift from his father, who was a businessman before him and was very proud of his son’s accomplishments. The young man, James was his name, stood in front of the bathroom mirror with a towel wrapped snugly around his waist. He was continuously tweaking his hair until he had that perfect rolled-out-of bed look. It took a lot of effort to make his hair look effortless. To help with the “I just got out of bed look”, he had decided against shaving this morning. Finally satisfied with his hair, the toned and tanned man strode to his bedroom to pull on a pair of medium wash blue jeans and a white v-neck. James always dressed himself well. He was charismatic, charming, handsome and now a business man. In his opinion, he may as well look the part.

James glanced around the room to make sure that he had everything he needed. He quickly stuffed some socks into his duffle bag, pocketed his cell phone and grabbed his fancy sunglasses from the nightstand. Slinging his bag over his shoulder, he exited his bedroom and out through the front door of his apartment.

Today was the day that he and his three best friends since childhood were starting their first post-college road trip. In celebration of the huge milestone they had each achieved, they were all going to his buddy’s vacation cabin for a few weeks. It was a house on the lake in the woods in the middle of nowhere. James was looking forward to the quiet of nature before he was forced to jump head first into the real world.

James threw his duffle bag in back of his bright yellow jeep on top of the cooler that was filled with beer and hot dogs and burgers and more beer. James had offered to drive since he was the only one with a vehicle that could double for off-roading. He swung himself into the front seat and turned the keys in the ignition. The monster roared to life and classic rock music was blasting. James took his phone out of his pocket and started typing a text to all of his friends.

To: Everyone
                                      Message: Hey guys, I’m just leaving my place now. I’ll be there soon to pick you up. Don’t keep me waiting ; )

He pressed send, pocket the phone once again and shifted into drive. He was off on the first road trip of the year.
User Image

Emaline had been up since seven o’clock that morning. She had showered, spent twenty minutes deciding on if she were going to wear a dress or capris, chose the capris and had finally dressed, putting her cardigan in her hand bag in case she got cold in the car. After that she had packed her toothbrush, shampoo, conditioner and all of her other last minute toiletries into her roll-along hot pink suitcase. She read over her check list five times and had checked her suitcase just as many. Emaline was always well prepared. She hated leaving things until the last minute and most of all, hated surprises. She preferred to always be in control, leaving nothing to chance.

Her house was quiet. Usually, it was filled with the soft dulcet sounds of her parents chatting with coffee over the newspaper. However, this time they were gone on vacation down south for the next few months. The twenty two year old still lived with her parents for the time being as it was much more economical. However, that was soon to change as Emaline had just graduated from college. Her degree was in psychology, and she had just been accepted into medical school for September. She had worked her a** off for the last four years and it had paid off. All of the studying and all of the many parties she missed out on. Her parents were so proud of her and when they got back from their vacation, they would be going apartment hunting together.

Emaline looked at her watch. It was only nine o’clock, so she went and made herself some coffee and some toast with peanut butter. She sat down at the kitchen island on a stool and while she quietly ate her breakfast she picked up her latest novel and began to read. Emaline loved to read. She could read anything, anytime and anywhere. She would read fantasy, romance, biographies, scientific journals, cosmopolitan magazine or sometimes the newspaper. Emaline didn’t discriminate against genre whenever she read.

Two hours passed and Emaline was still reading her romance novel. It was so good that some parts made her blush as heat rushed through her body. All of a sudden, a tweeting noise startled her and made her jump up from her book. She looked at her phone on the counter next to her. The screen was lit up with a text message from James. He was on his way. Emaline rolled her eyes when she read the part about not keeping him waiting. If anyone was to keep anyone waiting, it most certainly wasn't Emaline. She was probably awake, long before he was. She lived the closest to him, so he was probably picking her up first. She began to clear away her plate and coffee mug and put her book in her bag. She pulled out her sunglasses and decided to wait for James outside, so she put her bag on her shoulder and wheeled her suitcase behind her, locking the door as she left.

Just as she turned around from locking the door, James had pulled into her driveway in his bright yellow jeep, with his music blasting as always. Emaline enjoyed classic rock, just not as much as she enjoyed classical music.

“Hey, hot stuff!” James called from the open window. “How’s it going?” Emaline rolled her eyes. James was flirty with everyone, even his platonic friends. Emaline walked to the back of the jeep and opened it up. “Here, let me-” James was about to get out of the car to help, but Emaline shook her head. “No it’s fine, I’ve got it.” Emaline wasn’t much for letting other people help her. She lifted her suitcase in, then closed the back again. She then slid into the front seat and placed her bag on her lap. As she buckled her seat belt she said jokingly, “By the way, Em works just fine. No need to call me hot stuff.” James smirked. “Whatever you say, hot stuff.” Emaline rolled her eyes at him again, but couldn’t help smiling. James’s carefree attitude tended to rub off onto anyone he was with, even miss perfectionist control freak who was sitting shot gun.

James backed out of the driveway and Emaline pulled out her book and picked up reading where she left off as they drove in comfortable silence to pick up their next friend.

Sparkly Ladykiller

User ImagexxUser ImagexxUser Image

Lifting frail arms above her head and arching her back, the twenty-two-year-old artificially pink-haired Clementine - Clem or Clemmy for short - threw her legs over the side of the bed, gathered and slipped into her clothes from the night before and left the mans apartment - which smelled of nothing but sweat and cigarettes - undetected. One-night-stands had become quite routine for her since she turned eighteen and began living on her own, attending university. Though she was still indecisive on what to be in the mere future, she majored in art and dance, two of the four passions in her life. The others were, of course, partying and sex. She figured it came from seeing her mother with different men almost everyday as a child.

Well, the blame wasn't all on her mother's shoulders. Clem wasn't the exactly the ideal child. She got into loads of trouble with school, never listening during class or doing her assignments. It was a mystery of how she even managed to pass without failing once. She got into several fights and earned several enemies along the way. Came home wasted almost every night. You name it, and she had pretty much done it. In the beginning, it might've started out as a scream for attention, but it had become serious somewhere down the line. Fortunately, she was able to break her drinking addiction when one of her childhood friends, James Hollbrook, snapped her out of it. She was more than grateful to have him in her life, along with the other two, Daniel Smith and Emaline DesCartes. All of them had saved her in desperate times.

As her platforms clicked and clacked down a flight of metal stairs, she was still in the process of pulling her black socks above her knee when her phone vibrated against her thigh. With a sigh, she came to a complete halt, moving aside for occupants of the apartment to pass her. The corners of her glossy, full lips tilted into a smile when she saw Jamie-Boo, her nickname for James. She gave all of her close friends a nickname with boo. Emaline was Ema-Boo, and Daniel was Dani-Boo. Her light blue eyes quickly read over the text, saying that James was on his way to pick everyone up for the road trip they had planned quite some time ago as a celebration for graduating college. She chuckled at the winky-face at the end of the text and blew hair out of her mouth that the wind had placed there.

"Jamie," Clem's soft, hoarse voice chimed after dialing his number. "I'm not home. Near the Keithland Apartment Complex. I'll need to stop by my place to grab my bags. Alright, see you soon, babe." She pressed End and hurried down the stairs. James and her had never had any sort of romantic relationship, though she'd flirt occasionally rather discreetly. He thought nothing of it since she was a flirtatious and seductive person in general. Out of her friends, James was the one she had known the longest. He was the one who knew almost everything there was to know about her, the one she called when she needed someone. The two of them were nearly inseparable as children and even throughout their early teens. That's when her acting out got a little out of a hand, and she went through some personality changes. Thanks for never leaving my side, she thought, her eyes dimming for a brief second until his jeep came into sight.

Hopping into the back behind Em, she learned forward and kissed both of their cheeks before stealing a peek at herself in the rear-view mirror. Her faded-pink hair was messy from the bed and tossed by the wind. Her dark eyeliner was still as clear as the night before, but the few dabs of color above her eyes had disappeared. "Sweet, it didn't smear," she said more so to herself, leaning back into her seat. She felt the excitement settle in and made a hushed squeal in her throat. The cabin in which they would be staying for the next couple days and nights was owned by the Smith family. It was rarely used, but it was tended to regularly. It would be their second time there, but it would be their first with the four of them alone. She thought back on the first time they were there as preteens and Daniel's parents as guardians. What a great week that was.

"Be back in a flash," Clem yelled back at the two in the jeep, already half-way up the stairs leading to her apartment. She grabbed the black-and-white striped Vans book bag that hadn't been used since her first year of college. It held a few changes of clothes, hygiene products and other personal belongings. She kissed her hand and slapped it on the wall. she said, closing the door and locking it. She turned the knob once to make sure it was secure before running back to the jeep. "Alright. Let's go get Dani, shall we?" She flashed a grin, her eyes lighting up.

(( Click the middle picture for her outfit. Hope this is an alright first post! ^^; ))

C L E M E N T I N E N O R M A N
User Image

James smiled at Emaline as she took out her book to read. He always admired how focused she could be. She could completely drown out the world and immerse herself in anything. Few things ever seemed to distract her. “What are you reading?” Without looking at him she replied “Just some romance thing.” James smirked, “Anything steamy right now?” James waggled his eyebrows at her. Emaline blushed. “Not at the moment. Just wait til the end of the date, though.” She looked up at him and winked. James chucked.

About five minutes in, James’s phone began to vibrate in his pocket rather insistently. Usually there was a ringtone that went with it, but it couldn’t be heard over the sound of his iPod blasting through the car’s speakers. He answered his phone without looking at the caller ID. “Hello?” "Jamie," Clem's soft, hoarse voice chimed after dialing his number. Instantly James smiled at the sound of his favorite voice. “Hey Clemmy. I’m on my face to get you now actually.” "I'm not home. Near the Keithland Apartment Complex.”
                                      His smiled dropped a little in confusion. “Oh, ok.” “I'll need to stop by my place to grab my bags.” “Sure thing, babe.” “Alright, see you soon, babe." “See you soon.” James clicked end and placed his phone in his back pocket once again.

Emaline, still reading asked “Clem?” “Yeah. We have to pick her up at some apartment complex.” Emaline didn’t say anything, but a disapproving look crossed her face. But just as quickly as it had come, it had disappeared. “Em, don’t give me that look. Don’t start on her. You know she’s had it rough.” James was always quick to Clem’s defense. “I’m not starting anything,” she said matter of factly. “I know you, you don’t approve of her one-night stands and partying.” “Just because I don’t approve of it, doesn’t mean I’m going to lecture her on it. They’re her choices. You know I love Clem and I don’t judge her.” James jaw had clenched. He didn’t say anything to Emaline. He wasn’t exactly thrilled at the idea of Clementine sleeping with yet another guy, but he would never say that aloud. He was no stranger to one-night stands with many of the beautiful women he met on campus.

He had known Clementine the longest and he was closest with her. They shared a lot of secrets and had been through a lot of dark times together. He was always there for her when she needed him. He would take her home and make sure she got to bed when she was too drunk to do so herself. He would also take care of her black eyes and broken noses whenever she had gotten in a fight. And when her mother and her various boyfriends proved to be too much for her to handle, he would pick her up and let her crash at his mansion. However, no matter how close they were, James could never tell her how much he hated when she had one-night stands every other night. Mostly because he didn’t know why he felt so strongly about it in the first place.

The two were silent for the next few minutes until they reached the apartment complex. Clem hopped into the back of his jeep and leaned forward to kiss each of them on the cheek. “Hey gorgeous,” James greeted. Emaline finally looked up from her book. “Hi Clemmy,” she smiled. James glanced at Clem in the rear-view mirror. Her pink hair, usually curled or straightened nicely, was messy. Normally he would make a joke about her bedhead, but he couldn’t help but think of the real reason it was messy. Instead, pretending as if he didn’t care he said “Looks like someone had a fun night,” again, waggling his eyebrows.

They had finally pulled up to Clem’s apartment building. Clem was already jumping out of the car and halfway up the stairs when she called back “Be back in a flash.” In about three minutes, Clem was back in the car with her one bag. "Alright. Let's go get Dani, shall we?" Clem said as she got back in the jeep. James shook his head at her. “I can never understand how different you two girls are. Em packed a whole entire suitcase and her mini book bag on her lap there and all you’ve got is that Vans bag. Girls are strange, I tell ya.” James wouldn’t admit it, but he liked the kind of girl Clem was. Beautiful and yet different. She was a no muss, no fuss kind of girl and she didn’t take bullshit. She did what she wanted regardless of anyone else.

James pulled away from the curb and headed in the direction of Daniel’s house. He glanced in the rear-view mirror, hoping to catch Clem’s gaze.

OOC// Great first post! Sorry this one took so long

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff