Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
User Image

User Image

User Image

こんにちわ

Kasumi was too busy laughing to notice the crop top that was thrown at her. As she laughed, the article of clothing phased through her body and landed onto the bed behind her. It was times like these where the ghost was happy to be transparent. The gesture was playful and fun, but sometimes Alisha would throw heavier things that she wasn't sure she had the reaction time to defend herself. It was one of the many parts of their friendship that Ms. Tokugawa loved. Upon hearing her complaints, Kasumi could only laugh more. "To be fair, you're the one that stormed outta there. I never told you to completely bypass the lockers, now did I? Of course I am guilty for not coming out and telling you that you still had your work clothes on, but to be honest I didn't notice until now." The situation was as comical as comedy could be. If Kasumi could, she'd press a button for a stereotypical laugh track from old sitcoms. Kasumi's laughter finally subsided and Alisha had gotten up to shower. "Yeah yeah, leave it to me stinky pete," she said playfully as she waved off her friend. With Alisha in the shower, it was time to get to work.

Kasumi may know Alisha inside and out when it came to her personality, but choosing clothes for the girl was so rare that tonight's task was going to be a challenge. Yes, there have been times, very rare times, in the past where Kasumi had picked out Alisha's outfits. However, those outfits were all different from tonight's outfit: a date outfit. A first date outfit was much different than an everyday outfit. Of course, there comes a point in a relationship with someone that impressing the other no longer matters so the clothes don't by default, but this was a first date they had on their hands. Although it wasn't Kasumi's date, she secretly considered it "their" first date. After all, Kasumi hadn't lived long enough to even think about relationships. In a sense, she saw herself in Alisha and would sometimes live experiences through her. It was a rather selfish thing to do on the ghost's part, but she couldn't help herself. Being a ghost for so long makes you yearn for unattainable things. Kasumi assumed that Alisha knew this about her, but they both kept quiet about the situation. It wasn't exactly something that should've happened.

The ghost shook her head back into reality and began to think about the task at hand. The main priority when it came to Alisha's outfits was comfort. The outfit needed to be less girly enough for her to enjoy it, but also be comfortable enough for her to actually wear it. It was one of the reasons the 22 year old had so many pairs of jeans, plain and simply they were the most comfortable. Kasumi flew into the closet and looked around at Alisha's options. The girl's wardrobe wasn't completely limited. There were always those gifts she would receive from her parents, mostly girly clothes that her mother would send her, but it was hard to get Alisha to consider them for everyday use. Hopefully tonight, on the special night it is, she'll make an exception. Kasumi took quite some time to decide the outfit, but it eventually came to her. Right on time too, because she could hear the shower turning off through the wall.

Kasumi flew back out of the closet to meet up with Alisha. She grounded herself, sitting on the edge of Alisha's bed as she leaned back on her hands and crossed her right leg over her left. "You're gonna really have to trust me on this outfit okay? It's a little out of your comfort zone, but I promise you it'll be worth it," said the ghost with a reassuring tone. She took a deep breath before she started speaking again, "You're gonna wear that really flow-y white shirt that has no sleeves. Over that you're gonna wear that burgundy colored cardigan, the one that loosely drapes over you, has pockets, and ends at around where your hands do when they're at your side. Then you're gonna wear your black jeans and for your shoes, you're gonna wear those beige heel boots your mom sent you."(something like this with these shoes) Kasumi looked back up at Alisha and gave her a genuine smile. "And for accessories, you're gonna wear your ruby necklace, obviously, and then one of your gold rings on your index finger. No earrings," she said. The ghost flew toward her friend and hovered in front of her as she said, "And leave your hair down. Wear it like you usually do." If Kasumi could hold Alisha's hand, this was the time she would do it. Instead, she just gave the girl a wide smile. "You're gonna look great, Ali."

~~~

Lyle's double shift was coming to a close. The Fleur's Cafe closed at 10PM, which was the time he told Alisha he would meet her, but he was able to negotiate with his boss to be let out early. At 9PM, Lyle clocked out of the cafe and headed home. His heart was racing and his head was overflowing with thoughts about an hour from now, about Alisha. Lyle lived alone in an apartment situated in the poorer side of the city. It wasn't much, but it was the best that working at Fleur's could give him. The 24 year old had virtually nothing going for him other than the fact that he wasn't living with his parents. When Lyle finally returned to his apartment, it was around 9:20PM. Fleur's was in a better part of the city, making Lyle walk quite a ways back home. He could've taken the bus, but that would've been money that he would rather have extra for his date with Alisha later. The walk wasn't terrible, just a little long. With 20 minutes gone, that meant that Lyle only had 20 minutes to get ready before starting back to Fleur's. After taking a quick shower to get the smell of food out of his hair, he changed into his regular clothes. The blond wore black jeans, off-white sneakers, and a pale blue button up shirt. Before leaving his apartment, he grabbed his dark brown leather jacket with a gray hood. At the rate he was walking, he would arrive in front of Fleur's exactly at 10PM.

さようなら
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The outfit was passable, by the girly scale of Alisha. It wasn't what she would consider on every day wear, but it wasn't a dress. Kasumi was keeping comfort in mind. "I will not, and never will look great. You cheeky ghost" she stuck her tongue out at her, walking forward to the closet to retrieve the clothing items that her spectral friend had listed out. "But... Thanks" she muttered afterwards. She tossed the items out to her bed, making sure she had everything before motioning to Kasumi with her hand. Their signal for her to turn away for privacy. though, at this point she didn't care if the girl looked or not. The gesture was more habit than anything else.

Alisha disrobed from the towels, and got to work dressing up. First the dark jeans, next the shirt. The cardigan, damned thing, followed. Once completed and adjusted properly, she jumped up to her dresser, retrieved a gold ring, and slipped it on her finger as order. Snatching up the hairbrush, she practically dive bombed back onto the bed, rushing to shove her feet into the heeled boots. "You know... I actually really like these... Aside from the heel. They're just... nice" She admitted, never having actually worn them before. In truth, the boots were one of the most expensive pieces of clothing she owned.

"I won't claim to be a fashion expert, obviously, but with your divine guidance, i'm sure I could trick any model into thinking I was" she laughed in compliment to Kasumi, shaking her head shortly as she finished with the second boot. "If I trip and faceplant though, its your fault" she warned. Heels were not her forte.

A rigorous brushing of her mane followed, a miracle in and of itself. The overgrown mess would normally remain in tangles for days if Kasumi didn't enforce proper grooming. With barely a minute to spare, she had finished up her date look, hair perfect, clothes expertly decided. "Alright. Go-time. Whatever you do, do not make me emotional during this. I don't want Lyle to think I'm mental" she scolded prematurely. If she hadn't known how important this was to Kasumi, Alisha was certain the girl would make faces at her all evening. Or at least, so her paranoia told her.

Despite her heels, which earned themselves a few choice curse words from Alisha, she power walked, and nearly jogged most of the way to the Cafe. Partly out of nervousness, and partly out of fear that she would be late. She had been surprised, confused, angry, all kinds of emotions. She'd hit her peak many a time. Kasumi had seen it all. But nervousness? Today was her new record. Even her hands couldn't sit still, clenching into fists and unclenching over and over on the way to her date. At this point, Lyle could have been a big smelly cow, it wouldn't have made any difference to her feelings. The man himself was not even on her mind. A date. The concept of it was a threatening as the Apocalypse.

Soon enough however, the cafe could be seen in the distance, along with a tuft of blonde hair out front. Alisha's speed walking came to a swift half, nearly tripping over herself as her legs refused to move in time with her brain. After quickly averting a dramatic potential spill on to the pavement, Alisha let out another hushed curse, before walking forward. Slowly this time. She could only hope he hadn't seen a thing. The last thing she wanted right now was for her date to think shes an absolute clutz.

"H..Hey. Lyle" She piped up, her voice coming out awkwardly squeaky and high, causing her to immediately thrust her hands over her mouth in shock, close her eyes, and try to compose herself. "Sorry I'm late..." She let out, this time her regular tone having returned, though it was only two minutes past the hour. "You uh... Look nice" came the laughable attempt at both a compliment, and a conversation starter. Inside, she was dying, wishing she could just crawl under a rock. Frustrated, she grabbed hold of her ruby necklace, tucking it under her shirt. She couldn't see if Kasumi was out, or inside of it, but if inside, she didn't want the girl to see her in such a state. Selfish, but her impulse had never been worried about selfishness.

User Image
User Image

User Image

User Image

こんにちわ

Once Alisha was finally done getting ready, Kasumi took a moment to look at the outfit she picked out for the girl. It was an older style outfit from the millennial years, but it was still fashionable in Kasumi's book. Not to mention Alisha looked amazing in it. When Alisha finally set off to Fleur's Cafe, Kasumi was in tow, outside of the pendant and floating behind her as she walked. She knew that she couldn't, or rather shouldn't, respond to her, but Kasumi rambled on anyway. "Okay so, game plan for tonight: let him pay for everything and be sure to smile a lot. You have one killer smile,
                                                                        just be sure not to,"
                                                                        Kasumi stopped talking, interrupted by Alisha tripping and almost falling flat on her face, "That. Be sure not to do that
                                                                        too much."
                                                                        Kasumi was half teasing, but there was sincerity in her voice.
                                                                        She knew that it was inevitable for Alisha to trip on this date, but she wasn't worried about what Lyle thought about it. Kasumi knows Alisha better than anyone else, and if there's one thing about Alisha that's certain, it's that she gets embarrassed incredibly easily. Tripping can be cute in a dating situation, but for Alisha it would consume her with embarrassment and she would act anxious and flustered for the rest of the night.
                                                                        That was something that Kasumi knew was a possibility, but hoped with every once of her spirit that it wouldn't happen.

Before Kasumi could continue her rambling about the dos and don'ts of dates, Alisha had already made it within eyesight of Fleur's. "This is is, Ali! Go gettem!" Kasumi encouraged before she disappeared back into the ruby pendant. When they finally arrived, Kasumi watched excitedly from inside the pendant. "So far so good," she said aloud to herself as she continued to watch. Suddenly, her view went black as Alisha tucked the pendant under her shirt. "Goddammit, Ali!" Kasumi yelled from inside the necklace. The spirit couldn't be upset for too long at the girl, however. She knew that dates weren't exactly Alisha's strongest area of expertise. If anything, Kasumi watching would just encourage the Japanese spirit to come out of the pendant to try to give Alisha pointers, and the two both knew that would just make her more nervous. Respecting her privacy, Kasumi simply sighed and lied flat onto the black abyss that was inside the necklace. "At least I can hear," she said matter-of-factly to herself.

~~~

Lyle remained standing in front of Fleur's as it finished closing up for the night. The lights in and on the cafe were turned off and there was no light except for the one lone streetlight fifteen feet away and the moonlight from the night sky. As he stood there,
                                                                        he bounced his foot up and down in anticipation. Dating wasn't exactly his best skill,
                                                                        much less practiced. Alisha didn't realize it, but he was terrified. As he waited for Alisha to arrive, millions of thoughts and questions ran through his mind at once. Is this outfit okay? I hope I don't smell like food. Will she even show up? I'm going to screw this up I just know it. I hope I don't trip.

Lyle's thoughts stopped in its tracks the moment he heard a familiar voice. He swiveled quickly to face Alisha and was at a loss for words when he finally took her in. Her beauty awestruck him and he found himself frozen in place. He was dead silent for what seemed like years, jaw opened at how beautiful she was. When he finally snapped to his senses, he gave her a smile and said, "H-Hey Ms. Martel!"
                                                                        using the same squeaky and high nervous voice that came out of Alisha just moments ago. Lyle, now embarrassed, cleared his through and gave Alisha another smile. "And it's okay, you're not late. It's only," he said, briefly pulling up his sleeve to check his watch, "10:03." Lyle pulled his sleeve back down and stared at Alisha again. After moments of staring, he finally realized what he was doing and shook his head to visually apologize. "You were pretty earlier today. But tonight, you look great," he said, trying to sound the least amount of nervous as possible.

After a few moments of silence, Lyle finally offered, "So, what do you want to do tonight, Ms. Martel?" he said, sounding overly formal to try to lighten the mood. "We could go to the park and look at that new fountain sculpture, or we could go see a movie, or maybe just walk around and talk?" he said, his nervousness coming back in his voice. The truth was, Lyle has no game plan for tonight's date. He wasn't confident in anything he did and had convinced himself that he was leagues below Alisha.

さようなら

Pretty earlier, and great now? Was great better then pretty? Little Ms. Martel wasn't so convinced. Gorgeous, beautiful, or fabulous would suit the context better. Though on second though, she was certain none of those words described her. Great would be fine. She could handle 'great'.

It was definitely weird to be greeted so formally a well. This was a date, not a meeting. Still, she couldn't bring herself to correct him. Yet at least. Being referred to like an adult lady had it's own perks. Perks she wanted to explore further. Though, she was a tad unsure how to address him moving forward. How to start the conversation. Lyle clearly didn't have a plan. Wasn't it the responsibility of the one asking to have the plan? Perhaps this was simply a coward's assumption. Though it seemed, they both were.

The nervousness practically radiated off Lyle. They were a match in that regard at very least. Could two nervous people even make it through a date successfully? A worry to be certain, though they would soon find out. "Well, how about we take that park stroll then?" she suggested, figuring it was the most active of the three options presented. A movie was an easy way out of interacting, though she figured Lyle did want to talk to her, and she wanted to try and avoid running away from worries, this once. Walk and talk was fine, but a little aimless. The fountain could be nice at least, especially in the calm night air. A semi analytical reasoning, but it was her way of coping. She hadn't expected to have to actually decide what they were doing. A date was a date. So, what was a date?

It was her first one, as Kasumi well knew. She didn't watch chick flicks, she didn't watch romances. Or read them, for that matter. While Kasumi was well versed in... well, everything, Alisha was out of her element. She didn't know how this was supposed to go, or what to do. It seemed, Lyle didn't either. Temptation told her to pull out the necklace and signal her companion, though she resisted the urge. She had to do this herself. For now at least.

"How about, once we have our fill of the park, I'll give you three options to pick from for the second half of our intimate night?" she suggested, though realized quickly how stupid that my have sounded, from multiple angles. There was a reason her test scores at climax were so low for public speaking. Just how was she supposed to get into character as a 1920's woman? One thing was for certain, that she'd have to lean on Kasumi hard for that. However, that was a problem for another day. Today, she had to tackle love. Or, potential love. Feelings.

How to proceed? The brunette tried to run various ideas through her mind. Scenarios of what could, or should happen. Though, she knew not to wait too long. Despite a lack of knowledge in dating, she knew enough to try and avoid the dreaded 'awkward silence'. Trying to calm herself, she reached out her hand towards Lyle, offering a small, though genuine enough smile. "Lead the way?" she suggested. Would he hold it? How bold would he be, or not be?

Of course, she knew the way to the park. But that would defeat the point.

User Image
User Image

User Image

User Image

こんにちわ

As Kasumi lied down in the black abyss that was inside of the pendant, she listened to the date unfold. She wished she could see what was happening, but she knew Alisha wanted to do this on her own. Alisha never went on dates. Any time Alisha had the slightest amount of interactions with men, Kasumi would usually try to coach her in public. This served as a continuous issue due to the fact that it became easier and easier for Alisha to talk to Kasumi as she got older. However, humans talking to themselves didn't bode well in normal society. Alisha could try to convince people all she wanted that Kasumi wasn't a figment of her imagination, but the truth was that humans are always afraid of what they don't know. There were times in Alisha's younger days where she would slip and accidentally say something to Kasumi while in public. Luckily,
                                                                        none of those times prompted someone to "help" Alisha with her emotional health,
                                                                        and the two would prefer to keep it that way.

Even though the spirit could only see pitch black darkness all around her, she heard everything Alisha was hearing perfectly. "Lyle sounds like almost as much of a spaz as Ali," she said to herself, "this should be matchmade in heaven." Kasumi laughed to herself at her small joke, but there was sincerity behind it. Kasumi knew that Alisha didn't have many friends because not many people were like her. There are plenty of introverts in the world, but there's only one Alisha Martel. It was hard to find someone who was as similar to the girl until Lyle came along. It was refreshing, really. Kasumi sat up and crossed her legs over each other before resting her face on her palms. "Man...I didn't even get to date when I was alive," she pouted to herself. The idea of love and intimacy wasn't exactly the most pleasant thought for Kasumi. After all, the cause of her death was a combination of violence in both the physical and sexual ways. The first fifty or so years after her death, Kasumi found all forms of love to be disgusting. It wasn't until her first century of post-death that she began to warm up to the idea of love. Wandering the world with no one to talk to left time for a lot of observation of people. If there was one feeling she was fascinated by from all her years of wandering, it was love. Her chance never came, so she did her best to make it happen for Alisha.

~~~~~~~

Lyle tried his best to keep his nervousness less obvious as he awaited for Alisha's reply.
                                                                        Great? Really, Lyle? You couldn't have said beautiful? You had to say great? scolded the blonde to himself in his own mind. Lyle had never gained the courage to ask a girl out before. His days were full with work and taking care of his mother, there wasn't much time for anything else. Alisha, however, had something about her that struck Lyle with the courage he needed to take the first step. He wasn't quite sure what it was about her just yet, but he wasn't going to let an opportunity like this to slip from his fingers. When Alisha finally replied, a small blush appeared on his face when she used the word 'intimate.' Was that what this was to her? Lyle needed to step up his game if it was. The blonde waiter gave her a smile and said,
                                                                        "Park stroll it is." When Alisha offered her hand, Lyle looked down at it in silence. He was in such disbelief that he momentarily froze. After quick thinking, however, he nodded and offered his arm like a gentleman. "Right this way," he said rather playfully.

~~~

Kasumi, hearing everything, let out a playful, "Oooooo he's good." In her years of wandering, she knew exactly what some words meant. No one says "right this way" unless they're being formal. And because Lyle was off the clock, he wasn't showing Alisha the way, he was leading her. "Man, I haven't seen the arm thing since the 1940's," she said jokingly to herself as she reminisced.

~~~

Once they were on their way, Lyle walked in silence for a bit. He knew he should try to start a conversation, but he was completely clueless on what to say. "So...Alisha right? Sorry about the 'Ms. Martel' thing. We're trained at Fleur's to be as formal as possible," he said with a small laugh. "So what brings you to Fleur's all the time? I know I've seen you around a couple times. You must live close," he said, attempting to keep the conversation going.

さようなら

Well, not the intended result, but it would do. She'd meant them to hold hands. That was a date thing to do, right? Instead he was making a show of it. But that was fine. They could have a little goofy fun. Smiling, Alisha took his arm. Something she'd seen in a movie or two, so she knew the idea, even if she'd never partaken in the old tradition. She'd have to ask Kasumi about it later.

"Hey, no worries. I can appreciate a little formality in my life. I've got too much casual as it is. Heck, I'm too casual as it is" she let out a short laugh at herself. Kasumi would always tell her she was fine the way she was. She didn't need to change. But how true was that? She would always doubt herself. Her looks, her words, her abilities. If doubt was all she had, shouldn't she change? To counter those doubts?

Yet here she was, worrying once more. That, and thinking of her ghost friend. She couldn't help it. Even in moments that were her own, even when Kasumi rarely stayed silent and out of sight, Alisha thought about her. She was living life for both of them. That was the fact of the matter, and she couldn't get over that. She couldn't help but wonder if Lyle was the right kind of guy for Kasumi, not just herself. In a way, she sometimes thought of the ghost as another personality, her other half. In her later teen years, there had been times where she even worried that Kasumi was just in her head. A split personality, or something crazy like that. She had only expressed such thoughts once, and dropped it after that. Kasumi was real. She knew that. But if she was so real, and not just imagination, why had noone else ever mentioned something like this? Why were ghost stories so spooky, or unbelievable? Were other ghosts just not as tame as Kasumi?

However, realizing her mind was wandering, the girl shook herself back to the present, and Lyle's questions.

"Sorry. Um, well the breakfasts I guess. I do live close. Just a block or so away. Fleur's is on the way to work. I'm useless in the morning, so it provides a proper meal that I'm too tired to make, and motivation to get up on time" She explained. "Its like, a rule for me. If I can't get up in time to have breakfast at Fleurs, then I don't eat at all. A self punishment" she detailed. Though, she quickly realized that this was likely just rambling to him. It wasn't romantic, nor insightful. How the hell do you talk on a date anyways?

"But, you know I just figure its good food and good service. The crepes, french toast, omelettes. And then you, today" she shrugged. "I mean, for service. You're not food" She corrected, blushing at the lapse in judgement.

"Oh, and you can call me whatever you like. Alisha, Ms. Martel, Ali, Vi" She said, dropping in her odd enough middle name. Ultimately, she had always been under the opinion that people should call her what they thought suited her. Just because she had been born with a name, didn't mean it was always the right one. She knew it was an odd opinion to have, and for many was just a confusing notion. For a while, she had even gone by Molly, a name now given to her home computer. Simply enough, someone had said it suited her, and so she went by it.

"And what about you? You said your mom got you the job as a waiter, right? But do you like Fleur's? Are you trying to make a career out of it, or is it just a stepping stone?" she asked, genuinely curious. Having done a waitress job for a year part time, she knew a little about what his job entailed, making it all the more interesting to hear. However, Alisha had been quite terrible at it. Being on her feet for so long hadn't been easy either, something she was only now starting to gain the stamina for, thanks to her testing and fitness training at Climax.

User Image
User Image

User Image

User Image

こんにちわ

Lyle kept pace with Alisha as they walked through the city to the park. It was a bit of a walk, but he didn't mind because he was spending time with her and getting to know the girl he's seen come to Fleur's time and time again. "Formality is all I've known really. I find myself falling back on it cause it's what I know. It's nice to meet someone who's more casual than formal. It's refreshing," said the blonde happily. All of Lyle's life has been him serving other people just to get by. From taking up jobs, to taking care of his mother, he was always the one giving instead of receiving. It was the only life he's known and he has come to terms with it. He only hoped that Alisha would still be interested in him despite his never-ending situation.

~~~~

As Kasumi listened to the date unfold in the black abyss that was inside the ruby pendant,
                                                                        she couldn't help but smile. Kasumi and Alisha have been attached since Alisha was a very young girl, so Kasumi has had time for nothing else other than watching the girl grow up. She had to admit, she was jealous that the girl made it past age seventeen, Kasumi's life having ended on that age, but she was happy that she was a witness to such a pure person. Over time, Kasumi has accept the fact that Alisha is practically her little sister.
                                                                        In more ways than one, Kasumi has helped Alisha with her life, giving her the best guidance that she possibly could. Her jealousy of Alisha's mortality was less important than her love for the girl. It didn't take long for Alisha to grow on Kasumi when they were first attached. Kasumi lived through Alisha and couldn't thank her enough for it. Now,
                                                                        with Alisha in her twenties, Kasumi could happily say that the brunette has grown into a wonderful person. Her only worry was eighty years from now, when Alisha would be aging closer to the end of her life while Kasumi could do nothing but watch. But, that was another thought for a another, very far off, date. What needed to be focused on now,
                                                                        was this date.

~~~~

Lyle listened intently to Alisha as she spoke, answering his questions. When she finished he replied, "A block or two, huh? That is close. You're lucky, I live a little far, so my walk isn't as quick as yours." The blonde let out a small laugh,
                                                                        laughing at himself rather pathetically. "Well, I'm glad that our food is to your liking. Maybe I could serve you every time you come to Fleur's now," he teased. When Alisha began listing all of the names she could go by, Lyle was visibly thrown off-guard by the last one. "Vi? Where does that name come from?" he asked, genuinely curious. Lyle had never had any form of a nickname. Unless one would count the terms of endearment that his mother would call him. As far as he knew, he was just 'Lyle'.

When Alisha brought up his job, Lyle nodded in agreement. "Yeah, Francine, the hostess from today, owed my mom some favors and so she was able to get me a job. And as much as I love serving food and working all day, it's not a career. I'm just trying to make money to pay off my student debt," he said, letting out a small laugh again. Almost randomly, Lyle's demeanor changed. He said, "And for my mom." Lyle looked down at the floor as he walked. His mother was a sensitive subject for him, and he was about to explain why. But first, he perked himself up, trying not to bring down the mood of the conversation. "My mom isn't healthy, so half my paycheck goes to her medical expenses. I don't live with her anymore either, so I kinda need to pay for her rent too," he said, in a more upbeat voice.
                                                                        If there was one person in the world that Lyle was protective over, it was his mother.
                                                                        His mother meant the world to him and he worked the hard hours he has at Fleur's because of his mother. He could never thank her enough, or properly rather, so he showed his gratitude by making sure her medication and rent was paid for.

さようなら

"There's nothing all that special to it"
Alisha shrugged. "Vi is my middle name. It's not short for Vivian or Violet, or anything like that. Just Vi. Mom told me that she just thought it sounded regal. She wanted a little princess for a daughter. Instead, she got whatever I am" another shrug followed as they went on. Moms. How did they get stuck talking about their moms on a date? In a way it was comforting that he seemed as poor at talking about eachother as she did. Though, it would have been useful too to have a dating pro to learn from. Would Kasumi be a good teacher? Or perhaps, she'd need the aid for a an older girl, a mentor in dating, and being a girlfriend.

Girlfriend. The very thought of the word made her cheeks glow, though she quickly shook it off, trying to focus instead on Lyle. This night was for eachother. She had to try and stay on task.

"Damn. I'm sorry, Lyle. That's rough"
she frowned. Alisha's needs were more or less provided for her by the company. She made little money from the deal, minimum wage really. Though they paid for her meals, and rent. So she could easily enough afford clothes or the rare luxury. While at times she questioned it, Alisha never really complained. It was a choice she'd made, and she didn't need more money all that badly. Though Lyle's situation was just such a flip to her own. Though a similarity she did see. Alisha had always felt she was living for two. Though Kasumi didn't cost anything besides a whimsical request or two. Lyle was living for two as well, though it seemed to be costing him everything. His time, and money. It sounded like a breeding ground for stress and depression.

It was a reminder though too. Once more, she was meeting someone strong. Stronger than herself. More capable. Alisha wasn't sure she could do what he has to. "It sounds like a shitty situation, honestly. But if you want a bright side, its impressive. Living on your own while supporting your mom so heavily, its not something anyone could do. I'm sure once you're able to start looking for a career, the dedication will show" she said, throwing on a small smile as she looked sideways at him. Though it sounded like he wasn't exactly full on free time. Could she devote herself to someone this busy? Would he have time for a girlfriend?

It was that word again. A powerful enough word to make her look down to the ground in embarrassment. Alisha knew she had to take things one step at a time, to stop over analyzing, and worrying over what could be. But it was hard. It was oh so hard.

Before all too long they arrived at the center of the park. It was a circular path surrounding the massive fountain. Ornate, and sparkling in the moonlight. The area was clear too, leaving them alone with the trickle of the water. A popular place during the day, though evidently they were lucky enough for some privacy. Though having not yet been to visit since the new installation, she felt a little bad. Kasumi couldn't see. The fountain was pretty enough, she had to admit. It was no magnificent waterfall, but it was still nice. Risking looking a little weird, she then made a move to pull the necklace from under her shirt, trying to do so with as little movement as possible so as not to draw Lyle's attention to it. She didn't want him thinking she was trying to show off the jewel or anything. But for now, she released her hand from the ruby, allowing her friend to see their surroundings. For now at least, she'd let her watch. Until she started meddling anyways.

"So" she spoke softly, a little drawn out. "You said you were paying your student loans" Alisha noted, both curious, and trying to show that she listened. That was important, was it not? Another worry. "What were you studying? Anything exciting?" She questioned. What did the server want to do with this life?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff